Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

New week! And a small food related announcement.... I have realised that I don't seem to be able to cope with milk in coffee any more :confused: I never thought I would be able to, but I'm now drinking black coffee and I really like it :D Frees up half a Hex most days too ;) Although I didn't quite get my HexA's today....

Anyway, todays food...

Monday:

Breakfast and first break: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB1), banana, an Eat Smart yogurt, and a few grapes and bits of strawberry.

Lunch: Wholemeal bread (HexB2), Quorn beef, gherkins, low fat cheese (half HexA1), and a tiny bit of mustard and light mayo (0.5)
Salad, tomatoes, peppers, carrot, and dressing (0.5)
Cheese Curls (3.5)
The rest of the grapes and strawberry.

Afternoon break: A plum.

While cooking: 2 slices of Quorn ham and some grapes.

Tea: 1 Quorn steak, SW chips, peas, carrots, and tomato sauce (1)

Snack: Toffee Eat Smart yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 5.5
Syns left: 9.5

Exercise: Work and walking.

Last edited:
Tuesday:

Breakfast and break: 2 Alpens (HexB1), banana, yogurt, and some of my fruit tub (strawberries, diff chunks of melon, and red grapes)

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta, Quorn pieces and ham, 4 diff types of pepper, jalapeños, sweetcorn, tomatoes, red onion, feta (HexA1), Chipotle Tabasco, and 2tbsp extra light mayo (1)
A bit of salad and dressing (0.5)
Rest of the fruit tub.

Afternoon break: A plum.

When I got home- a bit of leftover pasta.

Tea: Moussaka Innocent Veg Pot (2.5), with Ainsley Harriot Moroccan cous cous (1.5), salad, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, feta (HexA2), and dressing (0.5)

Snack: Fibre Plus (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. 7 Up Free. Squash. Options (2)

Syns used: 8
Syns left: 16.5

Exercise: Work and walking.
25min walk with Ellie.

Last edited:
Wednesday.
Braved going to Asda today after work in the hope of finding interesting Quorn. I didn't :( I did get some chickpea dahl tho :) Found some double chocolate Alpen Lights too! Hope they're nice....just read the reviews in the syn section and they're a bit mixed.

Off to the pics later to see Limitless. Have lotsa syns saved so I don't have to be careful today :D

Breakfast and break: Not even half a banana coz it broke in half :wave_cry:
2 Alpen lights (HexB1). Pack of melon chunks. Shape Zero.

On the bus: An apple.

Lunch: Leftover spicy Quorn and veg thing I made the other night with pasta and feta (HexA1). Salad, dressing (0.5), a tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5)

At the cinema: Time Out (8.5) Solero (5) Forgot to add on the two Maltesers I nicked off Mum's (1)

Tea: 2 Quorn sausages, little herby potatoes, half a tin of beans, and a 2 egg omelette with low fat cheese (HexA2), tomatoes, red onion, and a small mushroom sliced VERY thinly so I couldn't taste it :p

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Vimto.

Syns used: 16.5
Syns left: 15

Exercise: Work and walking to and from bus stops and around bloody Asda.
30min walk home from the cinema.

Last edited:
OMG how cute is Ellie! I love her! She says she'd love to come play with Hattie and Baxter:p

She's such a cutie. My two are trying to get me into an early grave... Saturday Bax collapsed in the park. His back legs looked like they just gave way (he's not even a year old yet) and I had to carry him home with Hattie hot on my heels (she decided to stop to play with 2 Westies!). Off to emergency vet - 1 inflam jab later we are home.
Sunday Hattie decides to throw up 20+ times. I panic as she's only 15 weeks and puppies dehydrate so quickly.... she got better...
until... I come home Monday to find her limping! Off to vet we go - again - and she has injured her elbow so she has an anti-inflam jab.
Last night she crunched up and ate snails (!) = lungworm - back to vet for Advocate wormer to kill any lungworms! arghhhh!! Plus, she's still limping so we have to give her till tomorrow then take her back to the vet for scans:( my poor baby girl. My dad told me that Bax and Hattie tried to get through the back door at the same time and Bax slammed her into the door frame! My stress and worry levels are through the roof:eek:

What's the chickpea dhal like? I've seen peeps mention it but haven't tried it. Is it worth giving it a go?

Hope you enjoyed the cinema xxx

Wow! Your dogs are really testing your stress levels aren't they?! Really hope Hattie's elbow is ok! And that is a LOT of vomit! Will you let me know how they both get on?

Ellie is lovely, she really is :D Not very good with other dogs though-she's fear aggressive. Bloody rescue dogs ;) Apart from that she's a brilliant dog.
Davey is brill too and mega cute.

The chickpea dhal is pretty nice! Well, surprisingly nice for tinned stuff anyway! I usually add extra stuff to it like Quorn pieces and bits of veg :) Definitely worth a go for 70-odd pence!

Thursday. Day off today. So far I've done the mountain of dishes, put them all away, put some washing out, made lunch, and I'm now watching The Jungle Book with the dogs :D

Had a bit of a freak out this morning. I realised just how close the wedding is! I don't fit in to my dress properly yet (teeny bit of the zip wont do up!) which is good really because I want to carry on losing weight. BUT I have been so rubbish lately and I'm not really losing weight at the moment either. Gah!!!
Think I definitely need to keep at the exercise as often as I can fit it in. And try really really hard with my food. I have a couple of days off coming up soon (sister's birthday, Easter, then Mum's birthday in May) but I need to try super hard to just have like one day or one meal off plan, not 2-3 :rolleyes:
Getting worried now....

Lunch: Veggie ravioli (2), Quorn peppered beef slices, low fat cheese (HexA1), wholemeal toast (HexB1), salad, tomatoes, cucumber, and dressing (0.5)

Tea inspired by Oddsock! 2 Morrison's veggie burgers (1), 2 medium jacket spuds, Adsa Good For You coronation cottage cheese, low fat cheese (HexA2) salad, grated carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, and dressing (0.5)

Snack: 2 Alpen lights (fudge & choc and a double choc HexB2), banana, and a toffee yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee. Lots of squash. Johnnie Walker (2.5)

Syns used: 6.5
Syns left: 23.5

Exercise: 35min hilly walk with Ellie (Its so hard trying to keep her walks 20-30mins!)
An hour walk/run with Dave. Tried really, really hard today and I'm running further and further each time :) :chores016:

Last edited:
When is the wedding again? Half a stone off will easily see the dress do up and if you have longer than 7 weeks it's SO doable. Focus! Focus!

(She says having just put the ice cream back in the freezer...:eek:)

Wedding is the middle of July :) Suddenly doesn't seem like very far away!
If I could just have a few weeks without needing a day off I'd be fine, but that's not gonna happen till the middle of May now. At least I know I can stick do SW 100% on the good days!

Walked Ellie this afternoon up a hill I used to have to stop for a rest, but we got all the way to the top :D Went up to meet my Sister at the bus stop.
Then took Dave out for a run in the woods and meadow. My God I worked damn hard today. I'm really pleased with how well I'm progressing with running. I mean by anyone elses standards I still suck :p But I'm pleased with me. I'm running further and further each time and its taking less time for me to recover!
Today we got round the meadow and woods that quickly that I had to add on quite a bit extra to make up the time and even then we only just made it to the hour mark. Quite impressed :eek:

Great work on the running! I think feeling fitter is almost as good as feeling thinner :)

I go on holiday in July and want to be 10lbs lighter by then (or as close as poss...). I KNOW we can keep losing if we keep at it, a couple of meals out is nothing in the grand scheme of things :)

Back