CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Also glad you're back. Well done on all the exercise!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Charley, glad you're back! I've just had a big read through your diary today over the past couple of months to catch up on everything I've missed. First of all I love your wedding dress, it's so classic and pretty, I bet it'll look gorgeous on you and be lovely and light too. I'm nowhere near finding a dress yet, you're so organised. Like you say though I guess you have to be when your wedding is in Barbados! The resort looked amazing btw, bet you can't wait!

Well done on all that jogging at the weekend, I'm doing C25k and on week 2 at the minute, there's no way I could jog for 7-10 mins or so though, after 2 minutes I'm absolute shattered! Keep it up with T25, it sounds really hard but it'll be worth it. Takes some real motivation to get up and do it first thing in the morning, there's no way I could do that!

Food for today sounds great, have a fab week! :) xxx

Yay nice to see you back posting again as you always have yummy food, and it will help keep you on track xx

Good to have you back. Looking forward to hearing more wedding updates :)
Well done on keeping up with T25, it sounds like a really challenging programme. How many weeks is it in total?

Glad your back!

I would say the amount of jogging you did was bloody marvellous girl! I guess that your fitness DVD still being hard is cos they want you to be challenged? If you weren't then it wouldn't be worth it. I think very well done. You should have a easier up too cos exercise makes your body change shape xx

Thanks hun. Yeah I was really surprised at the amount of jogging i did. It was a very light paced run. Soft impact on my ankle. To be honest I could have probably walked faster!!!!! The DVD's are difficult -they are the same 5 workouts which he mixes up every week so - but they are not easier yet. Perhaps I need to give it a bit longer. I also want to punch the moderators face in! She is so bloody smiley and perfect!!

You are going great guns with the wedding arranging hun - its hard to stop thinking of things once you started eh?! I have come to a natural halt on proceedings, not much to do for months now, just save save save!!!!!

xxx

Also glad you're back. Well done on all the exercise!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hun - i will have buns of steel before I know it - they are currently made of saturated fat!!!

Hey Charley, glad you're back! I've just had a big read through your diary today over the past couple of months to catch up on everything I've missed. First of all I love your wedding dress, it's so classic and pretty, I bet it'll look gorgeous on you and be lovely and light too. I'm nowhere near finding a dress yet, you're so organised. Like you say though I guess you have to be when your wedding is in Barbados! The resort looked amazing btw, bet you can't wait!

Well done on all that jogging at the weekend, I'm doing C25k and on week 2 at the minute, there's no way I could jog for 7-10 mins or so though, after 2 minutes I'm absolute shattered! Keep it up with T25, it sounds really hard but it'll be worth it. Takes some real motivation to get up and do it first thing in the morning, there's no way I could do that!

Food for today sounds great, have a fab week! :) xxx

Hey gorgeous! Your new avatar pic is soo lovely!!!!!!! Get you and yo bad self. I have been catching up on yours too, seems like the past few days have gone back to perfect SW-ing once more! well done for getting back on the Horse!

Thank you for saying that about the dress. I am really umming and ahh-ing about it. I have decided to change the small detailing to have either a wedding sash or some pearlised detailing - I now have my tiara, hair clip and earrings so i know what type of bling i want on the dress,something which matches the hair accessories.

I tried C25k before, but my ankle wouldn't let me do it. I might try it again, but I dont want to commit to something else along with T25 - I will end up hurting myself or just plain burning myself out - I surprised myself on Sat by getting up early and going for a jog in (almost) public. I was always too ashamed to go outside and workout. I remember once I decided to get kitted out and go for a long walk and a couple of times whilst i was walking i got beeped andblokes shouted out the windows at me - I was horrified and upset and never did anything outdoors after that - it scarred me. I guess while I have a thick body, I dont have a thick skin. I remember telling my brother and he said "whenever I see someone trying to get fit in the streets, I think "go on mate" " I guess not everyone is as lovely as my big bro! Anyhoo, I have digressed, do you do your jogging outside or inside?

Yay nice to see you back posting again as you always have yummy food, and it will help keep you on track xx
t

Thanks Michelle - it certainly does help. I was going to eat something sweet after tea, but instead I had a couple of spoonfuls of chilli that Mick made for tea in the week! Sorted! xxx

Good to have you back. Looking forward to hearing more wedding updates :)
Well done on keeping up with T25, it sounds like a really challenging programme. How many weeks is it in total?

