cheat meal this week - effect on weight loss?

I honestly think you would feel better avoiding the meal you described. Do you reaaaaaaally want to go through those first few days again?! I know I couldn't! Think about why you're doing it and think if it will really taste THAT good. Like other's have said, go for an SS+ meal - they taste incredible after so long on SS!

Good luck and I hope you make the best choice for yourself x

I think this the most ridiculous thread a plan cheat meal. I'm sorry but it really annoys me and why are we discussing this if your going to cheat and it's a one off mistake and you regret it then carry on feeling bad draw a line move on. BUT to actually plan to cheat is stupid the fact we are on here tells me where over weight and want to loss weight and be happy and healthy. I can not understand why people are saying its ok to do this if that's what you want to do do it. You asking our approval and advice only tells me your not confident enough to do it and want us to say yes it's ok to do this. Well I'll be honest it's not ok and I think NO you should not do this.

I'm sorry if this offends you or anyone else

How dare you call this thread ridiculous??? i'm not asking ANYONE'S approval, i'll have the meal whether others tell me its right or not. i'm putting the thread up there as i'm contemplating a cheat meal to try and keep me on track, i'm wondering whether to not have a full on meal early on in my weight or just have something small. i 've done really well so far, stuck to SS for 4 weeks (soon to be 5) and i'm planning a treat for myself to keep me on track in the hope it stops me from bingeing later down the line, something i've had issues with in the past.

by putting this thread up, others have actually been kind enough to give me constructive feedback and i feel a lot happier in making an educated choice of treat which won't throw me completely off course. I have EVERY right to put threads up like this and shouldn't have them called ridiculous. although SS is supposed to be 100%, I am a human being and cannot completely suppress my wanting food. Forums like this help me to make good choices and keep me on track, attitudes like yours disgust me, how are people supposed to deal with eating habits if food/cheat talk were not open for discussion. if you can't give constructive criticism and if it annoys you so much, why bother posting in the first place??? and who are you to tell me its NOT ok to cheat, for goodness sake, if i need a break, I'll have a break.

Dont do it!! Once you have one cheat
You will plan another . If you want to cheat why be on Cambridge ?? Wouldn't a diet like slimming world suit you more?? I'm on week six and haven't cheated once, sure I've been tempted but the whole point of this is to stick with it and be strong. Why don't you treat yourself by buying some shoes or a bag or even have a pamper at a beauty salon. The Cheat day will only set you back, and after you've eaten you may feel guilty and prob wish you hadn't plus it's getting back in to ketosis. I'm sure you will gain from that meal as your body will gain water that why you slowly go up the stages. Don't mean to sound harsh but think you should have a think about what you really want from this diet.

I totally disagree just because someone wants a planned day off doesnt mean they're more suited to SW. Like I said I'm having a week off for a holiday. It doesn't mean I'm any less focused and I'll be back on plan again 100% after it.

In an ideal world we'd all stick to plan the whole time but sometimes real life gets in the way. Just bevause you make allowances for that doesn't mean you should change diets

I suppose it's just we're all doing this diet because we have weight issues so to plan a cheat is defeating the whole point of ss. That's just my opinion and I thought would be good to see a range of different ones after all were all individuals :) plus costs a lot. I personally know if I did it once id continue to want to treat myself through out this diet and in the long run its like a yoyo diet and takes longer to get to goal. I always used to treat myself after a hard day at work with bad food and this is what has got me into the situation im in now.

I think its a fair question to be asking seeing as its not in the 100% thread and that comment was slightly harsh although you are allowed to give your opinion too after all ss is NO food. I have done 12 weeks now not one single cheat but not everyone s like that, when i started this diet i had a planned a weekend off that wud of been at week 8 but as i got nearer the time i decided for myself that it was not what i wanted to do because i didnt trust myself enough to get back on plan and my head was finally in the right place didnt want to ruin it, some people however have the ability to have a planned break and come off to get straight back on again they are lucky =D. my advise is to not to say dont do it cos thats your choice i wud however suggest that think more about what you have planned to eat its not the best choice for while you are still on the diet its sounds more like a planned binge session alot of us doing this diet have had to fight with our inner binge eater so you have to understand when someone is planning a binge while on diet it may upset a few people.
Either way hun whatever you do im sure you will be back ontrack straight after just dont let the scales upset ja if they are not very nice to you that week =D Best of luck

