Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hahaha my walk in the woods with Dave looks so random on Map My Walk. I promise you we didn't just aimlessly wander, there are lots of interweaving trails. And there's a very old grand driveway that runs through the woods at a lower level, even going under a bridge, that's great to walk down. There used to be a big ol' house up there.
I have to say that woods, Childwall Woods or the Fairy Glen, is still one of my favourite places ever. Used to spend a lot of time there with my Dad. It's also one of my favourite places to run too, it really tests you. And, you know, it's pretty :D

This was taken at the start of the driveway. The walls are a beautiful sandstone and end up at least 8ft high :)
IMG-20130502-00213.jpg

Chester Zoo is one of my favourite places :) I've only been in Leeds for 3.5 years, I was born and raised in Manchester and then lived in Warrington for 18 years. Not been to tropical world yet, but now I'm going to :) I love all animals, love the apes, they make me laugh. I really want another tarantula but the OH said no :( Will just have to make do we Sam and my 2 budgies Bert & Ernie x

Chester Zoo is one of my favourite places too! For my 30th my friends have bought me a Lemur Experience there!! I adore lemurs but have never really met any. Reminds me that I really should book that!
The keeper at Tropical World let me and my friend feed the lemurs through the bars with grapes once :D
If I had money and a massive garden I would LOVE to keep a couple of lemurs. Really must put the lottery on or find me a rich guy ;) I already know where I want to live lol

Tropical World is brilliant and only about £3 to get in to. They have some really unusual animals too, things I've never seen in any other zoo!! I was really impressed with it and go every time I go to Leeds now lol. Ah you've lived pretty close to me then! What made you move to Leeds? Which bit are you in? My friend used to live there, but very recently moved to Bradford. My fake brother and sister in-law used to live there too, when they went to Uni.

Oh that sucks that you can't have another spider. I mean, not my choice of pet lol, but it is a bit mean that he wont let you get one. Any guy I meet wouldn't really have a say LOL. I'm tempted to start using a dating sight again and using "Must love dogs" as a tag line ;) I could never, ever be without at least 2 dogs. But I do like having bunnies too.

Awww budgies called Bert and Ernie. That's so cute!! :D

Chester Zoo is one of my favourite places too! For my 30th my friends have bought me a Lemur Experience there!! I adore lemurs but have never really met any. Reminds me that I really should book that!
The keeper at Tropical World let me and my friend feed the lemurs through the bars with grapes once :D
If I had money and a massive garden I would LOVE to keep a couple of lemurs. Really must put the lottery on or find me a rich guy ;) I already know where I want to live lol

Tropical World is brilliant and only about £3 to get in to. They have some really unusual animals too, things I've never seen in any other zoo!! I was really impressed with it and go every time I go to Leeds now lol. Ah you've lived pretty close to me then! What made you move to Leeds? Which bit are you in? My friend used to live there, but very recently moved to Bradford. My fake brother and sister in-law used to live there too, when they went to Uni.

Oh that sucks that you can't have another spider. I mean, not my choice of pet lol, but it is a bit mean that he wont let you get one. Any guy I meet wouldn't really have a say LOL. I'm tempted to start using a dating sight again and using "Must love dogs" as a tag line ;) I could never, ever be without at least 2 dogs. But I do like having bunnies too.

Awww budgies called Bert and Ernie. That's so cute!! :D
We call Bert Bertie most of the time as we found out she's a little girl, they were too young to sex when we got them.

My OH is from Leeds and it was easier for me to move than him, all my family are in Manchester so it was nearly as close as being in Warrington and all his family are here. He's been non-weight bearing and practically wheelchair bound for 4 years now with one thing and another so his family have helped out a lot, that's why I work nights so I can look after him.

I would love a baby tortoise and a cat (prefer cats to dogs, love Sam though) too but no go on them too.

Haha it's so common with birds isn't it? The sexing thing. I'm sure she doesn't mind ;) I had guinea pigs called Harry and Ron (both girls) because of their colours lol.