Thanks Zap. Not much more news on the wedding front, all I can do now is done. We are just finalising prices from the hotel who are unsurprisingly trying to add all sorts of things onto our balance! I keep trying to remind myself that although the holiday part of it (hotel, all inclusive, flight and3 weeks accommodation) is separate to the actual wedding costs. So I need to stop being so tight. Mind you, we have cut back literally everywhere that we can to pay for it all without getting into debt. It means us saving at least £500 EACH per month! Which is a hell of a lot of money, I have put myself on the over time rota at work (which I HATE) and we have cut back on food shopping and lunches and going out, no more birthday pressies...its only for a year or so! Thankfully we have a very low mortgage so we are doing pretty good at the moment. Although I do keep buying odds and ends on Mr Credit Card!!!!

Focus T25 IS a real challenge for me, but one that I have more or less stuck too which is a real feat for me. I start week 3 tomorrow. Its two lots of DVDs, one set being Alpha and one set being Beta. So for 5 weeks you do Alpha, and then then next 5 weeks is Beta (I am still on Alpha and struggling, I cant imagine what Beta must be like!!!!) So 10 weeks in all. I haven't noticed much change in my weight and only an inch or so loss. . I will keep trying tho!!

Thanks Zap. Not much more news on the wedding front, all I can do now is done. We are just finalising prices from the hotel who are unsurprisingly trying to add all sorts of things onto our balance! I keep trying to remind myself that although the holiday part of it (hotel, all inclusive, flight and3 weeks accommodation) is separate to the actual wedding costs. So I need to stop being so tight. Mind you, we have cut back literally everywhere that we can to pay for it all without getting into debt. It means us saving at least £500 EACH per month! Which is a hell of a lot of money, I have put myself on the over time rota at work (which I HATE) and we have cut back on food shopping and lunches and going out, no more birthday pressies...its only for a year or so! Thankfully we have a very low mortgage so we are doing pretty good at the moment. Although I do keep buying odds and ends on Mr Credit Card!!!!

Focus T25 IS a real challenge for me, but one that I have more or less stuck too which is a real feat for me. I start week 3 tomorrow. Its two lots of DVDs, one set being Alpha and one set being Beta. So for 5 weeks you do Alpha, and then then next 5 weeks is Beta (I am still on Alpha and struggling, I cant imagine what Beta must be like!!!!) So 10 weeks in all. I haven't noticed much change in my weight and only an inch or so loss. . I will keep trying tho!!

An inch or two loss after just two weeks is fantastic! I've been going to gym for 2 months now. Since 18/4 I've lost 1.5 inches off my hips, 2 off my waist & 2 off my bust. So if you've got inch loss already you're going to see an amazing result at the end of the 10 weeks! :character00115:

Hey gorgeous! Your new avatar pic is soo lovely!!!!!!! Get you and yo bad self. I have been catching up on yours too, seems like the past few days have gone back to perfect SW-ing once more! well done for getting back on the Horse!

Thank you for saying that about the dress. I am really umming and ahh-ing about it. I have decided to change the small detailing to have either a wedding sash or some pearlised detailing - I now have my tiara, hair clip and earrings so i know what type of bling i want on the dress,something which matches the hair accessories.

I tried C25k before, but my ankle wouldn't let me do it. I might try it again, but I dont want to commit to something else along with T25 - I will end up hurting myself or just plain burning myself out - I surprised myself on Sat by getting up early and going for a jog in (almost) public. I was always too ashamed to go outside and workout. I remember once I decided to get kitted out and go for a long walk and a couple of times whilst i was walking i got beeped andblokes shouted out the windows at me - I was horrified and upset and never did anything outdoors after that - it scarred me. I guess while I have a thick body, I dont have a thick skin. I remember telling my brother and he said "whenever I see someone trying to get fit in the streets, I think "go on mate" " I guess not everyone is as lovely as my big bro! Anyhoo, I have digressed, do you do your jogging outside or inside?

Oh no, so sorry you had such a horrible experience when you were exercising outside! What utter morons! I'd feel exactly the same if that happened to me too so I don't blame ya. It takes so much courage for people to exercise outside and make their lives better, makes my blood boil when I think of ignorant idiots putting people down like that. I don't run outside for exactly the same reason, I've never had a bad experience while exercising in the past but I've walked down the street before at my biggest and had blokes shouting nasty comments at me. That completely put me off the outdoor exercise thing so I stick to the treadmill. My friend who is also a beginner at running has joined a local running club that run by the river, so I might give that a try next week and go with her. Can't be bothered if its raining though, its hard enough exercising without getting wet through!

Definitely look after your ankle and stick to T25, like you say ya don't want to bugger it up and not be able to do anything. Apart from aching the next day I'm bearing up better than expected with it so far, still only on week 2 though so running for 90 seconds tops at the minute.

