Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Friday food: EE day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red peppers and mushrooms (half HexA)
Rocket and cherry tomatoes
Wholemeal toast (half HexB )
Tiny bit of tomato sauce & mustard (0.5)

Tea:
Roasted veg ratatouille - red onion/shallots, peppers, courgette, aubergine, carrots, mushrooms, & chopped tomatoes
Quorn mince
Pasta
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Butterhead salad & sweetfire beetroot

Snacks:
1 Alpen Light (rest of HexB )
Malteser Bunny (8 )

Drinks:
Coffee, Coke Zero, squash, Matcha

Syns used: 8.5
Syns saved: 18

Exercise:
Big bunny clean
Garden de-poo
Walk to the Dr's and back - 15mins/0.8 miles going & about 25mins/1mile coming back because I met Mum at Costa by the chemist
Quick 15 mins walk with each dog, 1.3miles in all

Fitbit:
Steps - 10, 802
Calories burned - 2, 396
Miles - 4.57
Active minutes - 64

Last edited:
I only had black coffee at Costa. And most definitely no cake! Score :D
And I left the car at home and walked to the Dr's. I ended up with only 15mins to get there so had to power walk the whole way! Even in the good old days I would leave at least 20mins. Was knackered by the time I got there! Just had my headphones in and powered along to Biffy!
Coming back I had to detour a bit to meet Mum at Costa, so I came home a completely different way. Was nice though because I've walked through two parks today AND met a beautiful Cockerpoo :D
Was very good at Costa and even bought Mum's coffee, seen as she has plans with her friends next Fri so I can't take her out :( B*tch ;)|

And I made tea for us both too. A rather successful roasted veg ratatouille! I didn't even nearly cremate it. YAY!

Bloody knackered now though. Cleaned the bunnies and de-poo'd the garden before going to the Dr's and took the dogs for a quick walk each when I got home. Didn't go to Michelle's as their new lodger isn't actually moving in now. One less thing to do. Not a good ME day today, so considering that I think I did pretty well.

My Dr put my mind at ease and said I don't have serious mental illness/brain tumour hallucinations. He said they're basically not true hallucinations, but more like waking dreams. I can't remember the exact term he used, but that's how he explained it. He said obv they're not nice for me, but I shouldn't worry that they are true hallucinations. *phew* And he's also prescribed me higher dose amitriptyline to try at night. We can mess with the dosage a bit too and he said even those ones are relatively low dose, so we can see what happens. He has warned me they sometimes cause worse "hangovers" than the sleeping pills I was on, the only thing he said I might need to watch out for. So I will see and play with the dose a bit.
He's glad the ME therapist appointments are going well and was really pleased about my trip to Oslo. He's been my Dr for a long time now, so understands what it means.
So yeah, good really :) Forgot to mention the sweating and the frustration over weight gain, but I will have to see him again soon to let him now how the new dose is going. More important things to talk about this time.

Have sorted work food for tomorrow and will watch something to relax before bed.
Night all and hope you all have lovely weekends.xx

Saturday food: Green Day. Working 9:30-8 today. Urgh!

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Oatly (part HexA1)
Banana
Dried fruit (2)
Honey (1)

First break:
Strawberries, raspberries, & kiwi
Shape 0%

Lunch:
Quorn mince, mushrooms, red onion/shallots, peppers, courgette, aubergine, & carrots
Veggie ravioli (2)
Layer of spinach in the middle
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Any fruit left from my break

Evening break:
Tangerine
Graze Brownie (5.5)

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried burgers (5) topped with gherkins, cheese (HexA2), and chilli jam (1)
Low fat Supernoodles
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower
Sweetcorn
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Mini Caramel Egg (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, squash, Coke Zero

Syns used: 20
syns saved: 13

Exercise:
Around 9hrs on my feet at work

Fitbit:
Steps- 8,704
Calories - 2,564
Miles - 3.68

Last edited:
A tough day for you - hope it went OK and you're not too cream crackered.

