Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

It's good she's got someone with her, hope your mum is ok. And I'm sure your mum as a mother and having gone through what she has won't let them get away with anything. I'm a bit like that, I always manage to ask the doctors the one question they don't want you to ask, I can see them squirm ha ha ha. You've helped as much as you can and she knows you'd do anything to help if you could but there's not a lot anyone can do until the doctors sort her out.
I think we all have our guilty pleasures, I think mine would have to be the Twilight films, I don't know how many times I've seen them but I watch them every time they're on, poor Ian has to watch them as well ha ha ha.
You did well to curb your craving for chocolate :D x x x

I only had one Alpen in the end. Started to feel a bit sick from food overload!! Bluerg

Mum and Rachelle are home now. She's had quite a cocktail of drugs!! They gave her paracetamol, ibuprofen, diazepam, and oramorph (oral liquid morphine). Not done a thing!! The Dr's sent her home with some diazepam and advice that if she cannot urinate or poop to go back. Wow :confused: So basically, just if she has symptoms of nerve damage/dysfunction?! FFS!

I've said she should call her GP tomorrow and see if they can prescribe anything else or if they want to see her. I'm off work so can help out.

Oh I like the Twilight films and books too. Against my better judgement ;) Besides, not everything we watch or read needs to be award winning and intellectual!! That would be rather boring :p

Just remembered that Skoda are giving me 7 days free insurance with the car so I don't have to last minute sort it. I can literally call up when I've handed my old car over and cancel the current insurance can't I? Or before if I have an actual, set in stone date?
I really do need to bite the bullet and call Green Flag. This issue has finally caught up with the "future Kelly" I left it for. Need to stop doing that ;)

Poor Rachelle. I hope she got through the night OK.

The 7 days free insurance seems to be fairly common these days - we got it with our Vauxhall last year. It does make life a bit easier because it means the garage can deal with the car tax without having to wait for you to arrange the insurance and take the statement down to them. We nearly failed to get a car on the day we'd arranged because of a delay with the insurance - back in the old days when there was no internet. Although it wouldn't have mattered if we'd had to wait a day or two, it would have been a bit of a let down. Talking of car insurance - I've had a quote from my current insurer which is more than double that of the cheapest I've found (the AA with free breakdown cover). Unfortuately, I've got to phone the current one to stop the automatic renewal as they won't accept an email. I think that is so wrong - they should want confirmation of continuation, not confirmation of cancellation. I'm going to have make a very rare call and it's going to be a real struggle. Sigh.

I wonder why we feel that watching a soap or reading a 'trashy' novel should be a guilty pleasure?! I've read quite a few prize-winning books and have found most of them disappointing. I wonder if it's because I just want a simple story which uses the imagination, rather than something 'clever' or which requires a bit of thinking about? I don't want to have to think - I'm reading for relaxation!

You did well yesterday with your food - great that you recognised you'd had enough rather than eating the second Alpen 'just because you could'. And saved Syns - bonus!

Hey Patty!
I've been up with Rachelle for a few hours because she's vomiting quite a lot :( We sat upstairs for a bit and then came down. I made her a heat pack and some tea and we sat half watching tv for a bit. Just helped her back upstairs because she's gone all weird and woosey. God it's awful!! We had to deal with more vomit along the way. I've left her to try and sleep, but I do keep checking she's breathing ok and not been sick in her sleep.
She's worried about not peeing very much. But she has been vomiting a lot, not drinking much, and she takes meds to dampen the need to pee (actually diabetes insipidus meds ;)) So I said it's probably a lot of things having an effect. She's also painful around her abdomen because of it being lower back pain, so her bladder could be being a bit shy too. I see that a lot on work. Dogs with pain who just wont pee because it's too painful!

A renewal quote more expensive?! That's awful!! I think I've been lucky and Aviva seem to really like me as they're consistently the lowest cost and really good cover! It's so hit and miss for people though isn't it? The companies my friends are with, Axa, Sheila's Wheels, and Admiral are all crazy prices for me, like over £2000! And Aviva want £300 for the Citigo :confused:
Car insurance makes NO sense lol.
I completely agree that contact with companies should be altered. There must be so many people who struggle making phone calls, for whatever reason, and would find email easier. Absolute pain in the a*se!
I don't like this automatic renewal nonsense either!!

I think I'm more of a "snob" when it comes to tv and films than I am with books. I probably haven't read many award winning "intellectual" books really. Some, but not many. And also hardly any classics ;) But, saying that, I have a love of animation and will also happily watch a silly comedy! I agree that it would be very boring if we just read and watched the things we think we should!

