CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Great loss, your new plan is obviously working :)

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, I am well chuffed!!!!

Xxx

Oh Charley! I just caught up on your thread - congratulations!!!!! That is such amazing news - and you are so organised already! So pleased for you! And 4lbs off - carry on like this and that size 8 figure might not be too far away :)

4lbs??? You go girl!! That's amazing, Charley :D Well done!x

Tuesday 20th

Hi all, I haven't posted for a few days. I was pretty off plan over the weekend, two BBQs which in themselves weren't too bad, but I did a fair bit of drinking and had a few naughties at dinner, I was good for the rest of my meals, but BBQs are my nemesis.

I was on plan 100% yesterday and am on it today.

I have ordered the Focus T25 workout dvds - has anybody heard of it? I was up early on Sunday morning and turned on the TV and an infomercial was on for it. Its by the makers of Insanity, but its a 10 week workout plan, 5 days a week at only 25 mins a time. It also has a moderator for those of you who aren't quite at the fitness level they should be (i.e. ME!)... so it should be with me by the end of this week and I will begin in earnest on Monday morning.

We are away for the weekend at a wedding, which I am really looking forward to. Back on Sunday.

I am not sure what to do eating-wise while I am doing this T25 thing, they have a fast track 5 days diet, but I am not sure I will do this, or just stick to my tried and trusted SW.

I am nervous that I have committed to this, especially with my ongoing aches and pains - but I will give it a go.

xxx

Glad your back. Have been wondering if you were alright.

I'm with ya on the BBQ thing. Currently googling 'amazing things to do on a BBQ'

Xx

Love a good BBQ!

Fitness thing sounds................

Well it sounds ok if that's your sort of thing (bleurgh!).

Where's the wedding? You got a pretty frock to wear? xx

Glad your back. Have been wondering if you were alright.

I'm with ya on the BBQ thing. Currently googling 'amazing things to do on a BBQ'

Xx

You can't beat a good bit of halloumi on a skewer, oh and some veg too.

Love a good BBQ!

Fitness thing sounds................

Well it sounds ok if that's your sort of thing (bleurgh!).

Where's the wedding? You got a pretty frock to wear? xx

Yeah, exercise is totally NOT my thing, but I think I need it in my life to succeed. I am going to look upon it as something I have to do before I go to work Monday to Friday - Get up, wee, work out, shower, eat, get dressed.

Yes, the wedding plans are coming along great guns - I am quite a keen organiser, not so much because I enjoy it (although I am totally loving this!) , more that I like to be well prepared in advance of anything I do - possibly extension of my job....as I always say to Mick "preparation is key" - that doesn't annoy him...much!

Dress? I have it. Its nothing special. I know its supposed to be the most special dress a girl will wear in her life but because of the location I wanted, or rather, needed something very light and airy - I was dreading the dress part of it all, and I really didn't want to shop around and be disappointed or worked up that I looked hideous in everything, so I opted for the second dress I tried on! Its really a bridesmaid dress (shh...don't tell anyone!) all the wedding dresses were so heavy. I wanted simple, and I have it. I have not showed many people the design, and I am going to make some changes to give it some juzz! Just think of it in ivory, with perhaps some grecian sleeves and the bling I am getting changed to gold ...

d.jpge.jpg

Date is 28th October 2015
Venue is Seabreeze Hotel, Barbados Sea Breeze

I am so excited about it all, I have been looking at hairstyles, I want a Grecian-y feel, but something I can do myself... and I have been looking at putting together some favours on the cheap. . Invites have gone out, I am hopeful that we will have between 35 and 40 guests!

So as you can see, Minis has been on the backburner for a while, I have been so busy planning.

All I really need to do is pay for it all and lose a cr!p load of weight.

Hey Charley, just popping by to subscribe. Congratulations on your massive loss last week and also on all the wedding plans! I'm getting married the day after you and I haven't even looked at dresses yet! I do have the venue and photographer booked, and we have a band that we like but that's about it! Maybe I need to get a move on. Oh and it's also nice to see a fellow person from Grays on here! I moved to Guildford a couple of years ago but I'm back all the time to see my parents.

