Cheese & Onion Comfort Pie SYN FREE

I plan my weekly menu a week in advance for the shopping. So this is def either Fri or Sat night tea :) sounds lush. Will cost pennies as well thanks to Aldi

TY x

I made this for brunch for me and the OH today and it was gorgeous! Will definitely be a regular from now on. Here's a pic.

ForumRunner_20111015_155038.jpg

Making this tonight :)

Hi SW Ladies,

I tried this receipe out last night and it was so good I could have eaten for my breakkie too :eek:)

14oz Potatoes
4oz Onion
4oz Leek
handful of peas
1 garlic clove
sprinkle of tyhme
2 eggs beaten
85ml vegetable stock
84g reduced fat chedder

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with frylight and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, eggs, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200 oc.

This receipe serves 2 - I found it in an old sw mag.

this sounds delish x

I made mine but it was really dry followed the recipe as well!

I made this yesterday - it was beautiful - served it with some baked beans - Going to make it again this week I think - so cheap too

susienoz said:
I made this yesterday - it was beautiful - served it with some baked beans - Going to make it again this week I think - so cheap too

I have made it using aunt bessie's carrot and swede mash instead of potato and it was very yummy!

Sounds scrummy! I have a recipe for free quorn 'chicken' and bean pie I will be posting when I can find the book hehe. Will be making this over the weekend, nomnom

Here's my version........

Pete’s Leek & Potato Pie-2
Serves 2
Ingredients
1Lb Potatoes
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Medium Leek, finely chopped
handful of peas
1tp “very easy” garlic
sprinkle of thyme
1tsp mustard powder
100ml vegetable stock
84g low fat cheddar (2xHea)
Method

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with Fry Light and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, mustard, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200c.

LeekPotatoPieSmall.jpg

LeekPotatoPie-2Small.jpg

Had this for Tea, yummy! Perfect comfort food :D for winter.

yum i might do this later

bilsat said:
Here's my version........

Pete’s Leek & Potato Pie-2
Serves 2
Ingredients
1Lb Potatoes
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Medium Leek, finely chopped
handful of peas
1tp “very easy” garlic
sprinkle of thyme
1tsp mustard powder
100ml vegetable stock
84g low fat cheddar (2xHea)
Method

Boil potatoes and mash up, set aside and spray large frying pan with Fry Light and fry onions, leeks & peas for 6-8 mins.

Add the mash, garlic, thyme, mustard, stock and half the cheese, mix altogether and put in ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 mins on 200c.

I'm just off to make this for my tea sound yummy thank you :)

Back