I'm really glad I got through yesterday without reaching for the comfort and junk food. I ate a LOT of food, but all SW and lots of super free.

It sounds awful for Rochelle :( sound as though she should have stayed in hospital poor thing, is anyone seeing her today? Are you ok too? Must be very tiring for you, especially as you've not been good yourself.
I think all sorts of companies do it no, I think they hope people will forget or won't be bothered cancelling, naughty really.
I am a bit of a snob when it comes to reading, love the classics, anything historical and anything that makes me think. I have read some silly books too usually after reading a really heavy one as a way of a break. I'm not much of a TV watcher, like cooking programmes, natural history and a handful of shows. Usually Ian watches what he wants and I read, crochet or play on the internet.
I hope you all have a better day than yesterday if that's possible and you get something sorted for Rochelle, sending you all hugs x x x x

Anyone seeing her? As in medical? No, just been told to watch for nerve signs and to get on with it really.

I'm ok. Just very tired and very painful. My shoulder and neck pain has kicked off. Feels like something is trying to chew its way out of my shoulder blade :( Taking painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but I know they never work. Got to at least try tho! Think I'll take an extra amitriptyline tonight.

Rachelle (it's with an a, she'd kill you for calling her Rochelle ;)) has a bit more movement today and she's slept off the worst of the dopeyness. At least for now. Got a med plan for this evening ;)

I managed to do some revision before and looked up the answers to 3 of the exams I need to do and a few practical oral questions. One of the exams is on petty cash systems. Good God I couldn't care less :p One of the questions is "What is the practice petty cash protocol?" Haven't a clue! Stupid exams....
So just need to get the answers for the last one then I can start revising and hopefully get a couple done when I'm doing a normal shift next week. I'm only in Friday afternoon because of stand down so might email my boss in advance and make sure the work laptop is available for me.

So tired *yawn*
Food to follow.....x

Food's been good today. Had my veggie breaky for lunch. Used half a HexA, a HexB, and 1 syn.
I picked Mum up from work and we did some shopping at Morrison's. I bought stuffs to make ratatouille. Even bought a yellow courgette to try. Does it taste any different from a regular courgette?! Does it hell :p
Anyway, I roasted the veg - red onion, red, orange, and yellow peppers, yellow courgette, and orange cherry tomatoes.
The sauce I made with chestnut mushrooms, garlic, and a carton of chopped tomatoes.
It's made quite a lot, so got a couple of portions to keep. Tonight's I had with Quorn mince, giant tagliatelle, cheese, and salad. No syns and HexA2.

Evening snack: 2 Alpen Lights HexB2
Small bowl of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with an Activia.

Syns used: 1
Syns saved: 50. WOW!! Should definitely have enough for my off plan/work rebellion day on Monday now ;) Feels SO good to be eating filling, healthy food though and not stuffing chocolate and junk in my face at every opportunity!

Last edited:
Mmm - food sounds lovely.

Petty cash protocol? I wonder why you need to know that! What weird things your course covers - no wonder you're not impressed with it.

Hope you and Rachelle both improve. Has the vomiting stopped? If she's being sick the medicines won't work properly will they (because they're not in the body)? Helping her around won't have done you any favours so no wonder your various aches and pains have kicked in.

Sorry :eek: never meant to spell it with an "o", just me being a div and not watching what I'm doing :(
That's nice of them, just get on with it :( You'd think they'd want to see her again to see if everything is ok???
I hope the pain killers help, you need to look after you as well, just hope you're not doing too much.
They make you learn some silly things :confused: I do the H&S for our department and they have added new risk assessments, I've now got to train the staff how to hoover safely???
With any luck they'll have the laptop available for you so you get them out of the way.
You've had a good food day :) Where do you get your giant tagliatelle from? I can't find the veggie ravioli in any of the supermarkets near me either :(
I hope you get some sleep tonight x x x

Yeah I know, the course is stupid!! :p The exams I have left are the petty cash one, basic reception/appointment prioritising/laws, health and safety/warning signs, and one about euthanasia/bereavement.
A few of the assessments I have to do is on risk assessments and protocols and manual handling *head desk* Soon it will be done. Soon!!!

