Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I quite like Chihuahua's, but almost every single one we have as patient's have a "CARE" on their file. It's little dog syndrome though. My specialty is small, angry dogs, particularly terriers, but just occasionally one gets the better of you. I strongly believe it is down to the owner though, with maybe 99% of small dog aggression. They get babied and get away with all sorts that wouldn't be acceptable for a bigger dog and then they turn evil and dominant.
Dave was an absolute b*stard when we got him. Very aggressive over food, toys, personal space, being touched, etc.... Absolutely no chance little dog!! And I wasn't horrible or aggressive back with him, but now he is beautifully behaved. I've even had vets tell me he's the nicest, calmest, most lovely Jack Russel they've ever met. And that will do :D
But yeah, I am a strong believer in aggression from dogs mostly being the owners fault because of it's upbringing. You do have a small amount of dogs who are genuinely fear-aggressive, like Ellie, but that can be dealt with too and managed to an extent. A dog's behaviour governed by fear is a very very tricky one, but it can be "helped", can't cure them tho.
And I'll shut up now..... Don't get me going on behaviour ;) x

Scandi sandwiches!! Also can't remember when I last ate crisps! Those Aldi ones are gorgeous. Better than Quavers!

Wednesday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
2 boiled eggs/egg mayo (0.5)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Red & yellow peppers
Butterhead & baby leaf salad
Beetroot
Aldi Cheese Curls crisps (3)

Evening snack at work:
NOTHING :cry:

A few raspberries and cherries while putting the shopping away

Tea:
Quorn mince
Roasted veg ratatouille - onion, peppers, courgette, cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, and mushrooms.
LOTS of tagliatelle
Salad
Cheese (HexA1)

Snack:
Mango, kiwi, red grapes, and a Shape 0%
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 3.5
Syns saved: 23

Last edited:
Grrrr! Have been in such a bad mood all afternoon.
I left early for my dr's appointment hoping I might be seen a bit early. I got seen late even though there was only one woman before me, who was called in at 4:15 and surgery starts at 4! I was there just before. It wasn't my usual Dr as he had no appointments, so saw a lady Dr I've seen before. I only really went for my injection but asked her opinion on the stupid blood test and hospital test I'm supposed to have. She just said I should go along with what the consultant wants. Argh!!! So I'll just keep putting it off...
My bum cheek doesn't hurt as much as it usually does, so at least she was gentle. Just so annoyed and these endless pointless tests :(

In my rush to get to the Dr's I forgot to put my work boots on and had really old, battered Rocket Dogs on that actually have small holes in the sole.... Not good for my work ;) AND, more importantly, I forgot my fruit and yogurt for my break. God dammit!!!!! And the staff room table was full of biscuits and sweets *head desk* I didn't give in though, just sulked and hid the Cadbury's Fingers under a box of crappy biscuits ;)

Work was actually bizarre! From the time I took the phone until I left I took one phone call and I think we saw 3 clients :eek: That's insane!! We ended up with 4 dog inpatients and one cat - 2 animals were transferred from the other hospital as well, so we really only had 3 patients off our own! plus a stray homing pigeon (obv he's rubbish at his job!) and a stray cat. Bloody insane! So at least it meant I wasn't rushing round like a loon. I did catch-up on some odds and ends jobs we never get around too because we're so busy, so that was good. Then I sat with the emergency vet team drinking coffee :D

Stopped at Aldi on the way back. I shouldn't be allowed in there ;) Lots of fruit and veg anyway.... Bought a tray of Mediterranean veg to make ratatouille with. Made 2 portions with Quorn mince and one without so I can have it with whatever. Really nice!

Just watching some Black Books and trying to relax and get out of this horrible mood.xx

Ditto what Barbette said!

I don't like Chihuahuas or any tiny dog - I like a dog to be dog-sized, if you see what I mean? Although I do have a soft spot for corgis (I know they can be a bit snarly/snappy but we had 3 during my childhood and they were softies really) and miniature long-haired dachshunds. I was walking behind someone with a bassett hound puppy the other day and it was so lovely, particularly when it refused to walk anymore and the owner had to carry it on her hip! Mmm - hadn't realised I liked so many short-legged dogs! Those aside, I prefer sort-of cocker spaniel to labrador sized dogs. (Deffo don't like the short-legged cats - Munchkin cats - though, as they just look deformed).

