Charliesworld - back to a size 12 journey

charliesworld

Well it's finally time for me to actually start this diary. I joined the site a couple of weeks ago (wow what a fab place!!) whilst on holiday and now I'm back and the kitchen is stocked it's time to restart my journey.

I know sw well and have been a member on and off for the last few years but 4 pregnancies and 2 babies have meant I now weigh nearly my heaviest ever. I have probably managed to lose about 1/2 a stone this year but I want to do better. I joined sw again about 12 or so weeks ago. I'm one of those that lose weight slowly and at 7 weeks I was very happy to have got my half stone award. I then had a really bad week where I had an exam, my dad was away on hols so I was looking after the office single handed so with exam training in the mornings, office in the afternoon, picking the kids up getting them sorted with tea bath and bed and then revising it turned into a week of takeaways and chocolate. I put on 3.5lbs and was gutted - it really felt like I'd just wasted those 7 weeks of sticking to plan. That was 4 weeks ago and I haven't been since not because I was avoiding it but because I was in hospital with one of my sons one week and then we've been on hols the last 3. I will be going again next week and getting a 12 week countdown with my first big goal to be a comfortable size 14 by Christmas.

Forgot to introduce myself lol - I'm Catherine and I have 3 children who are 13, 2 and 1. I work and am usually really organised so can easily get meal plans together its just not giving in to emotional eating and not getting so hungry I grab anything for me that's the key. As a family we're going through some pretty tough times (again!!) so it's going to be difficult but I've scoured the forum for tips and ideas and new recipes and intend to stay here for the duration. My ultimate goal is to get back to the 10 stone as I was in my early 20's but I would be so happy just to get out of the "overweight and obese catagories".

My plan is to post my food diary at the end of each day so will be back later to put it down but I have a big tub of homemade soup for lunch and have a busy day planned at work so no time to sit and persuade myself to go to the shop.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people on here but first impressions are that there seem so many it might take me some time :D

Day 1 done!!

HeA - Milk
Apple
Homemade soup - free
Lasagne, vegetables - 3.5 syns
Quark, options - 2 syns

I don't think I've eaten enough today but I've been busy and it's been an unusual day.

Argghhh bloody internet!! I've not had chance to get back on here because we've had problems with our internet but I lost 1lb at weigh in last week and have pretty much stuck to plan this week so hopefully will get another loss tomorrow. I had a blip on monday night as I was in on my own and ended up getting Dominoes (and it wasn't even 2 for 1 night!! lol).

Tried those salmon fish cakes today from the mag and although we've not eaten them yet they are looking like another nice meal to add to my list. Kids like them and ate all of theirs at tea time :) . Also tried making the houmous today - not sure about my version but I'll try it again with the proper ingredients and see how that is (I didn't have garlic or cayenne pepper so improvised). I made the 12 speed food soup this week too and it was fab and made loads so plenty to last the week.

I'm mega stressed atm with money and job worries but really trying not to let if affect my diet this time (how many times do we have to go through this :mad:). DS is back to school on monday so back to our normal routine.

Congrats on the loss :D Sounds like you have a busy life so it must be hard staying 100% but you seem to be doing really well :)

Once you're in the swing of it all will be well, also kudos to you for making SW friendly meals for your family. It can be harder to lose when every one in the house eats naughty food whilst you're stuck with a plate of pasta.

Well done on your amazing loss this week. Hopefully with the children back at school it'll make things easier for you this week so you can have another great weight loss.

Thanks ladies :)

Had a good day yesterday, salad and leftover fishcakes for lunch and chicken in bacon, chips and beans for tea followed by some chocolate. Snacks were apple, banana and alpen light bars - yummy day!!!! DP even wanted KFC for tea - one of my favs but I was so looking forward to what I had planned I said no and we all enjoyed my sw version :) I was supposed to be making the SW KFC but forgot to buy the chicken bovril doh!

