Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Wednesday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red pepper, mushrooms, and shallots (half HexA1)
Crispy potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema: Small tub of strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries with a new pineapple and coconut Activia! Mmmmm!!

Tea:
Quorn steak topped with gherkins and cheese (all cheese HexA2)
Pasta N Sauce Mac & Cheese (part HexA1 for Koko milk + 2)
Shredded ice burg lettuce
Cucumber
Garlic & herb dressing (1)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 21

That sounds like a good day all round: nice food, good film and a productive study/coursework session.

it must be very frustrating battling with your weight. You're certainly not getting the results you should. It might help to know I kept getting sticking points, or plateaus, when my weight wouldn't shift and I was really despairing. Usually, a loss would follow a bit of a mini binge! It was though my body suddenly decided I wasn't starving it after all! But I'm fortunate in that I haven't got all your problems which must be the main reasons behind your struggle. I hope you get the result you deserve some time soon.

Hey Patty!
Have thoroughly stressed myself out this evening. Had no idea how in-depth the anaesthetic equipment assessment would be. It's basically all the stuff we never get to do because we're lowly VCA's and the nurses take over. Haven't a clue on some of it so I've no idea what I'm supposed to do. Hoping my mentor will at least help me through it. The questions I have to answer for it are rather in-depth too. Again, way over the standard we're expected at our grade. Ridiculous course!
Have written down the guidelines and my answers so will have to revise that and hope for some help!
I've revised for two exams this evening too. Need to speak to my mentor or tutor about the short answer one as I really don't know what they want. So annoying!!

Have just had my snack and I'm gonna finish my drink and head to bed. Virtually no chance of a decent sleep tonight now, I'm too wound up :cry: It will be over soon! *repeat until insane*

I did have steady-ish losses at the start of my journey, 4 years ago lol. But even then I would get weeks of sts or gains and then a big drop. But I mostly got 1 or 2lb gains, which were awesome. But towards the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 my losses slowed right down and my gains increased, even when I was exercising like a crazy person and being strict with syns and stuff. It's one of the indicators that finally lead me to see my Dr because gaining weight is a big thing in thyroid deficiency. Which I did have last year with the thyroiditis they finally discovered, but my last tests showed my thyroid function was back to a normal rate. So that shouldn't be the reason! I just don't know what is. And I know I'm far from saintly with SW and it's rare I have an absolute 100% week, but most weeks I also don't go crazy, maybe a meal or two off plan, but then I try to balance it with fast days. It really doesn't make sense :(
I would happily take an average of 4lb a month, more than happily! But even that seems vastly beyond me right now. Just don't know what else to do really other than keep trying :)

Right, I'd better go to bed. So glad I'm only in work 2 days this week. Hopefully get these two exams out of the way tomorrow!
Nighty night everyone.xx

Sounds as though you've had a very busy day off, glad you managed to enjoy some of it and the cinema.
I can't see why they shouldn't give you a few more days for your talk, it's sounds as thought they're expecting alot from you between, studying for exams, preparing talks and writing assignments, too much if you ask me.
Have you ever thought that all the stress you have in your life could be affecting your weight losses? It can't help.
I hope work isn't too bad for you tomorrow and you get your exams done and out of the way x x x

Sounds as though you've had a very busy day off, glad you managed to enjoy some of it and the cinema.
I can't see why they shouldn't give you a few more days for your talk, it's sounds as thought they're expecting alot from you between, studying for exams, preparing talks and writing assignments, too much if you ask me.
Have you ever thought that all the stress you have in your life could be affecting your weight losses? It can't help.
I hope work isn't too bad for you tomorrow and you get your exams done and out of the way x x x

Hey dude!
Aren't they always busy?! Lol How I long for an actual day off!!

They are expecting a lot because they don't seem to realise that this IS a lot. For anyone, not just me! I'd love to see my mentor cope with all that and get consistent distinctions. Grrrrrr!!!!
I've prepped for 2 exams tomorrow, but realistically I need more time for the talk and practical assessment. Unless they just want me to scrape by!

