Charliesworld - back to a size 12 journey

Thanks Emily - I've decided to wait a bit for the cross trainer. I just can't justify spending the money atm but defo have it on my wants list and will probably get it in the next month or so.

Ok yesterdays food:

B - magic porridge (HeB) - yummy why have I not discovered this sooner??
L - 12 speed soup (s), yogurt
D - fish (s), mushy peas (s), chips (3syns)
S - quark, natural yogurt, options (2 syns)

Syns today - 5
Syns for the week - 56

I need to make more of an effort tomorrow to eat more speed food. Can't believe I didn't have any fruit at all yesterday.

I also tend to eat my biggest meal after the kids have gone to bed so around 7.30-8pm. I'll generally have my meal and then yogurt or quark. Wonder if it might help things trying to eat a bit earlier? Don't get to eat in peace then though and I don't enjoy my meal.

B - magic porridge (HeB)
L - speed food soup (s)
S - nectarines (s)
Couple of chicken popper things from kids tea :eek: (2 syns)
D - chicken (s), bacon, salad (s), potato, butter (3 syns), yogurt

Daily syns - 5 syns
Total for week - 61 syns

Looks like another good day hun, well done! :D

Thanks Emily :)

I've been feeling a bit fed up today. Especially tonight but I think it's just down to me being tired - kids had me up at 5.15. I'm really trying to stick to the plan at least until next saturday to see if I actually lose any weight but tonight I'm kind of feeling the "it's not fair" thing where I wish I was thin already and could enjoy something naughty without having to feel bad about it. DP might have a new job and he has just stocked up on crisps and beer and I'm so jealous. :sigh:

Anyway todays food:

B - magic porridge (HeB)
L - SW quiche - egg, cottage cheese, lean corned beef (3 syns), onion, mushrooms - YUM!!
S - pineapple
D - pasta, salad, beef and quorn bolognese. Quark, natural yogurt, options (2)

BTW my HeA every day is pretty much always the milk in my drinks.

Aww poor thing, you must be exhausted! Thats great news about your partners new job, not so good about him bringing all that naughty food into the house tho!

Its always harder to stick to plan when you are tired/feeling down, the urge to emotionally eat can be so strong. But you have to try your best to fight those demons and think of your goal. I find it best to have short term and long term goals. Then once you start to achieve those smaller goals you get more and more of a boost and motivation. So maybe your first mini goal could be to get to Saturday sticking to plan 100%. Then if you do maybe you can allow yourself a little treat before starting the new week.

Just take each day as it comes and if you need support or are feeling weak willed just jump on Minis to distract yourself :D

That's exactly what I did yesterday Emily. I curled up in bed with my laptop while dp watched the footie downstairs and read through the posts on here. It worked a treat. 2 days until weigh in but it's really next weeks I'm bothered about as that will show me properly if I have lost weight as I didn't weigh in last week because it would have been awful! Ideal scenario 1lb off this week and 2lbs off next week or STS this week and 3lbs off next week :) I'd love to average 2lbs a week - how brilliant would that be!! I've never quite managed that though.

I really fancy those extra crunchy Walkers crisps and a full 150g bag is 35syns. I kind of had it in my mind to use 30 syns on saturday, 20 on Sunday and then 5 a day during the week just so it felt to me like I was having a proper treat at the weekend (I like to use syns on the extras on my Sunday roast like stuffing and yorkshires). I'm tempted to pig out after my tea on saturday which I think will be salmon and salad and have a full bag of those - really piggy of me but it will be planned and will feel like a proper treat.

Things are really quiet at work atm so I'm about to get my meal plan done and shopping ordered.:)

I'm posting my food diary in the hope of avoiding any further disasters today.

B - melon (s)
L - salad (s), noodles, yogurt
S - magic porridge
S - crisps (10 syns), chocolate (8 syns) :mad:
D - vegetables (s), potato, pork

Syns today - 18
Total for Week - 84

Oops, don't worry hun, that really isn't too bad. I've had some major blow outs before where I couldn't even begin to count the syns! So the fact that you have counted them is really good. You have been keeping your syns quite low so far this week anyway and you still have 84 left for the week so I honestly don't think it will have done any harm :) Was it those extra crunchy walkers that you gave in to? Have to admit I managed to munch my way through an entire bag of the Spicy chicken ones before (I think thats what the flavour was?!). Didn't really find them particularly extra crunchy but they were yummy, lol.

Hi Emily :)

I'm having to change my diary for today as I didn't end up with tea and just had nectarines and yogurt. I got home so late I couldn't be bothered to start cooking.

The crisps were a small bag of those kettle ones. I LOVE crisps lol. And Pizza!!!! But you're right it wasn't too bad and I'm pretty much at the end of my week so hopefully weigh in on saturday will be ok. Ohhh I hope it's ok!!!!

B - melon
L - savoury rice, pork chop, stir fry veg (s)
D - Fish pie (fish (s), carrots (s), tomatoes (s), mash). Quark, options (2syns), natural yogurt.
Quavers (4.5 syns)
Chocolate (10 syns)

Total syns - 16.5
Total for week - 100.5

Weigh in tomorrow morning - eeek!! Hope it's not too bad after last week.

Not looking forward to weigh in. I'm pretty sure its going to be a gain even after being 100% this week :( Why oh why oh why did I have to pig out those 4 days!!!!!!!

