Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey Patty!
Aww I'm glad you like my photo's! The Viking ships were incredible. They had 2 pretty much completely intact ones and 1 that was mostly just the hull and the benches. Amazing to see tho.

My Dropbox is full now and I didn't get all the photo's in. But if anyone wants a look they're here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h5t70pejdk7symu/AABJETVEj36XUY-A8mqwUv-da?dl=0

I am still pretty annoyed about the stuff that happened, or rather didn't happen while I was away. I mean would someone only feed the dogs once in 4 days?! I don't think so! I've even considered putting the bunnies up for adoption, I felt so bad for them. I think for October I will ask Caz or my friend at work if they could stop by a few times to do a big clean and a decent feed. I didn't ask anyone this time because my Mum said it would be ok and Michelle was coming round. It's just frustrating that Mum asked Michelle not to come back (she had invited her and Martin around for food as a thank you) as she wasn't up to visitors. I mean, that's fine and she told me this while I was away. What I didn't realise was that because Michelle wasn't coming round also meant that the bunnies wouldn't get looked at. And Rachelle did visit too!
I just get so annoyed. I mean I always get told that things will be fine and not to worry, but then like I was in hospital or this week it just doesn't happen!! I would get help or sort something else out if I thought it was needed, but every time I get asked not to. :/ I don't know why it doesn't cross anyone's mind to feed defenseless little animals who are living in hutches and have no way of getting their own food or water.....

Oh I know, my friends really aren't doing these things on purpose. It's just very difficult to not be included or not be able to take part.

I did have a good night last night tho. I invited Michelle and we shared taxi's - so I didn't have to drive for bloody once!! I was going to get the bus in, but buses make me very very sick, plus it was raining!!
We had a nice get together at the veggie place with a few people from work - it was a welcome home meal for Darrin. Of course we didn't know he'd be working with us again lol! About half of the group had to go after the meal, but a few of us went to a cool place to get some cocktails. It's called Berry & Rye and is a prohibition, speakeasy place. All cloak & dagger and knocking at secret doors :D And they had a man playing old style stuff on piano. It was really cool!!
The Berry & Rye
I had 3 different whisky/bourbon based cocktails and they were all beautiful. Finally a decent Old Fashioned ;)

After that we split again because some people wanted to go to Pop World (hell on earth for an alternative girl!) and me, Michelle, and my work friend Darrin went to the Krazy House to rock out for a bit lol. I haven't been on a night out like that since well before my diagnosis. So probably 2 years plus! I mean, don't get me wrong, I am seriously suffering for it today - fatigue and serious pain. but, it was to be expected and I just didn't want to miss out again!!
I did drink a lot yesterday, which is very strange for me! But, tbh I wasn't drunk. And I definitely don't have a hangover, although I've never suffered from hangovers :/
But I had two bottles of Old Mout cider at The Egg, 3 cocktails at Berry & Rye, and a couple of Budweisers at The K! Usually one drink and I'm done. I mean I was a little bit buzzed after one beer in Oslo! So rather odd indeed. But anyway, it was a good night :)

Is Helsinki that unusual? Lol. It is the capital city of Finland :) I'm looking at the Midsummer festival time at the moment. Will need some decent research tho as it seems most of the residents of the city bugger off to summer houses right after the festival. So will have to check and make sure that the tourist stuff will still be open and the city isn't completely dead!!
Yeah I do think an extra night or two would be sensible, if I can afford it. I like to get my money's worth out of transport expenses ;) Considering my flights to Oslo cost me around £40 return, I'd be looking at £200+ for Helsinki!!

Lots of people seem to love Berlin. Not long ago I had 3 people recommend it to me in the space of a week :) I've heard it is now incredibly vegan/veggie friendly too, which is nice. also good to hear it's not like London, I really don't like London very much lol. Oslo was very chilled, but most Scandi's are hehe.
Prague does look absolutely beautiful tho! My work friend is going back for the second time in the summer. Rachelle went a few years ago with her friends too.

The blonde highlight in my hair is very obvious, especially if you're looking at me face on. But it is kinda cool and a bit quirky, so that's alright lol. I still don't think it's quite right, but it'll have to do for now. And at least it's not blonde :p

Having a quiet-ish day today. Although had to do a big bunny clean and a de-poo. But that's about it.
Will be back properly tomorrow and start up my diary again.xx

That really is an alternative opera house! I rather like it, just as I've always liked Sydney's, which is odd as I'm not really into modern architecture. I would like to go up the Shard tho'. Yes, I think Helsinki is a pretty unusual place to visit - I don't remember meeting anyone who's been there!

