Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

I made these for the first time a couple of weeks ago - lovely when warm.

My view of the "tweak" (using potato powder as flour) is that if I eat these as part of a meal, not as "free" snacks then I'm Ok with that. Your mileage may vary :)

Anyway - I had two left over that I wasn't going to eat in the few days after I made them so I froze them. Had them tonight with chilli and salad. They were fine after about 1 minute 30 / 1 minute 45 in the microwave.

Shall be making them again :eat:

Thats exactly what I think - eaten as part of a meal - no tweak as you would eat potato anyway? Only thing is (cant remember recipe now and cant check while typing this) do they use less water than making smash up normally? As that would mean its more of a tweak

My problem is they're so nice I could easily overeat - havent made them for ages but always used to freeze IMMEDIATELY and defrost a couple at a time for soup

I'd forgotten all about them - but now winters coming - broth time!!

Thats exactly what I think - eaten as part of a meal - no tweak as you would eat potato anyway? Only thing is (cant remember recipe now and cant check while typing this) do they use less water than making smash up normally? As that would mean its more of a tweak My problem is they're so nice I could easily overeat - havent made them for ages but always used to freeze IMMEDIATELY and defrost a couple at a time for soup I'd forgotten all about them - but now winters coming - broth time!!

I don't use any water at all - just blitz the cottage cheese and beat in the eggs. I add chopped spring onions and some mustard powder.

I remember now - thats why they call it a tweak then as its literally being used as a flour substitute

Still lush though and if eaten sensibly shouldnt be a problem

Back