CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Congratulations darling! So happy for you! Made me cry a little bit reading about the proposal (sorry a bit of a sap) xx

OH MA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

You are engaged tooooooo!!!!!! So so exciting, I feel like I want to vomit!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while for us we've just set the date so no new ring and proposal story to get excited about now but all the planning stuff is just as exciting. I'm loving boring everyone with all the details and they're all still pretending to care god love them haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Friday 2 May

Hi All

I am back, officially, today...kinda. I weighed in and gain a pound, which I am absolutely fine with, in fact I am glad it wasn't more.

I need to start knuckling down. Now that the wedding is booked! YAY!!!! 28th October 2015 which is sooooo far away, but will sneak up on me like the extra 8 stones of weight did!

I want to start afresh today, but as usual, my social life will plague it somewhat, I will try and be good this weekend, but I am eating out at a Fish and Chip restaurant tomorrow night and at a lovely golf club on Sunday for my mum's birthday. I will keep chanting "make good choices" over and over and see how I get on.

Today is such a good day because I am leaving work at 3pm!!!!! I love an early finish. Nothing planned, other than collecting my Tesco click and collect, popping to Sainsbos for my BGTY sausages, LMc ROAR sausages and frozen black cherries, and then to Asda for chickpea dhal, savoury rice (Dahl Loaf), green lentils (Lentil and Mushroom Loaf!) and something else, that I can't remember at the moment!

Foodwise:

B - 2 LMc ROARs and a boiled egg (.5) for katsup.

L - Tuna and Sweetcorn Mayo Jacket Spud, with HEA cheese + 6 (I had two portions of regular cheese) and salad

D - Bacon Cheese Burger, Chips and Salad (HEB) for bun, whatever the cheese slices are (will fill in later) and (4) for sauces (more katsup, chilli sauce)

Dessert - Black Cherries with FF greek yogurt and a meringue nest (THAT'S IT, THATS THE OTHER THING I NEED TO GO TO ASDA FOR!) (3)

Probs will be over, because I wasn't planning on having the 2 HEAs (which was leftover in my fridge at work from earlier in the week and wanted to use it up), but I won't be over by much

Goodness Charley, you really are Miss Motivated! 3 different supermarkets on a Friday afternoon?? Don't know how you do it! xx

Evening hun!

Is supermarket sweep over now?! Phew I got tired just reading that lot, and my brain would explode if I actually had to do it!

Boo to the gain, but really it's minimal and nothing to worry about.

I know we haven't mentioned the third party in our relationship recently (the OTHER forums), but if you're not going to share juicy details with us, then I think you'll have to make a decision. Them or us??

Tell us ALLLLLLLL about it!! xx

Hellooooo???

Look if this is still going on, and you're still visiting THEM, then I'm afraid you and I don't have a future :'( xx

Tuesday 6 May

Sorry all I have been AWOL, yes lots of wedding prep - date tick, venue tick, dress tick, invites tick, cash to pay for it all ....no tick!!!!

I will be trying to get back into being on minis, I feel guilty that I haven't visited many diaries recently, much less writing on my own!!!

So yesterday I was on plan:

Monday - red day

Brunch - 2 'pizza' wraps (HEA and HEB) + (2) for sausage and tiny bit of chilli sauce

image-2192770539.jpg

S - Apple and orange

D - Half chicken and salad (5) for various sauces

image-3459353409.jpg

S - Orange

Stunning food day! I did drink quite a bit of red wine tho, which because I am on a red day, I am not counting !!

I promise to catch up over the week and keep my diary up to date!!

Xxx

Hiya just subscribed to your diary.
Wow you have done loads in a very short time to get all that sorted. I can't believe you've got a venue & dress already!
You're a whirlwind! :superwoman:

Hiya just subscribed to your diary. Wow you have done loads in a very short time to get all that sorted. I can't believe you've got a venue & dress already! You're a whirlwind! :superwoman:

Cheers!!! I don't play! I like things sorted from the off with minimum fuss!

To be brutally honest re the wedding dress - I knew would be a total ball ache - especially for me. I have always been big and a difficult shape so clothes shopping has never been a joyous occasion and I am more of a 'if it fits and I don't look like a sack of sh!te then I will have it' type of person. So I have never been one to shop around. The dress is very simple and basic and fortunately cheap. We went to a really nice old fashioned wedding dress shop where they were really helpful and friendly and I knew I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I am obviously hoping to lose lots of weight between now and next October, but I am reliably informed that good tailors can make a size 32 into a size 8 if needs be....not that I am a 32 and not that I would ever make it to a size but I feel comfortably knowing that any weight I lose it means they can do wonders with the dress and make it fit whatever size I am.

As for the venue, because it is in Barbados we wanted to give family as much notice as possible to be able to save, hence booking it so far in advance...I now, happily don't need to think about much for a while!!

X

Babes... I can't believe how sorted it all is! Wanna do my wedding planning?! I've found the dress but no venue, no date, no nothing! Ahhh I'll just wing it :D xxx

Ooh thanks but no thanks hun. I hate organising things, this has been so un-stressful yet still I have found time to stress. Fortunately Mick has been as keen as me and has been great and interested etc. we have even done our invites and RSVPs!!! They should be delivered next week. It's all been on the cheap so far, just the actual holiday and wedding to pay for!!!

You have your dress? Nice one! Where are you thinking venue wise? Wasn't you saying to me about a pub somewhere in the country? I loved that idea.

Oh yeah, those wraps are the way to go! They aren't much as an actual wrap, but as a pizza they rule!!

Xx

Tuesday's food

B - Egg Spinach and salad cream (1) in a bfree wrap (HEB) - not a fan of the cardboard tasting wrap as a wrap, they are much better as a pizza base! I will have to think of more things to do with these bad boys

image-1023466126.jpg

Snack - Apple

L - Chickpea dhal loaf and salad (2) for chilli sauce

I forgot to get a pic of this but boy oh boy it was amazing!!!

Snack - Grapes, Hi Fi Bar (HEB), popcorn (2.5)

D - Mac Cheese and salad (HEA x1.5) (2) for chilli sauce

image-892970631.jpg

Snacks - 2x oranges

Syns - 7.5

What did you think of the quorn peppered steaks? I agree on the wraps on their own...bleurgh! Lol x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not too bad, they were nice with a bit of coleslaw and mac n cheese on my fork! On it's own was a little strange...I guess Quorn is something you just have to get used to the taste of. I love their nuggets but everything else is meh...

I can't eat them on their own either lol... You're right, it can be strange, either taste or texture but accompanied with stuff, they def do the job for me at times :) x

I also agree that the wraps are pretty mank unless as a pizza.
Quorn stuff I've got better at. I remember one time at a BBQ at my mums, first year I started sw actually and I got the emmental burgers? Half way through all I could think was "this is fungus and mushrooms" and proceeded to heave. This was before I liked mushrooms.

Bizarre. And what a waffle. Soz char!
Happy hump day! Xx

i really like the beef style burgers with sweet red onion (from the chilled section) which are syn free....love them on a roll with cheese and all the usual burger trimmings, but if i happen to bite a bit on their own, with nothing else....hmmmm lol

what are we like eh! :giggle: x

Back