Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie SYN FREE

Made this to have over the weekend at work, very nice! Used half a cube of Kallo veg stock but with less water. Perfect!!!

Made this again last night - IT was so lovely on a cold night that I ended up eating it all. Ooops!!!

Can I ask a really dumb question?...:rolleyes:

Is the consistency a bit like a quiche?:eek:

Mine isn't - when it's mixed in with the mash and the other ingredients the egg adds a rich flavour rather than a 'set.'

Ooo goody thank you!

Think I overdid the whole SW Quiche a while back and have been off it ever since, too much of a good thing you know...
So I was a bit dubious on whether to try this as didn't want to do it then it go to waste! But now I know i'll deffo be making this through the weeks while OH is away with work :D yum yum yum!!!

Thank you :thankyou:

Ooo goody thank you!

Think I overdid the whole SW Quiche a while back and have been off it ever since, too much of a good thing you know...
So I was a bit dubious on whether to try this as didn't want to do it then it go to waste! But now I know i'll deffo be making this through the weeks while OH is away with work :D yum yum yum!!!

Thank you :thankyou:

You're welcome. Make it - I bet you won't regret it. Real comfort food, especially now it's cold outside!

there's something similar in the new mag same ingredients but they've used cottage cheese in it. Going to try it this week so will let you know how it turns out

Had this for tea tonight - it was yummy!

I'm made up with cold at the moment so this sounds like just the thing to make me feel better. Thanks x

How would I add the cottage cheese in? Just mix it in when adding half the cheddar, mash, stock etc?

I think i'll add a bit of spinach and more garlic for a more personal pie :D

Hi SW Ladies,

I tried this receipe out last night and it was so good I could have eaten for my breakkie too :eek:)

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

This receipe serves 2 - I found it in an old sw mag.

i was going to make sw chips, eggs and mushy peas for te but think il be doing this instead it sounds beautiful!! thanks for sharing :)

This looks delicious! Will be trying it over the weekend.

I do this with left over veg from Sunday lunch, mash the veg with mashed potato put in an oven proof dish, spray with fry light to crisp the top and bake for a while untill brown. I serve it with a couple of eggs fried in fry light and baked beans.....never thought of adding cottage cheese!! Might try it though!

Back