Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Your course sounds thrilling too lol! Yeah, I get a bit of a pay rise when I finish mine, but it's still not enough to motivate me.

Our trip to Lapland is two adventure holidays put together, with a night off in between so we have 2 spare days to explore Kiruna. Our first holiday is a 3 day dog sled trek. So we get a team of dogs each on the Monday morning and don't come back till Wednesday :D We'll be staying in wilderness cabins along the route. Then we're staying in a guest house in Kiruna town centre. It's an odd looking building that actually has a museum in the basement! It had better reviews than the expensive places, so I picked there. VÄLKOMMEN TILL OSS! And it's not a big town, so anywhere you stay is handy for tourist stuff!
Then we start the second holiday, which is a bit more relaxed. Our first full day is horse riding through forests. Our second day is reindeer sledding and a tour round the ice hotel (determined to get a drink at the Ice Bar no matter how stupidly expensive it is ;)), and the 3rd day is dog sledding in a different area. We're flying from Heathrow so doing a night at an airport hotel before and after too. It's still not quite real yet. I've wanted to do this for so long and we're been planning it for over a year!

We're lucky we picked this year as it's a massive year for solar flares and storms, so we should have a very good chance of seeing the Northern Lights. I'm sure one of the storms is due to happen while we're there. Fingers crossed!! Yeah, screw Santa, nature and science are way cooler ;)

Last edited:
Your trip sounds awesome!! It seems like it will be action packed. That's more my idea of a holiday too I'm not one for sitting by the pool all day. I would much rather be doing something each day and have it all planed. That's why we choose Vegas for our honeymoon cause it's much more get up and go. Mexico or somewhere relaxing would of bored us!!

I like a bit of a relax, but love to explore. I went to the north of Tenerife with my Mum about 18months ago. Taking in to account that I like to sleep late and Mum has several chronic pain illnesses.... I only missed breakfast once in 10 days and we half a day of relaxing on the beach! We explored anything and everything we could get to lol! I came home with over 500 photo's, which is a lot, even for me ;) But we found lots of lovely gardens, we did some trips, went to old villages, museums, the big animal park a couple of times, the National Park, etc. People think we're nuts coz we use public transport anywhere we go, but why not?! You get to see SO much!

I've been to Mexico. We didn't stop there either! We stayed in a small, residential apartment, which was basically self catering. So we had to go out to eat, use the supermarkets, we travelled all over the place, used the buses there too. My camera got stolen, but I saw it happen and refused to get off the bus and made quite a fuss (I was only 16!) and my Mum bounced on and gave the guys hell. You don't mess with Scousers do you?

I really don't think I've been anywhere and just relaxed. I'd feel it was a waste of money. If you're going to somewhere new, especially another country, go and SEE the country :)

So yeah, a bit of an adventurer at heart!

Thursday: Mum had her op today. It looked like it might not happen as she was still waiting to go down at 3pm and they stop sending patients thru at 4! But I text her at 3:20 asking if she was still conscious and I didn't get a reply. She was heading to recovery just after 5pm and we were there by 6pm. She was still very sleepy and a bit out of it, had a very sore throat, and a VERY pink hand. I think someone went a bit mental with the surgical scrub :p She was in a lot of pain, but also on a lot of morphine and Tramadol (which contains morphine!)
We stayed for almost 2 hours but we could see she was trying to stay awake for us. Felt awful leaving her there! Her board said she'll be discharged tomorrow, but it depends on her pain management and what the consultant says tomorrow.
She had a Trapeziectomy if any one is interested in medical stuff.

Anyway, food! I had an epic tea :D Also trying to slow down on the HexA's as I had a couple of days of using all of them. Need to watch that! It's harder when I'm in work.