Ah fair enough about the move to Leeds. I'm sorry to hear about your husband, that must be such hard work for both of you :( I think I said my Mum has a lot of pain and mobility illnesses didn't I? Not as severe as your husband tho.

Awww tortoises are awesome! I wouldn't mind one of them actually. I really miss working with exotics!! We used to see all sorts of crazy things in my old practice! When I was learning to drive last year my instructor took me to his house to meet his wife, dog, and tortoise lol!
I have to admit I'm definitely more of a dog person. Working with cats terrifies me beyond belief! But I wouldn't mind one as a pet. I grew up with a cat called Polly :)
I quite like the independent nature of cats and I think they live quite happily with the right dog.x

Haha it's so common with birds isn't it? The sexing thing. I'm sure she doesn't mind ;) I had guinea pigs called Harry and Ron (both girls) because of their colours lol.

Ah fair enough about the move to Leeds. I'm sorry to hear about your husband, that must be such hard work for both of you :( I think I said my Mum has a lot of pain and mobility illnesses didn't I? Not as severe as your husband tho.

Awww tortoises are awesome! I wouldn't mind one of them actually. I really miss working with exotics!! We used to see all sorts of crazy things in my old practice! When I was learning to drive last year my instructor took me to his house to meet his wife, dog, and tortoise lol!
I have to admit I'm definitely more of a dog person. Working with cats terrifies me beyond belief! But I wouldn't mind one as a pet. I grew up with a cat called Polly :)
I quite like the independent nature of cats and I think they live quite happily with the right dog.x
I gather Harry and Ron are named after Harry Potter and Ron Weasley :)

As far as the OH is concerned we are hoping that in 6-12 months he'll be back on his feet just waiting for a foot ulcer to heal which he's had for 2 yrs :(

My mum had a tortoise which she got when she was 8 and was an adult then and she had him for nearly 40 years, I think that's where I get the urge to have another one. Sam doesn't like cats, whoever had him first taught him to chase them, we can't even say "cat" he goes mental. We always had both when we were growing up and they always got on x

Yup, Harry Potter piggies :D I have some bizarrely named pets lol. One of my bunny pairs are Simon and Peggy. The original pair were Simon and Nick (Pegg & Frost) but Nick was battering Simon :( So we sorted out a bunny swap and the girl I got oddly enough was called Peggy!
I've also got Ralph & Ramona (bunnies). Charlie, Bernard, and Rocco (chinchilla's). Ellie and Dave (dogs). And Mr Frog (I don't really need to say he's a frog :p)

Some dogs can be good with cats. Depends on the breed and temperament. Ellie is terrified of all living things. If she sees a cat she will run at it, then change her mind half way through and leg it :rolleyes: Dave just plain hates cats and looks for them under cars. But he is a terrier! Strangely enough he's good with my bunnies. My old dog, Jack, was also a terrier and fantastic with the bunnies. Weird!

I do love tortoises and I think it would be lovely to have one as a bit of a family heirloom. They're lovely little critters! Loads and loads of rescue ones knocking about. My old boss/vet has 7 now I think.x

I'm watching Secret Eaters. Not seen this show before. Some people really have NO idea what they're eating do they? It's easy for me to sit on my high horse now Slimming World has shown me the light ;) I used to eat and drink loads of stuff I thought was good for me.
The woman in this ep works in the weight loss industry and had no idea how she'd got to 19st. They secretly followed her over a weekend and she ate over 6,000 calories on BOTH the Sat and Sun :confused:
I find it really interesting watching stuff like this. I'm not a fan of reality tv in general, but I do like food/health related shows. My favourite is probably Supersize Vs Superskinny. Anyone else watch these?x

Love fun names for pets I had cats called Carrot who was a ginger tabby, Spud because she looked like one and when Carrot had kittens we kept them, 3 identical Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato and a big fat tom called Marmalade :)

I've watched supersize V superskinny, it's to see how people view food x

Glad you are enjoying walking the dogs- I bet they love it :D

Resisting more chocolate!?- omg! Hardcore!!