Good luck with your weigh-in. I can understand how you feel about small losses but everyone is different. I also have had small losses and am so envious of those who have big losses every week but every loss we have is a victory. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment and lack of sleep has a tendency to give people the munchies. By the way what is magic porridge? I am relativly new to the site and to Slimming World though I did do Slimming World before I got married 9 years ago. Have a good weekend.

Jane X

Hi Jane - magic porridge is a portion of porridge soaked in a muller overnight (although I have discovered that a couple of hours is enough). It ends up like those multigrain yogurts that have loads of syns in and I LOVE them. I found a thread on here about it.

2lbs on :mad: I'm literally on the verge of tears. I checked back and out of the last 5 weeks I have had 4 days off plan (last week) and I have now lost a grand total of 4lbs. Why is it so easy for me to put on weight and so hard to lose it!!!

I can't give up though because that would mean accepting that I'm stuck the way I am and I'm not happy like this. :cry:

I'm off out to a friends today for lunch and I've a feeling it might not be pretty.

Hi Charlie, I know how you feel because I put on 2lbs this week as well and hadn't even gone off the plan (though there is a possibility that the medication I am on to lower my cholestrol contributed to that). Don't give up the fight Charlie we are all in this together.
Thanks for telling me about the magic porridge I will try that for breakfast on monday. XX

Last edited:
Arggghhh!!! I have avoided coming on here the last couple of days. :sigh: I ate so much crap on saturday night and yesterday that there is no way I'm going to get a loss this week. I'm going to have to just take each day as it comes and try and stick to plan 100% and see how I get on.

I'm doing ok today so far but will put my final menu on tonight. I don't know why I do it. I love sw food so why when I'm feeling crap do I choose the unhealthy easy stuff. I've gone way over my 105 syns - I'm not even going to add it up!

Yesterday for the first time in a long time the whole family were sat down eating bacon butties together at lunchtime and it was so nice - especially the bacon butties lol. It would have been just as easy to do it without the bread and it be a free meal.

I'm also going to try and be more positive. I feel so stressed atm (I'm waking in the night with butterflies and not being able to get back to sleep) that I'm sure it's just making it too easy for me to say sod the diet to myself. So Im going to try and think that everything is ok and hopefully feeling happier will help me sticking to the healthy food easier.

No more moaning from me all week!!!

I know exactly how you are feeling hun. I'm going through a bit of a down phase at the moment. Weekend was a complete write off too, would dread to think how many syns I've consumed. Really don't want to go to weigh in on Weds.

We should try and help keep each other positive and on track. :)

I'd love that Emily. How have you done today? I've not done too bad but did have a doughnut when I got home from work.

Milk (HeA)
B - magic porridge (HeB)
D - 12 speed soup
S - 2 x nectarines
S - doughnut (10 syns)
D - bacon and onion risotto (yummy and fast becoming a family fav)

Total syns today - 10 syns

Just go to get through the night now without eating anything else.

Okay I have definitely NOT stuck to plan this week. Yesterday I had root canal treatment on one of my teeth and was so hungry by the time I was able to eat something I ended up with a crisp butty AND cake on top of my tea :(

I have had a bit of a revelation over the last couple of days. I have been looking at this as a temporary thing and wanting the weight to come off quickly so I can stop doing it. It's a punishment until I lose weight and then I will be able to start eating "nice" food again. That is so not true. SW food is nice food but because I have been seeing it as a diet I've never really realised that and have been feeling deprived.

My goal today is to really enjoy all the food I'm having. I have made myself a yummy pasta and smoked mackarel salad for lunch with half a melon all cut up ready to munch on through the day. We're having meat balls and tagliatelle for tea :)

My new goal from thisjourney is to learn to enjoy food that is fresh and tasty and to wean myself off the fat and salt laden food. The weight loss will be an amazing side effect :)

I'll post later with my actual food.

Ok I've written off this week and I'm jusu praying it's not a massive gain tomorrow. I'll face weigh in tomorrow and start again. I have 9 weeks until my sons christening and it would be great if I could get my stone award by then.

I'm going shopping this morning. Actually I'm pretty good at getting a good healthy shop it's just nipping to the shop inbetween times and stocking up on crap.

DP made a lovely meatball dish last night and my lunch was yummy but I didn't want the salad so it ended up not being extra easy.

Hiya hun, sorry I've been absent for a while. I had to write off last week too, infact I seem to keep having to write off weeks at the moment! BUt I'm determined to have a good week this week.

I had the exact same revelation after I started SW. I just wanted a quick fix, wanted to lose weight and lose it now. But then as the weeks went by I learned that this new way of eating wasnt all that bad and I was feeling so much better eating all this good food. Now I can see that this is how I should always eat, and it is so easy (except maybe on a really bad day when I still struggle sometimes). But I do sometimes get frustrated at losing weight at snails pace.

I think the ups and downs are all part of losing weight though. You cant expect to be 100% the whole time, especially if you have a lot to lose. You just have to learn to make sure that one bad moment/meal doesnt turn into a bad week. I think I'm just about learning to do that!

I'm sure you can get that stone shiney in time for your sons Christening. If you lost 1lb a week you would lose 9lb, which is fab! You can do it :D

Back