CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

you have a lovely refreshing attitude hun - bit like me, you just dust yourself off if you c0ck it up! Well done xxx

you have a lovely refreshing attitude hun - bit like me, you just dust yourself off if you c0ck it up! Well done xxx

Oh Elle I am the c0ck up master (I am not sure that sounds as innocent as I meant it!) I always fall off, but I always manage to get on my tired old feet again!

Snap babe - its all about dedication to the cause! haha! (I can laugh today about this - most times I wanna scream!) x

Oooops got confused with me days. Hope las igs is nice! I'm not jealous or anything. *sulk* ha ha.

Good thoughts about yesterday's eats. Your not setting a goal time so there's no pressure. I had some crisps last night and I seriously wish I could live on them. So good! X

Oh Elle I am the c0ck up master (I am not sure that sounds as innocent as I meant it!) I always fall off, but I always manage to get on my tired old feet again!

Love it!!

Foods today:

Oh I have eaten really well today, I was very good all day and had a wonderful meal at las iguanas tonight, I took photos and even got Mick in on the action of photographing his own meals:

B1 - boiled egg

B2 - Greek Yog and honey at work

L - mackerel and a rainbow super salad from M&S which was delish!

image-1467082914.jpg

image-2827277648.jpg

Now onto sexy food time:

Me:
Starters: Gambas! Fook me it was delish and hot and scrummdidlyumtious

image-387630330.jpg

Mains: Bahia Moqueca with white fish and prawns, also scrummdidlyumtious

image-181623987.jpg

And meat

image-96795464.jpg

Mick:
Starters: empanadas (with Turkey)

image-3341185457.jpg

Mains: Enchilladas with spicy chicken

image-918886261.jpg

I have it on good authority that these were scrum too!

Afterwards we popped to M&S and saw these trousers -

image-3829953676.jpg

He threatened to buy them for the cruise!

All in all a lovely day xxx

Attachments

• image-952684249.jpg
    image-952684249.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 49
Sounds like you've had a bloody fab day - well done! I absolutely adore Mexican food - if there's a Chimichangas near you I URGE you to go. Out of this world!

Sexy trousers too! ;-) bet you're loving the idea of that...

Sounds like you've had a bloody fab day - well done! I absolutely adore Mexican food - if there's a Chimichangas near you I URGE you to go. Out of this world!

Sexy trousers too! ;-) bet you're loving the idea of that...

We do have a Chimichangas and I do love it!!!! Mexican food rocks. I really want to try Wajaca or Wahaca? Its like a Mexican Street food place, but a bit more upmarket, Thomasena Myers owns them. There is one near me in Bluewater, but I have yet to try it, mainly because to Mick Fajitas are Mexican enough for him!!!!
I love empanadas :drool: - I'm not entirely convinced by the yellow trews though.;)

They did look good, I wished I had tried them now. No, the yellow trews were pretty horrendous, thankfully he thought so to. I said to him that the arrow pointing at his head said "tw$t" underneath!

I have only just realised that your username is SallyVater, as in salivator! HA ha, I only just got that! Der Brain me.

Hahah! - Oooh you're near Bluewater? Me too - dangerous, DANGEROUS place both for my diet and my wallet. :D My Mum went yesterday to get a toaster and kettle - she ended up getting KitchenAid ones from John Lewis, God only knows how much they cost. :eek:

Hahah! - Oooh you're near Bluewater? Me too - dangerous, DANGEROUS place both for my diet and my wallet. :D My Mum went yesterday to get a toaster and kettle - she ended up getting KitchenAid ones from John Lewis, God only knows how much they cost. :eek:

Really? Where is ya? Kent or Essex? Yes, its dangerous, I am also 4 mins drive from Lakeside too, double whammy! My mum has a kitchen aid, it looks so pretty. They are ridiculously expensive tho. I love Lakeland too!!! I need to go there, just for a wander - i love to spend money in there!! They have one in Lakeside now.

I'm on the Kent side, about a 10 minute drive away. I haven't been to Lakeside in YEARS - I probably wouldn't recognise it, I should plan a trip over the water.

I've got a KitchenAid mixer so now the kitchen has a full set (I live with my mum and my boys at the moment - I've told her I'm taking my mixer with me when I go, even if it does go nicely with her new appliances!)

