Chef on a diet!

sushi

Hello All.

First post here but hella of a reading in past couple of weeks.

Currently I'm running a kitchen in a little cafe/restaurant which is testing my will but since it can be quite busy at lunchtimes I just stay focused and remember to pass over tasting spoon to my chef de partie instead of tasting it myself.

Over past 4 years was gaining weight and loosing it in the most ridiculously short period of time but at some point I did get stuck on gaining.

90% of that fat excess went into my upper body keeping my legs quite toned (semi pro track cycling during my teenage years). Never paid any attention to this but recently I kept running out of breath and beginning of 2012 just felt right for a change soooo......

I'm on my 3rd day of Exante TS and surprisingly had my ketosis kicking in today lunchtime. Massive amounts of energy released and strong metallic taste constantly to the point that I can't even enjoy my cigarette any more.

Work was a nightmare for first two days since I start a day with baking pastries, muffins, fresh bread then breakfast service and all the way trough the lunch with occasional traditional afternoon tea (them tiffins just looking at me....) but today it went amazing and the only thing I was interested in was work.

Also decided not to weigh myself too often. I guess every other week feels just right since i dont want to get obsessed with the scale - just want to feel better ;)

any lads on exante?

I have to tell you that you are a stronger person than me! Whilst I am a serial sniffer lol I think the smell of fresh baked bread would be my undoing lol well done for getting through the first few days they are the hardest xx

You are stronger than me. I couldn't do Exante TS and do your job.

Stick with it! :)

Like I said I'm a serial sniffer lol hubby says him and the kids have eaten better than they have in years since my restart because I've made them food every day lol

Nope full of salt and yucky things and if you do while your on exante your eyes will explode and your hair will fall out! (ok so the last bits not true but it's what my friend tells me when I have a wobble lol :p )

Hello and welcome from me :)

Nope full of salt and yucky things and if you do while your on exante your eyes will explode and your hair will fall out! (ok so the last bits not true but it's what my friend tells me when I have a wobble lol :p )

Ha ha that's so funny! You do make me smile :)

Blondiejules said:
Ha ha that's so funny! You do make me smile :)

Glad I can help :D

Day 4 and im good. Not craving anything but forgot myself today during busy lunch and tasted sauce for arancini that ive made. I dont think it will do any harm simce it wasn't even a proper spoon. Thing is im not that interested in eating myself while cooking for others.

Smelling food gives me weird pleasure tho.

Ha so you are in fact a fellow sniffer :D I do it! I cook for hubby n kids every day and just smelling us enough :)

shellreed2011 said:
Ha so you are in fact a fellow sniffer :D I do it! I cook for hubby n kids every day and just smelling us enough :)

Is enough I meant lol

Hey - best of luck with exante! You've definitely got a lot of will power!
I make and sell celebration cakes and cupcakes when I am not at my FT job, I try all my cake batters and butter creams - but I rinse my mouth after :)

Good luck with your weight loss :)

I am a serial sniffer too! My little brother has been very well fed the last few weeks as I've been cooking for him so I can smell the food.
The weird thing is that sniffing it makes me feel full up, like Ive eaten the stuff myself when I haven't, very strange!

Hhmmmm how very interesting! Though dont think I trust myself enough to go n buy the fish n chips I'm craving n just sniff it :) I'm not strong enough for all that

Guys thanks for the thumbs up btw.

I think I'm doing quite well since for me food is work. I don't really look at it as form of break or relax. i dunno. It's all in the head

Day 6 Update:

Friday night was weird. Usually I used to go down to Ottolenghi for a snack and drinks at 69 Colebrooke Row with some mates but first time in months had to pass. Tough.

Today I feel quite down since saturday morning used to me my little brekkie with a friend. Ususualy I make Eggs Benedict/Royale and just chill out with a paper. I think being kicked out of those little routines gives me a little of depression.
Decided to go and buy myself a scale today to give me a little confidence boost.

Another annoying thing is that I'm preparing myself for a Young British Foodie Awards in 3 different categories and weekends used to be my experimental time in the kitchen but since i cant taste and experience my own recipes I'm stressing a little.

On the good note, first week on the diet and reading a lot about nutrition is changing my ideas about my chef work. I did get a new wave of creativity involving not only tasty food but as healthy as it's possible. It did get me to the point I've started working on my second cook book in which I'm gonna try to find a perfect balance between modern cooking, comfort food and healthy eating.

day 10.

terribly constipated today for some reason but had a sneak peak at the scale and I'm down to 227lb ! :D

20 lb in 10 days.

Hell yeah!

Back