Cheese?

wowser

Ello , me again. I'm sorry but I need to ask a lot a questions. Hopefully as I progress I can give some of my experiences back to the forum x

Cheese? In my book it says cheese under 'free' foods, but is there a limit on the amount of cheese I should be eating?
Thanks.

Also , milk . Am I not allowed milk? But I can have cream ?
I don't know why but my book didnt seem awfully clear about many things, perhaps I should've read it twice!

I know you you mean Wowser I asked LOADS of questions at the beginning. You can have up to 4oz of allowed cheeses per day. That seems tons of cheese to me - as ive been on a low fat diet for so long. As for milk, definately not. Too carby, I use unsweetened Alpro soya milk as it is 0.1g carbs per 100ml

xx

Thanks , and do I include that cheese allowance in my carbs for the day? Or are my carbs just my veggies and stuff ?
X

Yes, include all carbs in your total for the day, including the minimal carbs in eggs, cheese etc.

also dont forget carbs in processed meats - like ham etc xxx

Is soya milk nice, would love to use it and have cup tea, really missing my cuppa

Thanks, what about eggs? Do I track the carbs in those too?

Soya milk, I'd say it's ok, palatable , better than no milk at all :) you get used to it.

Oops moonlights, totally missed your post.
Ok but I suppose I get a lot of eggs for the amount of carbs ?

Starting to get my head around it all now, thanks all.

I absolutely love soya milk, it is so creamy and lovely. I prefer it to cows milk now - go for the unsweetened for tea and coffee. Infact I don't like the sweetened stuff at all .. I can drink the Alpro unsweetened straight from the carton. Nom!

Water your cream down and use as 'milk' if you need to. But be warned! Cheese and cream can stall! I was sts for 2 weeks, stopped all cream and cheese and whoosh, -5 so just take note ;)

Good luck xx

I'm new to Atkins, but am quite experienced with food diaries.

What suprised, and perhaps confused me the lost on the Atkins method was this "net carbs" concept. I think this originates because in the USA they show fibre as part of the total carb content (which it's not of course), making for a very confusing situation.

I found that both of my usual tracking apps: LiveStrong and ShapeUp are just not quitable for tracking an Atkins diet. So I found another: Low Carb Diet Assistant, that seems to do the trick.

i use double cream in my morning decaf coffee, it does curdle slightly but its yummy! i do limit the cream to about 2-3 teaspoons a day though. same as sour cream.

I also eat cheese, i have no idea how much as i dont have any scales but the lumps i do have are usually smaller than a size of baby bells. I usually have at least 1 or 2 babybells a day.
My weight loss after a week and a half is 7lb so not too bad.

Back