Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Oh you poor thing - what a rotten time you've had of it this weekend.

How lovely to get the wedding invite; it's lovely having something like that to look forward to and it's particularly nice that it'll be easy to combine with a trip to the NHM.

Good luck with the early night. You're a star for not allowing the pain and tiredness to deflect you from your fast day.

Sorry to hear about your gain, it really isn't fair you're so good with your food, I just wish there was something I could suggest but you know what you're doing.
Well done on a fast day and doing coursework when you're tired and not feeling good, your determination never ceases to amaze me.
Fingers crossed you'll get some sleep tonight x x x

The gain is ridiculous!! 6lbs in 3 days?! I think not!! I know it's very unlikely to be a true gain, but it's still showing on the scales and beyond frustrating! I don't know how I could have 500 cals for two days while doing SW the rest of the time and that happen. It makes no sense! Grrrrrr!!

Really enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel. Although I did almost fall asleep several times and had to shift myself round and make myself less comfortable :eek: I never fall asleep at the cinema!! Plus, I was REALLY hungry and normally it's fine going to the cinema with my Sister and her Mr because they're not cinema snackers. But John got a burger from McDonald's and Rachelle accepted the Minstrels Mum had bought us all AND Mum had a share bag of mint Matchmakers *twitches* I've never enjoyed a piece of sugar free gum quite so much ;)
I literally ran through the front door and made my tea *blush* I did feed the dogs while it was cooking so I didn't feel too guilty!
Still feeling really hungry now but I have a cereal snack planned. Think I'm just tired and craving quick "fuel" again.

I really hope my mentor isn't too picky over the assignment. I seriously cba with a tonne of editing! And she'd better ok the work my tutor has ok'd to send. If she pulls me up on stuff I'll have a look at it and see what she says, but if the tutor who marks it thinks it's good enough to go then surely it can go?! Seriously not wanting to go over them again!!

I am looking forward to the wedding and some nice food and a Natural History visit ;) Just be nice if I could lose some of this weight and fit more comfortably in to my nicer clothes. Can't really go to a wedding in baggy jeans and a Thor t-shirt *whistles*

Food to follow.....

Monday: 500cal Fast Day

Lunch:
Quaker honey multigrain porridge (115)
100ml Koko milk (27)
= 142

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
Microwave veg bag (40)
50g peppers (13)
40g spinach (12)
4 cherry tomatoes (12)
Light Dairylea slice (47)
Tbsp dressing (8)
3 Frylight sprays (3)
= 225

Snack:
30g Coco Pops (116)
50ml Koko milk (14)
= 130

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke (2). Water. peppermint tea.

Calories used: 499

Exercise: 4hrs at work
Less than 10min walking *blush*

6Lbs in 3 days?!!! That's quite specatular, but as you say, it won't be 'fat' weight - do you feel that sometimes you hold on to water? I suppose if you weighed the morning after a fast day and then after a 'normal' day, that would create quite a difference, particularly if you don't drink a bit extra on a fast day. (Less food tends to mean less fluid as there can be quite a lot in food). Whatever the reason, I hope it sorts itself out pronto.

Oh not to worry! No way is it fat! I had the same depressing experience last week! In the end I drank lots of water (almost too much!) and everything went back to normal very quickly! x

Also, glad you enjoyed the Grand Budapest and you managed to stay more or less awake! Well done for resisting temptation!x

Hey guys!
I wish I could take comfort from your words, but this happens to me week after week after week. I can EASILY gain 3-4kg without reason or even trying. I don't know why, just the way I am.
I drink a LOT and I mean a lot. One of my symptoms is polydipsia (excessive thirst) and I've been like that for a couple of yours now. I drink and drink and drink. Right now I have a mug of coffee and a glass of Diet Coke on the go. I'll usually have a pint of squash lingering round and I drink water too. Honestly, it is absolutely ridiculous! Everyone knows I have to have a continuous supply of liquid *blush*
So yeah, drinking to little is not an issue for me. Also means I have to pee at least once an hour :rolleyes:

I think you're going to have to put up with me moaning about mystery gains. It's insanely frustrating! I gained 10lbs in the ARCTIC! Over a stone over christmas. Etc....

I really enjoyed the Grand Budapest. Thought it was, well, "charming"! That fits right?! Loved the actors and the story. Wes Anderson is ace!

