cheap recipes for big family dinner!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by kt_leahy, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. kt_leahy

kt_leahy Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.62%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Hi, first post :) LOVE this website!

I'm cooking for about 8 people next weekend and want something as low syn and cheap as possible! I'm thinking probably chicken is the way to go but any ideas of something good to do?

I want something a bit more interesting than bog standard hunters chicken or spag bol, and also something that will appeal to my grandma (not spicy!!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. laetissimus

laetissimus Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slimming world beef bourginon off website is delish :) x

4. CornishPisky

CornishPisky Full Member

One of my favourite things is what I suppose you'd call a chicken traybake. Basically chicken pieces, (skin off yours of course!) & low or no syn sausages, & bags of chopped red onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic (optional) new potatoes (if red day, measure yours), plus anything else you fancy, spray with frylight, sprinkle over some dried mixed herbs & bake/roast in the oven at about Gas 5/6, 190 degrees C, (sorry dont know F degrees) for about 1hr - 1hr 20 til chicken cooked. Turn it all over, using a fishslice every so often, to ensure it all browns. Can make this as big or small as you like, add whatever you like, & its scrummy!

5. kt_leahy

kt_leahy Member

Start Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.62%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Both sound great, thanks!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.