Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I always forget about the Hoylake peninsula! When we were in Wales - at Flint, I think it was - we could certainly see the Cathedral.

Did you take the dogs to vote? Peter and I walked in the evening sun to our polling station and there were plenty of other people walking there too, many with dogs and or children. It was good to see.

It's very pretty from far away ;) LOL! Only coz I'm a Scouser. It is genuinely a nice place, we just don't readily admit it.

We had a beautiful walk today! I took Davey to Caz's and we all went to Pickerings Pasture. I haven't been there in around 15 years, in fact I think the last time I was there was with my Dad and our old dog Jack! So a very long time. It is stunning and prob about 20mins from my house LOL! Will post some pics in a min.
I took Pinta out first and I needed to make sure she was mentally and physically tired, so we hit the parks - armed with hot dogs! Dry treats don't cut it when you need to do some serious training ;) And I knew we would see people, dogs, birds, bikes, and potentially other things, so needed to be prepared. We were out for 35mins and went through two parks and up on the trail. I had a small heart attack at one point. I DROPPED HER LEAD! ARGH!!!!! But after her initial sideways being terrified scuttle she ran right back to me and sat down. She got the most IMMENSE amount of praise and cuddles and treats. That could have ended so, so badly!!! *phew*
We did see two dogs, some birds, a bike she didn't even bat an eyelid at, and some horrible kids. But she was actually pretty good and the hysterics didn't last as long as they sometimes do. I think we both did pretty well :)
And it was her first time being left alone for so long in the house. I left her with a Jumbone and a cubey kong with a few treats in and peanut butter smothered on it. Rachelle did check in on her about an hour and a half in to her being alone and Mum was probably home an hour later. Absolutely no destruction!! She barked a lot at Rachelle, but other than that everything was fine. Another *phew* So that is very good!

Davey's walk was brill! I drove us to Caz's and then we car shared with her and the hounds. We stopped at Starbucks on the way because the place we were going doesn't have a cafe lol. The first bit we walked to was along the river and then off into a sort of wooded area and some nice quiet paths for them to wander around. Then we came back on ourselves and went the other way, towards the Runcorn Bridge. We went over a bridge and up a cool pathway up the side of a big hill, along a footpath and out into a little meadow right by the bridge. And then back again - 4miles :D Davey had some off-lead time and everyone had lots of fun.

Food has also been very good today and I made Hex allowances for milk at Starbucks and stuff. And made very filling, but low syn meals. I did good I reckon ;)

Ooh no Patty, I wouldn't take either dog with me to vote, esp not Pinta. They're not allowed in the polling station and I would never leave them tied up outside. Plus, you know, Pinta is a loon ;) xx

Hey Liverbird!
Pickerings Pasture is on the Liverpool side, right by Hale village. Tbh I have family in Croxteth/Norris Green and avoid them like the plague ;) I used to go to Crocky Park a lot when I was younger tho.

Thanks for the invite, I will have a think about it.

In those pics only the little black and white one is mine - Dave :D

Well what an utterly, utterly sh*t day for our country. What on earth happened?! What a terrifying future we have :(
I fear for my Mum's job, as she's a civil servant. And I fear for my job, because if they take away disability tax credits there is NO way I could work full time at my job. I don't remember hearing anything about them going after Working Tax, BUT they do seem to be attacking anyone who should be unfortunate enough to be on benefits - you know, scroungers .... :mad:

Anyway, I got through work in a foul mood. Then had to go and pick up a crap load of heavy bags from Mum at her work so she didn't have to take her prezzies on her meal out :/
I had a quick lunch and decided, seen as I was already a bit soggy, I would take advantage of the terrible, very heavy rain and take Pinta to my favourite place - hoping the bad weather would keep most people away! And it did, but there was one bl**dy woman who had a pack of dogs, I counted at least 6!! They all raced over to Pinta, we were as far off the path as we could go, hiding behind some trees, so of course this suggests we wanted to say hello!
Poor Pinta was so overwhelmed, and she did bark, but only stood her ground or backed off, she didn't go at them. One particular dog, bigger than Pinta, kept barking and snarling and snapping at her, would run away, and then come right back. The woman just carried on walking and left him to it! WTF?! He eventually ran off to catch up with her, but that's hardly the point. Luckily though Pinta recovered much more quickly than normal and didn't show any signs of being stressed or losing confidence.
The whole walk, even though she has never been there before, it was absolutely chucking it down, then the dogs, she was so happy and full of confidence. It was so lovely to see :) Luckily for the rest of the time we din't see another soul and I let her have the full length of her lead for some freedom. It was so lovely :)
I didn't take Dave to the woods as the mood was REALLY thick and the puddles were very deep - me and Pinta appreciated them tho ;) So I put his coat on, which he hates, and we walked to the two nearest parks, up on the trail, and back. He HATED every single minute of it. I honestly thought I was going to have to carry him a few times, he just wouldn't walk and looked so sad. Little bugger!
I came back, hopped in the shower, fed the hounds, and then left Dave shivering on the couch and I went to pick up Michelle (and a Costa) and went to see the WORST film I have seen in a long time. I knew it was going to be bad, but we always go and see horrors. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep at least once!!! "Unfriended" don't bother!

