Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Thursday 15th June

Hi all

Well I never stuck to plan last night, the fishcakes weren't at all nice, I thought there was cheese melted in the middle, but it was all mashed up with the fish and potato and it was really mushy in consistency and so I had a couple of wraps with southern fried chicken inside. I also had a Frijj milkshake AND a kit kat chunky and felt sooooo sick afterwards! Why do I do it to myself? WHY!? I am not even a sweet tooth generally.

I have been good all day today though. My intake:

B - Strawberries and an Apple
L - Chicken Salad and 2x thins
S - Graze box and Walkers Mini Poppadums
D - Chicken Kiev and Baked Potato
S - Hmmm all depends on how many points the kiev is, I may get an ice lolly or something out of it.

I have done very well with the spinach this week, I have already finished a massive bag of it, so I have no veg or salad to go with my evening meal, but that's ok. I also had a whole bag of kale on Monday night - UP THE LEAFY GREENS!!!!!

So weigh in is tomorrow, I was so good all week, but I ballsed up on Tuesday and Wednesday. I can only hope that the God of Scales looks down on me and takes pity...for I am a little pitiful :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has had a good day.

x

Why do I do it to myself? WHY!? I am not even a sweet tooth generally.

I know, I can be the same. We were out last night and I never eat dessert, I always have a teeny taste of darling husbands....I like to know how its made.
Anyway, last night he had crème brulee, I had a teeny taste and then a big taste as it wasn't crème brulee as it should be. Then I went and had a spoonful of his whipped crème and fruit puree. I dont even like crème and had cramps afterwards.

Losing weight isn't a race, there is always tomorrow....we juts need to keep plodding along.

I know, I can be the same. We were out last night and I never eat dessert, I always have a teeny taste of darling husbands....I like to know how its made.
Anyway, last night he had crème brulee, I had a teeny taste and then a big taste as it wasn't crème brulee as it should be. Then I went and had a spoonful of his whipped crème and fruit puree. I dont even like crème and had cramps afterwards.

Losing weight isn't a race, there is always tomorrow....we juts need to keep plodding along.

I am glad to know I am not alone, its almost as if I have a right to eat chocolate and things, because I don't usually - that may not make sense, but I am a stodgy, savoury person, so I try and steer clear, thats my achilles. But when I fancy sweet things, I tend to go to town "because I don't usually want it" - with weight loss the main issue is up in the mind isn't it?

I ended up eating too much chocolate again last night :(. I wished I could have it in the house and just eat a little at a time, I am getting better at it, but I haven't quite perfected the art of 'a little of what you fancy...'

Yes Tipps, we keep on plodding ....to the fridge :eatdrink051:!!!!!

Friday 16th June - weigh day :scale: - 3lbs off :banana_dancer:

I am so chuffed, and a little surprised especially after Chocolate-gate the last couple of days. I don't care though, I am taking the loss and running (well slowly waddling) with it!

So news...I don't know if I mentioned, but I have trouble with my feet, its been ongoing for years, its generally nerve problems running down my legs and the pain is in the outer sole of my heel. I also have ankle problems from an old sports injury in my left foot. Its pretty bad, I can only really wear trainers. And when I first get up of a morning, the pain is unbearable for a few minutes - after that its just general pain all day, it has got worse over the last few months to the point where I am limping and I am very slow at walking. I haven't been to the gym in months and months because of it, and I put on 2 stone as a result of my inactivity. So a lot of blame for my recent weight gain goes to my feet and legs, but also the weight gain can't be helping them either. Its a cause and affect type situation.

I have BUPA through work and have bitten the £150 excess bullet and I have my first physio session on Monday morning - I have had physio many times before on my ankle problem, for which they have helped, but this nerve pain is unbearable, I have had separate physio last year and it didn't really help and i also tried acupuncture a few weeks ago, which didn't really help. Lets see if this course will help me. If I can get rid of it, it will open up a new lease of life in me. I have always been overweight, but I was always fit for my weight - I walked a lot and worked out - I used to be fitter than my 10 stone sister - I want to get back to that. As soon as I am relatively pain free in my feet I think the weight will fly off me.