L: 2 Linda M Sausages, half tin of beans, 2 boiled eggs, herby crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and sauce (HexB1 + 1)

Tea: Portion of chilli with some red jalapeños thrown in, packet of Golden rice, cheese, salad, beetroot & red cabbage, cottage cheese, and 2 Taco Trays. (HexA1 + 4)

Snack: This was really nice. A crumbled Apple Alpen, pineapple and kiwi chunks on top with a tsp of maple syrup, then a vanilla Activia, and topped with a crumbled Lemon Alpen and another tsp of maple syrup. Mmmmm!!! :drool: HexB2 + 1

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 20

Exercise: A quick clean of the bunnies, hoovering, and general tidying. And a whole 10 minutes of walking lol

Last edited:
I just sat with Dave watching You Tube video's for well over half an hour!

We watched The Mother****ing Pterodactyl 4 times in a row 542855_10151262117282142_20739768_n.jpg

Then we watched a few Biffy Clyro vids while he was on my knee. I needed to get up so put the laptop on the couch and left him with Biffy's Living's a Problem... 602096_10151262132887142_103267096_n.jpg

I was in the kitchen for a good few minutes before I came back to check on him 481114_10151262133617142_1377766601_n.jpg

He's such a funny little dog :D

Friday: Mum's home and I've cancelled my coffee date with a work friend coz I didn't want to leave her alone. When she fell asleep I nipped upstairs for a Lush shower and scrub. And smothered myself in moisturiser. Would like my skin to be in as good a condition as possible before my holiday coz I think it'll really suffer. So a couple of weeks of scrubs and body butters should help. Need to make extra effort with my feet! So scrubbed them and used a gorgeous Lush foot moisturiser: it's all spicy and warming :)

Anyway, todays food. Green Day + 10. I got a bit carried away with lunch again and I may have snaffled a teeny bit of the Bunny Brioche Mum bought the other day, with a teeny bit of chocolate spread on. And I do mean a stupidly tiny amount!

Lunch: 2 jacket spuds, a Quorn apple burger, bbq beans with fried onion, mushroom, and sweet pepper in, gherkins, cheese, salad, and lc dressing (half HexA1 + 0.5)
Little chunk of brioche (2)

Tea: Quorn bolognese. Red onion, garlic, red and green peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, Quorn mince, herbs & seasoning. With wholemeal spaghetti, cheese, salad, beetroot, mayo and dressing (half HexA1 + 0.5)

Snacks: 2 Alpen's with chopped kiwi, vanilla Activia, and 1tsp of maple syrup (HexB1 + 0.5)
A Hotel Chocolat choc (3)
A Special K Chewy bar (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns saved: 23.5

Have been in such a munchy, hungry mood today.

Last edited:
Oh I phoned the car place before and spoke to some woman. She said they wouldn't have any availability of courtesy cars until mid March. So I said I'm going away the 2nd week of March and wanted it sorting before then because it's getting dangerous now. She said she'd phone me back. 2hrs later and I'm still waiting....

Saturday: Oh dear Lord it's cold! I just been out to clean and feed the bunnies and my hand and feet are SO painful! It keeps trying to snow as well. Having yet another hungry day. I'll blame the cold and being ridiculously tired! I did sleep a little better last night. Instead of nightmares I had weird dreams. Just bizarre! I mean, one of them was me buying bags of salad. Wtf?! :confused: LOL!
When Mum makes up we're going to Asda to get a few bits. My friend's coming round for tea, to check the dog's sore bum, and to try and help me with this stupid assignment. She's an almost qualified vet nurse. She comes in handy ;)
I'm making sausage casserole for tea. A meaty one for Mum and Michelle and a veggie one for me. YAY! My friend's a proper weirdo and doesn't like mash or much veg really lol. So I'm going to make some nice little jacket new spuds. And me and Mum will prob have a bit of mash and some purple flowering sprouts with ours :D

I've had a lovely food day. Still bloody munchy though and in desperate need of using some syns. So finishing the evening with a bit of Supernatural and chocolate!

Food: Green Day + 15

Lunch: A pack of Mac & Cheese Pasta N Sauce, 1 Quorn fillet, cheese, salad, dressing & 1/2 tbsp of bbq sauce (HexA1 milk & cheese + 0.5)

Snack: M&S toffee yogurt with broken up chocolate Oaty Bar (HexB1)

Tea: Sausage casserole: Quorn Cumberland sausages, red onion, garlic, peppers, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach, mixed beans, bbq beans, and herby chopped tomatoes. 2 Little jackets, cheesy Smash, and purple flowering sprouts. (1.5 for sausages) I have 2 portions left for meeeeeee :D God I love this meal!!