I have no doubt that my stress levels are massively impacting my weight :( I just can't see a way out right now. I really do feel like I'm flailing around. Just wish I lost weight when stressed like a normal person would :p

I'm so tired! Didn't sleep well last night and got woken up a bajillion times throughout the morning. So anxious though and my heart is pounding. Meh!! Just *sigh*

I will at least turn the light out and try to rest, even if I don't sleep much.xx

A quick bit of research and I'm back in the territory of cortisol overproduction, which is caused by stress and has some pretty major side effects and health issues. Inc increased appetite for high energy foods, insomnia (it messes with your body rhythm), and changes how and where your body processes and stores fat.
I read so much on cortisol last year as I was showing consistently high levels, but one Cushing's and Addison's were ruled out the Dr'sb pushed it aside and it was forgotten about :\ But if its affecting my life so much and could still be an issue then I think I need to bring it up. I need to see my Dr over the next couple of weeks, so I'll make a note. Even if it means I have to visit pink elephant land and load up on diazepam for blood tests! Surely there must be help or treatment?!! Will look into it more while I try to get a DR's appointment..
Thanks Barbette :) xx

Well that was a whole lot of wasted energy and stress!
We were very busy today and I was in kennels, so absolutely no chance I would be given time to do an exam, never mind use up 4 members of staff for a talk!! Good for me in a way, but frustrating about the exams. BUT I saw my mentor, I didn't know she'd been off work sick for a week, and she hadn't even remembered she'd asked me to revise for exams or do the talk :confused:
My boss came through with some booklets about various clinical stuff and I was like, done that, done that, done that, etc... Ok maybe one I could still use, but I was being a bit stubborn ;) I spoke to her for a little bit and said that I have finished the written work for section 2 and have a couple of exams (plus the re-sit) and some practicals. but I'm pretty much working on section 3 now and my talk is already written, it just needs putting together. She seemed pretty impressed and stuff. but why hasn't she been told this?!! *****!
Anyway, she was nice to me today and I've booked Ellie in next week to see her vet before she goes on maternity leave and my boss was really nice and said to make sure I book a kennel so she can stay in with me till I finish work.... Erm... Lol! Expected much more hassle over that! Especially using a big kennel. But I'll take the good mood while I have it lol We're going to do a general health check and see how she's coping with the Cushing's and arthritis. Might do a blood sample and send it to our external labs and do a geriatric profile and see if everything's working ok. I'm sure she's ok coz she looks ok, but her arthritis is bad. Hoping the new "advance" Yumove has well and truly kicked in by then too :)
Oh and I offered to stay after work today to do the two exams but my boss said she will give me time tomorrow because there'll be more staff in to save me from staying. Wow!! Nearly fell over ;)
Also got Davey's supplements to start him on. I need shares in Lintbells - who make Yumove and Yumega lol. Dave's on both now!!!!!

Attempting a fast day again today. Figure I need all the help I can get. Feel a bit hungry, but think it's more from being so tired than anything.
This afternoon I'll be putting the bunnies in the run and doing coursework. Yay.... Ah well.

Cheerio for now.x

Oh no - all that stress for nowt! Good that you can get Ellie checked though.

It sounds as though you may be on to something with the cortisol and stress affecting your weight loss. And lack of sleep won't help either. Did you see this last year? BBC News - 'Sleep - key to tackling obesity'

Good luck tomorrow and hope today's fast day went well. Do you find you are more likely to get the heart pounding issue after a fast day? I ask because I seem to get it; not really bad but distinctly noticeable which is one reason why I don't cut down to 500 (the other reason being because I don't need to at this time).

I know in a way it took the pressure off me today/this week. But kinda not the point. My mentor didn't even remember I was supposed to do stuff this week?! What is the point?! Grrr..... Anyway, I have now put my talk in to a basic powerpoint presentation :) I've not practiced the talk but I'm sure the dogs will be up on working contracts by next week ;)
I need to do a bit of revision, but just finished watching Insidious 2 with Mum.

The cortisol overproduction really stood out for me last year. The pounding heart, sweating, weight gain, etc, etc.... Yet the Dr's, in their infinite wisdom decided to check for Csuhings/Addisons and then insulinoma - all of which are very dramatic and cause by tumours. Thing is, I am in no way diabetic, so insulinoma was a bit out there! And I had the high cortisol of Cushings but none of the symptoms, yet I have all of the symptoms of Addisons but cortisol is underproduced in that. So really, they were grasping at straws! My dog has Cushings btw, the expensive one ;)
What it probably is is years of depression and anxiety as well as having a generally stressful life. I do wonder if there is treatment for cortisol levels other than Cushings treatments or "reducing stress" :rolleyes:
I think I will talk to my gp about this because if my cortisol levels are still high, which I assume they are, then it is separate from the ME or at least working along side it. And if there's a treatment then why not?!! I mean increased stress hormones over a long period of time are very damaging!!
It might mean more blood tests, but I do have quite a lot of diazepam left....

I'll have a look at the link in a bit. Thanks Patty.

