CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Glad you had a lovely time with Minks! I'm from up Naarth, but could try and make a southern meet if I knew the dates. Would be so lovely to meet everyone in the flesh. I know there was one in Sheffield last weekend but I didn't find out about it until the week before and already had plans - d'oh!

I do warn you though Charley that if we meet I might kidnap you to be my chef! ;) Your food is out of this world! x

Glad you had a lovely time with Minks! I'm from up Naarth, but could try and make a southern meet if I knew the dates. Would be so lovely to meet everyone in the flesh. I know there was one in Sheffield last weekend but I didn't find out about it until the week before and already had plans - d'oh!

I do warn you though Charley that if we meet I might kidnap you to be my chef! ;) Your food is out of this world! x

Ah man, thats so f-ing sweet, what a lovely thing to say, thanks doll!

And yes, please come doon from oop Narth, we'd Suvverners would be delighted to make your acquaintance (to be said in your best Artful Dodger impersonation!)

We will get some dates and locations going and see whose up for it and get it organised!

Ah man, thats so f-ing sweet, what a lovely thing to say, thanks doll!

And yes, please come doon from oop Narth, we'd Suvverners would be delighted to make your acquaintance (to be said in your best Artful Dodger impersonation!)

We will get some dates and locations going and see whose up for it and get it organised!

Sounds great, just let me know when the dates get thrown around :) Hope you're having a lovely day hun xx

Wednesday 9th April

I AM A GREEDY PIG - oink oink. First half of Tuesday was wonderful, breakfast a nice and healthy boiled egg and spinach roll (1.5) for butter and HEB for WW Petit Pain - beautiful but boy was I hungry for lunch....

I met up with the lovely Minks at St Ratford - alright Stratford(!) and had huge curry goat with rice and peas and veg, not saintly but defo didn't break the syn bank. I even left a little bit of rice because I was stuffed....

Onto Dinner (this is where things take a little tumble), I wasn't that hungry and BECAUSE I got the wrong thing out of the freezer (brace yourself for the most hideous excuse you are EVER going to hear) - I got a beef curry out instead of what I thought was a bolognese that I froze a couple of weeks ago.....and BECAUSE I wasn't THAT hungry anyway....and BECAUSE I had my tastebuds ready for bolognese not curry.... I had a KFC instead! There is a well thought out plan eh?

I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible thirst and that feeling you have, you know when you met someone the night before and you took things too far because you were drunk and you wake up thinking "oh my good gord, I didn't just do that did i? What was I thinking?" - thats the feeling I had at 4am this morning! Doubled with the fact that Mick, who has lived with me for 4 years, still can't fathom out the heating timer / on constant switch and he left the heating on all fricking night - I was a thirsty, sweating mess - so I stripped and laid on my sofa for the rest of the night! That is all I want to say on that matter.

Today is a new day. I had my appraisal this morning, which sucked a bit, I then had an hours' sports massage where my masseuse worked on my lower half, due to my ankle and hip problems. It was both painful and relaxing and hurt my purse at £60 - but if it helps, I am happy. She is not happy with my tightened muscles and doesn't want me to go to the gym for a few more weeks (YIPPPPPEEEEE....I mean BOOOOO, sad face etc) I have asked if I can go swimming, which she said I could. So I am going to endeavour to go tomorrow morning.

This afternoon I have a one to one pension talk with an adviser that my firm has laid on, I am going to try and be alert for that one!

So food planned, I will do pics later:

B - Boiled Egg and Spinach again in a WW Petit Pain and 1.5 for butter

L - Feta and Sweet Potato and Olive (1) salad with balsamic vinegar - delicious mix of sweet, salty and sharp!

D - The Beef Curry from yesterday, I can happily announce that I have my taste buds ready for this and will most definitely eat it....