I finally got some sleep last night!!! I think I woke up twice between 11pm and 6:45! Not long enough, it never is, but at least some actual sleep!
Work wasn't too bad either. Got some time with my mentor and when we sat down she was like "Firstly, well done on all the work you've done. They're excellent" :faint2:
My medical case study has some very small, minor changes. And the fluid therapy one needs a little bit of work, but not much, especially as it was a first draft and I wrote it in less than 2hrs yesterday desperately trying to keep my eyes open with matchsticks!

The plan for this week is to try and put together my talk on work contracts/law stuff :confused: God help us all!! But I forgot to pick up the booklet from work about it. Argh!!
Also need to re-study for that re-sit exam. And also have a quick catch-up on some bits for a practical assessment next week - setting up the anaesthetic machine.
I didn't say, but I'll try to study toward one of the medicine/drugs exams too to try and get another one out of the way.

I also had my holidays preliminary ok'd. But, and this is a bit eepy, the first day I've booked off in August is actually my final date for completing the course!!! Eeeeek!!
So I'm now off for my Sister's birthday on the 14th April - which is also my Mum's neurology appointment.
And I'll be off Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues over my friends wedding in London. Decided to book an extra day either side and use up my week of summer holiday allowance! Will give me time to rest too and enjoy time off without course work!!
I should be worried about that date, but I have just over 4 months left to finish the course now and we really only have one section left now and section 2 is the most assignment heavy one. Or at least it's the most intense! So I'm not too worried. And I'm also not a*sed about my results for section 3 so would be happy to just get 'em done as quickly as possible.

Anyway, should really sort out these amendments.... Be back later :) xx

Last edited:
I agree. I feel slightly more human today. Plus I remembered to take half my pain killers lol!

The only stressy bit about the work plan is the talk, because I haven't a clue about contracts and working laws and workers rights and all that. Wtf?! :confused: Why on earth do I have to do a talk about that?!!
I have till Thurs/Fri next week to prepare for the things I've been set. I'm very skeptical about this talk tho!

I'm working this weekend though so that's two days out!! And I have plans for tomorrow so I dunno, will give it a shot.

Went to see Liam Neeson on a Plane (Non-Stop). It wasn't terrible and not as bad as I thought it was going to be. No Mother f*cking snakes tho ;)
Me and Rachelle sort of bullied/convinced Mum she needed an Unlimited Card for Cineworld so we wouldn't be stuck to just going on a Wednesday when I could get her in free. We've missed so many films because my work shifts have gotten in the way of Orange Wednesdays :rolleyes:

Good food day and I allowed myself a treat at the cinema. On plan, of course, but a little naughty! High syns for my first SW day of the week tho!! :eek: x

Last edited:
Tuesday food: SW Green Day

Morning break at work:
Small handful of raspberries and an Activia 0%

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes on
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushroom, red onion, peppers, and spinach (HexA1)
Crispy potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Cinema: Lion Bar (10)

Tea:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Tomato Pasta & Sauce with spinach
Fried red onion
Salad
Beetroot
Cheese (HexA2)
Dressing (1)

Snack:
Small bowl of red grapes & raspberries
Activia 0%
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 14
Syns saved: 1

Exercise: 4hrs at work.

Last edited:
Well I was going to have a fast day today but I'm not feeling it at all and was really hungry at the cinema so thought f*ck it! As long as it's an on plan SW day then I don't care!
I met Rachelle at the cinema just after 12 to go see The Long Way Down. Which was very sweet and funny!! Don't know if anyone's seen the trailer but it's about a group of people who meet on the roof of a building because they're all up there to commit suicide. It has two of my new favourite actors in, Aaron Paul and Imogen Poots, as well as Pierce Brosnan and Toni Collette. I really liked it :)

Was a bit urgh trying to get up for it though. I think because I knew it was a day off work my brain was like WTF are you doing?!! Stay in bed you lunatic! But glad I made the effort.

