Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Have been soooo hungry today! A small miracle I managed to keep it under 20 syns. Annoying I've gone over the 15 tho :( Stupid body....

Oh God the nausea is awful today! Managed my lunch and about 10mins later had to run to the loo :eek: Stupid body.... Not sure I'll be making chilli tonight now. Was really looking forward to that, but don't know if my insides would appreciate it.

Have had a small brainwave (yes it hurt. You can all shut up!) I thought maybe migraine medication might help when my headache's are really bad. The one's that make me light sensitive, dizzy, I have to close my eyes, etc... I've never suffered from migraines and have never taken them, but know some people that have and a lot of the symptoms sound similar to some of the ones I'm getting. I don't think I'm getting actual migraines, but wondering if the meds used to treat them might be useful for me. Anyone got any experience with them?
I'm seeing my GP on Friday and I'm really worried about going away next week and how I will cope. But also long-term, till the hospital stop tw*tting about, they could be useful and help me cope a bit better.
Any thoughts are most definitely welcome.
Food diary next....xx

Monday food.

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages
Half a tin of spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea: Decided on bolognaise/ratatouille. A bit kinder to my tummy than chilli!
For the sauce - Onions, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, courgette, peppers, sweetcorn, cherry plum tomatoes, and tinned tomatoes. Herbs and veggie worcester sauce. Made enough for 3 big portions :)
Tonight's was with Quorn mince.
Wholewheat spaghetti.
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad, dressing, and extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights, blackberries, red grapes, 1tsp of Maple syrup (0.5), and a crumble Shape0 (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash (about 12 gallons!) Options hot chocolate (2)

Syns used: 4.5
Syns saved: 10.5 :D

Exercise: Been a while since I wrote that ;)
20mins dog walking - 10mins each.

Last edited:
That Cards Against Humanity sounds so fun! Is it download only? Can you not buy it all already made? Might have to check it out! Love crying with laughter, used to do so almost daily when I lived with mum and bro but not so much since I moved out.

Really sucks that you are going to only post negative stuff :/ your friends will start thinking you are being emo lol. Hate how often facebook becomes about putting on a facade... Shouldnt be that way but annoying that it is 'rude' to not add work friends etc!

You can buy the Cards Against Humanity sets, but you have to import them from America. So imagine it'd cost quite a lot!

I really wont be posting much on FB for now - sorry everyone. Just the odd complaint and illness update. My actual friends, like you guys, will know what's really going on and understand my posts.
The thing is I tell you and my real life friends what's going on. So you all know the horrific symptoms and all the psychological crap, but I don't feel I can post that on the likes of Facebook. Maybe i should be posting about endless nausea and diarrhoea and the fact that I can't look at myself in the mirror and can't even stand the thought of being touched! But then I think why should I have to go to that extreme just to make horrible, thoughtless people think??
I did text a friend before saying "Sweeping statement: people are just generally horrible and selfish. But you occasionally find a good one"

At least i have Twitter, which is always been where I really feel like I can be 'me' online. I post much more on there anyway and I'm more open and honest anyway. So now I've blocked some people and made my profile private I can say whatever the hell I like :p

Really sorry you're feeling sick today, I hate being sick :( The migraine tablets may not be such a bad idea, the ones I take not only combat the headache, visual disturbances but it also stops nausea, all of which I get. The ones I take are Migraleve, the pink and yellow packs.
I would ask your GP on Friday, it can't hurt x x x x

Just walked the dogs round the block each. Can't believe it takes me 10mins to walk round the block at the moment! I'm all hot and dizzy now. Well done Kelly. At least the dogs are happy :) That's the most I've moved today lol!

That's what i was thinking Tace. Even though I'm not getting migraines the meds for them cover the symptoms I am getting. And even if it means on days when the headaches are particularly bad and make everything else worse I can have a bit of relief and cope a bit better. Might make things a bit more bearable! Definitely worth a try eh? Will ask him on Friday.
If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know.

The nausea, like everything else, is always there. I never get a break from any of my symptoms. Some are just worse than others on different days. Have completely lost the pattern I thought I could see forming! xx

Last edited:
Well I'm a bit less nauseous and dizzy so far today. Had a really weird night though and kept waking up really panicked. I didn't exactly get up early, but had to give up in the end coz I'd start drifting off and then just jump awake!
I know some of it is over money and another bit is that I want to get breakdown cover for the car while we're away - which links in to the money issue!
I think I'm going to go with the top level of cover (under European cover) from green Flag. I got a quote last week and it was around £85. It is a lot of money, but if I go through Topcashback I'll get £42 back! So only like £40 for the year! And at least half of any cashback I earn always goes back to my savings anyway. Coz I'm good like that ;)

Today's going to be another rest day. But I do need to clean out the bunnies and the chinchilla's are in desperate need of a clean. Poor creatures! They're awkward to clean though and I just haven't had the energy. Luckily their cage is designed very cleverly and their feet and stuff can't reach the poo or wet sawdust, which is handy :)

Anyway, have watched Neighbours so think I should have something to eat. Really pleased I managed a low syn day yesterday and no secret eating through the night!! I've noticed if I have a yogurt in the evening I'm much less likely to give in to cravings through the night. I start thinking about food and even dream about food when I go to bed.
My friend who's taking steroids at the moment is having the same issue! Crazy!!

