Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Glad work was ok-ish and not a nightmare, I bet the reunion made it a worthwhile shift :)
I'm pleased the bunnies haven't killed each other ha ha ha ha, hope Ralph isn't too mean to Anya.
Your tea looks amazing you wouldn't know it was a fast tea. x x x

Yup, always good if the first night doesn't end in a massacre! Will check on them before I go to work today. I think they'll just need time to get used to each other. But they've had months of living next to each other and running around the garage together :rolleyes:

It was so lovely seeing Ollie! I was smiling for ages and told Mum as soon as I got in coz I'd told her all about him that weekend. He's coming in for a check-up a week on Wed so I'll try and see him :)

I think I'm doing really well with fast day teas. I don't want a measly bit of food so I could have chocolate or something. I want it to be more of a super healthy day and a bit of a detox. I just couldn't have gone caffeine free yesterday tho :eek: I'm really pleased you liked the look of it. I will definitely do that again!
But I've loved all my fast day teas! Even the Quorn cottage pie convenience one. That is higher calories, but if you plan for it and choice veg/salad wisely you can still really bulk it out. Really quite pleased with how well these days are going!

Although last night I was talking to Michelle and she's been very ill this week with her mystery illness and I suggested we not have pizza on Saturday and go for something lighter and have pizza another time. So we were talking about Chinese food and Indian and I was just drooling lol! Took me ages to get to sleep :eek:

Going to have cereal, fruit, and yogurt for today's lunch and maybe take a clementine or apple to work today. Haven't taken a work snack all week! That's pretty good for me ;) And I haven't caved in to any of the usual chocolates or biscuits in the staff room. You can guarantee there'll be something on a Friday tho, so will take some fruit.
Tea I really fancy some Mac & Cheese, but not sure what with yet. Definitely salad, but not sure what Quorn'y thing yet. We shall see. xx

Your tea last night did sound lovely - it's ages since I had fajitas so you've given me an idea!

Pleased the bunnies are at least tolerating each other; perhaps they'll get friendlier. How lovely to see your woofy mate! He certainly remembered you and I'm sure if he knew he would be seeing you again, he'd be looking forward to it as much as you are. Really hope you manage to be there when he comes in.

What a shame Michelle is not feeling well. Is an Indian or Chinese lighter than pizza?! I find pizza less filling and, unfortunately, often accompanied by bad things ('proper' French fries, onion rings etc.) Whatever you choose to have, have a lovely time together.

Bunny behaviour is an odd one to tackle. They're very territorial and usually the females are quite aggressive. But this is definitely coming from Ralph, which is odd because he is usually very sweet and calm and settled very well with the girl I re-homed after his brother died. Bloody rabbits! So much hassle. Good job they're cute ;)

Michelle is very funny with food so if I was to get a Chinese she would probably get a couple of side orders and some chips. Probably the same with Indian. I do find some times pizza makes me very bloated and sometimes gives me the weird dizzy/sweating/palpitations symptoms I sometimes get from eating. Not all the time though, which is a pain. But yeah, either way Michelle wouldn't eat as much as me no matter what we get lol. Will just see what she feels like on Sat. She's being investigated for Chrohns and I would worry that something super carby would make her even more ill. She's terrible at looking after herself tho :rolleyes:

Oh yeah if I'm having an off-plan meal I go all out. Not wasting a rare chance of a good meal like that lol! I'd rather enjoy it and not worry about calories or syns and be good beforehand and "save up" for it :)

Oh Katie I feel awful. Really painful and tense, my head and ears are bad, rather blurry (had to wear my glasses to drive to work and while I was there), and just generally crap. Only one more work shift this week!! :) xx

Friday Food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
Porridge made with 130ml Koko milk (part HexA1) and 1tsp of maple syrup (0.5)
Blueberries
Banana
And drizzled with half a tsp of honey (0.5)
Bowl of Yeo Valley yogurt (1) with a few raspberries.

Work snack: A clementine

Tea:
A Quorn steak topped with gherkins, cheese (all cheese in this meal HexA2), Tabasco & vegan Worcester sauce
Mac & Cheese made with Koko milk (2 + another bit of HexA1) with extra cheese
Side salad of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and baby beetroot
2tsp of garlic & herb dressing (1.5)

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
1 Thorntons chocolate and 1 Hotel Chocolat (6)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 10.5
Syns saved: 22.5

Exercise: 4hrs at work.
A few very short walks with the dogs so they could go pee.

