Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Oh my - where do I start?!

Great loss - and about time after all your hard work. Well done on getting another exam out of the way. The drugs one is sneaky - did the paper say you could pick all the options? I don't regard that as a proper multiple choice.

Bugger about the work you've got to sort out for yourself. How would you do it if you've didn't know someone who could help you out? Your boss and mentor aren't helpful are they!

So pleased you had a good time with your friend. The food sounds lovely - but the, your food always does. Bummer that you're paying for a nice time by feeling so crappy today. Hope you improve and have less distressing dreams tonight.

Sorry you're feeling so ill today :(
Just do what you can, don't worry if you can't do a lot. It's better doing a little than pushing yourself too much and making yourself ill.
Hopefully the Frozen songs will lift your spirits and help you get through the work, I always put music on whilst working.
Can you only get the veggie ravioli from sainsburys? I've not seen it anywhere else x x x

Hey Patty!
Thanks for the well done's on the loss and exams. The question said I could pick more than one answer, but very sneaky! And incredibly annoying!

I suppose if I didn't have someone outside of work who was qualified I would have to ask someone in work or stay behind late or whatever. And no, my boss and mentor aren't very supportive at all.

The dreams are rubbish, especially as it's something I consciously recognise. I know I feel a bit trapped and lost, I don't need extra reminding!!

Hey Barbette!
My plan was to gather the info I needed for the health & safety / accident reporting poster. But I ended up doing the whole lot! It's over 4 pages though, but considering the amount of info they want on it I don't see how to get it on just one page without having the writing tiny! I'd have to attach a magnifying glass to a bit of string under it ;) I'm pretty happy with it though, have definitely got the info in there and expanded a little. Plus I got some good pictures for it too. Don't think it's worth a distinction though, but don't really want to put any more effort in lol. Plus, it's not something I've been "set" by my mentor so will hopefully earn me a gold star for effort ;)
Think it took me about 3hrs in all, but I was a bit distracted by Frozen lol. When I do written work or revision I can't have anything on I'm interested in watching or music I know the words too lol. I'm far too easily distracted! I sometimes put on Studio Ghibli sound tracks because it's instrumental. But then I know the film's so well I can picture the scenes *blush*
Mum's had a look through the poster and we went thru the powerpoint presentation and I made some small edits. Nothing major!

You can get veggie ravioli in Morrison's too, but I don't think it's as nice. Tbh none of them are that nice really, but they make a nice change occasionally. I put extras in mine to perk them up a bit :)

I sorted out the bunnies too and then made tea for me and Mum.

I made a beany casserole with veg and little roasted potatoes!
The casserole was mushrooms, garlic, 3 different coloured peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and baked beans. Used some herbs, Chipotle Tabasco, and Wahaca sauce.
The potatoes were little ones halved and roasted with some chunky shallots in Frylight, garlic salt, herbs, and Worcester sauce. I also roasted some cauliflower in Frylight and paprika and steamed some broccoli!
I had 1 syn veggie burgers with mine and Mum had sausages.
Such a lovely tea!! I've got a portion of the casserole left to freeze too. Excellent.

We're just watching another scary film - The Conjuring. Feeling a little better and "lighter" now :) xx

Last edited:
My bread was mouldy :cry: And my Mum didn't have wholemeal bread! So treated myself to a 3-egg omelette instead of bread! And it was nommy!!

Sunday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
3 egg omelette filled with onions, mushrooms, red & orange peppers, spinach, and loads of cheese (HexA1)
Half a tin of spaghetti hoops
Crispy sliced potatoes
Grilled cherry tomatoes
Fruity brown sauce (1)

At the cinema: Cadbury's Caramel (9.5)

Tea:
90g wholemeal bread (Mum bought some nice uncut stuff today ;)) which is close enough to a HexB1!
3 extra light Laughing Cow triangles (Half HexA2)
Shape 0% with a handful of raspberries
Graze tub of pistachio's (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 10.5
Syns left this week: 13.5

Last edited:
Sounds as yummy as always!

Promise I'll catch up later xxx

ARGH!!!! The car died! Like actually died. Had to call out Green Flag - how very glad I am I have the BEST breakdown cover!
Luckily it was at the cinema and my other friends hadn't driven away yet. So me and Michelle sat in their car with the heaters on and argued about virus related films for an hour lol. Green Flag is an excellent service btw. The original guy I spoke to was great then the company who was coming to recover me called to say who they were then called a bit later to say someone was on the way and an ETA. Fantastic!
The battery was completely dead :confused: I didn't leave anything on while we were at the cinema and it was only off the road for a day!! He said for whatever reason the car computer had gone in to economy mode which had eventually drained the battery. The battery is apparently pretty new and there's nothing wrong with it. So he tricked the computer in to thinking it had been re-set and it should be ok. He suggested I keep the engine running for around 40mins. So I took Michelle to McDonald's and kept it running in the car park, took her home the long way, sat outside chatting for a bit, and then I drove home the very scenic route lol. I had it running for an hour in the end. And I had it start up 3 times before I came in. I'm going to check it again before I go to bed.