Hope things seem better today.

I like dogs from every size and class. My issue with small dogs is stupid owners who don't train them well and don't let them be dogs - dogs have legs, they can walk.... I don't like dogs being treated like babies. That's not how you look after a dog. The same goes for any size dog that gets babied though, causes so many issues with behaviour and the poor thing doesn't have a clue how to be a dog.
I see them all the time and people think it's funny that they're aggressive and biting as they're "Protecting the children". I even had a small dog who was biting their children and said it was fine because they'd hand reared it and knew it wouldn't do any harm. They were cuddling it and telling it it was a good boy while it was trying to bite me..... Always, always the owner...

Rachelle has a thing for Corgies, she desperately wants one. I like Daschy's, but prefer the long haired ones too. I grew up with a cocker spaniel and then an angry jack russel. When I was young my auntie, who we stayed with a lot, had German shepherds. And I personally have a thing for giant breeds. So yeah, I'm open to dogs lol. My work specialty is definitely small, angry dogs that no one else will go near!
My Mum had Bassets before I came along and she loves them. I prefer some of the other besset breeds, especially the scruffy ones. But regular Basset Hounds have such awful health conditions because of the way their skeletons are so deformed. BUT, give it a good owner who will manage it well and it will be a good dog. They are beyond stubborn tho!

I'm still in an awful mood! Not helped with a bad night filled with horrible nightmares. And Mum's off work today because of being on strike and I got woken up about a million times with her being quite noisy and letting Dave just bark and bark. So I've come down in a bad mood and it's clinging on. Just fed up really.

The Out of Hours stuff at work always starts getting to me after a few days too. The stress of dealing with emergencies is quite bad and you have such a huge responsibility, it really does get to me. All the other VCA's are the same tho. It's difficult to cope with after a while. 2 more shifts left this week.....x

Thursday food: An EE day

Lunch:
Tuna & extra light mayo (1)
Onion, sweetcorn, & sweet peppers
Wholemeal moose pasta
Romain lettuce with cucumber and plum cherry tomatoes
Cheese (half HexA)

Break at work:
Mango, pineapple, and red grapes.
Shape 0%

Tea:
Portion of veg and Quorn chickpea dahl curry - it had cauliflower in, which was a nice surprise :D
Mild Curry rice
Spinach side salad.

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB)
Pecan Pie Nakd bar (8)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Diet ginger ale

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 29

Last edited:
I'm really scared of some big breeds like, rotties and Dobermans, I know it's down to the owner but I have a full on panic attack if I'm anywhere near them. Had really bad experiences with them when a young child and it's stuck and I can't shake it off :( I do agree a lot of owners don't train their dogs properly, when we got Tia the first thing we did was get her booked in for puppy training and Sam is a good natured dog apart from getting grumpy with dogs he doesn't know, but that's only really happened as he's got older and I always make sure he's on a lead when other dogs are around. I think all owners should be made to take their dogs training even if it's just the basics.

Sorry to hear you're still in a bad mood :( I don't think the stress from work will be helping, hopefully you'll get through the last 2 shifts and you'll start to feel better. Hope you have a relaxing night after work x x x

Some owners just don't know how to have a dog! They treat them like children or are overly harsh and beat them - either will get aggression! Either from being too high up the hierarchy or too low and having to fight for their lives. It's very sad. Every dog needs to know it's place!!
I think a bad experience with anything would leave you scarred mate! Doesn't matter if it's a dog, another animal, or a person or situation. And I'm not surprised it stayed with you having had it happen as a child. My Sister was bitten by a random dog (in her armpit of all places!) but she's gotten away without fear. I can only assume it's having been around dogs her whole life and even as a child knew this wasn't normal behaviour! We were walking past a house and the dog flew out of the front door, leaped over the garden gate, and bit her. Very bizarre!
I am very very wary of cats after being bitten, but I can honestly say I know they're not all bad - mostly ;)

I'm actually really fond of Doby's and Rotties, but I wouldn't have one :p

I think people need to know how to look after a care for anything before they bloody get it. Honestly, people are so f*cking ignorant of even the most basic care. Drives me insane!! I always had to research and prove I knew how to look after something, how much it would cost, their behaviour, etc before I was allowed a pet!

