CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Will do, thanks x

hey lovely - hows things going? I am back off my holidays and just catching up! xx

Hi Love

Did you have a lovely time? What great weather you had eh!?

I am now elligble for gold member-hood!!! Get me, I have a golden ticket I have a golden ticket! I will pop over and check it out sometime.

x

Monday 10th March

Hi All

I hope you all had lovely weekends, the weather was fine wasn't it? It makes me so sad when the weather gets good, we have an east facing flat, so we only get the sun first thing, then it gets dark and cold - I had no idea the weather was good on Sunday until the afternoon. I went out early in the morning and it was a little chilli, then went in the flat of cold and doom and gloom (I really want to move!) and then popped out to my folks and it was glorious! We sat in the garden drinking (ahem) beers.

Foodwise this weekend could have been worse, but to be honest, it could have been a hell of a lot better! I did go to the gym both Saturday and Sunday so I feel happy that I did that. I never overdid it, so I am going to get back into it slowly now.

I then tried on the bikinis in their new sizes together (top 18 and bottoms 14) - these are the ones I want to be able to have the courage to wear in December, I am currenly 22 top and 18/20 bottom. They fit, as in they do up - but I took pictures this time and I honestly got a real shock. I knew what to expect looking at myself front on, but then I took a picture of my back with my iphone looking into a mirror - and I am horrified! My back has more rolls than a bakery! And they are uneven too! I went from being at the gym, with my music on walking on an incline singing along feeling fit and healthy and great, to trying on my bikini and realising how gross I actually am. I have also faced the realisation where all my weight goes, on my back! I always used to wonder why I weighed so much in comparison to other people, because I dont necessarily "look" my weight - OH BOY I can see it now!

I am back on it today with a vengence and will go swimming tomorrow morning. I was even thinking of hiring a personal trainer, until I realised I can't afford one!!!!

To top it off - It is Monday, I haven't won the lottery, I have a pre-period headache and I have Thrush AND I had to pay £14 for the pill and cream to get rid of it!

I feel a Boomtown Rats song coming on..... I wanna shooooooo-oooot the whole day down.

I have the same problem as you, everyone says you don't need to lose weight, thing is, I see it without any clothes on and it isn't pretty! Lol. However, you're on plan and going really well with it, so I wouldn't worry, we'll soon be looking good in our bikini's. Plus! Worst case scenario.... we'll just have to lie on a sun lounger all day long....??! LOL
But seriously, keep going, it's all going to be worth it.

Where did you get your bikini's from?? I'm not sure what to do, I keep seeing lovely ones in all the shops, but not sure whether to wait it out until closer to holiday as my boobs seem to be shrinking at a quicker rate to my arse... not good. But instead of usually buying 14/16 i'll probably need a lot smaller top to bottoms.

I just got told this weather may be here for the next two weeks as well... lots of long walks and a chilled beer or two coming up.

Hi Love

Did you have a lovely time? What great weather you had eh!?

I am now elligble for gold member-hood!!! Get me, I have a golden ticket I have a golden ticket! I will pop over and check it out sometime.

x

Yeah was lovely - only one rainy day - so we did 'indoor soft play' and swimming with little one. Was great.

Golden ticket (woop) - I expect a visit to my chatty diary now then - hehe! x

oh and bikinis - give me a 50's style swimsuit one piece anyday!!!!!!!!! (that's what I have two of! with little skirt bits haha) x

Oh I so know what you mean about backfat. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at the weekend and there was BULGING going on. Dear oh dear!

Is that chilli sauce on that kebab? I love that stuff!

Glad you had a nice weekend lovely.

I think lots of people are trying to have a good week judging by the diaries. You can dooooo eeeeeet Charley! X

Monday 10th March

Hi All

I hope you all had lovely weekends, the weather was fine wasn't it? It makes me so sad when the weather gets good, we have an east facing flat, so we only get the sun first thing, then it gets dark and cold - I had no idea the weather was good on Sunday until the afternoon. I went out early in the morning and it was a little chilli, then went in the flat of cold and doom and gloom (I really want to move!) and then popped out to my folks and it was glorious! We sat in the garden drinking (ahem) beers.

Foodwise this weekend could have been worse, but to be honest, it could have been a hell of a lot better! I did go to the gym both Saturday and Sunday so I feel happy that I did that. I never overdid it, so I am going to get back into it slowly now.