Last edited:
I just had THE most epic fast day tea! I made a fajita chicken style thing. I cooked Quorn fillets with Wahaca sauce and some seasoning with red & green peppers, red onion, chestnut mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. And I did a big bed of iceberg lettuce, watercress, and cucumber with Italian dressing. Had enough calories to have a graze tub of Cheesy Sombrero's and salsa with it too. Proper epic tea! :D
Will post a pic in the food bit :) xx

Take out the quorn and replace it with cheese and that could be my afternoon snack. :D:D:D

Ooh is that Koko milk nice? I keep fancying switching from regular milk to a substitute but don't know what's nice and what's not (and also what works in hot drinks!)

Aww I feel your pain! Only thing for it is warm comfy bed, hot water bottle, snuggly pjs and some crap tv to take your mind off it! Hope your last shift this week passes quickly. Our meal tonight isn't til 8pm so I'm going to have a little nap first to boost my (nonexistent!) energy - ROCK N ROLL! Lol xxx

Ooh is that Koko milk nice? I keep fancying switching from regular milk to a substitute but don't know what's nice and what's not (and also what works in hot drinks!)

Aww I feel your pain! Only thing for it is warm comfy bed, hot water bottle, snuggly pjs and some crap tv to take your mind off it! Hope your last shift this week passes quickly. Our meal tonight isn't til 8pm so I'm going to have a little nap first to boost my (nonexistent!) energy - ROCK N ROLL! Lol xxx

It is quite nice. I tend to use that because you can cook with it too. But almond & hazelnut milk is nicer, esp in cereal or hot chocolate ? I don't have milk in tea or coffee tho so can't help you there!

I will get to bed eventually tonight but in work till 8, bunnies need sorting, dogs will have to go out a few times for lead-walk wee's coz of the fence, and need to make my tea too .....

Anyway, cheerier news everyone! The scales have been showing a sts all week but tonight they're showing a 1kg\2.2lb loss :D I went on them several times & tried both of them too. Wow! Wasn't expecting that. AND I really need to poop and haven't been for a good few days! So really didn't expect a loss at all. Amazing!!

Well done on another good loss, you're certainly on a roll at the moment :D
Poor Michelle, I hope they figure out what's up and get it sorted soon.
I never got on with the nut milks, really didn't like the tastes, I would rather have the coconut milk or rice milk.
This is your last shift this week isn't it? I hope it goes quick and you have a nice weekend x x x

I can't believe it Barbette!! You know me, I rarely lose, and not like that!! I'm amazed.

And even more thrilled that what I'm doing to get these losses is enjoyable and making me feel great. My skin has massively improved and I actually look a bit less "dead"

I think I can update my ticket and stats now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think with Michelle they'll either confirm Crohns or try to fobb her off with IBS, which she will be very annoyed with. She doesn't fit IBS really and IBS meds make her more ill!!

I LOVE almond and hazelnut milk in hot chocolate and with porridge/Weetabix, but I dunno how it is in regular hot drinks and stuff. I do really like Koko milk, but it doesn't taste of much. Just handy you can cook with it really :) the nut milks are insanely sweet tho! And that Almond Breeze is vile ;)

Yup all done with work this week now :) The shift wasn't too bad. One of the VCA's was sent home sick so I had a LOT to catch up with. Was solidly in prep sorting kits and drapes and autoclaving stuff for over an hour. But then it wasn't too bad. Got to do a bit of dispensary work too. Put money in the closed till tho so I'll no doubt get told off. I have left a note about it tho!! Nothing too exciting really this evening. Although I did meet a GIANT dog that looked like a cross between a Rottweiler and a long-haired German Shepherd. Big baby he was as well :rolleyes:

Oh no, can't update stats just yet. Back to where I was before Christmas or whenever I last weighed before I put that weight on. Maybe next week! Still pleased tho :D

Having a rather munchy feeling evening even though I had a big tea. I think it's probably coz I know I'm free from work and have relaxed a bit.
Letting myself have a couple of chocolates and a couple of Alpen Lights. Nice and sweet and should do it :)

Last edited:
Yay I found you!!! How are you doing? Will try catch up been a busy day hope you're ok xx

Hey!
Welcome :) Please don't feel like you have to read a lot of this lol. It's been a long journey and a lot of stuff going on. Ask anything you like :)

I'm ok, trying to relax now I know I'm not in work again till Monday. But I have to finish an assignment, study for an exam, and prepare a first aid talk by then.... Hmmmmm! Lol

Just watching a film (Before Sunrise) and letting myself have a couple of chocolates :) x

Well done on the weight loss and the hopefully the greater one.