Berry and Rye sounds like a place with a terrific atmosphere! In fact, your whole evening must have been pretty special. I'm glad you were able to go, and enjoy some drinks, but I'm sorry there was a payback in pain and fatigue. What a lot you managed to do in the last 10 days or so.

(I love the Viking ducks)!

Yeah I have to admit I'm not usually a fan of Modern Art and will often think, I could have done that better.... which is a running joke in my family as I have no artistic talent! Haha!
But yes, I LOVE that building!

I think Finland is my next logical place to visit if I want to continue my Scandi tour lol. I did have a quick look to see if I could maybe do a trip to Helsinki and add on the bear watching trip Explore do. But it looks like the travel alone would get very expensive. I have only very quickly looked at it though, but I do think it might be difficult to combine the two.

Berry and Rye was fantastic. It was very atmospheric, all dark and "smokey" inside - done with incense and candles, not actual smoke! The staff were great! And the barmen and the pianist were dressed in old style dark suits. It's a brilliant place! Was dreading seeing how much the drinks would be, but £7 a cocktail is fantastic for somewhere like that and cheaper than a beer in Norway ;) I was very impressed!

I know I know, I'm really trying not to feel so down and rubbish at the moment and really try to focus on the things I have done and the things that have gone well, rather than the bad side and the payback.

Maybe Helsinki is unusual then! I haven't met anyone who's been either lol. My travelling friend, Darrin, is intrigued by my Scandinavian adventures. He usually travels far east and Morocco doing animal and children charity work along the way. So Viking land would be very different! Also much more expensive :/ I couldn't do what he does though, I think if I was going somewhere like the far east or south America or somewhere I would have to go on an organised tour!

The Viking Ducks are great aren't they?! Rachelle's John has a thing for ducks, but I knew they wouldn't want me to get one, so I just sent them a pic. I did get him a tiny Viking longboat in a bottle tho. He was the only person to actually ask for a present. Cheeky bugger ;) x

Monday food - EE day.

Lunch:
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red peppers and mushrooms (half HexA)
2 free Quorn sausages
Wholemeal toast (half HexB )
Spinach, rocket, and cherry tomatoes

Break at work:
Shape 0%

Tea:
Veg packed ratatouille - with extra mushrooms, red peppers, cherry tomatoes, and spinach
Quorn meatballs
linguine
Salad & beetroot
Cheese (rest of HexA)

Snack:
Shape 0% crumble flavour (0.5) Wouldn't normally have two yogurts in a day but they're almost out of date!
1 Benefit Light (rest of HexB)
Mini Malteaser Bunny, Caramel egg, and Lindt egg (7.5)

Drinks:
Coffee, Diet Coke, diet Orangeade,

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 7

Exercise:
5hrs at work - some of it sat or stood still. Monitored two anaesthetics.

Fitbit:
Steps - 4, 764 (rubbish!!)
Calories - 2,146 (18cals under my daily goal!)
Mile - 2.01 :/

Last edited:
I have indeed stuck to plan, at least so far! But I can't see it going wrong :D

One of the ideas I cameup with was to reduce my lunchtime meal a little. I mean, sometimes I go way overboard and it is un-necessary! So going to try cutting out some stuff.
Say, for example, I wanted veggie breaky, usually I have everything don't I?! But I thought I don't really need everything, so I'll have something like today - eggs and sausages. Or if I want beans I'll have them with either eggs or sausages, not everything. And I'll try and get in extra super free.
Discovering that breakfast in Norway has inspired me lol! I can see me buying a lot of rocket :p
But I do love my big portions and I'm not going to change anything dramatically, esp as most days I only have two meals. But I do want to change it a bit and see if it helps. Just reduce things a bit :)

I know lol! John doesn't normally ask for things but I let him off seen as he asked nicely and he has Viking heritage, so I understood why he wanted something. The ships were amazing! He'd love that museum.

Work was hectic today. I ended up monitoring two anaesthetics, both dentals. I hate dentals, they're gross lol. But the second one went on and on and on and didn't finish till just before I had to take the phone. And then Out of Hours was crazy busy. Felt very sorry for the vet who is on by himself :(

Got a text from Rachelle while I was at work to say Mum had fallen in Aldi and bashed her knee :( Luckily Rachelle was actually with her. She seems ok, just rather ouchy. Not sure if she slipped or tripped on something or just went over. She wouldn't go to the walk-in or A&E (although not A&E worthy!) so I said if it is still bad or gets worse tomorrow then she has to see someone. Bloody stubborn woman ;) She does seem ok tho.