Grrrrr..... Lol

I sat my last exam today!! I passed the multiple choice section, but need the short answers marking. I've let my tutor know I've submitted everything :D

Work was bizarre again tonight. I took 4 calls, but we didn't have anyone come in. We had one regular dog and cat as inpatients, a baby hedgehog (which I 'cuddled'), a racing pigeon, 2 isolation dogs, and 2 isolation cats..... This is getting scary now! I'm dreading tomorrow night. It has to explode at some point. All's I can say is at least I'm not in this weekend..... ;) LOL! x

Fantastic that you've submitted your final paper so early!! Does that mean this godforsaken course is nearly over!?! :O :eek:

You left your snack at home and avoided cadbury's fingers!? YOU ARE MY HERO!! <3
x

Just realised that I have submitted my final (hopefully no resits!) piece of work for the course 5 weeks before the end date. Get in ;)
Kinda want to do an "IN YOUR FACE" dance at my boss and mentor.... hehe

Great - freedom beckons! Oh, do the dance - over and over and over again in your imagination, lol!

There are a few things in the new magazine which might interest you.

Amoy Stir-Fry Sauces (in 150ml bottles): Garlic & Chinese 5 Spice, Lemongrass & Kaffir Lime, Red Chilli (all Syn free) (£1.49 per bottle in Tesco)
Kellogg's All Bran Chocolate Wheats (30g = HExB) (Tesco, Ocado & Sainsbury's)

From Tesco: Tesco Healthy Living Roasted Mushroom Cannelloni (3.5 Syns per pack), Free from Chocolate & Coconut milk (250ml = HExA, £1.25 - this should be good in porridge!)

Hey guys!!

Yes, the end is indeed in sight. If I pass my exams then that is it. I can't edit any coursework I've submitted and we've done all the practicals. So yeah, as long as the exams pass and I don't have to re-sit then that is it. I have been warned that there is a sh*t load of paperwork to sign at the end tho - absolute joy!!
Just waiting for my assignment and exam marks to come through and then painfully wait for my final grade!

Cadbury's fingers are the biscuit version of Pringles aren't they? You can't just have one, it's got to be the whole box ;) So I sulked instead and increased my bad mood lol.

Thanks for the heads-up on the new stuff in the magazine. I'm still trying to make myself like mushrooms - I cut them into teeny pieces and fry them into shriveled little things LOL. Usually covered in garlic, so think the canneloni may be a bit of a stretch. But 3.5syns is damn good for that sort of meal!! I love the M&S Count on Us roasted veg lasagne as it's around 3.5/4syns!

Those stir fry sauces sound interesting!
I'm yet to try chocolate fake milk. I just know I'd never get thru a whole carton before it went off and it'd go to waste. Would be good if they did some single serving cartons! Imagine how nice it would be in hot chocolate as well?! ;)

Anyway, off to work soon. Last late shift of the week!! Got my fruit and yogurt in the fridge, just need to remember to take it ;) Another EE day today using up the rest of the tuna. Was so nice!
Driving myself insane refreshing my emails and the grades board for marks lol. My tutor has told me she's a little behind with marking at the moment, but you can't help being impatient.

Cross everything that work isn't absolutely insane after 2 relatively good evenings..... xx

Friday food - another EE day.

Lunch:
Tuna with onion, sweet peppers, sweetcorn, and extra light mayo (1)
Sweet potato jacket
Cheese (half HexA)
Romain and spinach
cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and beetroot

Evening break at work:
Pineapple, mango, cherries, and an Activia

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried burgers (5)
Low fat Supernoodles
Roasted onion and sweet peppers
Spinach and sweetcorn
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Wholemeal bread (HexB)
Extra light mayo, bbq sauce, and mustard (1)

Snack:
Nakd cocoa crunch (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Ginger Ale. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 12
Syns saved: 32

Last edited:
Well done on submitting your last bit of coursework :D Not long now.