Dessert: 3 mini meringues (for 3 works out to 48kcal), a good few spoonfuls of blackforest frozen fruit, a Shape 0%, and 1tsp of maple syrup (3 syns for the whole thing)

Snack: A Chomp (5.5) + 2 Cadbury's Snack! biscuits (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 18
Syns saved: 20.5

Exercise: Cleaning the bunnies and shuffling round Asda.

Last edited:
Oh my- your bunnies are SO lovely :D and Dave- that's so cute that he watched youtube with you!! Haha. Yesterday my cat lay on the corner of my laptop watching me play The Sims (have gotten re-obsessed since my sister visited and we played it all day!) you've totally inspired me to put some pics up of my cat to show you how spazz he is, but will do it on my journal so as not to spam yours :p haha

I always WI first thing in the morning in the gap between peeing and breakfast :p the lightest time of the day! When I went to group those three times I thought it was crazy to weigh in so late at night, bodies fluctuate throughout the day and if I'd just had a big meal or exercised and drank loads then it would show a gain?! No thanks :p even if you see the overall weight dropping over the weeks I need motivation from the numbers each week! Having said that, on the couple of times I've gained I've persistently weighed in each morning until it evened out again :p lol!

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit more motivated about your course after your presentation!

x Sophie

Feel free to spam my page with animal pics lol! Brightens it up ;) I never have many photo's of Ellie. She's almost completely black and blends in to everything!! She also doesn't get up to as much mischief as Dave! My friend re-checked Ellie's anal glands for me tonight, which I'm sure everyone wanted to know, and they're all good! I was just a bit paranoid about them, but Michelle said they're fine. I have noticed a bulge under one of her eyes tho, so will have to watch that and either take her in if it gets scary big or wait till her 6 month MOT. Bloody dog, seriously!

I try to weigh in as early as I can. Which is why I'm ignoring this weeks mysterious gains ;) I'm on the middle shift Mon & Tues and there's loads of people around then, so might not get a sneaky jump on the scales. I'll weigh at the weekend tho. No doubt Sat morning and Sun just to check :p By the time I've gotten to work I would have at least had porridge tho, but that's not too bad. I just refuse to have scales in the house coz I know I'd drive myself nuts with them!
I totally get what you mean about weighing in at group. They all seem to meet around tea time :confused: I know it's better for people who work and stuff, but not good for actual weighing.

My friend helped me with the assignment I'm struggling on (animals in pain) and we actually found some very interesting research being done in to physical signs of pain in rabbits. Because they're a prey species they don't show pain or illness really until it's too late. But it wasn't enough to say this in my assignment so I found some stuff. I found a 'pain scale' for dogs, cats, and rabbits. The rabbit one is very interesting! Me and my friend were laughing saying we should develop our own which basically goes "Happy Rabbit" - "Slightly sad rabbit" - "dead rabbit". Yes, we're evil, but it's true!! Just like the cat one should go "Happy cat" - "sad cat" + "Aggressive cat" + "AGGRESSIVE cat" + "I will rip your face of cat" - "dead cat" :whistle:

Anyway, if anyone would like to know about pain in animals I will send you my assignment, which now has pictures. Oh yes....

I am loving Dave!!! We have a staffy called Rocky my husband had him before we met, he is a big idiot lol. I know staffy's get a bad name but I couldnt trust my dog more I think it is how they are brought up. Rocky is a big softie. I am such a doggie person couldnt imagine my home never having a dog in it. The assignment sounds hard going at least u had a friend to help and who had a shared intrest.

I hear you about the weather it has been crazy cold here too. I walked Rocky on Friday night and really though my hands and ears were going to fall off lol!!!