Your visit to the doctor was worthwhile for the reassurance about the hallucinations and the amitripiine - let's hope the amended dose works OK; have you started it yet or did you think it might be best to wait until you weren't working a long day in case it did make you 'hungover'? Well done you for power walking there, despite it being a bad ME day and a successful trip to Costa and non-cremated dinner as well!

Hey Patty!
I did try one of the new higher dose with one lower dose one - so I got 35mg. I had tried 3 x 10mg this week and had no nasty side effects so didn't think an extra 5mg would make much difference. It didn't, I was awake well past 2am and woke up loads of times. No hangover as far as I could tell, but I'm so tired I doubt I'd have been able to tell it apart from the tiredness!

Today was ok-ish really. Mostly steady, but with the usual craziness during the 6-8 bit. I stayed 15mins extra to help the night person out as the phone wouldn't stop and 3 different clients arrived all at once and needed booking in.

I was being very stubborn yesterday and refusing to take the car. How I actually got there in 15mins is beyond me! Glad I had a 10min wait to calm down a bit!

Yes, feel a bit better about the "hallucinations" now. Well, sort of, you know what I mean! I'm glad they're nothing more sinister.

I know, I was tempted to turn yesterday in to a Green day so I could have soy milk in Costa, but stuck to my guns :D

I got weighed this morning at work, after I'd ate breakfast tho, and down from 85.5 earlier this week to 84.5. Hopefully I will, at some point soon, break through the 80kg barrier! Will try and get weighed again next Friday, my only shift next week. xx

Last edited:
Sunday food: An EE day I think!

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Oatly (part HexA1)
Banana
Dried fruit (2)
Honey (1)

First break:
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, & kiwi
Shape 0%

Lunch:
Katsu Curry I made the other day (veg heavy! 3)
Pouch rice
Butterhead salad, spinach, and rocket
Little tangerine

Evening break:
Little tangerine
Blue Riband biscuit (5)

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets
Cheesy smash (rest of HexA)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
Extra broccoli
Carrot & turnip
Lingonberry jam (1)

End of week/after work treat:
Norwegian Kvikk Lunsj (13) like a Kit Kat, but a billion times nicer!
Mini Caramel Egg (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, squash, Coke Zero

Syns used: 28
Syns left this week: 0

Exercise:
9hrs on my feet at work

Fitbit:
Steps - 8,093
Calories - 2,370
Miles - 3.26
Active minutes - 6 lol! I wonder what I was doing for those 6 minutes?! I wish you could see what time you did them, not just the day.

Last edited:
Busy, busy horrible day at work. Stayed late again and had to do an emergency anaesthetic whilst having the emergency phone, the front desk, everyone asking me to do stuff. How can I keep a dog alive if I'm doing a million other things?!!! Gah!

Anyway, that's nothing compared to last night. I took the new full dose of meds. I WISH they had of knocked me out and gave me a hangover, instead I spent the night with insane anxiety, nausea, I felt drunk and the room was spinning whenever I sat or stood up, I was stumbling round and just couldn't walk properly, and I had the most intense, horrific nightmare I've possibly ever had - I had a baby and then killed it :| So I'm sure you can imagine my mood today!
I almost lost my temper with a client. She was with her Mum who was collecting her dog, you know a dog we'd FIXED, and they'd been waiting an hour. I'd literally just finished the op I was monitoring and ran round to clients waiting. Barely recovered the dog! And this woman had a go, complaining they'd waited an hour. I explained I had put them on the waiting list, which they thought was ridiculous because they were picking up a dog and why would they need to be on the list?! I apologised anyway and said "As you can see, we have a lot of emergencies going on at the moment" She huffed at me and said "I haven't seen anyone" (the waiting room had 3 other patients in waiting to be seen!! And I explained I had literally just run from an emergency surgery and she said "Whatever"
Oh just f*ck right off ;) I walked away without saying anything.