Another friend of mine recommended maybe asking my Dr for travel sickness meds - or at least see if it's safe to take them. Has anyone ever tried the travel sickness bands you wear on your wrist? My friend Toni recommended them to me a few months ago, but I didn't know if they were worth the money.xx

Tuesday Food: Two days 100% :D

Lunch: Tin of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli (2) with peppers and chunks of Quorn ham in.
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Cheese (HexA1)
And quite a few slices of beetroot.

Tea: I made my chilli :D
Onions, garlic, peppers, courgette, sweetcorn, tin of Heinz 'grown up' beans, tin of kidney beans, half a tin of refried beans, and a tin of chopped tomatoes. I used a sachet of the Discovery hot chilli con carne spice mix - coz it's nommy! I haven't portioned up my chilli, but it should be at least 4 and that usually means 1 syn a portion for the spice mix :)
So...
Chilli (1)
Cheese (HexA2)
Mexican rice
Salad, super low cal dressing, and cottage cheese.

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 22.5

Exercise: Cleaning out the animals and hoovering - maybe about 1.5hrs. Kinda lost track of time!

Last edited:
Ended up having a pretty busy day. But only coz stuff takes me sooo long to do now! I cleaned out the bunnies and put Ralph in the garden run. While he was out I cleaned out the chinchilla's (big job!), and hoovered all upstairs. I put Ralph away and put Peggy and Simon out and de-poo'd the garden. Then I really, really had to sit down. I was all sweaty, shaking, dizzy, and really exhausted. A good excuse to watch an ep of Doctor Who with Dave on my knee :)
After that I just put the bunnies away and then sat down some more before I needed to cook my tea. I knew I only had till 8 to make something, coz of Bake Off ;)

Had to stop eating my tea because I felt really, REALLY dizzy and the nausea was insane. Ate another few forkfuls an hour later but, just no :( Have put it in a tub for tomorrow. My chilli is far too nice to waste ;)

Did anyone watch Bake Off?? I cried!!! What is wrong with me?! :eek:

Just had a peppermint tea and updated my symptom diary - not that anyone's bothered to bloody read it for a while! Going to watch an ep or two of The Killing ;)

Had an idea of a trip to Stockholm for Mum's birthday next May. The flights are really cheap, but f*ck the hotels are expensive!!!! Definitely need to get back to work asap ;)

I can't believe how nauseous I feel, yet I still feel hungry! Managed a Chewy Delight and then had to call it quits. Just feel so bluerg!
Have watched a couple of eps of The Killing and now I'm going to head to bed to start a new book. Meeting my friends tomorrow afternoon and we're going the pics with my Mum :)

Night all and hope everyone's ok.xx

Last edited:
Stockholm is SO bloody expensive... the pound is so weak there. We had one meal out the whole time there, at a pub- put us back £40 and all G had was a burger and chips :|
The train card was quite a bit too, and airports are a couple of hours away from stockholm so you have to pay around another £20 each way for the bus into stockholm. If I were you I'd search around for someone who needs a pet sitter like we ended up with as hotels sound like they will put you back a lot and that's before food! The only place serving food for a standard price seemed to be mcDonalds :/ even buying a piece of fruit at the airport was like £2!
Would you ever consider couh surfing? I've heard.it can be a lot of fun but not sure if your mum would be up for it. Often you can find people who have a spare bedroom too though.

Well done on your two 100% days :D:D:D
I think I butchered my WI this week by eating so much yesterday :/

It was a busy day for you yesterday, I hope it hasn't knocked you out today. Your chilli sounds really nice, I may have to nick this recipe and try it :) Well done on 2 100% days :happy096:.
I've not watched this week's great british bake off, will have to catch up with that, but I'll know to have tissues at the ready.
Hope your stomach is being kinder to you today x x x

Another friend of mine recommended maybe asking my Dr for travel sickness meds - or at least see if it's safe to take them. Has anyone ever tried the travel sickness bands you wear on your wrist? My friend Toni recommended them to me a few months ago, but I didn't know if they were worth the money.xx

My daughter gets motion sickness and I did buy her some Seabands and it basically has a small ball inside a cloth wristband that puts pressure on the acupressure point on your wrist and she seems fine when she travels now so I would say definitely worth a go.

Just a quick update coz I feel really rough and I can't look at the screen much.

Today I've been really, really sweaty! Like mega hot flushes :confused: I was sat in Costa and the lights were horrible and I had to really focus on staying alert and I ended up soaking wet. I might as well have been swimming!
This happened when I ate my lunch too. Dizzy and sweaty.

