CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Woohooooo to the 2lb off! Maybe that's the 2lb I put on lol. Really well done. Don't say it isn't deserved Missy! You need to take these things and run with them.

I was gonna say tell me more about lamb shank madras? I am a madras girl though and through. Mmmmmmmm.

Also love pork mince burgers. Don't like beef mince but love the pork mince. We're gonna have a crack at pork and apple burgers soon too :) wonder if you can make chilli from pork mince? Hmmmm?

*Runs off to look it up*

You can really tell you're in a happy mood today from your post. Good on you for forward planning 3 days of being on plan :) xx

Well done on the loss. Found planned sounds yummy. Never known anyone take a sausage sandwich to the cinema lol xx

I know! I am a total trendsetter! I am such a popcorn muching addict at the cinema, so I need something substantial to take my mind off Mick chowing down on a large sweet bucket next to me (the *******o!) what better than a pig roll!?! I may take some poppy with me, but it will be a controlled amount. I bought some Walkers Sensation Sweet Chilli Popcorn and the bag remains unopened, I will allow myself a portion of it, but I am going to eat my roll and grapes first and only have it if I need it.

Just catching up on here...fab news on the loss...well done!! :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks a lot Missy! xx

Yay!! Well done on a fabaroo loss babes!! Take it and enjoy!

As for your super impressive weekend plans - you have everything covered. Lamb shank madras... tell me more??

Loved your 'mick out yay! I mean boo' thats so me when lee is out! I love him and all but a day or evening alone is awesome. He is working bank holiday fri and mon... shame! :D

Hope your Friday flies by! Xxx

Ah cheers Minks, I am indeed going to take it - I am surprised, espesh is it is * week, but then again, I have said this before, I usually have a post- * week, the week AFTER my periods are my heavy weeks - not sure why.

I know, I love having the flat to myself for the day / evening. But I do miss him if he is gone too long! It just enables me to do stuff - when he is there I am destined to sit and watch films or tv, because I want to - but if he isn't around I tend to potter, which means things get cleaned and I cook more.

Lamb Shank Madras, this featured on Saturday Kitchen a few weeks ago and it has been on my mind ever since!

BBC - Food - Recipes : Lamb madras with coriander and mint rice and flatbreads

I am going to walk down to Brick Lane at lunch to get some curry leaves (hopefully!)

Woohooooo to the 2lb off! Maybe that's the 2lb I put on lol. Really well done. Don't say it isn't deserved Missy! You need to take these things and run with them.

I was gonna say tell me more about lamb shank madras? I am a madras girl though and through. Mmmmmmmm.

Also love pork mince burgers. Don't like beef mince but love the pork mince. We're gonna have a crack at pork and apple burgers soon too :) wonder if you can make chilli from pork mince? Hmmmm?

*Runs off to look it up*

You can really tell you're in a happy mood today from your post. Good on you for forward planning 3 days of being on plan :) xx

Thanks lovey I have just posted the recipe for Minks. Take it, it looks the nuts! Oh yeah you can make chilli from pork mince, most definitely. Whats wrong with beef mince though? I love it man! Don't you DO regular beef burgers?

Is pork mince syn free? I cannee remember.

I am in a happy mood, I feel a little spurred on by this, maybe its harsh of me to say it is un-deserved, but I am defo lucky and I don't want to try and get away with another mediocre, only on plan 4 days, week.

Must dash, I am off to Brick Lane Supermarket for my curry leaves! Its quite a way, so good body magic!

Congratulations on your brilliant loss! Well done...watch out for that cherry and yoghurt pudding, mind, it's v addictive! ;)

Yippeeeeeeeee, fab result on the loss, well done xx

Congratulations on your brilliant loss! Well done...watch out for that cherry and yoghurt pudding, mind, it's v addictive! ;)

Yippeeeeeeeee, fab result on the loss, well done xx

Thanks Ladies, I am really chuffed with myself.