My heart palpitations and pounding happen usually from about 7pm right through the night. If you have a look at the cycle of cortisol production (particularly in overproducers) this fits in spot on with a surge in cortisol. And it's an endless loop too. I get pounding heart and palpitations pretty much every night, which keeps me awake because it's SO loud and it makes my whole body jump and twitch. Not noticed anything particularly obvious on fast days, but then I have most of my symptoms all the time so it's hard to see any difference. And yeah, the Dr's know all that and still chose to ignore it :sigh:

Fast day has gone well! Although I am still really hungry. Stupid bloody tiredness!! It's not like I'm "starving" though, just feel a bit hungry. I do have my cereal snack left to go tho. xx

Oh and it looks like I'm meeting my friend in town tomorrow and we're going to use my Independent Liverpool Card to try somewhere new for lunch. Thinking of here: http://www.lucha-libre.co.uk/holding/menu-liverpool.pdf

But, just one meal off! And it's not like being good is doing me any favours either ;) But I do have a lot of syns saved and 2 fast days done. Looking forward to it! Wanted to try there for ages. LOVE the sound of the filling for the veggie taco's :D
But I am rather a fan of breakfast burrito's too.... Hmmmm.... the choices!

Last edited:
Thursday food: 500cal fast day Well....

Lunch:
Multigrain porridge (115)
100ml Koko milk (27)
= 142

Tea:
Carton of New Covent Garden Carrot and Coriander soup (216)

Snack:
40g Coco Pops (128)
50ml Koko milk (13)
= 141

Drinks: Coffee. LOTS of water. Rooibos tea. Coke Zero (2)

Calories used: 501 :eek: F*ck it ;)

I think a trip to the GP would be good idea, if your levels are high they should be able to help you in some way not just to help you with you weight but for your health as well.

I hope you got some rest last night and a little sleep and you've had a good day today. How was you meal? And what did you have? x x x

Hey guys!

I passed the exam I re-sat :D I took the other one, the multiple choice one on drugs, and got 11 out of 11 but FAILED!! I had to read it 3 times to see why. All the questions had 4 answer options but one of them you could pick more than one answer and I picked 2. But the "right" answer was all of them! So I basically got half a question wrong. ARGH!!!! What the?!
I have to wait a week to re-sit that, but I'm not working next Friday because it's a bank holiday, so will have to wait till a week on Tuesday to re-sit it *head desk*

I had a quick chat with my mentor and told her I was worried about the practical assessments that are left as it's not stuff I would normally do in work and not anything I'm practiced at. Her reply was that that's why she wants me to read stuff up first. Dear Lord!!
I've asked Michelle (my Michelle) if she can help and I'm going to go in to her work with her for an hour or so on Sunday and we're going to go through some stuff and let me practice. Lovely!! But how ridiculous that we have to do that though?! :rolleyes:

In other news the scales say I am now 75.5kg!! Which is a loss of 1.5kg/3lbs'ish :D I'm not celebrating just yet and will see what damage my Sister's birthday and Easter does. But at least I bloody well lost something!!! You know I would be really happy if this happened once a month and it stayed off. I could cope with the gains and sts if I got 2 or 3lbs over all a month.

I had a lovely afternoon with my friend! I got to the cafe early (we decided on the nice cheap veggie place because my sister has my Independent card) and had my Nexus with me. I did a mixture of reading and looking through my course stuff - the assignments for section 3.
We had a nice long lunch and did loads of talking. Then we had a wander round the shops. I needed a couple of presents for Rachelle's birthday and a card and some paper. And I picked up a little gift for my vet friend who's going on maternity next week, Ellie's vet, from Lush. It's a little bunny :D Got one for Rachelle too.
Oh and I had to buy new walking boots. Mine finally died in work today. I was kneeling on the floor and scuffed my foot getting up and the toe bit came off :eek: To be fair I bought those when I started this job, I dog walk in them, they've been to Sweden, and I used to run in them too.... so they've done well in 3 years lol! I got a new pair of Karrimor walking boots from Sports Direct (I hate that shop :p) for £27! Should have been over £50. Score!! But another bloody spend I wasn't expecting. *sigh*

I took Caz home and I sat with her dogs for a little bit. Got mauled by the puppy a bit more lol.

Food for today was:

Break at work: Shape 0% with a handful of strawberry, blackberries, and raspberries.

Lunch at The Egg: Garlic cheese on toast with the mixed salad - pesto pasta, wholemeal cous cous, salad, and tomatoes. Salad cream

Tea: Italian Linda M sausage and mini waffle toasties on wholemeal bread with a bit of tomato sauce and mustard. What?! ;)

Dessert: I bought a slice of the vegan chocolate crunch home with me from The Egg. And it was delightful ;)

Drinks I've had Coke Zero, coffee, and a soy milk vanilla macchiato from Starbucks.