I then tried on the bikinis in their new sizes together (top 18 and bottoms 14) - these are the ones I want to be able to have the courage to wear in December, I am currenly 22 top and 18/20 bottom. They fit, as in they do up - but I took pictures this time and I honestly got a real shock. I knew what to expect looking at myself front on, but then I took a picture of my back with my iphone looking into a mirror - and I am horrified! My back has more rolls than a bakery! And they are uneven too! I went from being at the gym, with my music on walking on an incline singing along feeling fit and healthy and great, to trying on my bikini and realising how gross I actually am. I have also faced the realisation where all my weight goes, on my back! I always used to wonder why I weighed so much in comparison to other people, because I dont necessarily "look" my weight - OH BOY I can see it now!

I am back on it today with a vengence and will go swimming tomorrow morning. I was even thinking of hiring a personal trainer, until I realised I can't afford one!!!!

To top it off - It is Monday, I haven't won the lottery, I have a pre-period headache and I have Thrush AND I had to pay £14 for the pill and cream to get rid of it!

I feel a Boomtown Rats song coming on..... I wanna shooooooo-oooot the whole day down.

Hello lovely,

the weather was beautiful! I absolutely adore the sunshine, I wanted to go out and play all weekend but mike just wouldn't do anything! It made me so sad :( I don't want to be one of those couples who never do anything. So I spent most of Sunday on my own doing stuff while he "studied" (he blatantly didn't study. Urgh).

Amazing work for for getting back into the gym, how did you get on? What stuff do you do when you're there? Good for you not overdoing it, some people get into that gym frame of mind and completely screw themselves over. Do you have physio or anything for your hip?

Don't even get my started on back fat! I remember when I was slimmer, I was out with this girl on a night out and we saw this really large girl in a really tight top with an even tighter bra and my friend turned to me and said "you know you're fat when your back has rolls" ... It's always stuck with me and here I am with a chubby back! At weekends though when I just laze around in a baggy t shirt and no bra, I always find myself running my hands up and down my back - I'm so sure I've lost weight there so I can't help but do it all the time! So keep going with your weightloss hun - before you know it those rolls will be a distant memory!

At work today I went to the food van that comes round to get a salad to go with a tuna fishcake I had made and there was this girl there - she must be knocking nearly 30 stone and a massive proportion of that was on her back and the back of her legs. I've never seen a back like it if I'm honest, it was so, so much wider than the rest of her. I thought to myself then that I'm not going to worry now how long this weightloss takes me, as long as I stick to it and not get to her size. She was buying such bad food too and I found myself judging her a little bit and then I instantly felt so awful about it. Who am I to judge her? She always seems so smiley and helpful and yet this is just what happens doesn't it. I bet being overweight can affect all sorts like whether you'd get hired for a job,whether you're let in places on a night out, how people treat you and stuff. Sorry, I've completely gone off on a tangent but it's just something I was thinking about earlier after I so very wrongly judged that girl.

Hope you enjoy your swimming tomorrow and have a good day :) x

Food today:

B - Greek Yog with granola, fruit and a drop of honey

L - Mackerel salad and butternut squash soup

image-3277413889.jpg

Snack - half pack of grapes and a small bag of popcorn from sainsburys, one Lindt dark choc ball and a cappuccino

D - Nandos chicken and salad

image-3897211088.jpg

A lovely food day!

That Nando's chick looks lush. I heard the other day that Dappy from Ndubz (this makes me sound like a fan, I'm not!) has had his black card taken away. Man I need nando's black card! Maybe I should write and say they could trust me with it much more than they could him?

Have you heard Example and Ed Sheerans Nando's rap (or wrap!?!?) on YouTube? My brother and nephews love it.

Hopefully the b'stard thrush is starting to disappear. The joys of being female eh? And yes £14 to get rid is taking the Michael! Sainsburys do an oral tablet you can take, think it's about £6. We deffo get ripped off to try and feel better, it sucks.

I got some codeine tabs over the counter last week. The sainsburys ones £1.40 but out of stock. The branded ones, exactly the same £4.99! Whaaaat!? It's the same! Gaz always sulks if I buy him supermarket rennie but they're a rip off and they're the same. He reckons not but that's cos he's a label tart.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent there, I only popped in to say morning xx

I was given a prescription for a pessary to clear mine up and when I went to collect it from Sainsbury's their own generic one was actually cheaper than the prescription charge - they very kindly refunded me the difference. The oral ones I took didn't help me, so if you find that to be the case definitely try the pessary.

That Nando's chick looks lush. I heard the other day that Dappy from Ndubz (this makes me sound like a fan, I'm not!) has had his black card taken away. Man I need nando's black card! Maybe I should write and say they could trust me with it much more than they could him?

Have you heard Example and Ed Sheerans Nando's rap (or wrap!?!?) on YouTube? My brother and nephews love it.