Yes, that black cherry pud is SOOOOO amazing! I need to get me some syn free greek yog to make it lower syn, I do love Total 2% though....

Is the 0% syn free I like total yogurt but it can be expensive x

It IS expensive, but it is the nicest. I used to have 0%, but I much prefer 2%, I will go back to the syn free stuff but it takes a little getting used to, nowhere near as creamy!!!

Ok so my 'popping down to brick lane for some curry leaves' turns into a bit of a shopping spree!! I love unusual supermarkets, you know like when you go to Spain or somewhere and the supermarkets are so much more exciting than ours!!!! I am the same in Barbados, I just wander round the aisles in wonder at all the different brands and goodies!!!! So here's what I got:

image-607273884.jpg

That's fresh curry leaves, bay leaves, garlic powder, tamarind concentrate and black mustard seeds

image-1702457914.jpg

That's cinnamon snap type biscuits, which work out 3 syns for 2 bickies, in the name of research I had to try them, they are delicious, but because it was a scientific experiment, it doesn't count....right? The cassava crisps I had never tried either so I tried them and they aren't very nice, the flavour is very weak and I am a bit meh about them, they are roughly the same cals as a bag of crisps, so a fail there. The tea I am going to try this arvo, I am hopeful it will be a winner.... And

image-1065247352.jpg

They were only £1 for four packs.... I wonder if someone could possibly work out the syns for me on these?? I would be most grateful, here's the nutritional info

image-1445164900.jpg

The serving is 85g - let me know if you can't see the info and I will write it down

Thanks muchly xxx

I have lots of cuzza leaves now (my recipe only calls for 12!) so I think I might make a huge curry sauce batch and freeze portions in bags, it would be good as a mid week thing to pour over whatever meat or fish you want! I am going to get my curry ON this weekend

Are they ko lee noodles charley? X

Are they Ko Lee noodles charley? X

Are they ko lee noodles charley? X

Hey there hun! Long time no speak, how are you doing?

They are indeed Ko Lee, are they on the site already then? I figured they were too unknown to be branded.

I'm great thanks hun. I've been following your diary just not posted much lately. You ok? Just had a look on the app and the curry ones are 3 syns on ee or green for 100g made up or 8.5 on original. The other flavour wasn't listed but I will have a look online for you x

Ooooh the muller Greek yogs are nice. They do a cherry one? Syn free (or 0.5?)

Or check out the Danio or ummmm trying to remember their name... Chobani are both gorgeous this Greek yoghurts with fruit underlay. Love them! All have syns 1.5-2 normally but they are totes worth it. Although the passion fruit ones are a bit meh cos of the hard seeds! X

Ooooh the muller Greek yogs are nice. They do a cherry one? Syn free (or 0.5?)

Or check out the Danio or ummmm trying to remember their name... Chobani are both gorgeous this Greek yoghurts with fruit underlay. Love them! All have syns 1.5-2 normally but they are totes worth it. Although the passion fruit ones are a bit meh cos of the hard seeds! X

Yeah, I don't mind the small flavoured tubs, but I like a bit of plain and adding my own honey or fruit. I really like Total 2% which I can only find in Waitrose now, but as SugarFairy said it is quite cherching. I might go for Tescos own fat free greek yog, I guess once its got fruit and honey on it, you won't taste the fat free bitterness.

I am with you on the passion fruit ones tho!

hmmmmmmm, your purchases look yum, I want to try the Tea & cinnamon crisps!

A big thumbs up for both. The tea is really lovely, if you like the Chai from Twinings, you will love this one, its a bit stronger. The Cinnamon crisp things are also lovely, really crunchy and satisfying, its hard to stop at 2! They remind me of a biscuit I used to have when I visited my friend in Spain, I have only ever seen them there, they are really thin and sugary so you just keep popping them in!

Wohooooooo0000! So chuffed for you hun, well done on your fabby loss! All the more awesome too when you didn't expect it. Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

Back