Tell Michelle to insist on a diagnosis - my son and I both have Crohn's, my son has it far worse than I do and really does suffer - infact it stopped it from having a "proper" job when he was younger. He told them what was wrong with him as it is hereditary and still they would not diagnose him for a long time but once they did he was given the correct meds and eventually the same op as I had.

Here's to a relaxing week-end. :snoopyhouse:

It's really frustrating Systema, she's been under investigation probably almost 2 years now. She's had 2 MRI's, an ultrasound, a few blood tests, and 2 colonoscopy's. Yet still they don't know :confused:
She works in veterinary, like me, as a nurse and it really is starting to affect her job :( They won't give her any meds or pain relief. She ended up in A&E and the Doctor gave her Naproxen, which isn't a good idea for Crohn's :confused:
I'm sick of Dr's and hospitals messing everyone around. My Mum saw a locum GP yesterday and he was absolutely furious at how she'd been dealt with at the hospital by the stroke consultant. He even told her to take asprin, telling us it was safe even though we asked, and it isn't! It can have a nasty reaction with some of the meds she's on. He looked at her prescription! This guy also thinks it is very likely to have been a mini stroke and the consultant faffing about and not ordering tests on the day has lost us any chance of a diagnosis of that. It needs to be seen within 48hrs. So ordering heart and brain scans for weeks and months later is pointless. he said the whole situation is ridiculous and is really annoyed at how it's been handled. He went back to the notes from the GP she saw last Fri, who saw her within 24hrs of it happening, and he said from his notes it is almost certainly a mini-stroke/TIA. But they can't diagnose that with tests now because it's too late. The GP surgery hasn't even received anything from the hospital yet :rolleyes:

And I'm yet to get my ME referral. I saw the consultant in Dec. And still not had my hospital stay results. Only got my MRI results because I saw my GP. No one seems to give a crap about any of us :( So frustrating and I'm really angry!!

A relaxing weekend?! As if lol! No chance of that I'm afraid. Didn't sleep very well either last night, awake a lot for quite long periods of time. Just feel exhausted and absolutely rubbish.xx

Mum got some more appointments today. A CT scan in March sometime and then an appointment with the TIA clinic in f*cking July!! What the actual f*ck?! That's just completely pointless!! July?! :mad:

Have just made some lunch. I was going to have Weetabix with fruit and stuff, but Mum made scrambled eggs and I just can't resist lol. So made myself some scrambled eggs with mushrooms, red pepper, and cheese in and a couple of free Linda M sausages with fruity brown sauce :)
Still don't know what we're doing for tea :rolleyes:

July - that is a total joke!! I do love that we have the NHS but sometimes it is very frustrating...

Great news about your loss, and that you're enjoying it too :) I'm feeling a bit snacky today but if I'm totally honest I think it's cuz I'm a bit bored lol. I'm trying not to overdo it this weekend with feeling so bad at the end of this week, but there's only so much resting you can do! x

I'm always arguing on the side of the NHS, but the way me, my friend, and now my Mum have been treated is beyond ridiculous! I mean my Mum's really could be life threatening and they don't seem to really care!

I think I was snacky last night because I relaxed a bit! I can sometimes be an emotional or a stress eater, but generally if I'm upset or whatever I don't. So I think last night I just went *sigh* lol! So let myself have 2 Alpen Lights instead of one Chewy Delight. Rebel me ;)

I agree on the resting. I'm pretty bad at doing nothing! Like today I'm not meeting my friend till about 6pm, but I've helped Mum with some stuff, made lunch, sat and finished this b*stard assignment, and need to sort out the bunnies before I go. We're a bit rubbish aren't we?! lol!

So YAY I think this radiography legislation report is finally done *crosses everything* I really don't think I could add any more to it and I'm sure I've covered all the bullet points/headings in more detail than they could ever wish for ;) If they want detail, well they've damn well got it!! The brief says it has to be done in a minimum of 500 words, my last word count was 5,046! So yeah, they can do one if I don't pass that! FFS.

I totally forgot I'm supposed to take an exam on Monday. Ooops! So will need a quick refresher on that. It's basic anatomy and physiology I've been doing for years and years. Just need to remember which one is the small one out of the tibia and fibula and the radius and ulna ;) Should be fine!
This course is very odd. It wants the most ridiculous amount of detail for stuff we don't really have anything to do with, but the likes of anatomy and physiology seems incredibly brief and basic. Like I keep saying, it's just a terrible course....

Right, bunnies now...x

Back