CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around much. I had a lovely weekend, and Soph, I did both on Saturday night - I ate and drank. In fairness the buffet was fairly healthy I had two small plates of salad and ham with a circle of buttered baguette, a small dip of baked camembert and a biscuit and cheese each. I also had a wedge of birthday cake, without the icing (I hate icing!!). I drank a fair whack of red wine tho.

Sunday I was good

Yesterday I had a half day as my sister and her boyfriend were in town for her birthday. So Mick and I met up with them at a wine bar for a few bottles of wine. We then had another bottle in the Oxo Tower, we then stopped off for a dark and stormy in a posh hotel, but this time I was steaming and Mick had to drag me along the southbank!! We ended up at pizza express where I shared garlic dough balls and a big square pizza. I was put to bed at 8:20pm!!!!

Today I am meeting up with a friend for dinner at Haz, in St Paul's after work, so more food out (sigh) I will stay away from booze and starters (please God let me stay away from booze and starters) and stick to mains.

Hi Florida girl, thanks for the lovely post. Do you have a diary?

Oh, look at what we were drinking yesterday!!,

Attachments

• 1429602252527.jpg
    1429602252527.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 47
Yes I thought the name of the bottle was very apt!!! This is us four at the Oxo

Attachments

• 1429606323497.jpg
    1429606323497.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi all, I had such a busy day yesterday, I never really got round to posting. I haven't been great lately. I went to Haz in St Paul's last night with a friend of mine. We shared a bottle of white. The meal was really lovely we had two starters to share, one was falafel and the other was a roast aubergine dish, served with bread and we both had a mixed grill for mains. It was two lumps of chicken, two lumps of lamb and some lamb kofta, veg and a little pile of rice.

For lunch I had some chickpea loaf thing, I have the last of it today - had it Monday too.

Breakfast was a wholemeal chicken roll! A weird choice but I fancied bacon, so I thought chicken would be better.

Food today

B - chicken roll again

L - leftover chickpea loaf (I made this with chickpea dhal, and instead of using savoury rice, I used uncle Ben's express brown rice and a tin of gungo peas)

D - quarter chicken with rice and salad

Did anyone see plus sized wars on channel four last night? I watched it this morning. Interesting show.

Have a lovely day all

Keep going, I personally lost over 60 pounds in 7 months through completely changing my lifestyle , getting exercise and eating healthy.Good luck on your journey.

Your weekend sounds lovely - the photos are great!

I also agree that dinner last night sounds good, healthy choices were made!

I don't think the chicken roll is weird for breakfast, I love savoury stuff for breakfast. My husband on the other hand often eats a whole packet of cakes with a bowl of tea (the French are strange). I looked at the nutritional facts the other day and he sometimes has 2,500 JUST for breakfast :eek:. Maybe we should start playing basketball... xx

I with the others I don't thing last night sounded so bad. I'll have to see if I can watch the programme at some point, sounds interesting.

It's interesting in the sense of what overweight bloggers are doing, they are empowering, especially to someone like me who is plus sized. But there was this women who owns a new plus sized chain in Australia and has opened some over here, True Shape or something like that and they led a bit of a protest outside London fashion week - with 'skinny bird' on their t-shirts walking around with binoculars pretending to bird watch the skinny people. Now I know it was a publicity stunt because their shops weren't doing too well - but I thought it was wrong, I don't like body shaming of any form. Can you imagine if it were the other way round and skinny models were sent to a plus sized shop with bins wearing 'fat bird' emblazoned on their tops? There are better ways to handle these things.

I think plus size clothes should be seen on the run way, I may be fat or plus sized but I like to wear nice clothes. A lot of people think it is encouraging people to stay fat by parading big models in nice clothes, but what are we supposed to do, hide away from society in bin bags until we lose weight?

Did you hear jamelia yesterday? I used to like her but I think she has shown her true colour - she said that high street shops shouldn't stick anything below a size 6 and above a size 20, because it encourages bad eating habits!!!! Are skinny and fat people supposed to walk around naked!?! What an idiot. It's people like her that give people body image issues - look at that girl who died by taking on line diet pills, desperate to be slim!

I wished people would mind their own business, take care of their own bodies and stop judging others.

Rant endeth here.

Keep going, I personally lost over 60 pounds in 7 months through completely changing my lifestyle , getting exercise and eating healthy.Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for your encouraging post Mary. I am trying to change my life, it's so difficult with social events though. I find preparation is key.

Do you have a diary of your own that I could nose through?

Well said. It's completely ridiculous to suggest that producing clothes in plus sizes encourages obesity. Do people really think that average size people are going to look at a nice top in Evans and think "Oh, best I put on 5 stone so I can fit into it"

I completely agree about the body shaming surrounding slim people as well - both of my sons are skinny and honestly some of the things my (larger) family members have said to them..AND ME...about their weight would be completely unacceptable if it were the other way round. I've been asked if I feed my boys - uh, nah, don't bother with any of that malarky! - what a stupid thing to say!

Whaaaat?! I can't believe Jamelia said that. Pffft. I agree, us plus sized ladies need clothes to wear! As if not having plus size clothing on the high street is going to solve obesity... Anyway I don't think there is enough plus size choice on the market! There is never much choice, in New Look there is a small corner with a few hangers, it's hardly incites me to stay fat when the rest of the shop is filled with hundreds of clothes!

Gaaaahhh. Definitely agree that people should take care of their own bodies and stop judging others.

A friend of mine was recently on a recruitment panel for a corporate company and one of the recruiters voted against one candidate because she was overweight, saying it showed she had no motivation. As if it were that easy or as if capabilities at work were directly linked to eating habits. HELLO!

Gosh, these stories are making me more mad.

It's such a shame people feel the need to judge like that. Its bad enough for you boys Sal, boys have a complex about being slight, they don't need it rammed down their throats.
And for someone not to employ someone on the basis that they are overweight and shows lack of discipline is absolutely mental!

The world's gone crazy.

Oh by the way Soph, New Look no longer have the Inspire range in store, it's only online now!!! I don't know if it's every store but Lakeside, Blue Water, and two big stores near my workplace in London have stopped - fecking cheek. X
On the plus side (pub totally intended!) I have noticed that Next have quite a bit going up to size 22 - thumbs up to Next. I bought three pretty tops yesterday in a size 20 and they are very generous sizing and floaty. Xxx

Just popping in to say hello :wavey:!

Hi all!!!

I am sorry I haven't been around much. Work has been really busy and evenings too. I am still struggling with the food stuff (reckon I always will) but I am doing really well with the exercising. Not much weight is shifting and not much is noticable inches wise but I think I need to give it a good few weeks. I have been watching Fat: the fight of my life and so I am very inspired to do more exercise, if only I could stick to the 1500 cal a day thing they do, I might lose over a stone in a month! The fact is I can't be faffed with counting calories, its so much easier if you eat packaged stuff, but I don't really.

So onwards I go, try try again.

Food today:

B - Porridge and Milk with tsp brown sugar and banana

L - I don't know yet, maybe soup and salad

D - Quarter Chicken (skinless) and chips and salad with sauces

S - satsuma and yogurt.

Back