Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I am struggling at the moment too hun, need to pull those socks up! Looks like you've been doing rally well these past few days though, so well done! Try and dwell on all the times you have said no to the bad food and you will see that you have resisted much more often than you have given in. Which actually means that overall you are a superstar :) :)

Thank you PCS :D

Haven't been online much the past few days thanks to long, late shifts at work. I can't be ar*ed typing up my food diaries. BUT I can say that I had a completely 100% week!! I used up all my syns and had all my Hex's :D :eek:

Will hopefully get weighed some time this week and see if the hard work paid off ;)

Week 6

Monday:

Lunch- 1 Quarter of the quiche I made over the weekend (HexB1 for the feta and cheese), tomato pasta & sauce, sweetcorn, salad, and dressing (0.5) And half HexA1 low fat cheese.
Activia fat free and grapes.

Tea: Savoury rice, 2 veggie burgers (1), refried beans, little jackets, peppers, onions, gherkins, and low fat cheese (HexA2)
1tbsp of extra light mayo and 1tbsp tomato sauce (1.5)

Snack: I small Hotel Chocolat choc and 1 regular one (5)

Drinks: Coffee (all milk rest of HexA1) Ribena Really Light. Options (2)

Syns used: 10
Syns left: 5

Last edited:
Your food diary's looking yummy lately! I totally understand the feeling of struggling with healthy eating, I've been horrendous since Christmas! As of yesterday I'm officially vegan again so I'm hoping that it gets me back on track. Also thinking of coming back to SW since when I read my food diaries it's all SW-friendly and I really miss the support of the SW board, you can practically see the tumbleweeds in the healthy eating forum!

Is it Egg Cafe you go to? I love it there so much! Haven't been for a couple of yours but the food is yummy and I love the way it's decorated and everything, it's ace! xx

It is The Egg :D Absolutely love it in there. Best cheese on toast in the world :p

Be great to see you back on SW :) How's being vegan going? You feeling happier about it?

It's driving me nuts that I'm struggling to stick to plan. To be honest I think actually having some money now is one of the bigger problems-being able to afford to eat out is killing my SW angel LOL! But I am trying and am doing mostly 100% days. Been 100% again so far this week :) I have a night out planned for Friday but the plan is to make a nice, big, free tea to have before I go out and then stick to spirits and Diet Coke! Well, that's the plan anyway ;)

Tuesday: Didn't use all my HexA's today. I'm sure one day without cheese wont hurt!

Lunch: Quorn sausages, 'fried' eggs, beans, waffle (2.5), wholemeal toast (HexB1), and tomato sauce (1)

Snack: Banana.

Tea: Boiled new potatoes, 1 Quorn steak, sprouts, broccoli, carrot, and turnip. 3tsp or gravy granules (3) and 1tbsp of piccalilli (0.5)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2), strawberries, grapes, 1tsp of honey (1), and an Activia fat free.

Drinks: Coffee (milk half HexA1) Dr Pepper Zero. Squash. Diet Coke. Options (2)

Syns used: 10
Syns left: 10

Exercise: Couple of hours walking to and around the shops.
45mins cleaning out the garage animals.

Egg is amazing, I wish they'd open one in Manchester! Being vegan is going pretty well so far thanks, kind of wish I had some vegan-friendly snacks but that's my only issue so far! I feel a bit more like my old self which is nice.

Don't be too harsh on yourself, from your diaries it doesn't look like you're straying too far from plan! Sounds like a good plan for your night out! I'm going out to a new veggie restaurant for a meal tomorrow which is making me nervous, but I checked the menu and they have some fairly healthy vegan options so I think I'll just save all my syns for the meal and try not to go overboard. It's so hard to balance fun and SW isn't it?! xx

It is very hard to balance it all indeed mate! I'm not 'too' worried about Friday as I am only planning on drinking whiskey and maybe diet Coke depending on what's available. And to be honest I don't drink very much anyway.
The main worry is that slightly drunken temptation to go get pizza or something on the way home. I will try my absolute best and hope my will power stands up to the challenge :eek:

I have had a bit of a push on the motivation side of things as I tried on a t-shirt I bought in the sales which was only a little too small and now it's completely too small!! Also finally got my Iron Fist t-shirt and that is WAY too small. So I need to shift my ass! Really need to start exercising again too. Even if it is just dog walking and the odd wii-fit session, anything is better than me just being at work and walking to and from bus stops. I definitely need proper exercise back in my life!!

