Charliesworld - back to a size 12 journey

2.5lbs - I was expecting 3 so was quite relieved.

Anyway that means I'm back at a 5lb loss. Pretty rubbish since I started in June but if I hadn't been doing this I would be heavier. Got to look at the positives!!

I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic today and really looking forward to trying a new recipe for tea tonight :)

Hi Charlie, Sorry about the gain but today is a new day. Great to hear that you are feeling enthusuastic today. I tried the magic porridge today (yum) and will be having that again. Thanks for telling me about it. Good luck with your new week. X

Thanks Jane :) Magic porridge has become a daily thing for my brekkie - I love it. This forum has given me so many good recipes and ideas.

I have had a GREAT day today. Stuck to plan easily and had yummy food.

B - none as weigh in is at 10
L - gammon, egg, salad (s)
S - magic porridge (HeB)
S - pineapple (s)
D - chinese beef (2 syns), noodles, stir fry veg (s)
Milk (HeA)
Evening treat - quark, options (2 syns), crisps (6.5 syns)

Todays syns - 10.5 - Fab for a saturday :)
Total for week - 10.5

Last edited:
Good day again today.

B - none again
L - chinese beef leftover (2 syns), stir fry veg (s), noodles
S - magic porridge (HeB), cake (7.5 syns)
T - pork, carrots (s), cabbage (s), potato followed by rice pudding (3 syns)

Total today - 12.5 syns
Total for week - 24 syns

Ok before a sabotage today completely I am putting down my food because I've got such a chocolate craving today and writing it down might stop me having more later. Normally I'd buy loads and just stuff my face BUT today I bought a muller and 1 bar of chocolate and REALLY enjoyed it :)

B - Magic porridge (HeB)
S - Tropical Fruit Mix (s), chocolate (8 syns)
L - Carrot (s), lentil (s) and potato soup
S - muller, chocolate (8 syns)
T - bacon, onion (s), tomato (s), mushroom (s), pepper (s) risotto, pineapple (s)

Syns today - 16
Syns for week - 40

Last edited:
Blimey I'm struggling already. I've got the lovely leftovers from last nights risotto for lunch with some salad but I so want a big baguette with something yummy on it :(

Think I'll need to chain myself to the office today!!!

I am sooo proud of myself today. I had a really bad morning and so wanted to go to the shop and buy the contents. So to stop myself I ended up eating my risotto at 10.30. That didn't help so I spent the next couple of hours trying to distract myself THEN I ate my salad and some melon and didn't pig out at all. And to top it all off I've not used any syns so am going to treat myself to some garlic bread to have with my chilli tonight. Not sure whether it'll be one or 2 slices. Have to see how many syns are in it when dp gets home with it. :)

I was a bit peckish when I got home and have had a bit of the kids pasta which is free.

Menu today :)

B - none
Lunchish - risotto
S - salad (s), melon (s)
S - bit of spag bol
D - chilli

Blimey think dp got the garlic bread with the most syns in he could find 12.5 syns eeekkk still was very yummy :)

Syns today 12.5
Syns for week 52.5

Last edited:
Huge well done for not giving in to temptation yesterday hun! Glad you enjoyed the yummy garlic bread :D

Forgot to post last night

Yesterday

B - none
L - jacket potato, salad, chilli
S - blue ribbon (5 syns)
D - jacket potato with butter (3 syns), brocolli, carrot, quorn pepper chicken
S - quark, options (2 syns)

Total syns - 10
For week - lost count lol

Congratulations hun!! 1.5lb is fab, you must be sooo happy :D Losses really help to keep you focused and motivated I find. You have done really well this week :D

Congratulations on your loss Charlie!:) Looks like you had a real battle at times last week but you won. Good luck for this week. X

Aww thanks Ladies. Not been on for a couple of days because I've been poorly with a tummy bug - luckily it's just me and not the kids but dp is away working and I'm having to look after them myself. I took them to the childminders as normal yesterday though and then went back to bed.

Food was good on sunday although I probably went over on my syns a little but then sunday night I started feeling sick with stomach cramps. Lasted all day yesterday and all night but I feel much better today. Haven't eaten much apart from a crisp butty (thought I was feeling better and was craving stodge :( ) around lunch time yesterday. Went over on my syns again.

I'm starving now though and really craving stodge again - probably because I've not eaten. I've brought salad, jacket potato and cottage cheese for lunch so really need to try and stick to that (I really fancy a sausage butty though).

I had a really bad week last week. I came down with a cold on top of the stomach bug I had at the beginning of the week and I felt so lethargic and tired we didn't have a proper meal all week. Poor kids seemed to live of quick meals too. I've only wanted to eat is sandwiches, sweet stuff and have pretty much only eaten cakes and chocolate and stuff. I don't think a piece of fruit passed my lips all week.

I avoided weigh in on saturday so would really like to be able to stick to plan this week but nothing seems to be exciting me food wise. I read loads of stuff on here last night but nothing is jumping out at me :(

I'm off work this week with the kids so hopefully I'll get out and about and get some exercise. I've also not done a shop this week as I need to empty the freezer ready for Christmas so I'm just hoping I'll be able to find some slimming world friendly stuff in there. I'm pretty sure that most of it is anyway.

My plan today so far is

B - magic porridge
L - SW quiche
D - marinated chicken, salad, j potato.
S - fruit salad

Well done getting back on track hun. I go through phases like that too and I just don't feel motivated to cook anything healthy for dinner. Hope you enjoy your time off work with the kids. :)

Hi Emily :)

Had a disasterous day yesterday. Had an appointment with the kids at 9.30 but lost my keys so was so stressed and ended up having to get a lift so was late. We then had playgroup after so we were late again and got home late for lunch. Sorted the kids out with some pasta for lunch then realised I didn't have any eggs for my quiche and was so fed up and couldn't be bothered cooking so had a crisp butty :(

So yesterday was a write off again!! Still today is another day and i have a sore tooth after having the last lot of root canal treatment yesterday aft (going to cost me £200!!!!! and i have no money and have to pay next week - they didn't tell me that before they did it. Why does everything have to happen at once? I just had for fork out £60 for the kids shoes last weekend). Anyway I can't put any pressure on my tooth as it hurts so soup it is for lunch - I've got plenty of carrots so looks like carrot and coriander is on the menu and I've got some mince out for tea. DS has cadets tonight so end up having to do 3 lots of tea and spag bol is the easiest thing to do.

I really want a 100% day today.

Well this week again is a write off and I'll have to miss weigh in as we're having a family day out. I did want o go to get a new starting point. I'm going away for a night with my mum and sisters on monday so I'm going to get back oin track after that.

I really want to get my stone by Christmas and it's still doable!!

Blimey. I was thinking last night and it's been so long since I was on the sw bandwagon. I've been so naughty the last few weeks but I don't think I've put on a horrendous amount so I'm starting again. We're getting close to Christmas time now and there are a few things coming up but I'm planning on doing my best around them. I'm out with friends on saturday and will drive so I only have to worry about food.

I'm taking one day at a time and my first mini goal is to stick to plan until weigh in on saturday - so 3 full days at 100% then facing the music on the gain.

I wish I was better at sticking to this, I could have lost so much weight by now!!!!! :mad: I don't even know why I don't as I love the food but I guess it takes that bit more of an effort to prepare the meals and stuff and if I'm not in the right frame of mind I end up with convenience crap even though the kids always get proper cooked meals :confused:. I need to get my head in gear - I've been doing this for 4 years and although pregnancies have got in the way I should be easily at target by now.

Back