ETA: Your venue looks stunning! My best friend wants to get married abroad so I might suggest she has a look at Barbados!

Hey Charley, just popping by to subscribe. Congratulations on your massive loss last week and also on all the wedding plans! I'm getting married the day after you and I haven't even looked at dresses yet! I do have the venue and photographer booked, and we have a band that we like but that's about it! Maybe I need to get a move on. Oh and it's also nice to see a fellow person from Grays on here! I moved to Guildford a couple of years ago but I'm back all the time to see my parents.

ETA: Your venue looks stunning! My best friend wants to get married abroad so I might suggest she has a look at Barbados!

HELLO!!!! My god what a coincidence, getting married the day after me AND being from Grays! How's that for exciting! (it doesn't take much to excite me!) So tell me, where did you live when you lived in Grays? What age are you? What school did you go to? I need to know it all!!!!!!

The reason why i am SOOOO organised is because we needed to get a date way in advance for everyone to be able to afford to come to Barbs - the rest, as I mentioned, is because I like things prepared in advance and the dress is purely to get it over and done with - sadly I am not a clothes horse and this part of the wedding is my least favourite part, so I wanted to get it over and done with.

HELLO!!!! My god what a coincidence, getting married the day after me AND being from Grays! How's that for exciting! (it doesn't take much to excite me!) So tell me, where did you live when you lived in Grays? What age are you? What school did you go to? I need to know it all!!!!!!

The reason why i am SOOOO organised is because we needed to get a date way in advance for everyone to be able to afford to come to Barbs - the rest, as I mentioned, is because I like things prepared in advance and the dress is purely to get it over and done with - sadly I am not a clothes horse and this part of the wedding is my least favourite part, so I wanted to get it over and done with.

I know what you mean, it is rather exciting! I used to live in Stanford and then we moved to Chafford Hundred when I was 4 and then moved from there to near Blackshots when I was 14. I'm 27 now and went to Stifford Clays primary and then to the Convent. After that I went over to Dartford for college. My future husband is also from Grays but he ended up moving to Surrey for work and then I followed a few years later. I think you need to answer the same questions now!

That's nice of you to think about your guests like that; I was invited to a wedding in Mexico 4 months before the actual date and obviously couldn't afford any of the flights or accommodation that were left!

Beautiful dress, perfect for a beach wedding :)

awww it all looks lovely :) how exciting missy....like...uber exciting! lol x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah thanks hun, I am super excited!!! Xx

I know what you mean, it is rather exciting! I used to live in Stanford and then we moved to Chafford Hundred when I was 4 and then moved from there to near Blackshots when I was 14. I'm 27 now and went to Stifford Clays primary and then to the Convent. After that I went over to Dartford for college. My future husband is also from Grays but he ended up moving to Surrey for work and then I followed a few years later. I think you need to answer the same questions now! That's nice of you to think about your guests like that; I was invited to a wedding in Mexico 4 months before the actual date and obviously couldn't afford any of the flights or accommodation that were left!

Wowsers!!! So close. I am 38 in July, so older than you. I lived in chadwell until I was 15, then moved to Ward Avenue in Grays, I am now in Hathaway Road! I went to Torells, which is no longer there!! I don't really know anyone of your age.

Wow, 4 months before the date???? It sounds like they didn't want anyone to come if that's their attitude!! Who can come up with that sort of dosh in that space of time???

So where will you be getting wed then?

Xx

Ahh thanks Michelle, Zapps, Hends and Mrs S! I have been wanting to tell people about my dress, but I was a bit, I don't know, concerned / embarrassed / dubious - about it...maybe cos it's so cheap or maybe because I have gone for the first thing I have seen, or cos it's not very wedding dressified - maybes I was having second thoughts about it - but I showed a couple of girls at work and they said the same as you, and I know it's the right dress for me because it is so light and perfect for the heat. Plus - I can't wear tight things, I feel too constricted - this was the original dress that I liked but it would be too restrictive on top - I would have felt unable to breathe I think.

View attachment 139129

Anyhoo, I guess I am just thinking I was a bit rash - I will find out in September when it comes in, I will be able to see it in ivory, and hopefully it will seem more wedding-y then....

Back