Plan for today - bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans for brunch and sunday dinner (synned stuffing and gravy) for tea followed by rice pudding :) I'm planning on making the most of the weather today and am taking the kids out.

We've a lot going on atm and I'm really feeling the stress. I'm not sleeping properly and feel like just bursting into tears much of the time but I really don't want to add not sticking to my diet making me feel even worse. I promised myself I'd give my 12 week countdown a good try I just hope I dont get to the point where I give up and let myself wallow because that will mean reaching for the bad stuff. :sigh:

Hi and thanks :)

I'm feeling much better today. I work for myself and am pretty much on my own all day so tbh lunch at work isn't a problem. I just make sure I bring enough so I don't get hungry. That way I don't want to go to the shop. My biggest problem time is probably when I get hom efrom work and sorting the kids out. We don't eat until they've gone to bed so there's a big gap between lunch at 12 and out tea at 7-7.30. I'm trying to make sure I eat somthing late afternoon so I'm not starving by the time I get home.

Messed up a bit on sunday as we ended up moving furniture around which was a bit of a pain and we didn't finish until late so ended up with a takeaway. I'm trying to not have any syns until weigh in to make up. Bit annoyed with myself really but I was good yesterday and today I have a massive bowl of the 12 speed food soup for lunch with loads of melon to snack on.

Tea is bacon and onion risotto which is another ne wrecipe I'm trying.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Sorry I don't get much time to mooch around other peoples diaries.

Been good this week :) I've taken inspiration from the fish week thread and had a lovely lunch (smoked mackarel and pasta) and tea (cod with peppers, j pot and veg) yesterday. Weigh in tomorrow - hope I've lost again. It's rare I lose weight 3 weeks running but I think I might have done it this week.

lol it's not rare in general it's rare for me but I did it another 1.5lbs off. Ver happy again and loving the fish meals I've been having. The fish pie last night was yummy. I'm on a fish day off today though and we're having burgers for tea. :D

I have weigh in tomorrow and am not feeling very confident about it. I weighed myself this morning and there's no change from last week. I've had loads of fish meals too. I'm preparing myself because something like this would normally mean I would give up but this week I plan to have a flxi syn night on saturday and treat myself to pizza and crisps. I've worked out it'll be about half my weeks syns but I'm starting to crave a blow out so hopefully this will curb the craving.

Well I pigged out big time yesterday. Funnily enough though when I added the syns up it came to 106. Means I can't have any for the rest of the week though. I had intended to leave some to play with :sigh:

I'd better make sure I keep a proper diary this week.

Plan for today:

Brunch - bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes.
Snack - fruit and hifi bar
Tea - Beef, veg and potatoes with rice pudding for afters

ARGGGHHHH!!!!

I've pigged out this week and eaten my body weight in chocolate. I feel bad about it because I have to face the scales on saturday BUT I have so much stress going on atm and I've not slept properly for ages. It has been building up over the last few weeks so I have allowed myself to wallow in self pity for a few days and have woke up this morning feeling much more positive so in that sense it was a good thing. In the grand scheme of things 3 days off plan is not a complete disaster.

I need to keep my goal of being in a size 14 at the works Christmas do and I reckon I still need lose least another stone to get to that point.

I still have 4 days until weigh in so can do some damage limitation. Just got to resist the urge to cut back on food because in the long term that will not help.

My plan today:
Milk (HeA)
Breakfast - melon
Lunch - smoked mackarel, pasta, salad
Snack - yogurt, hifi bar (HeB)
Dinner - chicken in bacon, salad

Hiya hun, just found your diary. Sounds like you have been having a bit of a rollercoaster recently, which I can really relate to. But you are doing really well, your losses have been really good so far. Don't worry too much about your bad days, just draw a line under it and hop back on plan again :D

If you have a gain at weigh in then at least you will know why and you can just write it off as a bad week. We all have them, I know I certainly do. I have days when I just really cant be bothered making a salad for lunch or would love a few biscuits (or a whole packet!!) with my cup of tea.

