Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I know I'm knackered anyway, but fast days make me SO tired!! Very odd because they're supposed to energise you and I know Tetris even has trouble sleeping from being so awake and full of energy on fast days. I guess maybe it's down to mystery illness? I don't feel bad or ill or anything, just really really tired. Good for me though in a way with the chronic insomnia. So if they help me sleep then yay!
Just realised how tiiiiiired I was and it happens every fast day.

Ah well, another one down :) Once this film's finished I'm heading to bed with a mug of peppermint tea and to read for a bit.

Lovely to have so many visitors! You guys rock :D
Sleepy *yawn* Night all.xx

Have I missed something here - where is the photo :confused: Looks like nothing to me. :D

Yep I've had IBS for years alongside my ME (which was only diagnosed last year). Peppermint tea never helped my symptoms (although I grew a taste for it!). The only things that do help me are probiotic tablets on an empty stomach each morning (must be decent ones), Aloe Vera gel (works a treat but too expensive and tastes utterly viiiile!) and antispasmodics from the doctors or chemist for when you have that cramping pain xx

Lol Systema it is there, I promise ;) If not the list of food is there so :p

Katie I don't know if I have IBS, I doubt it's bad enough for that. I just remember reading and being told that ME can have IBS-like symptoms, rather than IBS itself. I was very ill with tummy stuff last year and they even threatened me with having a camera in to my stomach!!
But it's gotten better a bit and I'm nowhere near as nauseous or having so much diarrhoea, but noticed I'm getting very bloated and I do have a bit of D+ and getting constipated too. It's odd coz I've never had anything like that. I thought I was like the character in Bridesmaids "physically impossible for me to bloat!" Lol!
Anyway, I will keep track of it and if it gets worse I'll speak to my Dr :)
The peppermint tea helps with my nausea and bloating, so that'll do for now.

Btw I can't imagine aloe gel is particularly nice LOL! I have thought about upping my probiotic yogurts, but I go between Shape and Activia, whichever is on offer, coz I'm tight :p And I do like Shape ;) xx

Wednesday food: SW Green Day

Lunch: 2 egg omelette with red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, and cheese. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, and a few splashes of original Tabasco!
2 Linda M sausages
3 Quorn bacon strips
Half a tin of beans with a few cherry tomatoes in
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema: Chopped banana, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries with 1/3 tub of Yeo Valley 0% orange, carrot, and mango yogurt (1)

Tea: A Quorn steak topped with gherkins and cheese
Mediterranean Pasta N Sauce
Microwave veg bag - carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
Cheese (all cheese rest of HexA1)
Garlicy dressing (1)

Snack: Graze pistachio's (probably a slight tweak HexB2 ;))

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Peppermint tea.

Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 12

Last edited:
Just had the most epic lunch :D Enjoyed it SO much!

Off to the cinema in a bit and I'm ridiculously excited about my snackage :rolleyes: I've had the new Yeo Valley yogurt sitting in the fridge for a few days coz I knew I'd be going the cinema. Having a nice big fruit salad and the yogurt.

Going to see 12 Years a Slave. Another cheery film ;) Looking forward to it though.x

I hope you have plenty of tissues with you!!x

Found the photo - was looking for it on the post which said you had taken the photo - Specsavers for me I think.:)

I take probotics every day - get them fro Holland and Barrett when they are on buy one for a penny offer and swear by them.

(We have brought that film with us for when our UK TV goes off altogether - been told it is tomorrow)

I actually didn't cry!! And like everything makes me cry. Neighbours makes me cry!! My Mum was sobbing tho.
What a truly fantastic film! I mean, you can't say it's enjoyable, but it's superbly acted and I thought the film in general was rather beautiful. And good God Fassbender is a good baddy ;)

If things get worse I'll look at probiotics. Feel ok today tummy-wise tho :)

Very very much enjoyed my yogurt and fruit salad! It started out looking quite pretty and then got a bit swished round in my bag lol. The new yogurt is luuuurvely!
Liverpool-20140205-00497.jpg

Not sure what to have for tea. Not feeling too good and I'm really hot. Which is very rare for me lol! Might just do something quick like Pasta N Sauce. Will go and have a forage in a minute. Up early to be in work for 8am tomorrow, so don't want to eat too late....x

I can't believe you didn't cry! Seeing this film was such an embarassing experience for me. I went to see it alone (I have an unclimited cinema card) and was in a packed cinema inbetween a group of teenage girls and a big burly man. I cried right from the off and the lovely man next to me offered me a tissue! The only thing I wasn't too fond of was Brad Pitt playing the part he did... Don't get me wrong, I love Brad Pitt! I just thought it gave a cheesy edge to what was otherwise a harrowing film...

Anyway, glad you liked it! And your fruit salad looks lush! (Another idea I may be copying very soon.....)