Aye Rachelle's not vomited since early this afternoon. I brought her in some Tuc crackers and ginger ale and that's settled her tummy. Made her some peppermint and nettle tea too. I said it might be best to avoid the tramadol if she can cope until this evening and give her tummy a break. The same with the naproxen too as it's quite tummy irritant and she has whacking big dose ones. She *might* have gotten the pills thru her tummy before she vomited as they'd been in maybe two hours. So as far as I know she's been coping on paracetamol today as it's probably the least tummy angry. This evening when she goes to bed she's going to take just one each of the Tramadol, Naproxen, and Diazepam and hope she sleeps through the nausea. It's the best plan really.
If she starts vomiting again tomorrow I'll call the Dr and have her seen. She was probably so sick today after having such huge doses of a massive cocktail of drugs. All oral medication too and all's she managed to eat was a Beuno! So her stomach probably took an absolute battering yesterday :( I think I'd have been vomiting after what she had too!!

Oh I'm knackered!! And feel absolutely battered. But, it's what I do. I'm seriously putting the pressure on Lush fixing me next Wednesday ;)

LOL at training your staff to hoover safely and correctly. H&S has gone insane hasn't it?!

My giant tagliatelle (it's probably not actually called that!) is from Sainsbury's, their Taste the Difference range. I've also had the giant shells and the giant tubes :D It's a shame they're not wholemeal, but I can sometimes have white pasta.
Sucks about the ravioli! My local Sainsbury's hasn't had it for ages, but the one by my work does. I've stopped by Morrison's one coz I really don't like it. xx

Remembered I had a short assignment I could do at home, by myself. It's filling in a job application form - using the job I wrote a letter and CV for a while back. It's taken me about an hour. Who uses application forms?!! Anyway, it's done and I've sent it to my tutor to look at. I think it's fine to be sent for marking, but I daren't anger my pregnant tutor :p
At least that's another thing to tick.
In the email I've asked if she could ok the computer time with my boss for Friday for an exam or two. So will make sure I revise them properly!! Might do a multiple choice and a short answer. Think it's the easiest combination to revise. If I do two next week and two the week after, as long as I pass, that's all the exams done :)

I'm really struggling with having no proper written work to do as I feel like it's all come to a stand still and it's out of my control a bit. The deadline doesn't feel very far away now! Ok, my actual deadline is mid August, but my tutor goes on maternity leave mid July and I'd really like it all done by then. Still, what, 7 weeks away? But it really does feel like it's all slowed down and not really going anywhere. But there really isn't very much left I can do that aren't practical assessments or exams.
Think I need a proper catch up with my mentor and get a solid plan drawn up between us. And actual time given to us to do the practical stuff I still have to do!

I was on the Skoda site before. They've just released another Citigo model!!! F*ckers!!! :p Ok, it's based on the mid-range model and all it seems to have is slightly sportier paint/trim and a few extra comfort bits compared to the SE and sport. But it seems the Elegance is still the superior model. So that's ok LOL!
The One Show was on before and they were saying how much of an increase there's been in breakdown call outs because most new cars don't come with a spare wheel anymore, just emergency puncture repair kits. Had a quick look and mine doesn't come with a spare tyre/wheel! It never even crossed my mind, you know, seen as my sh*t-mobile Peugeot has a spare wheel. Wonder why everyone's stopped doing spare tyres as standard? Seems like a really stupid idea!! So now, of course I'm paranoid that something hideous will happen to one of my wheels .....

Anyway, half way through Prometheus and my evening snacks :) It's my last free night tonight so wanted to watch a film and stay up!!
Hope I get a decent sleep and can enjoy my last lie-in without being woken to the sounds of *vomit* "Kelly, help me" *vomit*
See y'all tomorrow.xx

Last edited:
It's really scary isn't it? Our local area results have come through and the whole of Liverpool is now Labour. Don't think any UKIP seats were won at all around here. Definitely not in Liverpool tho! So that's at least hopeful from a local point of view.
All these protest votes are pointless and really scary. And all the old people voting for them JUST because of immigration is insane. Good lord!

I had an awful night. Was still awake past 5am! Just what I need before this weekend at work *eye roll*

Have just been round the chemist and I walked past my car, which has been unlocked since around 6pm yesterday! Eejit! I've never done that!!