I cant believe your car drama isnt sorted yet. I am sure you are fuming. Can you not leave it in with them while you are away on hols?? I would threaten them that if they dont start to buck up there ideas you will be contacting citizens advice and the papers. its crazy the way you have been treated with it.

Haha- I laughed at the pain scale you made :p 'slightly sad rabbit' - -dead rabbit'! Why is that though?
My sister's rabbit had babies then a couple of weeks or so later had more! Apparently they store two sets of fertilized eggs at once or something? Found that really interesting. Unfortunately that whole second batch died really quickly :/ I think it was because the kids were handling them when they were new born, or maybe the mum just looked after the other elder ones?

Glad Ellie's anal gland is ok... *slowly pushes aside remaining breakfast...* just kidding :D
My cat has a dodgy eye sometimes too, but it swaps between eyes! It goes really red and squinty for a couple of days then goes back to normal, went a long time without any problems over the summer so we figured (after internet research) it was from the litter tray as we didnt have one for ages but are now shutting him in at night so he doesnt get hit on the road like our other puss :( apparently the litter can irritate their eyes if they are fiendish diggers (which he really is!), we tried changing from catsan grains to the wood chip pellet sort of stuff but h still gets it every few weeks... Any thoughts?

I read on other threads that some people literally dont eat on the day of their WI even if it is in the evening-- not healthy! I'd hate that though, knowing if I had a juicy meal I'd be paying to be weighed inaccurately because if it. Also on * week I couldnt stand to pay to be weighed when I knew it would be bad :S I dont really get how so many people would leave straight after WI so they literally used a fiver to get weighed... But then I didnt find IMAGE therapy inspiring at all! At least they dont rake in money from products like weight watchers do, saw a programme on it recently about how it is such a con :O

cheekychinchilla said:
Feel free to spam my page with animal pics lol! Brightens it up ;) I never have many photo's of Ellie. She's almost completely black and blends in to everything!! She also doesn't get up to as much mischief as Dave! My friend re-checked Ellie's anal glands for me tonight, which I'm sure everyone wanted to know, and they're all good! I was just a bit paranoid about them, but Michelle said they're fine. I have noticed a bulge under one of her eyes tho, so will have to watch that and either take her in if it gets scary big or wait till her 6 month MOT. Bloody dog, seriously!

I try to weigh in as early as I can. Which is why I'm ignoring this weeks mysterious gains ;) I'm on the middle shift Mon & Tues and there's loads of people around then, so might not get a sneaky jump on the scales. I'll weigh at the weekend tho. No doubt Sat morning and Sun just to check :p By the time I've gotten to work I would have at least had porridge tho, but that's not too bad. I just refuse to have scales in the house coz I know I'd drive myself nuts with them!
I totally get what you mean about weighing in at group. They all seem to meet around tea time :confused: I know it's better for people who work and stuff, but not good for actual weighing.

My friend helped me with the assignment I'm struggling on (animals in pain) and we actually found some very interesting research being done in to physical signs of pain in rabbits. Because they're a prey species they don't show pain or illness really until it's too late. But it wasn't enough to say this in my assignment so I found some stuff. I found a 'pain scale' for dogs, cats, and rabbits. The rabbit one is very interesting! Me and my friend were laughing saying we should develop our own which basically goes "Happy Rabbit" - "Slightly sad rabbit" - "dead rabbit". Yes, we're evil, but it's true!! Just like the cat one should go "Happy cat" - "sad cat" + "Aggressive cat" + "AGGRESSIVE cat" + "I will rip your face of cat" - "dead cat" :whistle:

Anyway, if anyone would like to know about pain in animals I will send you my assignment, which now has pictures. Oh yes....

I know all about the bunny pain scale, my poor little one showed no signs whatsoever of having a nasty infection in her mouth, vet cut her teeth regularly but they shot up through her mouth in the space of a week :( she only lasted about 2 weeks after that. Wish I'd known ways to spot it earlier x

I am loving Dave!!! We have a staffy called Rocky my husband had him before we met, he is a big idiot lol. I know staffy's get a bad name but I couldnt trust my dog more I think it is how they are brought up. Rocky is a big softie. I am such a doggie person couldnt imagine my home never having a dog in it. The assignment sounds hard going at least u had a friend to help and who had a shared intrest.

