cheap alternative to lighter life/ cambridge

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by cc28, 11 May 2008 Social URL.

1. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Hi I would like to lose weight using ketosis because it is safe and quick but i cannot afford the food packs. Does anyone know of any packs I can pick up at the supermarket that will produce results.

Please dont say that I will save money by not eating conventional food! I would not as I do not buy lots of convenience foods or takeaways. I tend to buy whole foods and cook up big meals for my family in bulk.

As for the naughties, a loaf of bread andbutter and packet of biscuits hee and there does not add up to £30 odd a week. I would love to do a structured programme but simply cannot spend that sort of money.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    You wont be able to buy any packs from a supermarket- with Lighter life you have to be approved by a doctor and with both diets they must be monitored

4. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    No sorry the only ones I know are LL, Cambridge and Lighter Life and they will all cost at least £30 per week. If you're cooking healthy foods then it may be best going along the ww points system.

5. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Hey... there is a "cheaper" option called Lipotrim which is available from pharmacies... Also, there is one called W8, formerly Weight matters. I think it is the same concept (without the counselling of course)... Google them and see what you find. Good luck x

6. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Kellie - Hows RtM going? x

7. lottie

lottie Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I think Lipotrim is still £11 for 7 packs - so if you need 4 a day that's £44 a week.

I looked into them all, as I don't spend £66 a week either (I do a lot of cooking), but in the end LL was the only one that was going to address the problem instead of just temporary remove it, so I opted for that.

You would probably be better doing WW's or Slimming World if money is an issue. However; what I tell myself is that I would do anything to be slim and if £66 a week is the price someone has put on it then so be it! I'll be saving money when I can shop in Primark instead of Evans!!!

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Slim fast is almost the same and much much cheaper. I've done it twice before and Wannabeslim has just switched to it from CD

9. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

You can get into ketosis just by eating a very low carb / high protein diet.

Try looking at atkins or pig2twig for ideas.

10. INTHESUMMEROF69

INTHESUMMEROF69 Full Member

W8 is 49 pounds a week thats 4 packs aday the group meetings . cheapest way is CD , thats cambridge diet , thats if your looking for fast results

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Slimfast is nowhere near the same. You will not be in ketosis with slimfast and it isn't a total meal replacement.

12. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Atkins will get you into ketosis ... you'll be eating normal food, and if you work out what you're having carefully can eat nearly the same as the family.

13. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Heya,

As KD says, Slimfast is not the same concept as you are not in ketosis and cannot use it as complete meal replacement. But, if you can balance 1 meal a day (600 cals), then if you use Slimfast for breakfast and lunch you can lose 1-2lbs a week (more in week 1 quite often). I think what Taz meant was that it is similar in the sense that the Slimfast plan is shake-based, but thought I would clear up that issue.

If you are interested in Slimfast you can get Buy on get one free in Tesco at the moment at about £5 a tin which does 12 meals, so on BOGOF you get 24 meals for a fiver. Now that IS cheap! x

14. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Thank you, some very interesting and helpful replies. Loved the one about shopping in Primark over Evans!

Oh and LighterLifeClaire I ahve not been around for a while and totally shocked by the change in you. You still look pretty, actually really pretty now and tiny!

15. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Yes that is what I meant. Thanks for that

16. Corey

Corey longs to be average!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Following a low GI diet, using the Collins Gem GI book for £3.99 (ISBN: 0-00-721139-2) a really good book, that can even fit into your handbag, gives you details on pretty much every food, even fast food - I've been studying it ready for when I go into the big wide world of food on my own, it's my bible, and wouldn't be without it!

17. Ladyjan

Ladyjan Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.