Soooooo food today:

B - Ham Thin - 4
L - Chicken and Stuffing Sandwich from M&S - 10
S - Strawberries and a gorgeous red apple. Cheese Ball Crisps - 3
D - Chicken Kebab with salad and mayo - 15

This leaves me with 11 points for the evening. I will have a little treat tonight with those.

So weekend fun, there's a lot going on. Tomorrow we are meeting up with some friends in Brixton, so we are going here https://negrilrestaurant.co.uk/ and then we are going drinking, so I guess I will need to use most of my weekly allowance on this day. Then Sunday we are hosting a Father's Day BBQ, so that will be boozy and foody, although I will be the chef, last time I was the chef I was too hot and bothered to drink and too busy to eat the crisps and dips - which is a good thing!

So I hope everyone has a lovely day in the sun today
xxx

Great news about the weight loss and good to hear you are going to try to sort your feet out, yes, it really is a vicious circle.
I was going to suggest acupuncture but you say it hasn't worked for you. Anything chronic takes a few sessions but its very hard to follow through with something when you see no improvement. Fingers crossed these physio sessions work for you.

I am a stodgy, savoury person, so I try and steer clear, thats my achilles. But when I fancy sweet things, I tend to go to town "because I don't usually want it" - with weight loss the main issue is up in the mind isn't it?

OMG same here - I'll do savoury anytime but if i have chocolates or biscuits in the house I'll eat them on CC or SW - because I'm 'allowed'!

Friday 16th June - weigh day :scale: - 3lbs off :banana_dancer:

Woohoo well done Charley, that's a great loss, despite ChocolateGate (love it :D) - and well done too for sorting out the physio for your feet. That sounds like a really horrible condition! I get restless leg really badly and take magnesium and potassium for it - maybe worth a try? Too much though and you have to run for the loo in the morning!

I take magnesium too for legs, heart and to help sleep. I didn't know about potassium.

Tuesday 20th June

Hi all, I haven't posted for a good few days, partly due to a hectic weekend of being run off my feet, but also because I haven't really followed the plan, I tend to hide when I haven't kept an eye on what i stuff in my mouth, be it food or drink! I haven't been ridiculously bad, but I haven't been following, and it makes me feel like I am in limbo a little. I am not going to beat myself up, as I normally do, I am just going to plough on.

Saturday was a really good, but long day. We left ours at 11:30am to meet up with our friends in Brixton at 2pm, we had a great day of drinking in different bars and also had a lovely West Indian meal, I had oxtail, rice and peas and coleslaw - it was pretty much the only thing I ate all day, I had had two apples for breakfast and we didn't get in until 10:30pm, so I had a shower and went straight to bed. We also racked up almost 16,800 steps that day, which is great for a weekend as I usually rest my painful legs/feet as much as possible on the weekend. Needless to say my feet and calves were killing on Sunday, I was up at 6am and didn't stop until 8pm, we had a full day of cleaning and preparing for a family BBQ at ours, IT WAS SO HOT! I was BBQ chef too, our garden has the sun all day long, the heat was so intense. Again I didn't eat huge amounts, but I drank lots of rum punch! When everyone had gone I laid into the homemade guacamole leftovers and took the whole bowl down with some doritos and crackers :mad:. My homemade guac is soooo good.

Yesterday was ok, but we were eating leftovers from the BBQ for lunch AND dinner - I did way too much.

Today I am back on track, although again I haven't bothered pointing anything on the app - I have a terrific case of the "can't be @rsed"'s about me at the moment. Tomorrow I will do as i did today, Thursday I have the day off for an Ascot related day that we have at a Hall near us, its full on, all day, boozy and a three course meal too. Friday I am off (to recover from Thursday!) and I plan to get back on app-pointing track. Friday is my weigh in day, so the week starts afresh, and so will I - I am hoping not for too much of a gain, but I know it won't be a loss ....STS maybe???