Stayed late to help the night lady because the phone wouldn't stop and two clients were waiting to book in. And then I went and looked at all the rabbit stuff I've been sent for rabbit week. AMAZING!!! Brought a few samples back to try and my gang. Believe me, there is enough that the few things I nicked wont even be missed! I did tell my rabbit awareness partner in crime tho ;) Who has also put a very big picture of a bunny on the front of my locker!

Just watching Grey's Anatomy and then I'll be going to bed. I hope tonight will be better. And I will NOT be taking that same dose again tonight, no way!! xx

First of all, congratulation on the loss.

I can't begin to imagine how awful you must have felt yesterday, and then to do such a hard shift as well. I've got to hand it to you - you're no quitter and clearly one very tough cookie. If you were 100% well, no one would be able to live with you!

What a snooty woman! To use a charity facility and then complain about being kept waiting is just downright rude - hope she goes elsewhere in future where she has to pay a whacking great bill to get the service she thinks she's entitled do. How did you manage not to lose your temper?!

Hope your bunnies enjoy their illicit treats! It had to be done though - you couldn't recommend them if you haven't tested them!!!

Also hope you had a better night and don't feel quite so zombified today.

Hi Jesse! It's pretty easy to find your own plan with Slimming World and fit in the foods you do like. Promise :)

Hey Patty!
Thanks for the congrats :) Great to get rid of two pounds I'd gained. 2 more to go and I'll be back to where I was. Getting rather fed up with this yoyo'ing. I know most of it is my fault and I do need to control an off plan meal or day turning in to a week. But it is incredibly frustrating. Feeling quite good about SW and and my walking and stuff. Even thinking about trying to go swimming again, just once a week for now and build up the time and then maybe eventually go to two days. I LOVE swimming and I miss it so much. Much more than running lol, but I am also thinking of trying to work in a few jogging sessions in to my walks. I do it a little bit now because I sometimes race with the dogs home from the end of the road (yes I am mental) and when we have space I do some training with Pinta which involves walking to heel at different speeds, and we've gotten up to jogging :)
Even if I only do one jog/walk a week with the dogs, that'd be good.

I love our clients! Well, mostly. We always have the bad ones that stand out. SO many this weekends. one of the best was a lady who brought her dog in with suspected Parvo Virus and was asked did she know about that disease "Yeah, my last dog died of it" :| Not sure how many dogs you'd need to lose to this disease before you thought it would be a good idea to vaccinate. £30 to save your dogs life seems like a good deal to me, but whatever...
So yeah, we have difficult clients. I did almost lose my temper with that client tho, the one that was having a go about the waiting time. I almost asked the vet to make her wait a bit longer ;)

Yeah I mean you surely can't recommend things you've not tried yourself. Only fair ;) LOL! I'm really looking forward to talking to clients about bunnies :D I hadn't recommended to skin or joint supplements we now sell until I had tried them on my dogs. The joint ones are amazing and I will tell anyone who listens! My friends have their old Greyhound on them now too and they had the same results I did. The skin one I'm not so sure about, although it does seem to help keep things a bit more stable, but I would recommend it alongside allergy/skin meds. Sorry, waffling lol

That's really lovely of you to say those nice things of me. Yeah I do wander what I would get up to if I didn't have these illnesses, I'd probably need a lot more money lol! But I am really happy about where things have been headed recently, just a shame it's taken me so long. Onward and upwards hopefully.

I'm very tired today. Had about 12hrs in bed and could have quite happily stayed there. Bit hungry tho lol! Also incredibly painful, especially my hips, legs, and my ribs. It seriously feels like someone has spent the night kicking me! Not zombified, but I halved the dose of the amitriptyline! Was not taking 50mg again.
Having a quiet day today. Currently catching up with last week's Question Time with the leaders. xx

Monday food: Green Day

Lunch:
2 Weetabix (HexB1) , banana, dried fruit (2), honey (1), and Oatly (part HexA1)
Small bowl of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
Shape 0%

Tea:
Quorn mince with shallots, peas, and sweetcorn
Mash with some milk (another bit of HexA1)
Roast Cyprus potatoes
Carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower
Gravy (3)
Piccalilli (0.5)

Snack:
Alpen Light & Benefit Light (HexB2)
Mini Malteaser Bunny (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, Coke Zero, squash, diet lemonade, Options made with Oatly (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 11.5
Syns saved: 3.5

Exercise:
Bugger all really except a quick trip to see the bunnies.
I'm itching it go out for a walk, but I really should have a rest day today.