xxxx

Wednesday 9th April I AM A GREEDY PIG - oink oink. First half of Tuesday was wonderful, breakfast a nice and healthy boiled egg and spinach roll (1.5) for butter and HEB for WW Petit Pain - beautiful but boy was I hungry for lunch.... I met up with the lovely Minks at St Ratford - alright Stratford(!) and had huge curry goat with rice and peas and veg, not saintly but defo didn't break the syn bank. I even left a little bit of rice because I was stuffed.... Onto Dinner (this is where things take a little tumble), I wasn't that hungry and BECAUSE I got the wrong thing out of the freezer (brace yourself for the most hideous excuse you are EVER going to hear) - I got a beef curry out instead of what I thought was a bolognese that I froze a couple of weeks ago.....and BECAUSE I wasn't THAT hungry anyway....and BECAUSE I had my tastebuds ready for bolognese not curry.... I had a KFC instead! There is a well thought out plan eh? I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible thirst and that feeling you have, you know when you met someone the night before and you took things too far because you were drunk and you wake up thinking "oh my good gord, I didn't just do that did i? What was I thinking?" - thats the feeling I had at 4am this morning! Doubled with the fact that Mick, who has lived with me for 4 years, still can't fathom out the heating timer / on constant switch and he left the heating on all fricking night - I was a thirsty, sweating mess - so I stripped and laid on my sofa for the rest of the night! That is all I want to say on that matter. Today is a new day. I had my appraisal this morning, which sucked a bit, I then had an hours' sports massage where my masseuse worked on my lower half, due to my ankle and hip problems. It was both painful and relaxing and hurt my purse at £60 - but if it helps, I am happy. She is not happy with my tightened muscles and doesn't want me to go to the gym for a few more weeks (YIPPPPPEEEEE....I mean BOOOOO, sad face etc) I have asked if I can go swimming, which she said I could. So I am going to endeavour to go tomorrow morning. This afternoon I have a one to one pension talk with an adviser that my firm has laid on, I am going to try and be alert for that one! So food planned, I will do pics later: B - Boiled Egg and Spinach again in a WW Petit Pain and 1.5 for butter L - Feta and Sweet Potato and Olive (1) salad with balsamic vinegar - delicious mix of sweet, salty and sharp! D - The Beef Curry from yesterday, I can happily announce that I have my taste buds ready for this and will most definitely eat it.... xxxx

Ahhhh I don't think your tea was that bad? 'Normal' people would think that was fine?

Cor send a bit of beef curry my way will ya? Xx

Ahhhh I don't think your tea was that bad? 'Normal' people would think that was fine?

I am actually in agreement with Hendo here lovely. In SW/diet world no, its not the best choice and your logic kinda goes out the window but to normal people? Grabbing a KFC (or any quicky takeaway) does not make you a piggy!
Had you have said you had a bucket or 2 to yourself.... I might have thought differently!
BUT you're back on it today so dust your shoulders off and keep to what we know.
Totally with you on the dehydration tho!

How are you doing? Xxx

Hahaha I would do EXACTLY the same the dissappintment of a promised meal would drive me to a take away in a heartbeat lol, iv abstained from takeaways since I started I'm waiting for yhe day I crack I know its coming soon lol

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am actually in agreement with Hendo here lovely. In SW/diet world no, its not the best choice and your logic kinda goes out the window but to normal people? Grabbing a KFC (or any quicky takeaway) does not make you a piggy!
Had you have said you had a bucket or 2 to yourself.... I might have thought differently!
BUT you're back on it today so dust your shoulders off and keep to what we know.
Totally with you on the dehydration tho!

How are you doing? Xxx

Ahh love you gals! Everyone on here always makes me feel better about myself, you are both right of course, it was "normal" for a normal person, but actually I was so not hungry, I do wonder what it was that made me push on through that KFC - my but it were good!

Stace, curry's on its way!

Donna, I am doing the dusting off your shoulders dance right now!

Hahaha I would do EXACTLY the same the dissappintment of a promised meal would drive me to a take away in a heartbeat lol, iv abstained from takeaways since I started I'm waiting for yhe day I crack I know its coming soon lol

Hello there - I am glad I have another kindred spirit! How long have you being doing this dieting lark? Do you have a diary? What diet do you follow? Too many questions?? !!

Hello there - I am glad I have another kindred spirit! How long have you being doing this dieting lark? Do you have a diary? What diet do you follow? Too many questions?? !!

I do have a diary, been about 3 weeks so fairly early on, 8 pound down but iv got 100 pounds to loose by Xmas eve and then a further 40 next year eeeeeek what am I thinking lol I'm doing slimming world

hey hun! I can so relate to the KFC last night. Whenever I have my meals all planned out and something goes wrong I always get really annoyed and end up going for something quick and convenient. Last time it happened the cats had got into my slow cooker stew and I ended up ordering an Indian - oops!

Like others have already said, one KFC now and again isn't really a bad thing, but know what you mean about a 'normal' person not eating when they aren't hungry. Its so hard though to get out of the conditioning that its a meal time and realise you don't need anything. Half the time I don't even really think about listening to how hungry I am, I just know its lunch or tea time and get my next meal! x

Happy friday eve hun!