Wishing you good luck on the new assignment and hope it's not too tricky. Reading in the sun was sooo nice today, def give yourself some time off to catch some rays with a book!
X

I like Supersize too but kinda think the diet swap thing is silly- unhealthy to force a skinny person to eat until they feel sick and unrealistic for a fatty to suddenly have a liquid diet, seems like it's for TV rather than health benefits lol. But I get that they are trying to shock both of their systems! And it is fun to watch them suffer hehe :p

I'm trying really hard to fight some mild agoraphobic symptoms. It comes and goes with me, particularly when my depression is bad. My heart was hammering when I was trying to decide when to take Ellie out :eek:

I seem to have gone the opposite way with naughty food. Like I'm trying so hard not to binge that I'm trying not to have any. Need to find a happy medium :)

I didn't get any time reading my Nexus today. The course reading took longer than I expected and my head was killing me afterwards. This next assignment is 3 handouts about various diseases. Have to do one handout each for diseases caused by virus, fungus, and bacteria. Shouldn't be too bad, hopefully! Maybe....
Will start it tomorrow anyway.

Yeah I can see what they're trying to do with Supersize Vs Superskinny but I do agree that the food swap is unrealistic. I know why they're doing it, but yeah, I'm with you.
That Secret Eaters programme was pretty interesting, I have to say.

My knees are a bit ouchy this evening :( I'll probably walk the dogs tomorrow, but not over the weekend coz I'll be shattered from work. Haven't noticed any hip pain, so that's good at least :)

Just watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang :D x

I'm trying really hard to fight some mild agoraphobic symptoms. It comes and goes with me, particularly when my depression is bad. My heart was hammering when I was trying to decide when to take Ellie out :eek:

I seem to have gone the opposite way with naughty food. Like I'm trying so hard not to binge that I'm trying not to have any. Need to find a happy medium :)

I didn't get any time reading my Nexus today. The course reading took longer than I expected and my head was killing me afterwards. This next assignment is 3 handouts about various diseases. Have to do one handout each for diseases caused by virus, fungus, and bacteria. Shouldn't be too bad, hopefully! Maybe....

Yeah I can see what they're trying to do with Supersize Vs Superskinny but I do agree that the food swap is unrealistic. I know why they're doing it, but yeah, I'm with you.

My knees are a bit ouchy this evening :( I'll probably walk the dogs tomorrow, but not over the weekend coz I'll be shattered from work. Haven't noticed any hip pain, so that's good at least :)

Good luck with the course work! I love reading about diseases etc! What is the course and who with? You have probably mentioned it already.

Sucks about the agoraphobia, I really cant imagine that :/ when I get depressed I get to a really drained level where I just dont want to leave the house though.

Ouch about knees! I have a reoccuring knee pain from.an injury when I was younger- it really bothers me when I sleep. Do you think the walking has triggered your pain?
This is going to sound SO pathetic but my back was in SO much pain all night and still is- the only explanation I can think of is from lying on the grass on the hard.ground on my back for 3hrs reading yest :| bloomin' 'eck. It is agony! Lol.

That course seems to sap up so much of your free time... Hope the assignment flies by x

Deathworm it's a veterinary care assistant course. I have to do it for work and it's being produced by the College of Animal Welfare.

I'm hoping this section will go better because it's science based, which I know, and I still have a lot of my biology and microbiology stuff from the OU. The course notes are shocking in this section though. Some stuff is as basic as early secondary school and then other random stuff is university level. It's very confusing and really crap

Tetris, it's rubbish. I haven't had agoraphobia symptoms for aaaaages. Like years! For a very long time I couldn't leave the house alone - a good part of not being able to work for so long. I still get panicky in busy places. And every single time I go somewhere like the town centre I get so tense my shoulders end up so tight and painful.
Sometimes it is just that I don't want to go out, like you when my depression's bad.

Oh yes, it's definitely the walking that's made my knees worse. Without a doubt. And I've been doing hilly walking too - hard to avoid round here! When I finished work on Tuesday my knees were so sore :( I have to admit though that I have noticed a little bit of improvement since last year. When I was exercising a lot it was my hip that would hurt first after just a few minutes, but I really haven't noticed any hip pain. So that's good! But my knees :cry:

Ouch about your back!! Yeah I can't lie on the hard ground either lol. My Sister's just been to the doctors about her back because it's gotten so bad and she's been prescribed diazapam and tramadol (morphine)!! Bloody hell!

