CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Wow love the style of dress it's beautiful, have you thought of trying one on to see how it looks? x

Thanks Hun! The only problem I have with trying them on is that I've got 13 months till the wedding and another 5.5st to shift. I bet it'd look awful now as I have big calves and arms still, but hopefully if I stay on track I'll be at target by then. It's just annoying as I'm not sure what I'll look like then and what will suit my new shape. Was thinking about waiting until jan/feb time and then I've got 6/7 months, would still probably need alterations though - arghh! Xx

Thanks Hun! The only problem I have with trying them on is that I've got 13 months till the wedding and another 5.5st to shift. I bet it'd look awful now as I have big calves and arms still, but hopefully if I stay on track I'll be at target by then. It's just annoying as I'm not sure what I'll look like then and what will suit my new shape. Was thinking about waiting until jan/feb time and then I've got 6/7 months, would still probably need alterations though - arghh! Xx

Oh no I'd try on now, honestly those styles suit larger frames, well I think so anyhow, there is no need to buy now :D

I love that style I was googling more earlier and they are lush. I'd reckon you'd look lovely as you have a great waist plus the red one would suit your hair xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all

I am a nightmare and keeping up to date on this thing lately! Sorry for the late responses - Bev, those type of wedding dresses would suit you to an absolute T!!! Beautiful.

Ruby - thanks for the idea of You tubing exercises - I will most definitely check out fitness blender, I have You Tube on my TV - so that would work.

I have been doing ok on the losing weight front, doing really well on the T25 front.

I have just completely Week 4 - and it doesn't get much easier!!! I have one more week to go before I move onto the next stage - I am currently doing Alpha, and the next stage is, unsurprisingly Beta - which I am nervous about because I still struggle with this stage!

To be honest I was expecting the weight to fall off me, doing 25 mins of intense training 5-6 times a week, but it really hasn't! I have steadily lost 1lb a week, which I know is good, but its no cigar for the amount of work I am putting in - am I 100% with SW? No, but I am no slouch either, I am being good - I am more healthy eating than SW at the moment to be honest.

Ah well, slowly slowly catchy monkey - I feel fitter. I am attempting my third weekend of jogging - I have been doing ok with it actually - tomorrow I will be jogging along the sea wall, not actually on it, but next to it!!!!

Whats happening to me? I am turning into an Olympian!!!!!

x

Sounds like you are doing great with the exercise. With all the toning you're doing you're going to lose loads of inches as well as pounds. I'm sure it will be worth it :)

How you doing chick? xx

Hi Hun

I am still around - I haven't been posting much at all, in a real cant be a"sed frame of mind at the minute. I had been doing well with the exercising and slow weight loss, except for the last week where the exercising stopped and the last couple of days the eating has been BAAAAD!

Its my birthday on Saturday and I know Friday Saturday and Sunday are going to be baaaad - so Monday it will start in earnest!

How are you doing?

xxx

Hi Charley,

I know you're missing, i'm missing your posts :-/

Shame about the exercise but it was pretty intense and you can get back into it? When you're ready.

I'm ok thanks. Finding it hard to stick to plan as finding curries and cheddar ploughmans too nice!

Same old, same old.

Hope you come back soon xxx

Hey Charley!
Wow- you're getting married in Barbados :D Awesome! I love Barbados!! I used to go there a lot as a kid as my dad's company is a Caribbean travel agency and so my grandma has a place out there in Rockley on the south coast... Such a great island!! Fantastic energy there and the locals are second to none!
Where abouts will your wedding be?

I love the dress you've chosen! So classy and elegant- I really think 'less is more' with wedding dresses and yours is totally the kind I'd go for too, great pick and can't wait to see it on you :)

Fantastic that you're so into exercise at the moment- you go girl!! x

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D hope you have a fantastic day and eat/drink loads of syns because it's one of those few days in the year where you're totally allowed ;)
x

Happy Birthday Charley :birthday:

Still partying? ;) come baaaack! x

Monday 21 July 2014

Hello, my name is Charlotte Smith and I am a big fat failure! I have let it go, not on a mentally obscene basis, but I certainly haven't been good.

I have put on 5lb (the same 5lb that took me 5 WEEKS to get off!) in a couple of weeks. I haven't exercised very much at all and I have drunk lots.

I had a letter on Friday to say that my wedding dress had arrived in the shop, so that has filled me with excitedness and anxiety too. I know it should fit me because I am currently the same weight I was when they measured me, but I really wanted it to swamp me on my first fitting!

Nevermind, I have time. I am going to keep to healthy eating / SW - and I am going to try with all my being to stick to it too. I am also going to re-start the T25 too, not from the beginning, but I am going to do the last 2 weeks of alpha and then move to beta.

This heat has made me realise how uncomfortable it is being obese in the summer and I really don't want to face another summer like it.

Pretty peed off with myself at the mo :wave_cry: - but I have been reading up on other diaries and am feeling the inspiring juices flowing.

Onwards I go.....

xxx

Charley! Glad to have you back. I think everyone's been having one of those moments recently where they fall off the wagon in spectacular style and then have to pull themselves back on. Sounds like you have a plan and having your wedding dress all ready and waiting for you must be so exciting! Best of luck and we're all here for you.

Monday 21 July 2014

Hello, my name is Charlotte Smith and I am a big fat failure! I have let it go, not on a mentally obscene basis, but I certainly haven't been good.

I have put on 5lb (the same 5lb that took me 5 WEEKS to get off!) in a couple of weeks. I haven't exercised very much at all and I have drunk lots.