Keep up the good work hun, and fingers crossed for your next weigh in :D

Thank you Emily - thats just what I needed to hear today. :)

My intention initially was to have no syns until weigh in but that's not going to happen. I managed it yesterday but today have used 2 already. I have jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad for lunch followed by yogurt. But I have sausage and mash planned for tea which is another 4 syns. I think the best way forward is to put the weekend behind me and just carry on as normal with my 5-10 syns a day.

I'm praying weigh in isn't too bad this week but I'm not looking forward to it at all. 2 days to go!

Ok there is no way I'm going to weigh in this week. My scales show I've put on about 5lbs and if I have that confirmed it'll really knock my confidence plus it'll be there in black and white for evermore. And I promised I'd go with dp to Nottingham today so I can use that as an excuse :).

I keep waking up at 4 in the morning (I'm really tired because of it!) and because I've got so much stuff going on (with work and dp and being so down about my weight) I end up not being able to sleep. Sooooo this morning I was really wound up about letting myself down this week and I really was feeling awful SO I came up with a plan that this week all my meals and snacks as far as I can will be speed or superspeed foods. I went through my meal plan and tweeked a few things. I'm getting a picnic together today to take with us so we don't end up buying lunch. I'm making sandwiches for the kids and salad with lentil and cheese wedges for me and dp.

My promise to myself this week is that I will put my food diary on here every night, I'm going to measure my healthy extras and stick to 5 syns a day where I can but never going over 10.

I will stick to plan this week - going off plan REALLY makes me feel bad and I need to remeber this.

OK so I broke my own promise yesterday lol but it's ok. We had a day out and I enjoyed a cupcake with the family. It was about the same size as the large tesco chocolate muffins so I'm guessing 25 syns

Food yesterday:
B - Banana
L - Lentils (S), Salad (S)
S - Cupcake (25 syns)
D - Lamb Rogan Josh Curry, Rice, Onion Bhajis (5 syns).
HeA - Cheese

(I'd already got the ingredients for last nights tea before deciding on the speed food thing so had to stick to it).

I'm thinking about getting a cross trainer for the house. I don't want to waste my money but I do find it hard to do regular exercise with having the little ones with me all the time I'm not working and it's not really practical for me to do the DVDs I have. The one I've seen is £100 and is a cross trainer and bike in one and doesn't look too big so I could fit it in the bedroom. The situation we're in atm I really shouldn't be spending extra money but I'm so frustrated with my slow weight loss it could give me the boost I need. Argghhh what to do!! What to do!!!

I thnk I'm going to have to flexi syn this weekend.

B - Banana
L - lentil (s) and cheese (HeA) bake, salad (s)
S - 2 x Alpen Lights (HeB)
D - chicken (s), carrots (s), cauliflower (s), beans (s), potato, gravy (5syns?), stuffing (10syns?), yorkshires x 2 (6syns). Strawberries (ss), yogurt.

Total syns today -21
Total for Week - 51

Last edited:
Well done getting back on plan this week hun. I always find that I want to eat more at the weekend so I usually save my syns for then and have fewer during the week, so your food diaries are looking good. The speed/superspeed thing is a really good idea, hopefully it will help boost your weightloss and you will start to feel happier about your weight. I get very down about my weight at times too, then end up pigging out on bad things, then I feel even worse. Its a vicious cycle, but being on Slimming world helps so much and once you start to see that weight coming off there will be no stopping you! :D

I think the exercise bike/cross trainer is a really good idea. I have an exercise bike in my living room and it is one of the best things I've ever bought, definitely worth the money. I can just jump on and cycle away while I watch tv. I hate going to gyms and my house isn't really big enough to be jumping around doing exercise DVDs so it is perfect. If your bedget can stretch to it I would really recommend going for it. Anything that will help boost you weight loss and keep you fit and healthy has to be worth it :D

Back