cheese??

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
I was hoping a dukan guru could check the nutrition content of some cheese and see if they think it's ok to have on cruise. Personally, when I look at the numbers it doesn't even seem like it would be a tolerated food, but more an allowed food but maybe that's just wishful thinking. :)
It's a natural firm cheese made from quark (it's quite stinky too).
100g contains:
calories: 127
protein: 29g
fat: 0.6g
carbs: 1g

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

It's a Czech cheese, they tend to serve it with beer as a snack or even breaded and fried. In the UK you can order it here:

Olom. tvarô

Beware that it is quite stinky but it tastes very rich and creamy. Melts nicely too :) It's been right under my nose all this time but having never had it before I had absolutely no idea it was so low in fat and carbs, found that out by accident whilst shopping at Makro the other day!

Yep that looks allowed to me and I am defo going to give it a try. And cheesegirl how stinky, i bought some cheese before which made me nearly faint!

Yep that looks allowed to me and I am defo going to give it a try. And cheesegirl how stinky, i bought some cheese before which made me nearly faint!

Well, I don't think it's stinky enough to make you faint :) But the kitchen did smell for several minutes after I opened the package, and then I put the rest of it in a regular plastic bag in the fridge and the fridge doesn't smell of it at all (I was kinda worried about that). I'll defo be trying it in a recipe tomorrow, maybe in some lasagne??

I 'need' that cheese in my life,,,,am defo gonna look for it in our makro! Am at costco tom will try there but they prob wont have it,, thankyou for mentioning it,,mmmmmm the possibilities!

Makro and Costco? I'm obviously living in the back of beyond as I haven't even heard of them!

Massive Cash and Carry Supermarkets hun, sell all sorts.

I have a makro near us but no way to get in or use a card. shame cos when i worked I loved gonig there.

Thanks for link thou, will have to check it out.

OH MY DAYS I think i just fell in love with you !!! I NEED me some of that cheese and for me the stinkier the better, oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!

Can you please tell me how long it keeps for and do you think it would be suitable for freezing?

Back