I had a letter on Friday to say that my wedding dress had arrived in the shop, so that has filled me with excitedness and anxiety too. I know it should fit me because I am currently the same weight I was when they measured me, but I really wanted it to swamp me on my first fitting!

Nevermind, I have time. I am going to keep to healthy eating / SW - and I am going to try with all my being to stick to it too. I am also going to re-start the T25 too, not from the beginning, but I am going to do the last 2 weeks of alpha and then move to beta.

This heat has made me realise how uncomfortable it is being obese in the summer and I really don't want to face another summer like it.

Pretty peed off with myself at the mo :wave_cry: - but I have been reading up on other diaries and am feeling the inspiring juices flowing.

Onwards I go.....

xxx

don't beat yourself up too much lovely.....we do far too much of that!! (i'm wagging my finger here at you too lol)

oooh wedding dress - eeeeekkkk! ;)

what else has been happening at your end? x

Charley! Glad to have you back. I think everyone's been having one of those moments recently where they fall off the wagon in spectacular style and then have to pull themselves back on. Sounds like you have a plan and having your wedding dress all ready and waiting for you must be so exciting! Best of luck and we're all here for you.

I know people say that summer is the easiest time to lose weight, but I find it the hardest time - outdoor events, bbqs and booze - the meats are not the problem, its everything else that goes with the bbq - dips and chips and stuff, not to mention that I have recently acquired a taste for tequila infused beer - WTF!!!!!

I am thinking that there will be tears on Saturday morning at the wedding shop, but sadly not of joy, more of "OMG my stomach and my fat arms!!!!!!" Plus my sister and mum are coming and i have this thing with them that they look down on me, and are ready to judge me... my bessie Cara will be there though, who makes me feel good about myself! If my mum says "you don't want to be a fat bride" one more time to me....! She is currently going great guns on SW - those who used to read my old diaries may remember how we used to go to class together, and she would just lark about with the diet and never stick to it, whereas I would be so strict and miserable when I only lost a pound - she was pretty unsupportive..... now she has finally "got her head around it" and has lost a stone in 6 weeks, but MAN have I heard about it! She calls me up to tell me how well she has done and she is being quite sanctimonious about it too, like she is the only one who has ever lost weight and everyone should be doing it type of thing! GRRRRR, it doesn't help.

don't beat yourself up too much lovely.....we do far too much of that!! (i'm wagging my finger here at you too lol)

oooh wedding dress - eeeeekkkk! ;)

what else has been happening at your end? x

I am annoyed at myself because it took a lot of hard work and sweat to lose just 5lbs - which took me 5 weeks!!!! and it took under two weeks to put that back on! When I read your diary where you were upset because you hoped for more of a loss, I can sympathise but in many ways I think it is because when we are OFF plan, we are still in our heads following SW plan, so say for example you are good in the day and then in the evening you have say a kebab, you think how bad you are, but really its probably taken you over your limit for that day - but not by miles, so therefore you are always slightly ON plan. Then when you get back and you are 100% for a week or whatever, then you expect some great loss and its not great - because you haven't done anything drastic.... but if you were off plan and then you went back to a brand new diet, say WW, then you would probably get a massive loss..... does any of this make sense? Its really hard to explain what I mean writing it down!!!

I do my own head in thinking about this cr!p far too much. I just want to lose a bit more than I was and maybe I will stay on plan a bit more. I am hearing so many people doing these different, more drastic diets and losing tons, but I always want to go for the sensible route, which is slow loss - which should equate to slow gain, but it doesn't, not in my book!

Oh I get you alright!
It's like if we say no to something, then we expect a decent loss because of that!
My way of thinking was so much better last year...I dunno what's changed but I'm trying to focus one day at a time and highlight wee positive things and hold on to them.

I think I expected more cos I purposely joined a class at night, then had more than a week at it and between weighing for the first time at 9:30 am and going from one extreme to the next...I expected more.
It pisses me off that people fart about with things and lose lots, and like us sometimes, we do it properly and don't always see the results. But I guess we're all different and I'm just jealous lol

I felt rotten for you reading about your mum...not sure how much I can say about what I really think cos she's your mum and I'm big on redirecting others....but take from that what you will lol....my response for you is grrrrrrr!!! :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Has anyone tried the lime infused soda from Tesco? Its really nice, for those SWers I can't imagine its any syns, if it is then it is very low - It is really refreshing.

I am a bit of a pepsi max beast, I don't drink it at all during the day but of an evening I will have some with dinner, and on occasions (more often than not recently) I will wake in the middle of the night and get another glass.

It is full of crap useless chemicals and I don't want them in my body, so I have decided to buy myself a water purifier (there is one in Robert Dyas on speciall offer for £10 at the moment) and just drink that - I think its because I need something cold and Pepsi max was always on hand.

But I tried this lime and soda on the weekend and it is lovely. So I have ordered some for next weeks' shopping. Thats on offer at the moment as well 4 bottles for £1.50.

To be honest water should be the only thing you drink, for tis the elixir of life! I do drink lots of water during the week days at work, but weekends are a fail. . . not anymore.

Beverage related musings over!

Awwwwwwww I've read all posts and don't really know what to say. I was going to ask why/how you'd put 5lbs on but then you answered the question, have you thought about making your own dips & taking them to the bbq's with you, not too sure about drink, I like a full glass of wine, or a shot without the added mixer so can't really help there. Do you have an Aldi nearby, they currently have some nice syn free fizzy in, one in particular I like is Mexican Lime but I did buy tequila to go with it, lol.

Not sure what to say about your mum, could somebody else have a word with her rather than you saying something & it all blowing out of proportion xx

Back