Oh I know and I will whinge and whinge and whinge about this course. I foresee it taking up a hell of a lot of my free time over the coming months. Official deadline is October, but I know have the permission of HR to push for extensions through medical reasons. I would LOVE to get it done on time, just so it's done and out of the way. But if I can't do it in that time, then at least I know I have a back-up option. I feel so lame not being able to do this properly or to my full ability as well. I should be rocking this because I've done courses of a much higher level. But, well, I'll do what I can.
I need to start the assignment today. It shouldn't be too bad, hopefully. Lunch first tho! x

Friday food: EE day + 15 coz I can't fit in any more Hex's or I might 'splode.

Lunch: 3 Quorn sausages (2 free 1 synned), half a tin of spaghetti, mushroom red pepper and cheese scrambled eggs, 'fried' cherry tomatoes, wholemeal toast, and sauce (half HexA1, HexB2, + 2)

A bit of pineapple while I was chopping it up.

Tea: Cheese and onion Smash, portion of sausage casserole, sprouts, carrot and turnip (Aunt Bessies ;)), and piccalilli (2)

Snacks: A Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Options made with hazelnut milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 9
Syns left: 30.5 (hmmmmm)

Exercise: Cleaned the bunnies AGAIN! They're pee'ing for England at the moment.

Last edited:
Deathworm it's a veterinary care assistant course. I have to do it for work and it's being produced by the College of Animal Welfare.

I'm hoping this section will go better because it's science based, which I know, and I still have a lot of my biology and microbiology stuff from the OU. The course notes are shocking in this section though. Some stuff is as basic as early secondary school and then other random stuff is university level. It's very confusing and really crap

Tetris, it's rubbish. I haven't had agoraphobia symptoms for aaaaages. Like years! For a very long time I couldn't leave the house alone - a good part of not being able to work for so long. I still get panicky in busy places. And every single time I go somewhere like the town centre I get so tense my shoulders end up so tight and painful.
Sometimes it is just that I don't want to go out, like you when my depression's bad.

Oh yes, it's definitely the walking that's made my knees worse. Without a doubt. And I've been doing hilly walking too - hard to avoid round here! When I finished work on Tuesday my knees were so sore :( I have to admit though that I have noticed a little bit of improvement since last year. When I was exercising a lot it was my hip that would hurt first after just a few minutes, but I really haven't noticed any hip pain. So that's good! But my knees :cry:

Ouch about your back!! Yeah I can't lie on the hard ground either lol. My Sister's just been to the doctors about her back because it's gotten so bad and she's been prescribed diazapam and tramadol (morphine)!! Bloody hell!

Oh I know and I will whinge and whinge and whinge about this course. I foresee it taking up a hell of a lot of my free time over the coming months. Official deadline is October, but I know have the permission of HR to push for extensions through medical reasons. I would LOVE to get it done on time, just so it's done and out of the way. But if I can't do it in that time, then at least I know I have a back-up option. I feel so lame not being able to do this properly or to my full ability as well. I should be rocking this because I've done courses of a much higher level. But, well, I'll do what I can.
I need to start the assignment today. It shouldn't be too bad, hopefully. Lunch first tho! x

Ooh my friend works on reception in a vet. Always sounds interesting.

Crap about the agoraphobia. I had a very very slight form while unemployed but mananged to get over it. Was just paranoid everyone would look at me. Now I just think "serves em right!" if they do..... I know it is harder if you have it big time though.

I am sure you will do fine on the studying. Make the most of the nice weather - study in the garden!!!

I totally get the agoraphobic thing.. my dad has suffered for around 15 years, he only goes out to the shop across the road, and only if his wife goes with him!
After the birth of my first son, I had it. It was a scary world out there with a newborn.. I still get like it now ( today being one of them) but you really have to force yourself out. Hugs Xxxx

Back