Had a nice tea, watching last week's Safe House, and will prob watch a Grey's Anatomy when Mum goes to bed. Got an ME appointment tomorrow before work. Rubbish timing as well *sigh* xx

Well done on sticking with it!

It's worth trying reducing the meal. So often we eat out of habit and not because we really need it but if you do find you get hungry you can easily go back as you were before. If it were me, I would be hungry for a bit, just because I would be aware that I'd reduced but I'm sure it would soon pass! Like you, I also tend to have just two meals a day so I also feel portion sizes can be a bit more generous - lol.

I hope your mum's ok. I'm not surprised she's feeling ouchy and she's probably feeling really shaken as well. I'm just a couple of years or so younger and I'm only too aware of the shock to the system. I fell down some stairs a few years ago - the sort with metal edgings - and sort of bounced down them. I can remember lying at the bottom feeling absolutely winded and then gingerly trying to move. My poor legs were horrendously bruised from thigh to shins and the worst of them took over a year to disappear. I don't know whether I slipped or tripped either.

Tuesday food: EE day. No HexA today :/ But I have had yogurts and cottage cheese, so should be fine.

Lunch:
2 boiled eggs
Interesting beans - beans with mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
Wholemeal toast (half HexB)
Rocket
Bit of mustard (0.5)

Break at work:
Kiwi and strawberries
Shape 0% crumble (0.5)

Tea: Katsu curry
Shallots, mushrooms, red & green peppers, new potatoes, sweet potato & butternut squash, spinach, Quorn pieces, and Katsu curry sauce (9 for the whole sachet, but my curry is 3 portions, so 3)
Pilau rice (1)
Butterhead salad & rocket
Cottage cheese

Snack:
Shape 0% crumble (0.5)
Benefit Light (rest of HexB)
Small Flake (4)

Drinks:
Coffee. Diet Orangeade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 9.5
Syns saved: 12.5

Exercise:
Short walks through the hospital grounds
4hrs at work

Fitbit:
Steps - 8,190
Calories burned - 2,395
Miles - 3.47

Last edited:
Sorry not been around been a hectic few weekdays I've not been in a good place.
Really glad you enjoyed your holiday, loved all your pictures, saw them on FB looks like an amazing place :)
Well done on getting into the swing of things. Your steps were mightily impressive, a massive congratulations must of took a lot out of you.
I hope your appointment went well today x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey guys!
Busy day. Work wasn't too bad, less crazy than yesterday anyway. The phone didn't stop ringing though!! Nipped to Sainsbury's after for a few bits, I really wanted to make curry! Also got petrol, did my tyres, and topped up the water - might as well lol!

Patty I think a lot of the time I do eat out of habit. I used to eat such big portions so I still do. Maybe time to play around a bit eh?!

The last time Mum had a bad fall like that in public she did some horrible damage to her hand and wrist. It is worrying considering she's only gonna be 57 this year! Just one of those things tho, anyone could fall or slip like that :( She seems ok today really. She hasn't let me look, but says the bruises are coming out. At least she can walk and she's doing ok.
It's awful when you have an accident like that. Really knocks your confidence too! never mind the spectacular bruises and pain.

Hey Barbette! Lovely to see you :D
And don't worry, I haven't been on anyone's diary for a while. And I know you have a lot of stuff going on. Hope your last day was ok?
I'm really glad you liked my pictures!! Thanks so much for looking at them.
There's no way I could have sustained the walking I did in Oslo, not on a normal day at home lol. But they were definitely impressive at the time. Still annoyed my Fitbit spazzed out while I was there!

My appointment was ok. Relatively short. She's worried about my sleeping being so bad at the moment and doesn't have a clue about the hallucinations. She suggested I should ask my Dr if I can up my amitriptyline dose a bit, which might help me sleep a bit better, esp now I'm completely off that sleeping pills. She said the horrendous nightmares aren't as common as the ME/CFS people make out, but they are definitely a known symptom. They are for depression/anti-depressants too, which is just great lol. The hallucinations though are a bit of a curve ball. Can't imagine the can of worms I'll be opening telling my Dr about them :(
Anyway, she was massively impressed with my Oslo trip. And she has been too! I swear we'd be friends if we knew each other away from the hospital! So we ended up chatting a fair bit about travel, again lol.