My terrible Fitbit stats:
Steps - 2,046
Calories burned - 1,870 (314 under!)
Miles - 0.86
Active minutes - 0

Last edited:
Off out with Caz today for a friend date! We're going to Parkgate, which is apparently the Wirral's only seaside "resort". The weather's a bit crazy here, but BBC Weather tells me over on the dark side, it's cloudy and a bit sunny with no rain. We shall see!
We're not having lunch out, so I've eaten early, but we are stopping in at a little tearooms, so there will be cake! Planned my food around an EE day and skipped cheese with brunch so I can get a soy milk coffee from Starbucks :)
See you when I get back! Bit nervous driving somewhere totally new... Eeeeep!!

Tuesday food - turning in to a Green Day because I had some extra soy milk and wanted some cheese with tea :)

Brunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Scrambled eggs with red peppers and mushrooms
Rocket and fried cherry tomatoes
Wholemeal toast (half HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Starbucks:
Soy milk maple macchiato (half HexA1 + a few syns for syrup)

At the tea house:
A not very nice soy hot chocolate - should have gone for black coffee ;) (the rest of HexA1 + a couple of syns)
A slice of lemon and elderflower loaf. Lovely :) (No idea, but wiping out my syns anyway)

Tea:
Free Quorn burger topped with gherkins & cheese (rest of HexB1)
Spicy veg - shallots, mushrooms, red & orange sweet peppers, and sweetcorn
Mediterranean veg Pasta N Sauce
Butterhead salad, spinach, and sweetfire beetroot
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, Diet Coke,

Syns used: Will prob just wipe my syns clear for today and yesterday.

Exercise:
2hr40min / 7.5 mile walk in Parkgate (I only turned my walking app on as we started to make our way back!) http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/972156665
16min/0.8mile walk with Pinta
17mins/0.8mile walk with Dave

Fitbit:
Steps - 23,291 (totally didn't do laps around the living room to go over 23k ;) )
Calories burned - 3,198 (1,014 over!!! Makes up for yesterday I reckon!)
Miles - 9.85. SO close to 10. Damnit!
Active minutes - 198

Last edited:
Hey Patty!
We had a brilliant day :D Parkgate is indeed pretty and absolutely full of amazing birds. We were in touching distance of a beautiful Kestrel at one point and we saw pheasants, ducks (I LOVE ducks!!), swallows/swifts, little finchy things, etc, Very nice! The Kestrel was totally showing off for us.
We parks right at the start of Parkgate, by accident but a good call! We walked along the Parade and carried on and did a decent chunk of the coastal walk, turned up a road and up a hill and found the Wirral Way. We walked one way for a bit and then decided to come back on ourselves and head back towards Parkgate. We did end up going on "exit" too far and getting a little lost, and even attempted to walk on the marsh for a bit lol! We got back to the start about 20mins before the parking was up, so I moved the car to a free spot and we went to the Little Tea Rooms :D
I had a very disappointing soy hot chocolate, which tasted of absolutely nothing! But a nice slice of lemon and elderflower cake :)
Oh and we covered roughly 7.5miles in 2hr40mins!!!!