Hopefully the b'stard thrush is starting to disappear. The joys of being female eh? And yes £14 to get rid is taking the Michael! Sainsburys do an oral tablet you can take, think it's about £6. We deffo get ripped off to try and feel better, it sucks.

I got some codeine tabs over the counter last week. The sainsburys ones £1.40 but out of stock. The branded ones, exactly the same £4.99! Whaaaat!? It's the same! Gaz always sulks if I buy him supermarket rennie but they're a rip off and they're the same. He reckons not but that's cos he's a label tart.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent there, I only popped in to say morning xx

Hi lovey!

Believe it or not Mick made that Nandos chicken himself! Quite the chef eh? We just used the wet Nando Sauce to marinade, spatchcock the chicken and stick it in the oven for an hour. Its our Monday night treat, Nandos (Mickdos)Chicken, SW chips and salad - we did used to have the half chicken each, but the real Nandos Chickens are tiny, almost pigeon sized in comparison to a Tescos bird! So we realised how greedy it was and save the other half for the next day. We eat this whilst watching Hawaii 5-0 - its a thing we do!

What is a black Nandos card and why haven't I got one?! We do eat Nandos at least twice a month, it used to be every week before I you tubed how to spatchcock my own!!

I know re. Thrush - I get so depressed when it creeps up on me, not only the annoyance of it but more the knowledge that I know I am going to get 100% ripped off with the treatment! I have to say it is good stuff though I am already feeling a lot 'happier' downstairs! I never realised Sains did their own treatment, I have used their allergy tablets before, you get loads in a packet and they are really cheap and good!

x

I was given a prescription for a pessary to clear mine up and when I went to collect it from Sainsbury's their own generic one was actually cheaper than the prescription charge - they very kindly refunded me the difference. The oral ones I took didn't help me, so if you find that to be the case definitely try the pessary.

I have never tried the pessary, but I think I will next time it happens. I don't get it too often. This bout was caused by some shower gel that I got for Christmas, its a lovely smell, but don't use it on your nunni! Its Bayliss and something or other, Cherry Blossom and Itchy Crotch is the fragrance!

oh and bikinis - give me a 50's style swimsuit one piece anyday!!!!!!!!! (that's what I have two of! with little skirt bits haha) x

Oh I so know what you mean about backfat. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at the weekend and there was BULGING going on. Dear oh dear!

I have always been ok with my lower parts, its my top, middle and back (nearly went into Strike It Lucky mode then!) that is the problem areas for me, so pretty much the whole of my body is a butterball on some ok legs! I know I will never look like Kellly Brook in a bikini and I have made my peace with that, I just want to drop some weight to see if I have the knackers to actually wear a bikini. You see plenty of women who don't look good in a bikini but wear one anyway and don't care - I want to be one of those ladies. Like my friend said to me "brown fat is better than white fat!" I don't mean I am going to be strutting around the ship all devil may care, I just want to be able to wear one.

I used to wear a bikini - but since having the little one I am so unconfident in myself (body image) I think I need to take a leaf out of your book.

I also need to work on my core. Currently it looks like a large round apple, than the core! x

I have never tried the pessary, but I think I will next time it happens. I don't get it too often. This bout was caused by some shower gel that I got for Christmas, its a lovely smell, but don't use it on your nunni! Its Bayliss and something or other, Cherry Blossom and Itchy Crotch is the fragrance!

HAHA! Get some of that "feminine wash" (Talk about a twee term, I think it confused my sons as it was definitely not only being used by me :eek:) it's PH friendly apparently.

I have the same problem as you, everyone says you don't need to lose weight, thing is, I see it without any clothes on and it isn't pretty! Lol. However, you're on plan and going really well with it, so I wouldn't worry, we'll soon be looking good in our bikini's. Plus! Worst case scenario.... we'll just have to lie on a sun lounger all day long....??! LOL
But seriously, keep going, it's all going to be worth it.

Where did you get your bikini's from?? I'm not sure what to do, I keep seeing lovely ones in all the shops, but not sure whether to wait it out until closer to holiday as my boobs seem to be shrinking at a quicker rate to my arse... not good. But instead of usually buying 14/16 i'll probably need a lot smaller top to bottoms.

I just got told this weather may be here for the next two weeks as well... lots of long walks and a chilled beer or two coming up.

Well thats the problem I have. The regular shops only do the smaller bikini bottoms, I need the fuller bottoms - also, by the time I need to go on the cruise there won't be any left in the shops. So I have bought them now, in a lower size in the hope they will look better on me in 10 months' time than they currently do. I got them from Simply Be. If you go on the website, the ones I got are the pink polka dot one and the blue one with ships and the one with stripes.