And back home, nice tea, ruining my mood with the news.....
I will put some picces up of Pinta in a min. Most are blurred at least a little because she doesn't stay bloody still ;) x

Friday food - EE day

Morning break:
Blueberries, grapes, blackberries, and strawberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
Tuna, gherkins, orange sweet peppers, sweetcorn, Sriracha, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spud
Cottage cheese
Big side salad - spinach, rocket, cucumber, plum cherry tomatoes, and pineapple

Tea:
2 Quorn Turk'y Burgers topped with cheese (half HexA + 3)
Spicy veg - shallots, red & orange peppers, mushrooms, and spinach
Low fat Supernoodles
Wholemeal bun (HexB)
Extra light mayo and SUPER HOT Beaver mustard (1.5)

Snack:
Toffee Crisp biscuit (5)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, Diet Coke,
Costa soy milk, sugar free, caramel cappuccino (rest of HexA) No syrup on top!

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 21

Exercise:
4.5hrs+ on my feet at work
43mins / 1.7 mile walk with Pinta. Slower than normal so she could have a good adventure round and just enjoy the wonder of the woods :D
30mins / 1.3mile walk with a grump Dave

Fitbit:
Steps - 16,739
Calories burned - 2,968
Miles - 7.08
Active Minutes - 70

Last edited:
It's the Mothership's birthday today :) We're going to the cinema in a bit and for a meal later on.
Helping myself out a bit and having an EE lunch before the rest happens lol!

Lunch:
2 Free Quorn sausages
Beans with mushrooms, peppers, and plum cherry tomatoes in
Cheese (half HexA)
Wholemeal toast (half HexB)
Brown sauce and a bit of spicy mustard (1)

Not a bad start!! Wont be doing much walking today I'd imagine, but my joints could probably do with a day off ;) xx

Hey Patty!
Mum had a lovely day. Well we all did, was brill! Big Game is a good film, daft, but lots of fun!
Lots of naughty food, and wine, and maybe a bit of gin.... LOL! But it was good and just nice to relax and go with the flow. And I've had a cracking week this week for food and exercise, so hopefully that will really help me out. Hopefully!

Oh that bloody woman in the woods. My friend thinks she's a client of hers, at her practice, and does have a lot of dogs herself, but is also a dog walker!! Why you would let any dog be repeatedly aggressive to ANY dog is beyond me, but never mind that we were off the path, as far as we could go, hiding behind trees, and clearly not wanting to say hello! Honestly Patty, there are SO many dog walkers out there who just don't have a clue! The most sensible and nice walkers I have met recently have been kids! Kind, considerate, actually seem to know a bit about dog behaviour. So hopefully there will be better dog owners taking over soon LOL!

It's amazing though seeing Pinta progress. Sometimes it takes a while to see stuff doesn't it? But I did realise the other day when we were on a main road at rush hour and I noticed she was using all of the path, even the grass verge, and not paying a bit of attention to the traffic. Yet when I first walked her up there she hugged the wall and flinched and hid from every single car and noise.
We are hopefully going to training tomorrow, as long as the weather plays nice, and Caz & Mort are going too. So that should be good!! We haven't been to class since before I went to Oslo! But at least I work with her at home and out walking too.

I don't think I said, but I was training her to do a "twist" (spin in a circle) for the first time the other day. And she honestly fell over her own bum. HILARIOUS!! She makes me laugh so much sometimes :D xx

Back to it! Yesterday was relaxed and the only really daft thing I ate was a Creme Egg and a Caramel Egg :rolleyes:
I had porridge and fruit for lunch. Went to Costa with Mum and just had a black coffee. And we picked up burrito's and had them with oven chips for tea!

Monday food - EE. A bit high syn for the first day, but whatever :p

Morning break:
Small tub of kiwi, pineapple, and blueberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
2 free Linda M Sausages
Scrambled eggs
Mushrooms, orange peppers, and plum cherry tomatoes
Spinach and rocket
Wholemeal toast (half HexB)
Tomato sauce & mustard (1)

Tea:
Portion of veg packed, free chili from the freezer
Tilda Mexican bean & chili rice (2.5)
Cheese (HexA)
Spinach, rocket, and beetroot
Extra light Mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Alpen Light (rest of HexB)
Aldi Titan bar (8.5)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, squash,

Syns used: 12.5
Syns saved: 2.5

Exercise:
5hrs at work
Big bunny clean and garden de-poo
About an hour at training with Pinta and a quick 5-10min walk in the park on the way home.
28mins/1.3mile walk with Dave

Fitbit:
Steps - 12,765
Calories burned - 2,781
Miles - 5.4
Active minutes - 27

Last edited:
I got weighed today and the scales can s*d off. Apparently I've gained 3lbs since Fri :/ Going to ignore it and try and get weighed later in the week!

Good day today. Very busy tho! Absolutely knackered.