I did really well with my food today. Planned ahead with a low syn, low Hex brunch! Had my treats, but I don't believe they are "too" bad really. And I even stopped at the chippy on the way home for Mum and only came away with a can of Diet Coke for myself! Tim and Caz offered to make me some tea, but I politely declined so I could stay on plan a bit better.
I did turn today in to a Green Day to give myself a little more to play with and I think it's worked out pretty well. I am very impressed with myself today. AND I don't feel like I missed out or denied myself something. So that's good. Plus, the amount of walking I've done should really help. I walked the dogs after tea as well ;)

Will upload the few pics I took :) xx

Pics from Parkgate.
View along the parade
Views of the Estuary, Wales to the left lol
From inside the Tea Rooms, just dodging a heavy downpour!!
And clear skies after the rain with my little giraffe :)

Attachments

• 1430867094538.jpg
    1430867094538.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 1430867137299.jpg
    1430867137299.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 1430867163441.jpg
    1430867163441.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1430867176169.jpg
    1430867176169.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60
Wednesday food - EE day

Lunch:
2 boiled eggs
Beans, mushrooms, red & orange peppers, cherry tomatoes
Spinach & rocket
Wholemeal toast (half HexB )
Mustard (0.5)

At the cinema:
'Fingers' of melon, mango, and pineapple :innocent0002:

Tea:
Quorn pieces, shallots, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, sweetcorn, and chopped tomatoes
Squiggly pasta
Cheese (half HexA)
Butterhead salad
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Benefit Light (rest of HexB )
2 mini Lindt eggs (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, squash, Coke Zero, Options made with Oatly (2 + rest of HexA)

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 9

Exercise:
Quick food shop in Morrisons and then Tesco
20min / 0.9mile walk with Pinta
19min / 0.9mile walk with Davey - we saw a fox :D

Fitbit:
Steps - 8,667
Calories burned - 2,290
Miles - 3.67
Active minutes - 54

Last edited:
Woohoo! Fitbit weekly report has been delivered :D

Steps - 59,536
Miles - 25.19
Calories burned - 16,696
Weight - +0.4kg :(

Overall, pretty damn good tho. So close to a marathon lol!

Very damn good, but I don't like the gain!

Parkgate does look attractive. When we stopped on the way to Llandudno a couple of years ago we must have been looking at it from the Welsh side. But I have to ask - what's the giraffe doing there?!!

I bet the cake was lovely!

I don't like the gain either. And that doesn't include the other weight I gained. I didn't update it until weigh-in last week! :(

Nah, Llandudno is on the wrong coast to be able to see Parkgate or the Wirral really. I think if it was very clear you may be able to see Hoylake or even West Kirkby, but there's a lot of land in the way before Parkgate :)

Tbh I was a bit disappointed with the tea rooms. It wasn't as "WOW" as the reviews suggested. I'm glad we stopped though and I would give it a go again. But you know when you feel like you threw away valuable syns??

Hahaha the giraffe has temporarily replaced my Hula Girl in the car because I can't get her to stick back on. And I got him from the Giraffe restaurant so he's my car companion for now.

Today's weather is ridiculous. Constant very heavy rain. So not sure I'm going to get much walking done today. If it eases off I might take the dogs out later. I'm not a "fair weather" dog walker, but I don't want them getting soaked and cold, I don't think they'd enjoy it very much.
I'm picking mum up from work later and we're going to see Avengers again. x

Thursday food - EE Day

Lunch:
Tuna, gherkins, orange sweet peppers, sweetcorn, Sriracha, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spud
Cheese (half HexA)
Cottage cheese
Big side salad - spinach, rocket, cucumber, plum cherry tomatoes, and pineapple

Tea:
Quorn pieces, shallots, mushrooms, red & green peppers, peas, sweet potato, butternut squash, spinach, chopped tomatoes, and chickpea Dahl.
Tilda vegetable byriani rice (3.5)
Cottage cheese

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB )
Mini Malteaser Bunny (3)
A few blueberries & grapes

Drinks:
Coffee, squash, Matcha, Diet Coke,
Starbucks medium soy milk Maple Macchiatto with sugar free syrup (rest of HexA + 1 for syrup drizzle on top)

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 16

Exercise:
35min / 1.5mile walk with Pinta
2hr30min / 4.2mile walk with Dave http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/975298453

Fitbit:
Steps - 18,567
Calories burned - 2,926
Miles - 7.85
Active minutes - 157

Last edited:
Back