You've still got loads of time to think about the dress and get it all customised so its perfect. Must be a big weight off your mind to have actually ordered it. I really can't decide with mine until nearer the time cos I'd love one of those 1950's strapless dresses that fall just below the knee. At the minute though I hate my bingo wings and have fat calves and ankles, so really need to see how I look in 6 months or so before making my decision. I'd hate to feel fat in my wedding dress after all the hard work!

Oh and thanks hun, this last week has made me realise how difficult it can be getting back on the SW horse again! The first few days I was wanting to eat everything in sight and seriously craving sugar! Hopefully now I'm settling down into a bit of a routine again, really want to get into the stone below this week and start getting some losses under my belt again. Hope you've had a good day anyway hun xxxx

An inch or two loss after just two weeks is fantastic! I've been going to gym for 2 months now. Since 18/4 I've lost 1.5 inches off my hips, 2 off my waist & 2 off my bust. So if you've got inch loss already you're going to see an amazing result at the end of the 10 weeks! :character00115:

Oh I guess it is pretty good then. I just put so much emphasis on what the scales say, which is not much at the moment. I just want the weight to drop off. The thing with me and SW is that I take it right to the limit of eating too much and have too many syns some days, sometimes I guess syns, sometimes over estimate but probably mainly I underestimate.. I guess I should try and take it back to basics.

I'm a bit rubbish with syns too as I guestimate all the time! However I've started limiting myself to 5 measured syns a day during the week and then I might be able to have the odd treat at the weekend and it won't make much of a difference. Just as long as those treats are not like a mcdonalds or something!

I think there's got to be something about the people of Grays, as when I used to run round blackshots I used to get comments, even from the other runners sometimes! Unless you're the size of a stick then you shouldn't be seen exercising in public according to them! Glad you're persevering with T25. I should probably do another workout tonight but according to the program it's an hour long intense arm one. Oh well at least it will help tone the bingo wings!

I'm a bit rubbish with syns too as I guestimate all the time! However I've started limiting myself to 5 measured syns a day during the week and then I might be able to have the odd treat at the weekend and it won't make much of a difference. Just as long as those treats are not like a mcdonalds or something!

I think there's got to be something about the people of Grays, as when I used to run round blackshots I used to get comments, even from the other runners sometimes! Unless you're the size of a stick then you shouldn't be seen exercising in public according to them! Glad you're persevering with T25. I should probably do another workout tonight but according to the program it's an hour long intense arm one. Oh well at least it will help tone the bingo wings!

Its funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about places I could drive to and run without incurring any roads etc, and thought of Blackshots! I will not bother going there then, even actual runners were mean??? That's crazy! Thats the one thing I like about gyms, people there are only interested in themselves and everyone minds their own business. I have just given up my gym membership with Bannatynes through work, I don't go enough and I can't justify the wasting of money a month which could go into our wedding fund - I am going to keep up with the DVDs and hopefully stay brave and run outside.

Its just small town mentality isn't it?

x

Oh no, so sorry you had such a horrible experience when you were exercising outside! What utter morons! I'd feel exactly the same if that happened to me too so I don't blame ya. It takes so much courage for people to exercise outside and make their lives better, makes my blood boil when I think of ignorant idiots putting people down like that. I don't run outside for exactly the same reason, I've never had a bad experience while exercising in the past but I've walked down the street before at my biggest and had blokes shouting nasty comments at me. That completely put me off the outdoor exercise thing so I stick to the treadmill. My friend who is also a beginner at running has joined a local running club that run by the river, so I might give that a try next week and go with her. Can't be bothered if its raining though, its hard enough exercising without getting wet through!

Definitely look after your ankle and stick to T25, like you say ya don't want to bugger it up and not be able to do anything. Apart from aching the next day I'm bearing up better than expected with it so far, still only on week 2 though so running for 90 seconds tops at the minute.

You've still got loads of time to think about the dress and get it all customised so its perfect. Must be a big weight off your mind to have actually ordered it. I really can't decide with mine until nearer the time cos I'd love one of those 1950's strapless dresses that fall just below the knee. At the minute though I hate my bingo wings and have fat calves and ankles, so really need to see how I look in 6 months or so before making my decision. I'd hate to feel fat in my wedding dress after all the hard work!

Oh and thanks hun, this last week has made me realise how difficult it can be getting back on the SW horse again! The first few days I was wanting to eat everything in sight and seriously craving sugar! Hopefully now I'm settling down into a bit of a routine again, really want to get into the stone below this week and start getting some losses under my belt again. Hope you've had a good day anyway hun xxxx

Yeah - people can be such insensitive a-holes when it comes to making fun of fat people. Through my teens and early 20s I appeared to be a constant source of entertainment whenever I went clubbing etc, I would always end up in the toilets crying because I would over hear some random k!ob head being mean - some would even blatantly say it to my face!

