Chat, chat, chat week to week

Hellooooo....
Definitely a good idea to make a new post so we don't overwhelm your diary. I don't really have much to talk about today...haven't been out-obviously LOL. Haven't done much really. It's so hard to be motivated to do things when I know I'm stuck at home for ages. I keep meaning to pick up my knitting but haven't yet managed it. I did do some skincare though. I have so much stuff I brought back from Korea I need to use it more.
How's everyone doing?

Heya :)

haha no, Full Corona Lockdown doesnt give much adventure options, does it haha. We obviously haven't done a lot today either. Tidied a bit. Yesterday seeded our lawn, which was a bit much I think cause feeling very weak today. I wish there was another adult here so I could get away from my daughter just for five minutes. Getting a bit intense now lol

I've been a single mum for 9 years...I'm glad mine are older now-the youngest are 9 and 11. Two of the older ones got stuck here when we went into lockdown as they were coughing so that helps a lot, especially when i was in hospital. It's hard with a really young one.

How do you mean stuck there? Do they not usually live there? Sounds like you've got your hands full either way hahaha. Busy busy!
Yes one lives with her Dad usually and the other lives alone. My eldest lives with her boyfriend and my 19 year old was at uni when all this happened so she went home with her friend as I was already sick by then. (I have 6 altogether)

I'm here!

Well I had my WW meal tonight meaning the freezer is now at 95% capacity and not 100% and it got me thinking actually, that if there was an shortage of electric for any reason, I would lose all that food SO I think, my plan going forward will be to attempt to eat what I can out the freezer and save the diet chef (evening meals only) until needed. They don't have to be in the fridge you see.
Anyway, I had a parcel delivered today and it was a diet plate (you know one of those which tells you how much you can have in this half, how much in this quarter etc!

That sounds very methodical!! Good plan, batman. Ohhh the eatwell plate? I think I've seen that before. Another good idea.

I'm really pissed off because I'm starving and I've not eaten anything but the planned stuff. I'm out of ketosis for no reason whatsoever. Super unimpressed with new style Cambridge. This never used to happen and it's happened a few times but this is the worst. I'm almost finished with week two, this should not be happening. Moan moan moan. In two.minds about not carrying on with it and maybe doing this exante thing next week instead. Hugely cheaper too!

Can you do any product combination a day (3 products) and still stay in ketosis or do you have to pick certain ones? Was looking at pick a selection from the fifty for fifty five thing maybe. I guess it doesn't work out much cheaper if you have to have the protein meal every day too.

hmmmmmmm. Maybe I'll try one more week Cambridge and see. This diet was only ever good for the lack of hunger symptoms.

Hey fellow night owl. Yes the eatwell plate is a VERY good idea... but will I use it?! Or will it find it's way into the deepest darkest cupboard left in the corner?!
Hang on, deep breath. You always get a smaller loss in week 2 though don't you. Remember, LONG TERM PICTURE!
Are you asking me about Exante? I haven't done it (just know someone who did it) but I would stick with Cambridge. Reason I am saying that is because now I know that I am off CD, I am slowly tempted by things I wasn't 2 days ago. The milkshake on diet chef is to be made with 250ml of skimmed milk! I was shocked, but it actually isn't that many calories..
Stick at it, honestly because you might think you aren't losing weight but surely this way is better than the junk you normally eat.
Tough love ok?

I found I wasn't in ketosis with the new CD and they don't market that as a benefit anyway anymore. I found it so much harder to stick to than the original CD. I would get hungry more often and would cheat. I find with Exante I do go into ketosis and it makes it easier to stick to. I believe there is a version of CD that uses different packs which are more comparable to the old style ones but I think it's more expensive than what you're currently doing. I'm doing 4 Exante packs a day (it used to be 3 a while ago but I always had 4 anyway)

Oh I forgot to say it can be any combination of products but I tend to stay away from the bars as they're very very tempting and if I have them I will eat 3 in one go. You may be OK with them. I was the same with CD bars too. Just too nice.

Oh I forgot to say it can be any combination of products but I tend to stay away from the bars as they're very very tempting and if I have them I will eat 3 in one go. You may be OK with them. I was the same with CD bars too. Just too nice.

I used to half my bars and stick one half in the freezer lol.

Hey fellow night owl. Yes the eatwell plate is a VERY good idea... but will I use it?! Or will it find it's way into the deepest darkest cupboard left in the corner?!
Hang on, deep breath. You always get a smaller loss in week 2 though don't you. Remember, LONG TERM PICTURE!
Are you asking me about Exante? I haven't done it (just know someone who did it) but I would stick with Cambridge. Reason I am saying that is because now I know that I am off CD, I am slowly tempted by things I wasn't 2 days ago. The milkshake on diet chef is to be made with 250ml of skimmed milk! I was shocked, but it actually isn't that many calories..
Stick at it, honestly because you might think you aren't losing weight but surely this way is better than the junk you normally eat.
Tough love ok?

Hey Ben
Wasn't talking about loss but how **** I feel. I can go months doing 100% on this diet, its by no means about motivation or weight - I havent even been weighed - but the old style, once you were in ketosis, if you ate what you should have you stayed in it and you didnt have migraines and starvation pains for going into starvation mode because your body switches to using its fat stores for fuel. Hence the lack of hunger. Mine keeps switching between carb fuel and fat fuel because the new products are higher content. And its shite. I'm not prepared to feel starved and to suffer to be skinny. That isnt a mental/emotional pattern and association I am prepared to embrace - thats an eating disorder. Its not tough love to starve yourself. Its mentally very, very damaging. I can do a different diet and eat better than I did if this one isnt going to do what its supposed to with ketosis. Thanks for trying to help though. Exante is exactly the same as CD from what I can see. Was asking Bluebell :)

I found I wasn't in ketosis with the new CD and they don't market that as a benefit anyway anymore. I found it so much harder to stick to than the original CD. I would get hungry more often and would cheat. I find with Exante I do go into ketosis and it makes it easier to stick to. I believe there is a version of CD that uses different packs which are more comparable to the old style ones but I think it's more expensive than what you're currently doing. I'm doing 4 Exante packs a day (it used to be 3 a while ago but I always had 4 anyway)

I spoke to my consultant and she said they're not "allowed" to say about ketosis anymore but their clients usually do go into ketosis but it can take about two weeks. Feck that. If you dont go in straight away, why the hell would you after 2 weeks? Yes, they do TDR, which is 150 calories instead. I was looking at the carb content of the exante products and the carb content of the ones I have here. Some are the same and others are different. I guess I could keep to the same carb content ones on cabridge but I am still paying more money. GAHHHHH why can't it just bloody work properly. I'm pissed at the consultant. She knew what I was expecting from it and she didnt say a word until I mentioned it after giving money.

If im in ketosis I'm alright for temptation. I always knew more than one bar might knock me out cause they were higher carb on cd. I just looking and I can get 25 days of 4 products a day on exante for £100 (100 porducts). Its £70 for 28 products a week on CD and I cant have a proper consultant anyway cause of lockdown so if you think theyre comparable for taste, then I think I am sold. I will persist with this diet until they arrive/I run out of products.

What of them do you need a microwave for? I don't have one you see....

Back