I don't think today has been too bad for a kind of off plan day. Used all my Hex's at lunch though, most definitely! But will be very sensible and wipe out my saved syns and all of todays allowance too :) Which I think combined is over 35! Plus my Hex's for the day too. So I reckon I should be ok.xx

I think a trip to the GP would be good idea, if your levels are high they should be able to help you in some way not just to help you with you weight but for your health as well.

I hope you got some rest last night and a little sleep and you've had a good day today. How was you meal? And what did you have? x x x

Wow we cross posted!! I'm due my contraceptive injection within the next 2 weeks so will book an appointment to see my GP for that and talk about the other stuff. I'm really worried what affect such constant high levels of Cortisol could be doing to me! I mean I know what it does in Cushings and it's very serious!! And I assume no matter what the cause of cortisol over-production it is still serious?!
Can't believe it's just being ignored though :confused:

Well done on another exam passed :D A bit of a dumb reason to fail you on the other though :confused:
It is silly you have to go elsewhere and in your own time to learn things you need to know for this course, I'd love to speak to the person who designed your course they need to give their head a shake!!
Well done on your loss even if it's not here to stay, at least you efforts and hard working are showing for once :)
Glad you had a nice lunch and a bit of a chill, just what you need. Could really eat some garlic bread right now, not had it in ages.
I'm surprised (well not really thinking about it) that the doctors never followed up you high levels of cortisol, especially since it has detrimental effects on your health. x x

I know, ridiculous about the fail!! Half a question.....
And I don't think it's the college's fault about the practical assessments. It's a course that covers anyone training as a VCA in any veterinary set up, so in another hospital or practice I may do these things more often. I did as a volunteer!! But I think my current issue with assessments is down to my boss and mentor. Why aren't they showing me these things and teaching me? I mean I didn't ask, but it was rather heavily hinted at. But I'm just supposed to read about it?! What?!

The garlic bread at The Egg is basically thick pieces of unsliced toast! So really the cheesy garlic bread is garlic cheese on toast. It's amazing!! I was going to be good and get soup and just one slice of cheese on toast, but just before Caz arrived they changed it to a bizarre one that doesn't sound nice.

They followed up the cortisol by testing me for Cushings or Addisons but that's as far as it went. So it didn't matter that I had high cortisol?! :rolleyes: It's so well documented the symptoms and affects of high cortisol. Seems like something else I will have to push for. Can't imagine what constant psychological and chemical stress is doing to my body!!

Anyway, have just brushed half of Ellie - the half she wasn't lying on lol and I think I'm going to go to bed. Really tired now. But all in all had a pretty good day :) xx

Not feeling very well today. Absolutely exhausted and my muscles are really tired, slow and achey. I eventually got out of bed just after 2:30!
I had more dreams about being kidnapped and trapped!! It's fairly obvious why with all the stuff that's going on. I do feel trapped by work, illness, being a carer, but I don't need weird dreams about it too. Not nice to not really feel in control of your life!
Had a few dreams about being in work too. Yay... lol

Not really done much yet. I did the dishes and put Rachelle's washing out so I could do mine. And made my lunch and caught up with yesterdays Neighbours. Really should be doing some work but it might have to wait for a bit, my head's really fuzzy and I'm struggling to concentrate. Plus my fingers are really slow and even typing this is quite an effort.
I won't really have time tomorrow or Monday to do work tho. But I am going to learn the assessment stuff with Michelle tomorrow so that is doing work I suppose!

Anyway, Mum's on her way home from town so might see if she just wants to watch a film and chill out for a bit :)

Will do food now. I'm kinda excited about my tea. Going to do a beany veg casserole thing with either burgers or sausages with some little roasted spuds and roast cauliflower :D
Hope everyone's having a nice weekend so far.xx

Saturday food: SW green day

Lunch:
Veggie ravioli with spinach mixed in (2)
Shredded ice burg and mixed leaf salad
Cheese (Half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Dressing (0.5)

Tea:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Beany casserole - lots of superfree veggies
Roasted cauliflower
Broccoli
Roasted potatoes and shallots
Cheese (HexA2)
Garlic and herb dressing (1)

Snack:
2 broken up Alpen Lights (HexB2)
Raspberries
Shape 0%
1tsp maple Syrup (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash.

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 9

Last edited:
Aww thank you! But I put on over 1.5st last year with being ill. Working very hard to try and get it back! I almost got to 11 stone! So bloody close ;)

I've put Frozen on while I gather information about health & safety and accident reporting. Only stopping to sing-along with the songs :p

The Mothership has been delayed from getting home by the "wife". She's stopped in for coffee and to let Michelle moan about her awful day at work. Bit more quiet time for me to work/sing lol!

Back