I think everyone does any diet there way, you need to make it work for you. If you feel the need to have treat and that it will help you then thats what you should do. Just remember how hars the first few days are. Good luck whatever you do

My take on it is that there are different reasons to break from the diet - the situation that Starlight discussed for example, or your planned meal. I would say that the situation Starlight discussed is done for practical reasons and to make sure that she is not missing out on experiences and the other reasons that she stated. However, I would tend to agree with Yolande, it sounds more like a planned binge session. I think that one of the things to think about is how you are going to treat food after the diet and trying to break the connection with food as a reward. In which case, it may be a bad idea and just make your life more difficult. However, as you say, it may prevent a binge later on. As someone who is generally a binge eater, I am actually feeling stronger with every day on ss (day 61) and the strictness works to keep my bingeing under control. I used the option of ss+ to get me through the first 4 weeks but after that was not bothered with food and am now verging on terrified about my 810 week next week. The forums are littered with people who have both had a planned break and got straight back on or had a break and not managed to. I guess you have to decide if it's worth the risk and which person you are most likely to be. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

I personally wouldn't do it, but see where your coming from in the sense that u want "a break"... If i feel like that i would only do ss+ for a couple days in a week and have that satisfaction that i ate something nice but can still loose 4lb and stay on track. Im going to a wedding Friday and i may eat, but only Ss+.

In terms of the chocolate,have u tried the CD bars? choc chewy and peanut crunchy are lovely and one of those would be a much better choice than the chocolate from the shops!

We can only give our opinions as this is your weightloss / your journey... But really think about it, try ur best to make good choices if u do eat, and get back on it straight away...

How much have u lost so far? And have u tried Ss+?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

I think what people may have issues with is another thread where someone is asking if "cheating" (I hate that term) will affect their weight loss. Of course it will but you are an adult and if having a meal off the plan is what you want then that's up to you.

I think people should do the diet however they like but remember it won't work unless followed correctly. In my opinion if people try and bend the rules or find ways to cheat it won't work and long term it may be harder to keep the weight off

thanks for the responses everyone! yolande and annieannie - yes it does read like a binge session (!) which is why i'm glad i actually posted on this because reading it back i can see how much 'bad' food was involved! i think i'm going to opt for a more suitable 'treat' possibly along the lines of an SS+ or 810 recipe even with a little bit of chocolate thrown in :) both your weight losses are fantastic by the way and yolande - well done on not opting for the weekend break, that's really good going. to be honest i dont really know how i feel about the actual meal anymore, it's not as if i'm hungry or craving anything that bad that i HAVE to have it so maybe i will knock it on the head or even postpone it for a while. i've done well so far so like a lot of you have said, why spoil it?

carleen - i tried the bars and hated them :( really gutted as i had hoped that they would be good for me, not just for the chocolate part but mainly for convenience more than anything! ive lost 17lbs so far so really pleased with my loss which is why i was umming and arring about having a treat early on really as i've just got into the 10s which i'm over the moon about. i had originally planned the treat meal for thursday after my weigh in so i suppose if i have a good weigh in I'll want to keep it going on just SS and if i have a bad weigh in, i'll be more determined to stick to SS for another month! xx

lumpyandbumpy said:
thanks for the responses everyone! yolande and annieannie - yes it does read like a binge session (!) which is why i'm glad i actually posted on this because reading it back i can see how much 'bad' food was involved! i think i'm going to opt for a more suitable 'treat' possibly along the lines of an SS+ or 810 recipe even with a little bit of chocolate thrown in :) both your weight losses are fantastic by the way and yolande - well done on not opting for the weekend break, that's really good going. to be honest i dont really know how i feel about the actual meal anymore, it's not as if i'm hungry or craving anything that bad that i HAVE to have it so maybe i will knock it on the head or even postpone it for a while. i've done well so far so like a lot of you have said, why spoil it?

carleen - i tried the bars and hated them :( really gutted as i had hoped that they would be good for me, not just for the chocolate part but mainly for convenience more than anything! ive lost 17lbs so far so really pleased with my loss which is why i was umming and arring about having a treat early on really as i've just got into the 10s which i'm over the moon about. i had originally planned the treat meal for thursday after my weigh in so i suppose if i have a good weigh in I'll want to keep it going on just SS and if i have a bad weigh in, i'll be more determined to stick to SS for another month! xx

I guess everyone has different taste buds... i couldn't wait to chew the peanut crunchy today.Lol.