Went to the cinema tonight to see Paul and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
We went to Bar Burrito for our tea and I was good and got the veggie burrito bowl, so no naughty chicken and no wrap! I always count it as free because the rice is boiled and from what I can tell the veg is just very quickly flash fried and there doesn't seem to be any oil used. I should probably ask.... :p Just realised you get salsa on them! Will put a syn down for that :rolleyes:
But anyway..
For the pictures I took a funsize Mars and funsize bag of Maltersers.

Was starving by the time I got home, although no idea why. So used the last of my HexB's and made a chip and 'fried' egg butty. Probably not the most healthy of snacks, but it was free and stopped me going for more chocolate!

Lunch: Ravioli (2), wholemeal toast (HexB1), salad, low fat cheese (HexA1), and dressing (0.5)

Tea: Veggie burrito bowl- rice, beans, onions & peppers, salad, salsa (1), and a small handful of cheese (half HexA2)

At cinema: Funsize Mars (4) and funsize Maltesers (5)

Snack at home: SW chips, 'fried' egg, and half tbsp each of tomato sauce and mustard (1) on wholemeal bread (HexB2)
Activia fat free.

Drinks: Coffee (milk rest of HexA2) 7Up Free. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 13.5
Syns left: 11.5

Exercise: Maybe an hour or so of walking.

Congratulations on surviving a cinema trip with syns intact, the cinema's my biggest downfall! Haha. Bar Burrito sounds really nice, might have to go there.

Exercise is really helpful, it kind of motivates you to eat even more healthily I find. I need to start exercising too, I've been really naughty with exercise, been getting the bus to uni instead of walking which isn't good! I'm going to walk tomorrow I think. Stupid lack of motivation! Haha xx

Hi Chelsealindsay!
Thanks for visiting :) I think the odd day every now and then where you can't fit in your Healthy Extra's or just don't feel like them is fine. But they are quite important to the plan. Sometimes it's worth having a look through the list of Hex's to give you some new ideas :) And good luck.
Kelly.x

I know what you mean about motivation Oddsock, esp when it comes to exercise. I think we both have an awful lot going on in our lives at the moment and we've both had to adjust to new ways of life, so I guess we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves!

Exercise is a weird one for me. I know I go through phases of it, which doesn't bother me too much. But when I do proper exercise I tend to eat less, but also stop losing weight :confused:
I desperately want to get my fitness back though and I do really want to tone up. I guess I need to fit some doggy walks and Wii Fit sessions in to my schedule. I've just been lazy :p

On saying that I had to take Ellie hound to the vets today so we walked to the bus stop (didn't want to walk her there and back coz I suspected arthritis, and I was right!) and then home with a couple of laps round the park.
Then took Davey out for half an hour too when I got in. you never know, might just be the kick up the bum I've needed to start.

So yeah, Ellie dog at the vets. She does indeed have arthritis in her front legs :( She is getting to be an old lady dog though and it's fairly early. So starting her on these awesome sounding pills. They're fecking expensive (£25 each!) but the initial treatment is 1 pill today, one in 2 weeks after a check up, and then just one a month! So if they work they'll be awesome. It's supposed to be a brilliant treatment.
Vet has agreed to give parvo vaccination every year (most only give every 2-3yrs) because my two will be at a higher risk because of my job.
Worried her gut problems may be back, but instead of jumping straight in to antibiotics we're trying her on probiotics for 12 days to see how that goes-fingers crossed!
Her weight is stable.
Her urine dilution was a little low so I'm having to up her meds back up to the proper amount :(
And I think that's it. When I pick up her usual meds tomorrow I'll be £110 lighter :eek: Bloody dogs ;)

The insurers are gonna be thrilled with me :whistle:

She's totally zonked out now, so hopefully she's not feeling too ouchy this evening. Even after a long walk!

Will shut up now....x

Thursday food:

Lunch- 3 Quorn sausages, 1 'fried' egg, 1 waffle (2.5), half tin of beans, wholemeal toast (HexB1), and tomato sauce (1)

Tea: Home made chilli. And it was nommy!!! With brown rice, jacket sweet spudato, Eat Smart onion and chive cottage cheese (sounds weird, but is lovely with chilli/Mexican!), and low fat cheese (HexA1)

Snack: Fibre Plus (HexB2) Funsize bag of Maltesers (5)

Drinks: Coffee (milk half HexA2) Squash. Diet fizzy Vimto.