Lakeland is amazing, I do spend quite a lot of time in there gaping at the prices of things though - stuff like little plastic sandwich bags are extremely pricey. *moths fly out of purse*

I'm on the Kent side, about a 10 minute drive away. I haven't been to Lakeside in YEARS - I probably wouldn't recognise it, I should plan a trip over the water.

I've got a KitchenAid mixer so now the kitchen has a full set (I live with my mum and my boys at the moment - I've told her I'm taking my mixer with me when I go, even if it does go nicely with her new appliances!)

Lakeland is amazing, I do spend quite a lot of time in there gaping at the prices of things though - stuff like little plastic sandwich bags are extremely pricey. *moths fly out of purse*

Ah, we are probably fairly close in distance then.

I think Lakeland is pricey too, and some of their stuff just isn't very good. My mum and I got bedazzled by these red plastic hand grabber things, that are supposed to withstand heat and you use them to get things out of the oven like an oven glove, they are CRAP! They burn your fingers!!! I do have their potato/onion/veg bags to keep them fresh - they are pretty good. I just need a "keep bananas fresherer" bag now!

Just did a really long reply and it crashed. Stupid iPhones and stupid O2 3G!

Dinner looked amazing. I'm actually lusting after Mexican now! X

Food today:

B - Greek Yogurt, Honey and Banana

L - Tandoori Prawn and calamari with rainbow super salad - this was absolutely delish. I also has some Smiths Cheese and Onion Squares

image-2700959454.jpg

image-4245273488.jpg

D - Lamb and Veg kebabs, rice and chips - this was delish too!!!!

image-2349734193.jpg

Wonderful food day today!!!

Oh, and I saw this on FB, i thought we could all do with taking some if this advice

image-362496206.jpg

Hey! Can't believe I hadn't found your diary to sub yet! My damn phone app for minimins doesn't show sigs and I usually type all my stuff on there these days.
Fab seeing all the pics :D looks so yum! Am subbed now so will be staying up to date! x

Friday 28th - :scale: weigh in day......... 2lbs on... Ok, I deserved that, I am actually happy it wasn't more! So moving on, I hope I have a better week, although I am home alone this weekend, which usually spells CharleyBarley getting up to food related hijinx!!!

To batter my hijinx down I am going to be cooking a lot on Saturday, I am going to treat myself to a Butter Chicken recipe, which while it isn't particularly good for you, the way I make it is a much healthier version than the real thing and I will feel like I am being naughty, when I am not really.

I don't have much butter on my food, and this recipe calls for quite a bit, but I will use a 3 of tbsps, and that will be split over a few portions and also instead of cream, I like to use evap milk. Its a delicious recipe and one that I have used in the past and I and other people I have cooked it for, loved it! I will have that with some rice and perhaps a mini naan.

I am also going to be doing individual beef and ale pies for mine and Mick's tea on Sunday, so I will be doing the beef and ale bit on Saturday. I also want to prepare some paella portions for a couple of lunches next week, which I will freeze in portions - hopefully they will defrost ok.

So hopefully that will keep me out of trouble for most of Saturday afternoon.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, having lasted over two weeks with a bad hip I finally bit the bullet and decided to see a physio. We have a sports masseuse who comes into the office once every two weeks - I have such a problem with people touching me and especially in a place like my hip where my belly hangs... I was so ashamed, but I was also in pain. That was Wednesday, she was really nice and she worked the area really hard and she hurt me! Which to me means that she has done good...at least I hope she has! I am still in pain, but I am going to try and ignore the pain and I am going to attempt swimming again - I really need to do some activity again, even though I tend to hurt myself whenever I attempt any physical exertion!

She did say (and she wasnt the first to tell me this) that my muscles are incredibly tight and I should always warm them up and cool them down before exercising - I know I should, but I never bother, but she told me that people like me, with very tight muscles should ALWAYS stretch...

So today I have lunch out for a girl at works birthday, we are going here - the menu looks delish.. I am thinking haddock salad or the meditteranean platter, if the smaller portion is for one. http://www.jamiesbars.co.uk/assets/pdf/creechurch-lane/lunch-menu.pdf#view-fit

Thoughts?

Congratulations on only putting the 2lbs on, I put 3lb on this week and was so disappointed with myself. Even though I'd been naughty.

Your butter chicken sounds really good! I'd love to see a photo over the weekend. I tend to cook just from my slimming world recipes, so the only time I get naughty is when we buy in snack food, i drink too much wine or we eat out or get takeaways.

Back