Nearly passed out several times during the first hour of being in the cinema, but evened out and I felt ok-ish.

Didn't feel too bad when I ate my tea :) Just feel exhausted now!

Meals have been very low syn and on plan today. Had all my Hex's. But I did have a drink worth a few syns at Costa and some pic & mix. Will just use up todays and the saved syns. I'm not going to carry over any syns when I've had a day like today or something really off plan. Will just start again. Hopefully that will help with trying to stabilise my weight :)

Night guys.xx

Urgh! I had such a rough night. Had a really painful, crampy abdomen, was sweating like mad, really nauseous, really dizzy, and just couldn't get comfortable or sleep. Had to keep lying in really odd positions to try and get comfy :confused: Still got a really upset stomach and have been on and off the loo all day.

I took Ellie in to work for her check-up. She's ok and had her full MOT. We're going to trial her on a new supplement for her arthritis, to support the pain medication. It's called Yumove. Dave had the allergy/skin one, Yumega, over the summer and it really helped with his skin and ear summer allergies :D So hoping these will help Ellie.
I left there £60 poorer, having been head-butted in the face, and slicing my thumb open :sigh: At least the dog's ok! I got completely blanked by one of the nurses in work and a couple of tactless people said "But you don't look sick". What do they want?! I told a couple of my friends and they were so annoyed! I did see and speak to a few nice people tho.

We stopped at the woods on the way back so she could have a run round and a sniff. Really enjoyed it actually and we didn't bump in to any dogs till we were leaving. We were only there about 15mins - long enough for both of us atm!

I felt so weak and wobbly when I got back and had to leg-it to the toilet :eek: Ended up cancelling today's date with John too. I feel so rough! I'm absolutely exhausted, really stressed, I only managed to eat something at 4:30, I'm spending loads of time on the bloody toilet, and just feel generally horrific! I feel really guilty, but I'd have only stressed myself out more having him around and me having to be nice and talk and stuff. Just generally don't want to see anyone or do anything :(
When Rachelle got home we took Dave for a walk. I was just going to take him out quickly, but she came with me so we could go for a bit longer and she could keep an eye on me.
Trying to summon the energy to go feed and clean the bunnies. Getting there....

Tetris when you post money amounts they come out looking weird. You said it cost this much "£40" at the pub lol! All the money amounts come out weird on here! Dunno why.
Nah we wouldn't want to stay in someone's house and I definitely wouldn't do couch surfing. Especially not with Mum. Not an option at all.
We're just doing a bit of research at the moment because it all depends on me getting back to work and stuff.

Another on plan day today. I wanted to be on plan anyway, but I feel so sick I'm not eating much. It's really bad now and the stomach pains are ridiculous! :( Feeling rather sorry for myself today.xx

Thursday food:

A very late lunch: egg mayo (0.5)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
2 free Quorn sausages.

Tea: Quorn pieces.
Stir fry veg - beansprouts, carrot, cabbage, butternut squash, and mangetout.
Wholewheat soba noodles
Black bean sauce (2.5 for half the sachet)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2) & a Shape 0%.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 12

Exercise: Walked Ellie for 15/20mins in the woods.
Walked Dave for at least the same, but I didn't check the time.

Last edited:
Poor you, sorry your belly is playing silly b*ggers again :'(
I don't know what they thought you'd look like, a walking skeleton with your flesh hanging off?? Stupid people :copon:

Hopefully the new tablets you got for Elie will work for her, I know when Sam gets older he'll have problems with his joint because of the extra pressure he puts on his only front paw.

Another good day for food though :) x x

The nausea is ridiculous this week! I don't usually get muscle cramps and quite so much, erm, of an upset stomach!!

My friend said maybe they want me attached to a drip and me walking round in a hospital gown. My sister said next time I go in she'll take me, we'll borrow a wheelchair, I should wear pyjama's, cover my top in food & toothpaste stains, and drool a bit ;)

Ellie's been on various pain meds since she was about 8 I think. On her examination today her vet said she's much more stiff and 'crunchy' now. Will be interesting to see if the supplements help. Would rather that then add in more pain meds. The next step would be the likes of Tramadol/morphine and I'd rather have that as a last resort.
There are some amazing arthritis meds out there though, particularly in private practice. We just don't have access to them at my work coz the charity can only stock and use so many meds. But yeah, tons of hep out there for doggies. You can use these supplements just to support the joints and keep them healthy without arthritis being present. They're called Yumove :) You can get them online. I bought the one for Dave on Amazon!

Aye another good food day coz I couldn't face eating earlier. I did get really hungry just before and thought "f*ck it" I'm going to feel sick either way and still gonna have an upset stomach so had my planned tea. Stir fry veg, soba noodles, and black bean sauce :) Got half saved in a tub - like a takeaway ;) xx

Back