Cheesy Potatoes....sooo good! (with pic!)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I made these for dinner tonight and I can't describe how yummy they were! I was having a red meal so I weighed out and counted as I would for a red day. On green day just use bacon as HEX B instead of potatoes. This is a new firm fave and def worth 2.5 syns!

Mine served 2 (VERY generously) and was 2.5 syns per serving

new potatoes, thickly sliced - parboil for 10 mins

leeks, mushrooms and bacon - chopped and sauteed in Frylight

Put potatoes in bottom of casserole dish. Layer the leek mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Make up a sachet of Morrison's instant cheese sauce (5 syns). Add a dash or two of worcester sauce and 1/2 tsp of wholegrain mustard. Pour over and bake for 10 mins. Sprinkle over 42g reduced fat cheddar mixed with 28g parmesan. Sprinkle chives over. Bake for a further 10 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 254
Oh my holy God that is definetely RIGHT up my street....
We dont have a Morrisons here, can you recommend another cheese sauce that I could use.?
Yummy yummy I am def gonna make this VERY soon.

I could probably live on that!

That looks divine. my daughter just saw it and said yum, she wants to know what you had with it as she thought that looked lovely too!

Im off to buy a note book this morning to write all these yummy recipes into! ..
what did you have with it ?

Oh my holy God that is definetely RIGHT up my street....
We dont have a Morrisons here, can you recommend another cheese sauce that I could use.?
Yummy yummy I am def gonna make this VERY soon.

You can use Schwartz cheese sauce which is 7 syns per sachet. I just chose Morrison's one because it's the lowest syns! I think the Colman's one comes in at 8 or 8.5. But this recipe can easily be scaled to serve 4 and there will still be ample sauce.

That looks divine. my daughter just saw it and said yum, she wants to know what you had with it as she thought that looked lovely too!

Im off to buy a note book this morning to write all these yummy recipes into! ..
what did you have with it ?

I had Joe's peppered pork steaks (www.joessausages.co.uk) and green beans. The pork steaks are soooo good!

Mmm that looks lovely, going to make this Sunday with my quorn lamb style grills and veg!

Mmmm... I love the M&S potato grattin :drool: and this looks like an ideal substitute for it.

Thanks for posting!

OK I'm officially confused (which doesn't take much really).

I was thinking the 42g of reduced fat cheddar was 1HEA and the 28g of Parmesan that you mix with it was 1HEB (on EE), therefore using 2 HE's plus the sauce mix (5 syns).

Have I got that completely wrong?

J x

Back