Chelle Vs the Blub!! to be continued..!

Hey Chelle,

Yes think must've been something in the air, cos I think a lot of people struggling.

Sorry to hear about your health probs, but glad that you are starting to feel better. It's so annoying when uneducated people always blame the diet without even havng any facts.

Anyway am totally behind you, just take it one day at a time and do what you can, no pressure. You know what you want and you'll soon be back in your other clothes soon -especially with the gym and the renewed enthusiasm.

My prob was that I'd started to dislike this diet intensely!! I'm kind of working through it gradually as the days of SS get strung together. It's hard though and I'm taking it day by day, so I do not get ahead of myself - I usually end up planning weeks in advance and setting myself up for a fall.

Anyway chick, 14.8 is nothing, you'll soon get that off again, I got up to the 15's again and I hoped that I'd never ever see them again!!

Speak soon xxx

Hiya, yeh alot of us had a break. I think sometimes it gets to the point where u're only causing more damage by trying to diet/thinking about dieting that u just have to be away from it (if thats possible!).
Yeh, I got to the point where I hated the diet and everything is stood for, where the reality was that I hated myself for having no control and having to go to such extremes. It's better sweet - I hate the diet but its the only way I can see myself of ever being slim!!!
Well done on ur 16lb loss hun, thats a great start!!!
Hugs, xx

Man, you have been through the mill!!! :hug99: I don't blame you for not telling anyone - sometimes the outside pressure is worse than what we do to ourselves. We're with ya babes xx

Hey DQ *hugs*
Totally, they were all mashing my head to bits and it was like I was in a bubble and my opinions didn't matter. Some of my family work on an eating disorder unit (ironically), so are constantly telling me to eat healthy = weight loss. Yeh if it was that simple!!
Hope u're doing good!! Hugs, xx

Well hello stranger!!

god me and you must have had the same thoughts at the same time!! Me too have been struggling and decided to have a break away from the site and dieting. Starting again this Monday have not weighed in yet but think i may be close to 14st again. But hey ho this is a lifelong thing and i am just happy that i know i can do it with CD.

I hope you have a great birthday just enjoy it and look to the future instead of having any regrets. My hub is 38!! same day as you and i am 35 on 26th so look at it this way your ten years younger so have a lot more years to enjoy being slim!! Go for it hon and i'm so glad your back i have missed every one and cant wait to catch up on all the threads.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hiya!! *hugs!*
Great to see u!!
Hope to catch up on all ur news soon!!!
xx

Hiya Chelle!

Good to have you back!

Poor you being ill- but at least you have a reason so people can't keep banging on about it being the diet making you dizzy:rolleyes:
As you'll see from my ticker, I keep being a naughty girl, so I've not lost anything in the time you've been away- wasn't that nice of me to keep some consistency for ya?!:p

I need to whip my fat ass into shape. I wish I had motivation to go to the gym like you!

Don't dwell on the 'what if's- hey, I could have been a flippin size zero by now the length of time I've been messing about with the diet! But, alas, whatever will be, will be and all that. What's a few more weeks? You have the rest of your life to be a skinny foxy minx!!

Sendin positive vibes your way hun!!!

xxxxxx

Hiya hun!!

Hahaha - I wish me going to the gym was purely down to my own motivation lol. Truth is baby bro works in the gym and needs someone to train for his final qualification - so he's dragging me there!!
Tell me about it - could have been 9stone millions of times over by now!! Ho hum, moving on!!
Hugs, xx

Much love, chelle xx

My head is twisted!! Everytime I think of dieting, I get an overwhelming urge to binge. Yesterday I ate healthily, all natures foods (fish, vegetables, fruit) and felt brilliant - didn't even want anything to eat in my "danager zone" in the evening, and I'd even dropped a few pounds this morning! Wahey!! Today have been really good too, all prepared for going to the gym tomorrow. But, in the last few hours a pattern is emerging. I'm not planning to diet, I'm just throwing a few ideas around, the newest one being carry on with this new plan of just eating natures foods, friday have a good birthday without overdoing it and saturday/sunday return to CD790. Now, my head flutters from one idea to the next, but as soon as I think I've decided what to do, I'm complelled to go to the fidge and eat, but not just eat - stuff my face-as-fast-as-I-can (theres nothing bad in there anyway these days haha!). "The feast before the famine" syndrome, really is twisted thinking if ever there was a truer example.
Like I said tho, definately not making any plans. This has resulted in no pressure and not wanting to binge. I have no idea what I'm doing apart from only eating natural foods, but thats prefectly ok for now. One day at a time.

Much love, chelle xx

I've lost 4lbs since Sunday - hurrah!!!
Not on CD and not 'dieting' as such, just continuing to eat fruits, vegetables and wholefoods - all homemade stuff, rather than in packs and jars. Really really pleased.
Went to the gym yesterday and did 40mins, didn't do a full workout as felt a bit paranoid since was on my own as my bro was too busy to do a personal trainer session. I think I really need him as he really motivates me and makes the session more enjoyable. Don't kno what I'll do when he leaves the gym (he's gonna leave to do an apprentiship with british gas soon).

No made my mind up yet about whether or not to do CD. I still want to be a CDC, but would u find a CDC motivational when they've struggled so much themselves?
Anyway, got a job interview on Friday - boo hoo.... couldn't they have picked any other day?!! Oh well,not really bothered either way so we'll see what happens.