Syns used: 8.5
Syns left: 18

exercise:
45mins in total walking Ellie.
30min walk with Dave.

Oh I'm so stressed out today!! And my uni work is making feel really stupid :cry:
Going out tonight with a friend, which I hope will help. But in all honesty I am so not in the mood. Worried about money because of yesterday and even worrying about bloody syns :rolleyes:
But never mind. Hopefully we'll have fun and get loads of free Paul stuff at this promotional night!!

Friday food:

Lunch: Pasta and Sauce (made with a bit of milk from HexA1. All milk HexA1), 6 Quorn nuggets (3), microwave veg bag, and HexA2 low fat cheese.

Tea: 3 new potato jackets, few spoonfulls of chilli, and cottage cheese.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Irn Bru.
A lot of drinks out :eek: Will wipe my syns left for today and my saved ones off and hope for the best. That *should* more than cover it. Hopefully!

Exercise: 30mins walk with Ellie.
30mins walk with Dave.
Lots of dancing.
Does playing pool count?! :p

Last edited:
Aww, poor Ellie! At least she's got magical medication now :) What's the name of those tablets, if you don't mind me asking? One of my dogs has arthritis and I'm curious about these tablets, might have to switch him over to them! Dog-walking's definitely a good exercise plan, I might start taking one of my non-arthritic dogs for walkies more often. How was last night? Hope you had fun! Also, guess what? I weighed myself yesterday out of curiosity and I've lost 6lb in a week! Hurray for veganism! xx

Wow! Brilliant loss dude :D :bunnydance:

Ellie's been put on Trocoxil for her arthritis. It honestly sounds like a crazy 'wonder drug' but my vet said dogs do absolutely brilliantly on it :D Much kinder to the dog as well only having to take one pill a month-better for their tummy! Reading through the info it is basically a non steroidal anti-inflammatory-so, you know, doggy ibuprofen :p Looks good tho!
I'll see how she goes with this treatment and ask Alan's opinion on walking times and stuff. Have a feeling it'll be 20-30mins at most.

Had a really good night last night! Ended up with a Paul t-shirt, keyring, sticker, and Odeon tickets :cool: Will put a pic up on Facebook later.
Annoyed with myself though coz I had too much to drink. I never let myself get drunk, but I think maybe coz of the bad day and everything I just thought what the hell. I'm trying to remember how many drinks I actually had...I know I had two before I went The K (a single Johnnie Walker and a JD and diet coke) but actually at The K it gets a bit hazy. At a guess I would say 4-5 JD and diet Cokes (but they were doubles) and a Jagerbomb :rolleyes: :eek: I did have 2 bottles of water too. Felt horrible when I got in, but luckily just feel a little bit nauseous today, nothing major. Good work liver! I have to admit that I very, very rarely get hangovers.
Wont be doing that again in a hurry. I hate getting drunk!

Saturday food:

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 eggs scrambled, half tin of beans, wholemeal toast (HexB1), and a waffle (2.5)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea: The last 2 spoonfuls of chilli and refried beans on top of 2 veggie burgers (1). Savoury rice, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, and low fat cheese (HexA2)
Hot tomato salsa (1)

Snack: Banana, 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2), toffee eat smart yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee (milk half HexA1) Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 5.5
Syns left: 9.5

Exercise: Bugger all coz of bloody uni work :p

Last edited:
I told my family about that treatment and everyone's very excited, I think my doggy will be heading to the vet's quite soon! Sounds like you had an ace night last night! I feel your pain with the uni stuff by the way, I've been trying to write a mock research proposal and it's going horribly :( How's your work going? xx

Excellent about your doggy :D What type of hound is the one with the arthritis?

I've finished my work, just about. It was so frustrating!!! I think next week is supposed to be an 'experiment week' so god help me then!! I haven't even done any of this weeks reading with trying to do the written work. In all my other OU courses the week before your written was due you got a week to bloody well do it, not have to do it alongside the reading :(
Will have a look at the experiment stuff and study plan for next week tomorrow. Why do we do it to ourselves eh?! :rolleyes:

Back