Just watching a Grey's Anatomy and then heading to bed. Avengers day tomorrow. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it's been out almost a wek and I've not seen it. Call myself a Whedonite *shakes head*

Oh, thought I'd better check my weight today. Late, I know, not the best time. It was 85.5kg, but I'm hoping at least 1kg of that is food and drink I had for lunch and in work. I'll get weighed at the weekend. Won't be on an empty stomach as I'm on at 9:30 and prefer to eat before I go to work, but certainly wont be as much as I had before getting weighed today :)

Oh and total TMI, but I'm a bit constipated at the moment. Which is odd considering what I'm eating and the insane amount I drink. Only thing different is I haven't had Matcha for a few days, so will definitely be having that tomorrow!!! I've not had any issues like that since starting to drink matcha. Needs to get my insides moving!! Plus I'm not moving very much at the moment, so I know that wont be helping. Going to start re-introducing dog walking again asap.xx

Wednesday food: EE day

Lunch:
Tuna, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, gherkins, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spud
Cottage cheese
Salad - butterhead salad, rocket, cherry tomatoes, and sweetfire beetroot.

At the cinema:
Costa caramel cappuccino with sugar free syrup and soy milk with a bit of toffee sauce (half HexA + 1)
Caramel Freddo (5)

Tea:
2 Quorn Turk'y Burgers
Low fat Supernoodles
Spicy stir-fried veg - shallots, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, green beans, and sweetcorn
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Shape 0% crumble (0.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB)

Drinks:
Coffee, Matcha (yay!), Diet Coke,

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 20

Exercise:
Not a lot, quick walk through the shops and back. I did clock 15 active minutes on my Fitbit, first lot since walking and dancing on Sat night.

Decided to go walk the dogs. I love nighttime dog walking :) Only 15mins each, but was good. Bumped in to a dog right at the end of Pinta's walk, but she wasn't horrendous. Usually she's worse in the dark!
My walking app didn't work, so just tracked the time - 31mins - but not the distance. Probably about a mile and a half. Oh and added an extra 31 Active Minutes to my Fitbit!

Fitbit:
Steps - 7,146
Calories - 2,173 (11 under!)
Miles - 3.03
Active minutes - 46

Last edited:
Another thing about Pinta's walk - don't want to clog up my food bit. There are some streets nearby that have old style concrete/pebble dashed bollards. There's one place that had a row of 6 or 7 and we have been using them as free weaving poles ;) Obv not done it for a while but thought we'd give it a go. We did two sets with me having treats in my hand and leading her. Then we did it without treats and I did a basic, slow weave command and she did it :D
We must look like proper crazies when we're out - well, more than normal ;) Just around the corner from there is a small passageway which had two bollards at either end and a lampost in the middle. A few weeks ago we did multiple weaves through the bollards and practiced our "about turn" around the lamp post. Comes in handy this free agility equipment!
Now I need to find a seesaw and a tunnel :8855:

Hope the matcha works its magic!

You know, I really don't fancy tuna and cottage cheese in the same meal but I notice you have it quite regularly. Perhaps I should try it.

Glad your mum seems OK after her fall and that your ME appointment was good. Nice to find someone to find someone who's been to discuss Oslo with, I should think. Do you think you'll raise the naightmare issue with your doctor? Might there be an alternative medication you could try? Or do you think you've got the best for you? Sorry, lots of questions.

I'd love to see Pinta working with you; she's doing really well.

You know what, I've had a really good day today! I had a horrible night, I just couldn't sleep and couldn't get warm either! But today has been brill!

I had a nice shower and actually did my hair and straightened it and even put eye makeup on (lol) I met my work friend for lunch at the veggie/vegan place in Woolton village - we actually went vegan! We had a quick walk thru Woolton and I took Marie to see the very pretty church. She's from The Wirral and doesn't know South Liverpool very well. And, even though I am biased, it is pretty damn nice ;)
Then I nipped to Asda for a few bits and to get Mum a birthday card and a couple of little prezzies. Went to pick Rachelle up from work and stopped in at hers for a coffee and a bit of a catch up. I really don't see her much any more and that needs to change!!
And I've just walked the dogs. I took Pinta a slightly different route, up a road she's not been on before. We saw a dog just as we were about to leave the house, so we went back in, but I left the front door open and just asked her to look at me and do a few things. The rest of the walk was fine until the last few mins we saw a cat and then a magpie *headdesk* But she actually wasn't too bad.
And me and Dave went to a park I've not been to in years, even though it's only a 15min walk away, and it was so nice and there were dogs everywhere and I even stopped and chatted to a guy with a big scruffy lurcher for a bit. I never talk to dog walkers ;) Next time I go I'll take a pic of where it is, it's very pretty :)

Home now and going to have my tea and I might take myself off to the cinema later. There's a film I want to see (Child 44) that's on it's last day. Will prob have to go by myself, but that's alright.

