Charlies Mummys diary

charlies mummy said:
I weighed this morning and now 5 pounds down in total - which is what Dr D predicted and I still have today to go!!!! Woo hoo:D:D:D

I changed yesterday and had the turkey rashers and egg for tea - was delicious and as we were going out to watch fireworks I knew I needed something to avoid the inevitable hunger then eating convenience things ie chips, hot dog etc.

On the way home dear oh wanted take away tea. I made him get a curry and although he had the full works - I succumbed to just a chicken tikka starter. I made my self some yoghurt dip when I got home for it with f/f yoghurt and some herbs from cupboard it was delicious and just enough to make me feel like I had not missed out.

This morning I made a sweet gallette for brekkie and the oh said mmm I fancy that - so I gave him it. Made another one for myself and forgot sweetener - and then burnt it a bit poop, plus little one also wanted it!!! ITS MINE :mad:

Had some mackeral for lunch but felt really forced to get it down - going to have chicken for tea. Not really snacking much as dont get hungry - have ditched the crab sticks as I think they were affecting me to begin. Looking forward to some veggies so much tomorrow.

Just going to try and make a salmon pate - am sure I made one ages ago with some natural yoghurt and stuff. We will see!!!

Happy I have kept to it and its not felt too tough either. I have read not to go mad with veggies so will restrict them a little. A small salad or veg sticks at work then a few with my chicken in the evening.

Loving the gallettes cant believe I went nearly the week without one!!!:(

Wow well done you!!!!!

That's amazing you must feel great!!

Ruth
X

Well 1 week of attack - 5 pounds down which is what Dr D said so I will go with that!! As ever I wanted more but I am happy its on track. First dau of cruise and some veg - just been to sainsburys to make sure fresh - was kinda scared of them. Lol :eek:
Wanted to pick good veggies if that makes sense???:confused:
So went for brocolli, cauliflower, squash (never had) and some cucumber and red pepper. Dont want to go OTT.
Having chicken, sprouts, brocolli and cauliflower for tea. Had chicken some cucumber and cottage cheese for lunch and a gallette for brekkie. Amazed myself getting up early to make it. Oh and some s/f jelly too - yum. xx:D

Sounds lush!!!

Well done on the 5lbs thats amazing!

Ruth
X

Hmmm - was supposed to be on a PP day today but had a little bit of salad for lunch. Now I am thinking do I just have another PV day and do 2 PP days or just forget the salad and do PP tonight too.

The salad is the only thing I had - lettuce, onion, 1 slice tomato and 3 slices cucumber. Cant believe I am querying salad here! But I know I have to. I think I am going to do a complete PV day then do PP tomorrow and Thursday and friday, then PV saturday and PP Sunday.

Today have had:

Oat bran Gallette
Chicken and salad
Cottage cheese for snacking
Just had some turkey rashers too
Salmon for tea - going to roast some veg with it too, pepper, courgette, onion, mushroom and chrery tomato.

Tomorrow back to PP day and planning:

Gallette
Chicken and cottage cheese
Spicy chicken breast (cajun) and boiled egg

Just really wanted the salad today - its not a major fall off wagon - just a slip in days. :eek:

Had 2 litres of water already plus 2 cans of coke. Have noticed my caffeine intake is way down:D

Oooh was meant to stay off scales as I become obsessive but weighed this morning and another 1lb off - v chuffed:D

The 15 stone is a sticking point so under 15 before xmas will be ace for me xxxx

Today changed the menu a little have had:

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
chicken and cottage cheese
chicken fajitas - dukan friendly !!! - I made some chicken strips and got some various spices out, paprika some garlic etc and then made savoury gallette - not bad if I say so myself!!

Am now 7 lb down woo hoo xxxx and I am actually enjoying it more importantly. I feel a little challenge to create nice things.

charlies mummy said:
Today changed the menu a little have had:

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
chicken and cottage cheese
chicken fajitas - dukan friendly !!! - I made some chicken strips and got some various spices out, paprika some garlic etc and then made savoury gallette - not bad if I say so myself!!