Food almost went out the window with stopping at McDonald's, but I just got a diet Coke.
I was supposed to have curry for tea but feel really sick and shaky (my body does not cope with stress well any more!!) so decided to use some Hex's and keep it relatively light. Pretty impressed with myself!
I also didn't eat both things I took to the cinema, just one. And had an internal fight about whether I should get Pic & Mix lol. But I didn't :)

Will update my food now.xx

Noooooooo! I know it's buyer beware etc. but I do wonder if you can argue that the car wasn't 'fit for purpose'. I would visit the Citizen's Advice to see if you can take any action against either the company who sold it and/or the finance company. You shouldn't have had all the problems with it you've had. What reg is the car, and what was the mileage when you got it?

And well done on being so strong-willed diet-wise with all that stress.

Oh no!! That car of your's is really naughty!! Have you managed to get it going this morning? Or is it still dead? You've certainly had no luck with it at all :(
Well done on keeping in control of your food and not giving temptation :D x x x

Had to get Green Flag out again this morning. Nice man told me the complete opposite of the guy last night and did extra tests and said he's no idea what the other guy was going on about. The battery was completely dead and not holding any charge at all! So he went and bought me a new one and came back to fit it - only paid for the battery itself! Got it done and working just in time for us to take Mum for her first neurology consult at Fazakerly hospital (anyone seen the Brain Hospital on TV?) We did NOT take my car ;)
It's also my Sister's birthday today so we went in to town afterwards and went for an amazing brunch at Moose Coffee. Gorgeous! We got cake to bring home because we didn't buy a birthday cake for her. We had a wander round the shops but I felt really unwell so went for a sit down and a read in Starbucks for a bit.

When I got home I checked on the bunnies and wormed Ralph. Checked the car would start and run - it did!! And then I crashed a bit. Got very wibbly and dizzy so had to go lie down. About to have birthday meal number two lol We brought burrito's in from Bar Burrito and got some chips - Rachelle's just been out for them.

So a complete day off plan, but it was planned and I didn't use up all my syns and I didn't have breakfast today.

Feel awful!! So tired and so fed up of everything!

I decided to drop trying to go against the show room over the car as it was causing so much stress it was making me physically sick. I don't really know what to do tho!
When I originally bought it and they changed the contract/finance without telling me I went to CAB and the solicitor I was sent to basically told me off and said it was my own fault and I shouldn't have signed it. So it kind of put me off. But all the stuff that's happened since! But it's been over a year now, so I've no idea where I stand and don't really know who to go to.

Right, going to have my tea and watch something funny :)

Thank you for the messages ladies.xx

This is what I had for lunch. It was amazing!! I even had wholemeal toast ;) Pretty SW friendly really! And the only non-SW friendly part of the burrito was the wrap. I can't defend the chips or cake tho ;)

Bronx Brunch Green Line (V)
Our delicious homemade potato hash griddled with garlic, onion and mustard mixed with chopped griddled halloumi cheese, artichokes, peppers, chopped jalopenos, cherry tomatoes and our homemade roasted tomato Cajun ketchup. Topped with two poached eggs and served with warm toast.

This is the restaurant if anyone wants a look-see Moose Coffee

The car's just never ending. Since I bought it (my first car btw) just over 12months ago I've had to do over £1000 worth of work to it! Was completely done over by the show room I bought it from and they just washed their hands of it. They never even replaced my drivers side front seat, which doesn't match the rest of the car.

I can't take credit for yesterday's food as it was at a restaurant and then takeaway :) It was lovely though.x

Hey Katie!
I know! I remember the days when it was just me talking to myself about crap lol!

Today is going to at least attempt a fast day. I feel a bit food overloaded from yesterday and I think it needs a bit of a break.
I feel really low today though and my head is all heavy and fuzzy. I don't think I'm working very well either. Trying to pick up a mug of coffee I just pushed it straight off the table. A full mug!! Don't even know how that was possible?! Some of it went on the laptop, but it seems ok. Can do without having to buy a new laptop!!

Not looking forward to work later either. Think I need another catch-up day after such a stressful run of days!! For once I'm kind of glad I'm on lates this week as it means I don't have to get up early and can try to catch up on some sleep. Or at least not be awake worrying I have to be up in a few hours! The good thing is that this week was supposed to be a full week of lates, but I booked yesterday off for Mum's neurology appointment and for Rachelle's birthday outing. And Friday is a bank holiday, so I've gone from 5 days of lates to 3 :)

I'm being naughty and not taking any of my work in with me so I can feign ignorance. I can't do my talk if I don't have the stuff with me ;) Going to take in my notes for the assessment Michelle helped me with though and hope the evening isn't too mental and I can have a practice with no one around. Or in case my mentor springs it on me - but I'm sure she's not on theatre till tomorrow....

Just so tired. A bit painful, especially my shoulders - but I seriously carry my stress and tension there. But just feel really low and gloomy and just relatively meh :(

Last day of worming Ralph today though. YAY!! ;) xx

The curry is good for 3 days after it comes out of the freezer and that would be chicken as well as long as it went straight from freezer to fridge.

So glad you got your car up and running again, good luck getting a really helpful breakdown guy. Strange how diagnosis can change so vastly from 2 of them from the same company :confused:
Sorry you're feeling so poopy :( take it easy at work and I don't blame you not taking your work for your speech.
The menu for the Moose Cafe sounds really nice, plenty of veggie options :) All your meals yesterday sound very yummy.
You know gall bladder problems can cause pain in your shoulder, well your right side.
I hope work isn't too manic and get through it okay x x x

Back