Pinta had a good class tonight and sort of met Caz's dog Mort :) She wass the least barky she has ever been and did really well. We've learned some new things and have to practice for next week. Challenge accepted!! I'm a bit competitive..... *whistles* Haha!
Good food day tho, happy with what I've had.x

Well, first things first, I did a quick weigh and it's a more sensible number today, very close to what I was last week, so feel a bit happier :)

Also did a bit of a brave thing today. I went swimming after work! I managed 18 lengths (25m pool), swapping between breaststroke and front crawl, but mostly breaststroke, in 30mins. I took it slowly and rested in between too. I was so nervous about going because I haven't been swimming, except on holiday, since I got sick! So a long time. But I'm glad I did it and it was brilliant, I love swimming so much! So really chuffed today. I'm also wibbly wobbly and a bit tired, but really happy :)
I think I'm going to just go after work on a Tuesday, my shorter work day, to get started, and then just see how it goes. I'd be SO happy if I could go once a week!

Work was alright today. Staff meeting, so about 2.5hrs sat down with a very numb bum!! So not many steps on my Fitbit from this morning. Grrrr!!!! LOL!

Meeting a freind from work later for coffee and a chat. You just don't get a chance to talk in work at all!
And, if the rain doesn't appear, I'll do some short walks with the dogs later too. xx

Tuesday food - EE day

Breakfast:
Tiny tangerine

Break at work:
Pineapple chunks and a banana

Lunch:
2 boiled eggs
Interesting beans - beans, mushrooms, red & orange peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and a bit of tomato puree
Wholemeal toast (half HexB )
Rocket
Tomato sauce & hot mustard (1)

Tea:
Quorn lamb grill
Cheesy Smash (half HexA )
Aunt Bessie’s carrot and swede mash
Veg bag – carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
A couple of roasted shallots
Lingonberry jam & dressing (1.5)

Snack:
Benefit Light (rest of HexB )
Mini Malteser Bunny (3)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, squash, Diet Coke, Options made with un-sweetend Almond milk (2 + HexA)

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 10

Exercise:
1.5hrs on my feet at work (bloody meeting stealing my steps!)
30mins / 18 lengths swimming :D
Hoovered the kitchen, living room, and hall
Washing
Badly cleaned the windows! Dog snot ;)
25min/1.2 mile walk with Pinta – two parks and up on the trail
27min/1.3 mile walk with Dave – very hilly!

Fitbit:
Steps - 12,127
Calories burned - 2,716
Miles - 5.13
Active minutes - 82

Last edited:
Ooooh I'm achy today! Was wondering how bad the payback would be for swimming....and all the other stuff I did yesterday! It's not horrendous though, but definitely ouchy!
Rachelle has invited me around for tea tonight - we're having curry! But she makes things the way I do, so is likely to be syn free. Will sort it out later :)
Going to be walking the dogs soon. I'm stopping at Rachelle's on the way with Pinta and then coming back to take Davey somewhere.
So a bit more relaxed than yesterday. I do need to sort out that bunnies at some point tho too. xx

Wednesday food - EE day

Lunch:
Veggie ravioli (2), with shallots, mushrooms, peppers, and Quorn steak strips
Spinach & rocket
Cheese (HexA)

Tea:
Red Lentil Curry
Basmati rice
Plain Naan bread

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB)

Drinks:
Coffee, Squash, diet lemonade.

Syns used: Will count them all because of the naan bread.
Syns saved: 10

Exercise:
48min/1.8 mile walk with Pinta. Her longest yet and she handled seeing dogs surprisingly well. We would have even gotten past some if they hadn't of barked at her! Getting there :D
1hr2min/2.5 mile walk with Dave along Otterspool Prom http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/983506895

Last edited:
Haha! We didn't go that far anyway, we started right at the beginning, where the big red cow is, and turned back before we got to the Festival Gardens. It is lovely along there.

Had a lovely tea at Rachelle's, which probably would have been mostly syn free, but we had a plain naan bread each. So will just wipe out my syns for today. Hoping all the walking will help any extra cals ;)

Thursday food - EE day

Morning break:
Small tub of pineapple, raspberries, and blueberries
Activia 0%

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, peppers, and cheese (half HexA)
Wholemeal toast (half HexB )
Spinach, rocket, and roasted plum cherry tomatoes
Tomato sauce & hot mustard (1)

Tea:
4 Quorn Southern Fried Bites (4)
Low Fat Supernoodles
Roasted shallots and red & yellow peppers
Salad - pea shoots & baby leaf, spinach, and rocket
Sweetfire beetroot
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Extra light mayo (0.5)
A little bit of Tomato sauce & hot mustard (0.5)

Snacks:
Benefit Light (rest of HexB )
Small Flake (4)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha, squash, diet Coke

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 15

Exercise:
Around 4hrs40 on my feet at work
30mins/1.5 mile very hilly walk with Pinta
46mins/1.8 mile walk in Calderstones park - very pretty :D http://www.mapmywalk.com/workout/985143617
Quick hoover of the living room

Fitbit:
Steps - 15,986
Calories burned - 2,919
Miles - 6.77
Active Minutes - 83

Last edited:
Back