Check this.... tuna mooli, lowest cals - highest syns! 6.5 for the pack. BUT I think thats purely because of the miso sauce/dressing thing. Which I didn't rate. And didn't really touch because I didn't. The beef is superb in comparison. Pork one is only 2 syns as well but i've not tried that one.

Have a lovely day sweetie xx

Happy friday eve hun! Check this.... tuna mooli, lowest cals - highest syns! 6.5 for the pack. BUT I think thats purely because of the miso sauce/dressing thing. Which I didn't rate. And didn't really touch because I didn't. The beef is superb in comparison. Pork one is only 2 syns as well but i've not tried that one. Have a lovely day sweetie xx

Thats stoopid!! I will stick to beef or pork, I might purchase some for hunger time (4-5pm weekdays for me!)

Have a gorge day too sugar xx

Wednesday 9th April

She is not happy with my tightened muscles and doesn't want me to go to the gym for a few more weeks (YIPPPPPEEEEE....I mean BOOOOO, sad face etc) I have asked if I can go swimming, which she said I could. So I am going to endeavour to go tomorrow morning.

This really made me laugh!

Thursday 10th

So yesterday was a mixed bag of emotions, pay day (yay), appraisal (meh), hours massage (yay and ouch), pension talk (erm? I am going to be HOW poor when I am 65?) then home to a lovely man and a lovely curry - I also ate two bags of crisps and remained on plan!!!!

Foods yesterday;

B - Egg with spinach in a roll (HEB) + (1.5) for butter

image-2493923350.jpg

S - Apple

L - Feta (HEA), Olive Sweet Potato Salad

image-4202837577.jpg

S - Popcorn (2.5) and Pops (4) and French Fries (4.5) - I couldn't decide between the two so I had both!!!!

image-3852129877.jpg

D - Caribbean Beef Curry with rice and broccoli (2) for a wee bit of oil in the cuzza

image-3802901282.jpg

S - Orange

Syns - 14.5

Last edited:
Thursday 10th

So yesterday was a mixed bag of emotions, pay day (yay), appraisal (meh), hours massage (yay and ouch), pension talk (erm? I am going to be HOW poor when I am 65?) then home to a lovely man and a lovely curry - I also ate two bags of crisps and remained on plan!!!!

Foods yesterday;

B - Egg with spinach in a roll (HEB) + (1.5) for butter

View attachment 132980

S - Apple

L - Feta (HEA), Olive Sweet Potato Salad

View attachment 132982

S - Popcorn (2.5) and Pops (4) and French Fries (4.5) - I couldn't decide between the two so I had both!!!!

View attachment 132983

D - Caribbean Beef Curry with rice and broccoli (2) for a wee bit of oil in the cuzza

View attachment 132984

S - Orange

Syns - 14.5

Ooooooh recipe for the curry if you don't mine pretty please

Ooooooh recipe for the curry if you don't mine pretty please

Ah, this is one of my old trusty recipes, which I have changed up a few times, I posted the recipe on here a couple of years ago, using chicken, but i had beef this time, you can obviously mix up and swap the veg for whatever you like, but the spices and herbs should stay for the authentic taste. I know there are loads of spices, but once you have them they last you for ages, plus I am so much more adventurous, I add all sorts of spices to my roast dinners and spag bols, it makes for a unique taste to things, try a couple of tsps of mild curry powder in your spag bol - it sounds awful but its really mellow. . I would like to take the credit but my man is the one who got me on all these spices (his West Indian background). So here is the recipe:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/296472-caribbean-chicken-stew.html

Enjoy

x

I feel you about the pension thing. The way mine is going I'll be getting less out per month than I'm currently putting in...would be better off shoving it into a mattress - also it's all so BORING.

I feel you about the pension thing. The way mine is going I'll be getting less out per month than I'm currently putting in...would be better off shoving it into a mattress - also it's all so BORING.

I know, its boring and also quite frightening too. I don't want to be a Pensioner who struggles to pay a fuel bill, I want to be able to enjoy retirement. The idea is to try and do something about my debts first, then mortgage, then pension - I need to get my credit card and catalogue bills down and my overdraft, then I want to pay off the loan I have against my mortgage, then I will think about Pension. I have 25 years in which to sort my sh!t out!!

Back