They do do single serve chocolate soy milk at holland & barrett, I think they come in packs of 3. I buy the koko chocolate milk quite a lot and make rice pudding with it :D
There was an interesting article in the new mag about gall stones, wish I'd read it last year lol.
The quorn ready meals are really low syned, the chilled cottage pie 2.5, chilli 1, chilli and wedges 2, chilled curry & rice 2, piri piri with rice 3.5, spag bol 1.5 and frozen tikka masala and rice 2.

Hope your last shift is a good one and YEAH for the weekend :D x x x

Hey all! *WARNING EXPLICIT FOOD AHEAD*

Not dead :) Although today I feel like someone spent the night kicking me in the ribs and trying to turn my feet round the wrong way - so that's pleasant!
But yesterday was good!
Me and Mum went in to town - via many, many diversions :rolleyes: and met Caz & Michelle at Moose Coffee for brunch. OMG! I had the veggie breakfast burrito and incredible it was. Michelle got a giant hot dog with pulled pork and all the trimmings, Mum got pancakes stuffed with sausage and bacon with eggs and stuff on top, and Caz got a gorgeous looking eggs Benedict type thing on a bagel with pine nuts on top and a side of crispy bacon. God damn LOVE this place!! I have made it a mission to get through all the veggie options on the menu. I desperately, desperately want to try the chocolate peanut butter granola pancakes *mega drool* Anyway, moving away from moose...
We had a wander round the shops and I managed to get a nice little filing box/folder for all my grown up paper work crap that currently sits in a plastic wallet in a gift bag LOL! Half price in Smiths and it's purple, so can't argue with that can I? I also desperately need new bra's and it looks like Debenhams put their Blue Cross sale on just for me ;) I got two beautiful designer bras that fit perfectly, that should have been £22.50 each for less than £12 :D Might go back next week. The online undies sale isn't as good as in store.

Now this is a bit of a NSV thing as I never in a million years thought this would happen. Me and Caz picked up the same Mantaray dress! I tried on the 14 and it was too big, but couldn't be arsed going to get the next size, and Caz bought hers! Just thought it was cool and a bit of a reminder at how far I've come really.

We had a look round upstairs and I tried on a few Phase Eight tops and a dress. All the same size, some too big and some too small.... *sigh*

We also went to Lush and I got some of my face care stuff I'd run out of and also a sample of one of their new suncare products. Exciting!!! I am a proper vampire and a bit of a suncare Nazi, so trying new suncare stuff that's bunny friendly is quite exciting - to me ;) Finally got my friends engagement gift from Hotel Chocolat. Me and my other friend have gone halfsies and bough them this to share Chocolate Goody Bag of the Season from Hotel Chocolat

We met Tim after work for coffee and then all went home. I nipped to Aldi for pizza, pasta & potato salads, and a cake for Mum. honestly, this weekend's food has been awful ;)

I did a BIG online order with Debenhams last night and found loads of stuff in the sale. Have ordered all size 14's so of course not all will fit. i'm allowing myself to keep up to half of what I've ordered. I haven't bought any new clothes since buying outdoors stuff for Sweden! So I'm in desperate need of new stuff. Don't mind buying tops that might get a bit baggy as I, hopefully, lose a bit of weight, but will put off buying jeans till I'm at a weight I'm happier with.

Today has been rubbish. Was supposed to go to the Dogs Trust open day, but I was just so painful. All's I've done is drop my Mum off at the bus stop, sorted the bunnies, had a shower, and now I'm gonna have tea and watch one of the scary fillums that have just been added to Netflix seen as I'm home alone :)

Back to Slimming World with a vengeance tomorrow!! Need to lose some weight! 1 month till my friends wedding!!!!!

Barbette is the gall stones article basically saying eat healthily? lol xx

Sounds like you've had a good weekend full of naughty food :D Such a pity you had to pay for it today :(
What scary film are you watching?
And no it was quite informative, telling you about what causes them, what makes them worse and apparently rapid weight loss and IBS can make them worse x x x

Great that you got to treat yourself to some new clothes :) that moose place sounds sooo yummy :eek: as does the m&s veg lasagne :O so low syn... Will look out for that!

My grandma bought me some sachets of 20cal slim noodle/pasta thingies- she said they're quite nice if made right and v filling! Might attempt a 5:2 with them soon, might help hunger pangs a lot! Have you been doing some fast days still or not so much? (typo'd 'fat days' hahaha)
X

Back