Hello lovely,

the weather was beautiful! I absolutely adore the sunshine, I wanted to go out and play all weekend but mike just wouldn't do anything! It made me so sad :( I don't want to be one of those couples who never do anything. So I spent most of Sunday on my own doing stuff while he "studied" (he blatantly didn't study. Urgh). Argh - I feel your pain there! Mick is so similar to your Mike, I think we have spoken about it before. I do tend to drag him out - its only for small lengths of time and with a promise of a beer afterwards usually makes him happy!

Amazing work for for getting back into the gym, how did you get on? What stuff do you do when you're there? Good for you not overdoing it, some people get into that gym frame of mind and completely screw themselves over. Do you have physio or anything for your hip? On Saturday I warmed up for 5 mins on the bike, then did mainly weight machines and then cooled down for 5 mins on treadmill. Then on Sunday I did 35 mins straight on the treadmill on an 11% incline, although I did have to walk straight for a little while as the machine showed my heart rate was high! I felt fine and apparently those machines are not very accurate, but I didn't want to croak there and then on the machine! I have been having some work on my hip and I have been doing the stretches she gave me, it is a lot better, but still niggly. So long as I keep an eye on it and be careful and not walk too fast or use my hips too much, I should be fine.

Don't even get my started on back fat! I remember when I was slimmer, I was out with this girl on a night out and we saw this really large girl in a really tight top with an even tighter bra and my friend turned to me and said "you know you're fat when your back has rolls" ... It's always stuck with me and here I am with a chubby back! At weekends though when I just laze around in a baggy t shirt and no bra, I always find myself running my hands up and down my back - I'm so sure I've lost weight there so I can't help but do it all the time! So keep going with your weightloss hun - before you know it those rolls will be a distant memory! Yeah, I have the back fat curse. And that is why I struggle with going out clubbing and stuff, especially in tight clothes because people make comments like that! I have some terrible memories of me being younger (and not as big as I am now) and overhearing people taking the mick or making comments towards the way I looked. People don't mean to be mean (well, not everyone) but it doesn't help your self esteem. I often used to be found crying in the loos on a night out wondering why I put myself through it. I remember once being in a club with my friends and having a great time and this guy walked in with his girlfriend and they were in the middle of a conversation, and he looked at me, pointed his finger straight at me and said to her "now, that's fat!" really loudly, not caring that I heard - I can only assume that she was saying to him just before that she felt fat in her dress or something and as they walked in, he saw me and said that. It was a flip comment that he probably thought no more of, but for me, it ruined my night. Another time, I was in a club, queing to get a drink and the bar wall had mirrors on so while you were waiting you could see what was going on behind you, and these blokes were stood behind me waiting to be served and they were making gestures about how big I was and how massive my arms were. I turned around and went mad at them - f-ing idiots couldn't figure out how I knew they were doing it until I pointed out the massive mirror. Again, another night ruined. I don't tend to go out too much anymore, and when I do - I get so anxious about it days before. But I usually have a good time. I think either times have changed slightly, or the clubs I go to, people are older and wiser, or maybe its me. I have grown up. Sorry, that was a little outburst - you opened a little floodgate there!

At work today I went to the food van that comes round to get a salad to go with a tuna fishcake I had made and there was this girl there - she must be knocking nearly 30 stone and a massive proportion of that was on her back and the back of her legs. I've never seen a back like it if I'm honest, it was so, so much wider than the rest of her. I thought to myself then that I'm not going to worry now how long this weightloss takes me, as long as I stick to it and not get to her size. She was buying such bad food too and I found myself judging her a little bit and then I instantly felt so awful about it. Who am I to judge her? She always seems so smiley and helpful and yet this is just what happens doesn't it. I bet being overweight can affect all sorts like whether you'd get hired for a job,whether you're let in places on a night out, how people treat you and stuff. Sorry, I've completely gone off on a tangent but it's just something I was thinking about earlier after I so very wrongly judged that girl. We all judge people on many different things, don't beat yourself up. But you are right, you don't know about someone until you walk in her shoes. As I said above, I used to get judged all the time and I hated it and I wasn't anywhere near the size I am now. I have always put on weight very quickly and always marvel or am in total envy when I see regular size people eat the same, if not more than me. Some people just get bigger quickly and some people eat and eat and get huge - some see it as a comfort, for some its addiction. Everyone has a story and that lady you judged in the food line might struggle daily, or might be completely comfortable with the way she is.

Hope you enjoy your swimming tomorrow and have a good day :) x
I never went swimming, I thought with my current thrush issue the chlorine might aggravate it, so I went to the gym instead - get me!!!!!

Last edited:
Back