I hear you about the weather it has been crazy cold here too. I walked Rocky on Friday night and really though my hands and ears were going to fall off lol!!!

I cant believe your car drama isnt sorted yet. I am sure you are fuming. Can you not leave it in with them while you are away on hols?? I would threaten them that if they dont start to buck up there ideas you will be contacting citizens advice and the papers. its crazy the way you have been treated with it.

I couldn't be without a dog. And I'm a firm believer in a multiple dog household! But that's just my personal preference. Believe me, I know all about the staffy debate, and it is generally down to the owners and how they are trained and treated. Genetics does come in to play tho, if you have an aggressive parent, particularly the mother, then the pups are likely to inherit that. It's so sad though coz they can be amazing dogs, but the idiot owners have ruined it. So much so that I would never have one. Esp as I would probably only re-home a dog, so there's no way I would take on a second hand staffy knowing what kind of problems they'll have caused to end up at kennels in the first place! But, to be fair, working in veterinary you do see the worst of animals, so it's not surprising I think like that really.

Yup, I'm so sick of the car drama. I didn't bother phoning them back yesterday as I wasn't sure if either of the people I've been speaking to would be in over the weekend. and of course they didn't phone me back. I wish I knew someone who could help me with the legal side of all this :( I've been to CAB over them mis-selling me the finance, but he basically just said it was my own fault for signing the papers. Yes, I know that, but I wanted help and advice, not to be told off like a child. So it's put me off going back there really. But trading standards and some other places wont deal with cases if they've not been sent via CAB :rolleyes:
I might suggest that they pick up the car and drop it off while I'm away, so no courtesy car is needed. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow. Absolute idiots! x

Haha- I laughed at the pain scale you made :p 'slightly sad rabbit' - -dead rabbit'! Why is that though?
My sister's rabbit had babies then a couple of weeks or so later had more! Apparently they store two sets of fertilized eggs at once or something? Found that really interesting. Unfortunately that whole second batch died really quickly :/ I think it was because the kids were handling them when they were new born, or maybe the mum just looked after the other elder ones?

Glad Ellie's anal gland is ok... *slowly pushes aside remaining breakfast...* just kidding :D
My cat has a dodgy eye sometimes too, but it swaps between eyes! It goes really red and squinty for a couple of days then goes back to normal, went a long time without any problems over the summer so we figured (after internet research) it was from the litter tray as we didnt have one for ages but are now shutting him in at night so he doesnt get hit on the road like our other puss :( apparently the litter can irritate their eyes if they are fiendish diggers (which he really is!), we tried changing from catsan grains to the wood chip pellet sort of stuff but h still gets it every few weeks... Any thoughts?

I read on other threads that some people literally dont eat on the day of their WI even if it is in the evening-- not healthy! I'd hate that though, knowing if I had a juicy meal I'd be paying to be weighed inaccurately because if it. Also on * week I couldnt stand to pay to be weighed when I knew it would be bad :S I dont really get how so many people would leave straight after WI so they literally used a fiver to get weighed... But then I didnt find IMAGE therapy inspiring at all! At least they dont rake in money from products like weight watchers do, saw a programme on it recently about how it is such a con :O

Rabbits don't show pain because they're a prey species. So by the time they don't look right or you notice they've stopped eating it's too late to do anything. And really, there isn't an awful lot you can treat bunnies for. There are some things like dental work, treatment for gut stasis, antibiotics, etc... But nowhere near the amount of thing you can do for a cat or a dog. They're a nightmare for a vet because they do not show signs until it is generally too late. I've had a lot of bunnies (my pets) just suddenly die. Like Ralph's brother, Victor. He was a healthy weight, about 6 months old, no problems with him, looked perfect, and I'd been to see them the night before and when I went in the afternoon after he was dead :confused: It's hard work!!
Yeah the 2nd lot of baby bunnies would probably have been ignored by the mother so she could concentrate on the first batch. Animals are ruthless with their young! I've been lucky enough to not be caught out by bunnies, but I have had chinchilla babies. 3 lots actually. OMG they are the easiest, most cutest babies to look after. Literally 10mins after birth they're bouncing round the cage like loonies! The gestation of chins is one of the longest for a small animal (close to guinea's) and the kits are born fully furred, eyes ope, and able to hear. I also have pics of my baby chins if anyone is interested ;)