Patty I would never have had cottage cheese and tuna together, I hated cottage cheese until fairly recently. But I saw that Weightloss B*itch has it on her jacket spuds and gave it a go and it really works! I do like the flavoured low fat ones from Asda, but I only have the chive one atm.

Ask anything, honestly!! It's not the medication causing the nightmares, it's the ME and depression. Although antidepressants do contribute to it. I don't want to switch AD's again, it's a horrendous process and last time I put on 2stone and I really can't afford to do that :( If he will up my amitriptyline it can have a sedative efeect and also help with the pain, so will push that. I'm more worried about telling them about the hallucinations, because I know it screams brain tumour. But I have had 2 brain MRI's in the last two years and no signs of nasty's. Hallucinations really aren't a common symptom of depression or ME tho :/ But they are a side effect of the sleeping pills I was on, Zopiclone, but I have been off them since Oct. It's very strange!

Well Patty if you really want to see Pinta do her stuff and you ever find yourself in Liverpool or she is ever non-crazy enough to have a day out we will come visit you. I REALLY want to visit the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and the park that's near Bradford that has caves and stuff - can never remember it's name!!

Lunch out was great and I don't think too bad syn wise. We were both very good and didn't get cake, even though they had peanut butter cake!!! I had a vegan breakfast bagel which was a white bagel, sausages, black pudding, bacon, and cheese, with beans and tomatoes on the side! And we both had a small hot chocolate with soy milk and vegan cream & marshmallows :D How cool is that?! I reckon that is probably worthy of my days syns, so will try not to use any more, or just take them off my saved ones. Seem fair?
Actually I might add on 5 syns/take them from my saved, just in case. That's prob safer isn't it??
Oh and to steal a phrase from Tetris, the Pooh Fairy has visited. YAY!!! xx

Last edited:
Thursday food - an EE day. I think I can just get away with it ;)

Lunch: Vegan breakfast bagel
White bagel (about 10 aren't they??)
All vegan - bacon, sausages, black pudding, and 2 cheese slices
Beans and tomatoes
Bit of tomato sauce
Gonna say 20 syns for the meal and hot chocolate.

Tea:
Tuna, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, gherkins, Sriracha, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spud
Cottage cheese
Salad - butterhead salad, spinach, rocket, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and sweetfire beetroot.

At cinema:
A banana and a Chewy Delight (HexB)
2 mini Lindt eggs (3)

Drinks:
Coffee & Diet Coke
Small hot chocolate made with soy milk with vegan cream and marshmallows on top

Syns used: 23.5
Syns saved: 11.5

Exercise:
Bit of a walk through Woolton
Shopping at Asda - ended up with a heavy basket instead of getting a trolley :/
29min/1.3mile walk with Pinta - very hilly!
44min/2mile walk with Dave - also rather hilly!

Fitbit stuff: It died before the end of the day :(
Steps - 11, 815
Calories burned - 2, 413
Miles - 5
Active minutes - 85 (wow!!)

Last edited:
A very good day! (And I think you've made the necessary allowances for Syns).

I see the problem re the hallucinations and ADs and I can well understand that once you've found something which works you're reluctant to change it.

I know the YSP (used to live in Denby Dale, just a few miles away), but I haven't been for many years. Do you mean Shipley Glen? I don't think I've ever been, unless it was as a child. Certainly places to bear in mind!

Hope you got to see and enjoy the film.

Grrrrr!!! My Fitbit is being special again. I struggled to sync it today with my phone and at some point while I was at the cinema it completely died. I charged it all through last night - my ME therapist suggested I not track my sleep for a little bit. So charging it now. I've probably not lost out on much really, but it's still bloody annoying. It's starting to become very unreliable and I've not had it long :/ I don't understand how it can be completely drained when it was on charge for about 9 hours!!

I think I've been generous enough with syns for my lunch, right?! I'm sure it'll be fine. And I didn't have cake! Amazing :D

I don't think that's the park I mean. I'll have to text my friend who recommended me it because it's driving me crazy not being able to remember it.

I did go to the cinema. The film was ok, not quite what I was expecting and a bit slow. But glad I've seen it. And I wasn't the only weirdo loner ;)

Right, going to go to bed and hope all the walking and stuff will help me get some sleep tonight.
See y'all tomorrow.xx

Back