I think its why I am such a home body now. I don't like going out really, unless I am with Mick. I never used that sadness to empower me into losing weight, it did the opposite in fact because I have been and am now a lot bigger than I was back then!

I think a running club is a great idea. A friend of mine shed tons of weight by joining a running club. I would worry that I wouldn't be able to keep up - that I have this thing about needing the toilet all the time! I can never be too far away from a loo!!

I love the sound of your idea for your wedding dress! It sounds heavenly, especially with your gorgeous hour glass figure. You will get there and feel comfortable, of that I am 100% convinced. You have been so focused on your journey so far. Have you seen any pictures of the type of dress you want? Any you can share so I can have a nose?

xxxx

Lovely to have you back posting Hun x

Amazing effort on the exercise xx

Thanks hun x Yes the exercise is coming along ok, I DO hate it and I doubt I will ever enjoy it, but I am making myself do it (like brushing my teeth and making the bed!)

How are you doing?

xxx

Thanks hun x Yes the exercise is coming along ok, I DO hate it and I doubt I will ever enjoy it, but I am making myself do it (like brushing my teeth and making the bed!)

How are you doing?

xxx

I've just started belly dancing classes & it's fab, it's not easy, but not too strenuous either, but good fun!!!

Its funny, I was laying in bed last night thinking about places I could drive to and run without incurring any roads etc, and thought of Blackshots! I will not bother going there then, even actual runners were mean??? That's crazy! Thats the one thing I like about gyms, people there are only interested in themselves and everyone minds their own business. I have just given up my gym membership with Bannatynes through work, I don't go enough and I can't justify the wasting of money a month which could go into our wedding fund - I am going to keep up with the DVDs and hopefully stay brave and run outside.

Its just small town mentality isn't it?

x

It definitely is. This was a couple of years ago but it didn't help that there were the guys from the rugby club making comments when I jogged / walked (I was doing C25K) past their training ground and then there were people from Harrier's doing a little bit of cross country training and moaning that I was in their way. It's not like they couldn't have run through a different part of the fields!

If you want some other exercise things to do once you've finished T25, I highly recommend the fitness blender videos on Youtube. They're a husband and wife team who are qualified personal trainers and they film their own routines and upload them. You can pick random videos to do (of which there are many and they are so varied!) or you can pay less than £4 for an ebook that has a recommended program set out. Currently doing the 4 week low impact one, even though it's taken me longer than 4 weeks because I'm trying to fit it around my long hours at work, but I can see the difference it's making. Going to start the 8 week programs when I've finished this. Really not affiliated with them but they're just really good!

Yeah - people can be such insensitive a-holes when it comes to making fun of fat people. Through my teens and early 20s I appeared to be a constant source of entertainment whenever I went clubbing etc, I would always end up in the toilets crying because I would over hear some random k!ob head being mean - some would even blatantly say it to my face!

I think its why I am such a home body now. I don't like going out really, unless I am with Mick. I never used that sadness to empower me into losing weight, it did the opposite in fact because I have been and am now a lot bigger than I was back then!

I think a running club is a great idea. A friend of mine shed tons of weight by joining a running club. I would worry that I wouldn't be able to keep up - that I have this thing about needing the toilet all the time! I can never be too far away from a loo!!

I love the sound of your idea for your wedding dress! It sounds heavenly, especially with your gorgeous hour glass figure. You will get there and feel comfortable, of that I am 100% convinced. You have been so focused on your journey so far. Have you seen any pictures of the type of dress you want? Any you can share so I can have a nose?

xxxx

Hey hun, how ya getting on? Sorry i'm just getting back to ya, you know what its like sometimes, not enough hours in the day!

Sounds like we've had similar experiences in clubs and what not. It's just a horrible experience going out when you're bigger, I've had countless times where I've just cryed all night because of it. So many nights out ruined over a throwaway remark from an utter moron. Even the times no-one said anything I was constantly on edge in anticipation of it. Now I don't do clubs either, but to be fair I never really enjoyed them that much anyway. Will be interesting to see how things change when I'm at target, I can't see myself ever wanting to be a clubber again, but I bet the times I do go out I'll feel a lot less self conscious hopefully.

As for dresses this is the kind of thing I like.... Not sure what it'l look like on me but I saw it on a bride on the rocknroll bride site and loved it... What do you think?

betsydress.jpgbetseydresson.JPGbetseydresson2.JPG

I still haven't done the running club as pulled my hamstring, grr! It's 90% better now though so looking forward to getting back in the treadmill tomorow, I've proper got the running bug now!

Hope you're having a good week xxx

Back