Your kitty's eye does sound like an allergy. Is there anything you can think of that changed or you do every couple of weeks? Air freshner, bedding washes, carpet cleaners, flowers or plants in the house, etc?? I know with dogs you can give them a Piriton (but ONLY Piriton) or two when mild allergies flare up, but I'm not sure with cats. I could ask for you? I have a vet friend who'll let me ask her anything. He could just need some low dose eye drops or cream just when it flares up :)

Oh the crazy starving before WI I couldn't do. Before I started working where I am I used to go to my local Boots to use their scales. But It would also be an hour or so after lunch and I wouldn't starve or skimp on food. I never starve or skimp on food :p

I know all about the bunny pain scale, my poor little one showed no signs whatsoever of having a nasty infection in her mouth, vet cut her teeth regularly but they shot up through her mouth in the space of a week :( she only lasted about 2 weeks after that. Wish I'd known ways to spot it earlier x

Rabbits are so difficult. Really you would only spot them struggling to eat or stopping all together. Difficult if they love with other bunnies. You might see some slight swelling and a change in their demeanor. And they'd probably stop grooming. But it's SO hard with rabbits! It really is. Even professionals don't always spot a sick rabbit!

Dental disease like you've described is awful :( Itcan be managed to an extent with good quality hays and roughage, but some are just too severe :( I'm so sorry about your bunny.xx

Sunday: God I had a rough night! Was still awake at 5:30 :cry:And was really shivering, even though my skin felt warm. So I gave up, took half a sleeping pill, and put on a thermal t-shirt. I woke up at least 4 times between 6am and 1pm. Grrrr!! So tired and really achey from being curled up and shivering. Hope I'm not coming down with something. I'll be well annoyed if I am!

Today tho I just need to throw some food in with the bunnies and check their bedding, make my work lunch, finish this assignment, and get a shower. Obv food for me and Mum too. Actually, I'm tired just thinking of that!!

Food: Extra Easy Day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, beans with fried cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in, cheesy scrambled eggs, 2 slices of normal size wholemeal toast, and bbq sauce (half HexA1, HexB1 + 3)

Tea: Quorn cottage pie, little roasties, mixed veg (carrots, broccoli, peas, and cauliflower), a few purple sprouts, gravy, piccalilli, and horseradish (7)

End of the week treats spread out over the evening: A double decker (14)
Fun Size Curly Wurly (3.5)
2 Hotel Chocolat chocs (6)

Drinks: Coffee. Mountain Dew Zero YAY!!! Options Turkish Delight made with Almond milk (half HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 35.5
Syns left this week: 0 :)

Last edited:
Your kitty's eye does sound like an allergy. Is there anything you can think of that changed or you do every couple of weeks? Air freshner, bedding washes, carpet cleaners, flowers or plants in the house, etc?? I know with dogs you can give them a Piriton (but ONLY Piriton) or two when mild allergies flare up, but I'm not sure with cats. I could ask for you? I have a vet friend who'll let me ask her anything. He could just need some low dose eye drops or cream just when it flares up :)

I'm 95% sure it's from the litter tray. We only noticed the eye problems reoccurring when we got the litter tray back out after 6 months without it (since we keep him in at night now). The google search I did came up with loads of stuff about cats who dig frantically getting litter in their eyes making them red and swollen, and that there's not much you can do about that :/ I'm going to keep trying different litter types in the mean time, but please do ask your vet friend :) maybe she has a solution!

Sorry to hear you had a rough night :/ sounds like almost feverish symptoms... Drink lots of water to flush whatever that was out!
x

Back