Cheesecake attempt

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Well, I decided I'd have another go at low carb cheesecake. I made a no-bake one last time with davinci syrup, cream, cheese and an almond base and I thought it was awful! :cry:

Not sure if it was just because im used to sugar in my cheesecake or what, but i felt like the syrup made the cream a bit lumpy - it certainly had a strange texture to it anyway, and I hated the almond base.

So, this time, I'm attempting a baked cheesecake. I've made it in 3 rammekins and its in the oven cooling for an hour as we speak.

Will update tomorrow night and let you know if it was any good!

I'm excited because I love cheesecake, but trying not to get my hopes up incase its awful again! lol! *fingers crossed*

Oh dear. I made my first one on Sunday. I just put double cream, some splenda & cream cheese in a mixer. Added the jest & juice of one lemon ( I like it lemony). For the base I ground the almonds & added some melted butter. It was lush. I had one portion & Steve eat the rest!!! Piggy.
Good luck with the baked one.

PS That was my first cheesecake ever :D

mmmmmi LURVE cheescake!

can we please have piccies of the lush puds!

I am going to attempt an atkins tiramisu as I have become addicted to mascapone cheese and it has a recipe on the lid I will just have to play with for a bit :D

It didn't last long enough to take a photo. Steve was too fast!

lol! Mine are now cooked and cooled and been in the fridge for an hour now... will try one tomorrow after work and see what i think. never made a baked cheesecake before so im hoping its ok!

I use 2 eggs, 2 tsp cocoa, 1/3 cup davinci vanilla, 120ml cream and 170g phili (i think?!). Oh, and some coffee - going for that mocca feeling

I made 6 mini cheesecakes. 3 low carb for me and 3 sugar filled ones for the bloke! Mine do look better, but im sure his taste lovely!

Pic's please of all the yummy goodies!

I think I put too much coffee in mine - look quite dark. Only the taste test can tell tho!

Will take a photo later when I get home from work if i remember!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll? ;)

oh cheesecake is my fav too :) its amazing - keep trying im sure there is a way to get a tasty low carb version to suit everyones taste!

i dont liked the baked variety but adore the non bake one...i usually make with cream cheese (philly) double cream, sugar and fresh lemon juice and biscuit base. surely take out the biscuit and sugar pop in some splenda and this could at least b a baseless cheesecake treat :) yay guna try soon and mayb on top of a SF jelly (or am i going too far!?)

oh cheesecake is my fav too :) its amazing - keep trying im sure there is a way to get a tasty low carb version to suit everyones taste!

i dont liked the baked variety but adore the non bake one...i usually make with cream cheese (philly) double cream, sugar and fresh lemon juice and biscuit base. surely take out the biscuit and sugar pop in some splenda and this could at least b a baseless cheesecake treat :) yay guna try soon and mayb on top of a SF jelly (or am i going too far!?)

kinda sounds like a trifle! :D maybe would work with a lemon/lime sf jelly, I know alot of the girls were saying almond base which sounds lush, just wondering if I can have these during induction have to refer to the book me thinks :)

Yep that's right. Ground some almonds & mix with melted butter to make the base. I made one today, but didn't have many almonds so I just ground them & sprinkled them over the top. Lush :D

Hi Bren

Was browsing through the Linda recipes and found this for tiramisu.

Susie x

8 ounces mascarpone cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat the cream and 1 tablespoon Splenda until stiff. In a separate medium bowl, beat the mascarpone, cream cheese, yolk, 1 1/2 tablespoons Splenda, and vanilla until fluffy. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.

hi followed Cintas (thankyou) recipe worked out quantities from cheese cake I made pre dieting days..

200g of philedelphia
120ml of double cream
2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice and a little zest
3 table spoons of splenda
3/4 packet of almonds (asda)
25g of unsalted lurpak butter

set my oven at 200c, blitzed almonds in food processer and warmed the butter through in microwave, mixed them together and pressed the mixture in a cake tin the ones you push the bottom up placed in the oven for 10 mins

while the base was cooling in the fridge I started to whip the cream with a electric whisk set to one side, in another bowl I put philly (cream cheese), lemon juice/zest and the splenda and slowly whipped that, I then folded in with a spoon the whipped cream with the cream cheese.

When the almond base was cold enough I dolloped it in blobs all the way round and smeared it around using a spatula left it in the fridge for 30 mins.

Sorry Im not so good at explaining stuff never wrote a recipe before anyways I took a picture hopefully it will show :D

DSC00198.jpg

Back