Oh I had my first physio session yesterday, it was spent mainly discussing the pain etc, he told me I was flat-footed and I needed to lose weight, but he said it in a kind way and was also very handsome so he is forgiven! I am flat footed and I do need to lose weight....but that's not the reason for the pain, which he is going to start working on, tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the advice on the supplements, I heard B6 was good for nerve pain too.

xxx

I think its the weather....its too hot to cook a proper meal butvwe are grazing on bad stuff. And hot weather to us means outdoor alcohol....it's hard to change everything together.
Have you had proper insoles made for your shoes... I did and walking is so much easier.

hi hunny, well done with your weigh loss so far xxx

I think its the weather....its too hot to cook a proper meal butvwe are grazing on bad stuff. And hot weather to us means outdoor alcohol....it's hard to change everything together.
Have you had proper insoles made for your shoes... I did and walking is so much easier.

I think you are right Tipps, I am naughtier more in the summer than the winter....although I am naughty then too . I do already wear orthotics in my trainers, they have worked wonders for my ankle, it's just this sharp pain in the sole of my foot - it's horrible. I have been doing my exercises, such as they are, but I am wondering if this guy knows what he is doing?? Oh well we will see.
X

hi hunny, well done with your weigh loss so far xxx

Hi Jules, thanks very much although this weeks naughtys have pretty much undone it all X

Love the "can't be @rsed" - that's me a lot of the time! :D

All the best for WI today xx

Yup, I love food Susie, what can do I??! I need to reign in it for a whole just to lose a few stone, then I can be 80:20% I would love to be able to maintain, I am a great maintainer, but sadly I am an even better gainer

X

Friday 23rd June :scale: - no smileys and titty shakes today, more :1461: - in 3 weeks I have lost 6lbs and in one week of being off pain I gained the whole fecking lot!

What did I do to get back on track? Are the best part of a big packet of crisps of course!

Tomorrow is a right off, I will be stronger tomorrow.

X

One day...just one day at a time. I have stopped counting days or weeks or even pounds. Each day I wake up and say today is the beginning of my new life.

One day...just one day at a time. I have stopped counting days or weeks or even pounds. Each day I wake up and say today is the beginning of my new life.

Thanks Tipps (she says on her second glass of wine - :rolleyes:, well I am on a day off, the sun is shining and I am sitting in my garden....wine o'clock

Cheers image.jpg xx

Oh lovely have one for me :D.

Don't worry about the gain, it'll whoosh away once you're back in focus - and Tipp is spot on, one day at a time! xx

i take it a meal at a time some days ;0 xxxxx

Hi charley

Wow - great losses and loving the food pics!
That linguine the other week looked AMAZING where did you get the recipe from?

Looks like you're reallynin the zone and doing brilliantly xx

Hi charley

Wow - great losses and loving the food pics!
That linguine the other week looked AMAZING where did you get the recipe from?

Looks like you're reallynin the zone and doing brilliantly xx

Thanks love, sadly I have gained all my losses :(:oops: - very shameful. The linguine was so delicious, I didn't have a recipe, I just muddled it together, I like getting creative in the kitchen, especially with pasta dishes, I just used tinned crab and a handful of prawns (they are so low on WW) and cooked a tomato based sauce and added the crab, prawns and fresh herbs at the end. It was so nice.

I am trying to get back in the zone, but I have been naughty again this week!

x

Monday 26th June - back on it!

Hi all, so I have been bad, but today I dust myself off and start again, I must realise that I only need to be bad a meal at a time, not for days on end. I need to update my signature as well to show the gain. I am annoyed because this was always the pattern I took when I did SW and all the other diets, I would be good for a week and then be bad for a week - 2 steps forward, 2 steps back and each time i come back onto Minis I always vow not to do it again, because I am a bad influence, I am "how NOT to do things" - but in true forum form "I MEAN IT THIS TIME"

So today's food is a little boring, its Monday, so naturally I was late getting with no time to prepare:

B - Ham Sandwich - 5
L - Salad WW wraps - 8
D - Half Chicken and Veg with gravy - 17
S - Graze Beach Bum box - 5, Crackers - 4

This leaves me with 5 points to play with tonight after dinner.

xx

Back