Good luck being in work for 8am!

x

I don't know why I didn't cry! I don't understand. EVERYTHING makes me cry lol! It was a tough watch though. Yeah, Brad Pitt saves the day again. It seems we can trust him to save us from any situation lol. I like Brad too, my friend I went with absolutely hates him!! The only film she has watched of his was World War Z coz we'd both read the book.
I have an Unlimited card too!! Just been upgraded to a premier member :flirt2:

Hehe feel free to pinch any of my ideas. That new yogurt is amazing btw. Very much worth the 3 syns for the entire giant tub! And probiotic and 0% fat :)

The 8am shift comes along with having the emergency phone until the receptionists get in at around 8:30. They should start at 8 too!! I hate having the phone :p But it does mean I finish at 12. An tbh the first hour flies by. I'm just so not a morning person! xx

Your food for today looks brilliant, love your tub of fruit and yoghurt for the pictures :)
I want to see that but Ian won't go, will wait till it comes on virgin.
I hope your stomach settles, I can't stand peppermint tea that's why I take peppermint tablets for my IBS but I may have to make a trip to the Drs as it's not settling at the minute and I'm in constant pain with it :(
I hope work isn't to bad for you too and it flies by x x x

Oh guys I had less than 4hrs sleep last night. Was awake worrying about all sorts of stuff. I took one sleeping pill and then a few hours later I took another half one. And then in work for 8. Only just made it in!
It was ok, but the lack of sleep has really knocked me. Had to wear my glasses because I was so blurry. My head's killing me and I feel very *slow*.
I nipped to Sainsbury's on the way home and spent way too much money!! I hardly got anything :confused: I did treat myself to some Teapigs peppermint tea and a box of Dragonfly vanilla Rooibos :) When I got home I put my shopping away then just got changed in to my pj's. I feel wiped out!
Not taking today as a caffeine day, nope ;)

Have had to book my car in to the garage tomorrow afternoon. The steering suddenly became very light last night! I did proper smack in to a kirb about a week ago trying to get out of the way of some n*bber! So hoping I've misaligned something or something's come loose or whatever. Will literally be praying that it wont be expensive. Bloody car has been trouble from the second I signed those papers. Biggest mistake ever!! :sigh:

Anyway, for some cheery news. I got weighed today because it's the only chance I'll get and for a mid-week WI it's not bad!! I've lost 0.7kg/1.5lbs :D Me?!! Wow!! Still can't update my stats tho lol!
I'm working lates next week so should have a decent chance to WI. Will try and hold off till around Thurs or Fri. Thursday will prob be a fast day, so might make sense to WI on Fri. But, we'll see :) Really pleased with that. AND I had an evening quite spectacularly off plan on Mon!!

Right, fast day today and I'd better go heat up my soup. Tea will be Quorn fillets and a sort of stirfry. Looking forward to it!xx

Barbette I think it might be something that just comes and goes. Hopefully infrequently!! At least I know where gall bladder pain is now, but that is pretty rare and usually only appears when I eat something really daft. The IBS'y type stuff doesn't seem to fit any sort of pattern and I've not noticed it being set of by things.
Peppermint tea helps with my nausea and bloatedness, so happy with that anyway. Even treated myself to some posh Teapigs ones ;)

Constant pain and tummy issues must be absolutely horrible :( Muchos sympathy!!x

Thursday food: 500cal fast day. Not caffeine free though today. But I will still drink the 1.5l of water and have some tea too :)

Lunch: 2 cheese Crackerbread (38)
1 extra light Laughing Cow (20)
300ml Covent Garden Carrot & Butternut Squash soup (84)
10g Quark (7)
= 149

Tea: 2 Quorn fillets (90)
100g beansprouts (27)
100g peppers (16)
40g spinach (12)
20g red onion (8)
30g mange tout (9)
100g broccoli & cauliflower (31)
50g sweetfire beetroot (13)
2 tsp Soy sauce (6)
1 tsp Sriracha (5)
5 Frylight sprays (5)
=222
Liverpool-20140206-00498.jpg

Snack: Alpen Light (70)
Blueberries (16)
Raspberries (7)
40g strawberries (13)
1tsp of maple syrup (10)
= 116

Drinks: Coffee. Water (1.5l) Peppermint tea. Rooibos vanilla tea.

Calories used: 487
Calories left: 13

Exercise: Probably just 4hrs at work. Totally wiped out today.
And a quick clean and feed for the bunnies :)

Last edited:
Yeeeeyyy!! Well done!

Another successful fast day! You are doing brilliantly!

4 hours???:eek: I hope you manage to get caught up on your sleep this evening x

Yep 4 measly four hours! I feel well, knackered! I hope I do get some sleep, but I am a chronic insomnia sufferer. Which goes really well with exhaustion I can tell you lol! But I will at least try and hope!!

My poor Mum just had a very bad flare up of her illnesses. She basically goes in to "shut down" mode and it's almost like she reboots. She's been doing it forever like, so we're used to it. But this was particularly bad with some new stuff. My Sister's written down what happened and one of us is going to go with Mum when she can get a gp appointment. This was bad!! Feel exhausted now and emotionally battered. Won't be up much longer. Just need to try and unwind a bit.

Just finishing off my fast day with a fruit and Alpen Light "crumble" Have got a broken up lemon Alpen, blueberries, raspberries, chopped strawberries, and a teaspoon of Maple syrup. Not bad that eh?! ;) If it wasn't a fast day I'd totally be having 2 Alpens and some yogurt tho :p
xx

Well done on another great loss, go you :D Another fantastic fast day, ou are the queen of fasting :king2:
SO about the little sleep, doesn' always seem that when you need sleep most is when you get the least?? :(
Sorry to hear your mum has had a flare up, I hope she recoups quickly x x x

Back