Also got a letter thru for an initial appointment at the ME/CFS clinic. it looks like the first one is a group meeting, a bit of an educational talk. And then you have to decide whether the information is enough for you and whether you want to then go on to see a therapist and take part in the things they have to offer or whether you don't think it will help. Seems like there's quite a lot of time before you'll be see tho!
Have also been invited to a clinical trial run by Liverpool Uni. They want to see if there is any correspondence between ME/CFS and pain/inflammation markers and vitamin D.
The thing is it definitely involves blood tests and there's an opt in/out for a muscle biopsy. I'm really going to have to think about it. I want to help and be part of research in to ME, but I need to decide if I can really. I have till the middle of next month anyway :)

Also got a text (odd!) from DWP to say they've received my PIP claim. And that it could take up to 26 weeks to get a decision! My friend who works for them and has a lot of personal involvement in PIP says her husband got his medical appointment within 8 weeks and a quick decision after that. They do live in Bradford though, so not like I know this is the time frame for my part of the world!
Right, I'm a bit less dizzy now so better go sort the bunnies. Then shower. Then tea. Then hopefully some bloody sleep!! I'm on earlies this weekend (8-6:30) but then, luckily in a way, swapping to a late on the Monday (10-8) so I at least get a bit of a work day lie in! Then Tuesday - dead ;)

It is very scary isn't it?! I just hope people change their minds and see what's going on before the general election. Could you imagine?!!!

I saw this tweet before which made me proper giggle "UKIP candidate says they're not doing well in areas dominated by the "cultured, educated, and young". Think about that for a minute.....

I had an awful night. Was still awake past 5am :( Had some horrible dreams and kept waking up really panicked. Had a really horrible dream about my rabbits!
So exhausted! i'm really dizzy and jittery today. I walked the few minutes to the chemist and back and it wiped my out. Have been really lightheaded since and really sweaty *blush*
Had to sort the bunnies and then get a shower too. Just keep sitting down between everything. I'm so tired!!
My head's really fuzzy too and my vision's been really off and I can't really seem to lift my eyes up without huge effort. It feels like I have a shelf above my eyes and I can't move it. That sounds proper mental doesn't it?! But it's like a big pressure and a big *thing* in the way!

I'm really painful too so have started alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen. I'll make sure I take 2 amitriptyline tonight as well and carry on with the extra pain relief over the weekend. My work locker looks like a pharmacy, so have plenty of supplies. I'm just terrible at remembering to take stuff!! xx

What's scary is people are voting them out of protest but they're not reading about everything they want to do like get rid of paid maternity leave and get rid of holiday pay. They want to set us back years, it would be a disaster for the country if they got in to power :(
Must have been something in the air last night, I didn't go to bed till 5 am as well, hope you get a bit more tonight.
I'm glad you've got an appointment through, just hope you don't have to wait ages to get things rolling properly afterwards. I can understand you wanting to help with research but at the same time it wouldn't be good for you to stress yourself out and make yourself ill. It would be ok if you didn't have a really bad phobia of needles and blood tests. I'd read it and see if there some other way you could help.
It's good too that they've received your application, at least it's in the system now.
Now you've done the bunnies I hope you've got a nice quiet evening to get a bit of rest, sounds like you really need it with a long weekend at work. x x x

If I didn't have my blood vessel phobia it wouldn't even cross my mind as an issue. Think I'm more worried about the blood test than the muscle biopsy. I have no issues with needles btw, absolutely none at all. You can stick a needle in my anywhere, unless you're going near a blood vessel and then we'd have words..... or screaming or crying lol!
I have time to think about it though. It would be amazing to help out with something like this though. Actually be a part of clinical research! But yeah, something to think about.

It is terrifying the reasons people are voting for the likes of UKIP. I have no doubt that the country would go to sh*t and there would be nation-wide riots! I just hope it never, ever gets that far! It does seem like the progress UKIP has made (if you can call it that!) has been completely blown out of proportion my the media though!!

I've just fed the dogs and half made my lunch for work tomorrow. Need to do a fruit tub and a salad bag too :) xx

Friday food:

Lunch was a veggie breaky again. I know, but I wont get another one now until at least Tuesday so I felt I needed it today ;) Had free Linda M sausages with beans with tomatoes and spinach in, super cheesy scrambled eggs with mushroom and orange pepper in, wholemeal toast, and bbq sauce. 1 HexA, 1 HexB, + 1.

For tea I defrosted a tub of curry from the freezer (different than the one I had the other day) and roasted some cauliflower in garlic and paprika to mix in. had it with a packet of rice, stir fried bean sprouts, and cottage cheese. No syns and no Hex's!

Snack will probably be a Chewy Delight later. I feel waaaay too full for two Alpens or anything!! Think I might have a mini Malteser bunny tho. Feel like I can have a small amount of chocolate and not go nuts today!

Drinks were coffee, Diet Coke, and peppermint tea.

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 61!! Jeez!!

Back