Well done for ur loss, Ive lost 18lb so far. U will be at ur goal weight so so soon if u stick to plan Ss/Ss+ . Then as u work up the steps to stablisation and u are finished, u can treat urself in Moderation. I think at the end of this when ur totally finished and u want to treat urself, u wouldn't list all of those things in ur first post. After doing cd we would think differently about food.

I guess everyone has different taste buds... i couldn't wait to chew the peanut crunchy today.Lol.

Well done for ur loss, Ive lost 18lb so far. U will be at ur goal weight so so soon if u stick to plan Ss/Ss+ . Then as u work up the steps to stablisation and u are finished, u can treat urself in Moderation. I think at the end of this when ur totally finished and u want to treat urself, u wouldn't list all of those things in ur first post. After doing cd we would think differently about food.

i agree with rethinking our attitudes towards food, my CDC also said that tastebuds tend to change during the course of CD too so she said i might even start liking the bars after another month or so! i guess time will tell on that one but i would try them again to see if there's a difference. also, i plan to follow Slimming world when i near my goal on cambridge so i've started looking at recipes on there to try and look forward to healthy meals instead of just dreaming about naughty grub! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
i agree with rethinking our attitudes towards food, my CDC also said that tastebuds tend to change during the course of CD too so she said i might even start liking the bars after another month or so! i guess time will tell on that one but i would try them again to see if there's a difference. also, i plan to follow Slimming world when i near my goal on cambridge so i've started looking at recipes on there to try and look forward to healthy meals instead of just dreaming about naughty grub! x

Yes do try it, u might fall in love with some of them..When coming off CD be careful about going to another diet straight away eg SW or WW. I've heard some people have put on weight. Im not sure of the ins and outs of how they did so but just look into it beforeand :). Maybe they didn't follow CD steps to stablisation as my cdc said its very important.

Yes do try it, u might fall in love with some of them..When coming off CD be careful about going to another diet straight away eg SW or WW. I've heard some people have put on weight. Im not sure of the ins and outs of how they did so but just look into it beforeand :). Maybe they didn't follow CD steps to stablisation as my cdc said its very important.

If people go straight to WW/SW without refeeding etc first then they usually have a gain but it tends to only be the first week and its mostly water and they start losing from week 2 :)

Hi starlight, I will be doing exactly the same as you this weekend, my 9yr old niece is coming to stay for Easter and she too is very influenced by what I do! She is tiny and does not enjoying eating so the last thing I am going to do is encourage her to become conscious about diet etc because of what I am doing! I dont see this as a cheat weekend, if anything I am finding it quite difficult to accept that I am going to have to come off track for a few days. I only see her twice a year so really it's no biggy to have to have a diet free weekend. I see Cambridge as a life style change, weight loss is a journey and over time should completed re-educate us. If you fall off the wagon or even planned too, you will most likely learn that it was not worth it, didn't taste as good as you thought or maybe realis

Realise that you can have a break and get straight back to work. People diet for different reasons, some for medical some for mental whichever it is, I really don't think anyone has the right to criticise your way way of coping with such an extreme diet. Positive advice helping others to focus is great but calling someone's motives ridiculous I think is out of order! .....

If you have nothing nice to say... Then don't say anything at all!! ?

thanks for the post noodle, i think you've summed it up brilliantly there. nobody has the right to be criticised as you say, CD is a massive lifestyle change and I'm determined to follow it through, even to the point where i've turned down invitations for nights out recently to see the diet through. i know i can go out and have water but i did that for 3 wkends in a row when i initially started and i dont think i can cope with any more social occasions for a little while now!!

if i feel that I need a treat to help me refocus then that's what i'll do, although i'll prob just decide after my weigh in this week whether i do really want it or whether it would be a waste. as you said, it might not even taste that good and i suppose for a lot of people that may actually be the case! x

We are basically trying to learn to eat what we like when we need to in moderation!!! Unfortunately we have all had to take drastic measures to get to the size we want first! There is no law to how we do it and in what time scale! Just a diet to follow with rules to help us achieve what we want. This forum is supposed to be for people to chat about the diet for help and advise and voice how the diet is making us feel, crave etc x and of course our achievements to encourage others that it does work for all us normal people!!! X I bet you don't eat all you planned as you probably won't be able too for a start as your body may have a bit of a shock plus the next day I think you will not like how bloated you feel! But only you will know how at the end of the day and good for you for saying what you are thinking x x x x

Back