Much love, chelle xx

Hi Hon,,

We all go through the same struggles, all i can say is i would rather have a CDC who has had the same struggles than one who has not!! Go for it hon. Sending you some hugs.

xx

Since January, I've tried to ss - for what feels like millions of times. Always managing to nearly do a week and then the "u can lose this with healthy eating" demon comes in and destroys it all. I've found myself in a 'think about dieting + have a full on binge = don't really diet but gain weight' cycle for the last few months, where my weight has yo-yo'd from 13st 13 to 14st 10lbs.
I had no clothes that fitted me properly, and I was trying to squeeze myself into smaller clothes just because I liked the number on the label (sad eh?!), ironically looking bigger because the clothes were too small.
So last week, I bit the bullet and went shopping. I bought lovely pair of jeans in a size 14, got them home and *shock horror* they didn't fit. I'm not sure I actually thought they would as at 13st 4lbs I was a size 14 so can't possibly be now. So anyway, rather than add them to the "fit into when I lose weight" clothes pile that increases everytime I go shopping, I took them back and got a size 18. I felt like everyone was watching and laughing at me, when in reality no-one really gave a rats arse.
So anyway, I bough a few tops in my new larger size and off I went. So, we went round to my dads wearing my new attire and he said "wow, look at u, u've lost weight" - err no, I've PUT weight on. So it just goes to show that if u wear clothes that fit, u instantly look slimmer, whereas clothes that are too tight draw attention to ur bulges. Of course, I knew this, but actually getting myself to pick up and buy the size 18 was pretty difficult.

As for the dieting, well I'm not dieting ever again. Over 14 years of dieting and I just seem to get bigger and bigger - WTF is that all about??? I seem to binge and purge and up until recently it was really getting out of control and getting me down.

So what now? That chapter is still unwritten....

Much love, chelle xx

oh my god chelle your post has hit home sooo much for me... i'm off to buy bigger clothes today cos the other ones just don't fit... have to do it and ur post has made me feel better about it...

thanks chick and hope you are happy whatever you are doing

much love

Since January, I've tried to ss - for what feels like millions of times. Always managing to nearly do a week and then the "u can lose this with healthy eating" demon comes in and destroys it all. I've found myself in a 'think about dieting + have a full on binge = don't really diet but gain weight' cycle for the last few months, where my weight has yo-yo'd from 13st 13 to 14st 10lbs.
I had no clothes that fitted me properly, and I was trying to squeeze myself into smaller clothes just because I liked the number on the label (sad eh?!), ironically looking bigger because the clothes were too small.
So last week, I bit the bullet and went shopping. I bought lovely pair of jeans in a size 14, got them home and *shock horror* they didn't fit. I'm not sure I actually thought they would as at 13st 4lbs I was a size 14 so can't possibly be now. So anyway, rather than add them to the "fit into when I lose weight" clothes pile that increases everytime I go shopping, I took them back and got a size 18. I felt like everyone was watching and laughing at me, when in reality no-one really gave a rats arse.
So anyway, I bough a few tops in my new larger size and off I went. So, we went round to my dads wearing my new attire and he said "wow, look at u, u've lost weight" - err no, I've PUT weight on. So it just goes to show that if u wear clothes that fit, u instantly look slimmer, whereas clothes that are too tight draw attention to ur bulges. Of course, I knew this, but actually getting myself to pick up and buy the size 18 was pretty difficult.

As for the dieting, well I'm not dieting ever again. Over 14 years of dieting and I just seem to get bigger and bigger - WTF is that all about??? I seem to binge and purge and up until recently it was really getting out of control and getting me down.

So what now? That chapter is still unwritten....

Much love, chelle xx

Hiya Chelle,

Well you sound a bit brighter now that you've made a positive decision:) SSing isn't for everyone, so there's no point setting yourself up for failure, as that will only make you feel worse.

You are absolutely right about the clothes. I have faced the fact that I am a size 18 now too, and bought some new clothes that actually fit. Not spilling over the top of jeans does make a huge difference hey?!!

You said you don't want to diet again. Have you read paul mckenna's 'I can make you thin' or sophie and audrey boss' 'beyond chocolate'?? Lots of people on here really recommend them as they aren't diet books but they do help you lose weight. I have bought them myself, I just need to get around to reading them!!

I'm not on SS at the moment either. I just can't do it at the moment with my final deadlines and exams at uni at the moment. I am trying to just eat healthily (*trying*). The whole dieting cycle is wearing me out, and I am heavier now than I have been in years, which is really upsetting me. I have lost my confidence too... if you know how to get it back please let me know!!! lol

Good luck with your next chapter hun, and keep posting- this is a weight loss forum, not just for SSers!!

Take care xxx

Hey Chelle

Well done on making the decision to buy clothes that fit.. i noticed this before my diet.. I used to try to wear the smallest clothes I could get away with purely because the size made me feel better even though I couldn't breathe! Of course no-one would have known what the size of the item I was wearing was anyway!

It could be now that you have made the decision not to diet anymore that you just lose weight anyway! If the pressure is off, then the binge/diet thing will be unnecessary and you may find yourself just eating healthily unconsciously... years ago I did lose over a stone without actually trying. Most important thing is to be happy and you sound much happier now you have made a decision

kx

Back