This afternoon I need to sort out the bunnies, do some exam prep, and probably get a shower. Cba ;) xx

Wednesday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes & spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushroom and peppers (half HexA1)
Crispy potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea:
6 Quorn nuggets (3)
Low Fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Microwave veg bag - carrots, peas, green beans
Beetroot
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Handful of raspberries, an Activia 0%, an apple and a lemon Alpen Light (HexB2), & 2tsp of maple syrup (1)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 5.5
Syns saved: 10.5

Last edited:
I'm so annoyed with the course again. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere!
I was revising for the two exams I have for drugs and medication and hardly any of the information I need to answer the questions aren't in the course notes!!! I spent almost 2hrs looking thru the lectures, trawling Google, and leafing through the BIG veterinary nurse handbook Michelle's leant me and I still didn't get to answer them all!!
I'm pretty sure of all but one of the multiple choice questions, but the short answer one is going to take work!! Dammit!
When you take and fail a multiple choice exams you get to see the answers at the end - so I could technically just take it, try my best, and then write down whatever I get wrong. But I can't do that with the short answer ones. Argh!!! So p*ssed off. Feels like wasted time :(

I put the work away before I lost my temper. I did edit my radiography case a little bit tho.
Made my tea and watched an ep of Modern Family and then put Frozen on. Was torturous because I couldn't sing a long because Rachelle's in bed!!

Finally caught up with you! Sorry you're having a bad few days with your ME :( pain is the worst, especially when it stops you sleeping. You're going to Kensington!! That's where I was the other week. Did NOT know about the Hummingbird Bakery... I must've been right near it. The tube was pretty good and I found I didn't have to do too much walking. At the NHM there are looooads of random chairs and benches round so you can sit down whenever you need to (I made full use lol). There are also cafés etc to chill with a coffee. Just plan well and don't push yourself xx

Hey Katie!
I've been to London many, many times :) And the Natural History at least 3 times lol! I know it quite well. I just can't be bothered with racing round various bits of London doing touristy stuff I've either done before or aren't that interested in. London's new-ish to my friend, but she'll be going again sometime this year (without me!) so she can do her own tourist stuff. I'd just like to go to the couple of places I like and not have to deal with the hassle of travelling.
Most of Saturday will be taken up by the wedding - if not all. I'm not sure of the plans yet! And we'll have Friday afternoon and some time on Sunday.

I'm thinking about asking our friend, who we met in Sweden, to meet us on the Friday afternoon at the Scandinavian place! Thought it would be rather fitting ;) Plus, I've wanted to try it for aaaaaaaages!!! Scandinavian Kitchen: Cafe Menu
And then Sunday I would just like to stay around South Kensington for the museum's and cafe's and stuff. But yeah, there are a good few Hummingbirds now and one right by the Natural History. My friend is thinking of having her wedding cake made by them :D

The pain has gotten a little better over the last couple of days - thank fully!! I've not taken any pain killers today. Hoping it stays away for a bit, at least until I'm at work at the weekend.
I have plans tomorrow - seeing Tim & Caz in the afternoon then meeting up with some work and ex-work friends for tea at the veggie place in the evening. Friday I am NOT leaving the house for anything or anyone. The furthest I will get is the garage for the rabbits ;) I NEED an at-home hermit day!!xx

I just worked out I have 19 weeks until my friends wedding. If I could, by some miracle, lose 1lb/0.5kg a week - or an average of 4lb / 2kg a month - I would get passed the 11st mark.
This would be amazing!!!! But I don't know what else I can do?!
I've decided I won't be having those meals or days off plan for doing the fast days 'just because' now. Of course life happens and I will have a meal or a day off some weeks, but every week was a bad habit to get in to. And the experiment didn't really work did it?!
I'll continue with 1 or 2 fast days a week still too. But, again, try not to reward myself so much with food for stuff like working a weekend!!!
I really need to lose this weight and get in to a healthier weight range. I want to do this to help my illnesses and help my body cope as best it can. But I need to do more and be a bit more strict I think!
Plus, I want to look really nice and feel comfortable at my friends wedding :)
Right, going to try and sleep coz I'm shattered. Night all.xx

Urgh! Horrible, horrible dream. My Mum and Dad got back together and both died in an accident. :confused: Cheers for that one subconscious!

Anyway, I'm metting Tim and Caz for coffee later. Then meeting my work friends for tea at the veggie place - hopefully my one and only evening off SW this week!!

Going to stop in at Asda in between T&C and getting to town. Need a few foody bits to get me over my work weekend and I do NOT want to leave the house tomorrow ;)

For lunch I was supposed to have something low cal, but I really wanted some ravioli. So I had that lol.
Ravioli, cheese, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, and salad with a few drops of dressing. So 1 each Hex and 2.5 syns :)
The rest of the day I probably wont count, but have syns saved towards whatever I have too.
Cheerio for now.x

Back