Am now 7 lb down woo hoo xxxx and I am actually enjoying it more importantly. I feel a little challenge to create nice things.

Well Done that's amazing!!!

I love the cooking aspect and enjoy every second!!

Ruth
X

Hi
I've been following your progress, you're doing great.
I started last Monday too. Was down7.5 yesterday but after my 1st day of PV yesterday was up a pound this morning.
Am wondering if it might be TOM.
Keep up the good work!
Kiki

Morning everyone

Thanks Ruthie and Kiki - long road to go but every pound helps!! lol I may patent that saying.

Today is my day off - well I have 2 year old to look after so not a day off really and I work 10 hour days on the others so who am I kidding!!! We are going to the fair woo hoo - must avoid candy floss, burgers, hot dogs etc. I am making burgers a la dukan for tea so mine will be much much nicer anyway! And I got some steak thin cut so going to have that too.

Just made gallette for breakfast - can honestly say I blooming love them! Just debating lunch lol - my day does revolve around food. It always has!

Have deicided I need to stop getting scales obsessed so weighing once a week - was a Monday morning which I am going to stick to. Decided its a good day mentally as:

1. If I have done great I will be pushed to do well again for the week
2. If I have not done very well it will equally push me on

Was thinking of changing to a friday but know if I have done poor will be easily swayed yo fall off the wagon at a weekend and also if I do do great will again be tempted to treat myself by falling off wagon as a reward - no win situation me thinks so not doing it.

Feeling positive still just hoping pv days wont affect me as cruise this week - had pv monday and tuesday so having pp wednesday, thursday (today) and friday (tomorro) - its just the way it happened and rather than thinking I ruined tuesday by turning it pv I need to learn to be flexible.

today have had:

Sweet gallette mmmm
Roast beef and steak - odd I know, didnt get to eat until 3pm so was staaarving.
Burgers - herbs, onion, chillis and dry fried egg yummy

Smack on hand as only just finished 1st litre of water - at work I am normally down 2 litres by lunch. tssk to me

Been to the fair in town and happily walked past candy floss, doughnuts, roast pork and stuffing rolls, burgers and hot dogs v smug. Usually I would have at least a hotdog and some floss. I managed a coffee:D:D:D:D:D

charlies mummy said:
today have had:

Sweet gallette mmmm
Roast beef and steak - odd I know, didnt get to eat until 3pm so was staaarving.
Burgers - herbs, onion, chillis and dry fried egg yummy

Smack on hand as only just finished 1st litre of water - at work I am normally down 2 litres by lunch. tssk to me

Been to the fair in town and happily walked past candy floss, doughnuts, roast pork and stuffing rolls, burgers and hot dogs v smug. Usually I would have at least a hotdog and some floss. I managed a coffee:D:D:D:D:D

Oooo sounds gorgeous!!!

Well done on resisting!!

Ruth
X

well done for not falling for temptation. I also know how difficult it is to remember to drink. I have a 2ltr bottle that i normally make sure i finish but today i have really struggled with it.The gallette is lovely isn't it. I've had it sweet with mixed spice and savory to use like toast with my soft boiled eggs. yumm yumm yumm.

I've had a hard day today as I went out for lunch unexpectedly! I had butternut squash soup to start, it wasn't creamy so prob ok on a PV day, then I had chicken stuffed with black pudding with veg. I passed on the potatoes and pudding do felt quite virtuous, but now worried that what I did eat wasn't strictly ok. Certainly not as ok as cooking at home. Just had a cottage cheese salad for dinner and my galette for breakfast so rest of the day was fine.

kiki1973 said:
I've had a hard day today as I went out for lunch unexpectedly! I had butternut squash soup to start, it wasn't creamy so prob ok on a PV day, then I had chicken stuffed with black pudding with veg. I passed on the potatoes and pudding do felt quite virtuous, but now worried that what I did eat wasn't strictly ok. Certainly not as ok as cooking at home. Just had a cottage cheese salad for dinner and my galette for breakfast so rest of the day was fine.

I think that if you unexpectedly go out for lunch/dinner it's hard but you seem to have handled it well and look like you made some very informed choices!

Well Done :)

Ruth
X

Work is v quiet today, have been in early so can get an early pop. Have had so far:

Brekkie - Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (made at work)
Lunch - Homemade burgers and cottage cheese

a diet coke, 2 teas with skim milk and 2 litres of water (some strange looks as visiting toilet a lot though)

Having smoked haddock with a poached egg for tea, followed by sugar free jelly and my sweet gallette for snacking in front of tv later. Yum diddly yum yum

Just resisted McD's as someone just offered - colleague having burger and mcflurry - not a fan of ice cream anyway so not too difficult XX

charlies mummy said:
Work is v quiet today, have been in early so can get an early pop. Have had so far:

Brekkie - Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (made at work)
Lunch - Homemade burgers and cottage cheese

a diet coke, 2 teas with skim milk and 2 litres of water (some strange looks as visiting toilet a lot though)

Having smoked haddock with a poached egg for tea, followed by sugar free jelly and my sweet gallette for snacking in front of tv later. Yum diddly yum yum

Just resisted McD's as someone just offered - colleague having burger and mcflurry - not a fan of ice cream anyway so not too difficult XX

Sounds gorgeous!!!

How do u make your homemade burger?

Ruth
X

Homemade burgers are easy, tasty and good for a PV or PP day:

Extra lean mince
Grated onion
Mixed herbs,
Garlic/chilli (to your liking)
Beaten egg to bind

Get your hands in and squash it together - feels quite nice! Shape into burgers and try to press quite hard but not so they squidge through your fingers!

I cook mine on a george foreman grill so get the streaks!

Served with some tomato salsa - little cherry tomoatoes, chillis, onion and a dash of balsamic and if pv some salad too!

Yummy and very filling - I also had some cottage cheese with mine

Having very bad day today - all hormones and emotional

Started well having brekkie of turkey rashers and egg
Went out with my little one and she managed to spill a full coffee over me - great. Then she was being a madam - messing around, wanting to walk and then running off. I put her in her pushchair and she threw a strop. I asked her if she would like a sausage roll for lunch as she loves them. I only get them from greggs - probably as I love them! She said no so thought not bothering - we get to the car and then she throws a strop as she did want one. Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!!

So for some stupid reason I started crying driving home - as well as doing Dukan we are trying for baby number 2. My oh is possibly going abroad in Feb to work, which we found out a month ago so now feeling the pressure. Everywhere I look there are pregnant women and I just want a positive result now!!! Its kind of I have made up my mind I want another and now its not happening as quick as I would like it! My daughter was conceived very quick, within 2 months so thought maybe the same but now stressing which is not helping. I know it could take much longer - just hoping.....

That coupled with sts this week is getting to me - I got home and wanted to stuff my face with possibly anything and everything but decided that would achieve nothing, make me feel worse after and I would probably cry again. Bought pasty at greggs but not eaten it - I very nearly did I admit. I then felt c??p as nothing prepared for lunch - managed some ham and cherry tomatoes. I have no cottage cheese left - was just 'binging' on my jug of s/f jelly - lol

Got some roasted veg for tea and some chicken - will make gallette later.

Plus drink some water - had none yet v v v v v bad.

Feel better now for not blowing it on eating chocolate, crisps, toast etc

Last edited:
hi charlies mum, i hope your ok, you've just had a really stressful day and a stroppy toddler doesn't help. stick cbbies on plonk her in front of the living room babysitter and sit down and have a cuppa.

well done for resisting the old habit if comfort eating when you've had a pants day. i know this as its generally my reaction to having a cr*p day.

i can relate to the stress you feel we are trying for baby no2, it took us 6mnths last time and 1 miscarriage so we're just seeing how things go, but like you said once you've made your mind up pregnant ladies are everywhere!!

hope your feeling better x

Back