Chelsea Lou - The Ventura adventure, not a sinking ship!

Bess and KC, thank you.

I was reading through my first few entries in 2009 and got a reply from you Bess. You had not long started too and reported an 11 or 12lbs loss for your first week and were absolutely staggered. It was good to read back. Page 93 or thereabouts on the SS 100% forum :D:D We were all sooooooo excited at having discovered this amazing diet :D Aw, we have all been buddies for over 2 years now........Sweet.

It is, isn't it? I remember that loss, well who wouldn't? But then I had such a lot to lose didn't I? CD is just magic that first time, mind you, looks like you are working that magic still Chels!! Well done you! 6lbs to go? Wow! xx

Just calling in again to say hi... and it's almost bedtime. Typical. Hope it has been a good day Chels and see you tomorrow...

xxx

Course not........just think its funny that a trained dancer couldn't do the steps.......made me feel better about my pathetic attempt at zumba
Totally pathetic of me really! And I still can't get the knack back!

So I'm having a go at "Shredding" next week. I really need to do some exercise and at the moment still want to do it in private as I am sooo unfit. I've bought the dvd and everyone raves about its so I'll give it a go. I think I might be quite pathetic at this too and will start with maybe just one of the 3 beginner sessions! I'll keep you posted on progress.

Off to bed now so see you tomorrow!

So I'm having a go at "Shredding" next week. I really need to do some exercise and at the moment still want to do it in private as I am sooo unfit. I've bought the dvd and everyone raves about its so I'll give it a go. I think I might be quite pathetic at this too and will start with maybe just one of the 3 beginner sessions! I'll keep you posted on progress.

Jess had a go with the tutorials last night and she was all over the place too lol.

A lot of people on minis talk about this Shred thingy. What does it involve exactly?

Well, I'm not loving these 5 day weeks although strangely enough, they seem shorter than the 4 day weeks. I know I am not mental because colleagues have said the same thing :D

How are you all today? Surrey/Berkshire are bathed in sunshine and its Fribury :) so all good.

Nose has almost completely healed, which is marvellous. I don't look like Joe Bugner now (ex boxer for those youngsters that are amongst us and wouldn't know) and I can breathe and smell aromas again.

Weather permitting, I am finally going to be going to the cricket club to help out with their teas tomorrow. Apart from that, I don't have much else planned.....at least that I can remember lol.

Hope everyone has got something nice planned for their weekends.

xxx

Morning Chels, glad you are feeling better hunny, big whoop for the lowest scale weight too! well done you!

Sunny here too lets hope it stays for the weekend!

I shall mostly be making cakes for church fayre tonight and a lovely friend's baby christening on Sunday, should be a good one!

Love your attempt at wii zumba hun, i was pretty much the same in an actual class slightly more embarrassing though when everyone's twirling in the opposite directions to me i have a left/right problem ha ha!

Have a lush day and fabby weekend!
xx

Morning Chels! Great news that your nose is healing and thanks for explaining who Joe is - not sure if it's my age or the fact that I'm a foreigner but I've never heard of him ;)

You'll have a great time helping out with tea - cricket clubs tend to be good at organising social events and our local one is always having parties :). Can't stand the sport though - so boring to watch!!

DH and I are going to a 1940s luncheon on Sunday. I am having a minor panic attack about what to wear - what on earth did women wear in the 40s??? DH is just going to put on a suit with a waist coat, wear a fog watch and a big fat cigar in his mouth and he'll be sorted. I've been too busy with work to think about it and only just realised it's this weekend. Oh well, I suspect I'll find something...

Have a great Friday!!

Oooh Alli, I love 1940s clothes. I have found a website, link below, that may have some good ideas for you. xx

1950s Dresses from Vivien of Holloway

Hmmmmmmmmmm the link has come up saying 1950s but it was definitely 1940s on google.

that's so funny - I've looked at this shop before as I love the 1950s dresses but didn't think to see if they sold 1940s dresses. I might leave work early and pop up to Holloway Road to see whether they have something suitable. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I might not get much wear out of though...

If not, an old Boden tea dress will have to do - it looks a bit like something my Gran used to wear :D

Jess had a go with the tutorials last night and she was all over the place too lol.

A lot of people on minis talk about this Shred thingy. What does it involve exactly?

Torturing yourself basically!

If not, an old Boden tea dress will have to do - it looks a bit like something my Gran used to wear :D

That sounds great! Cinched in waist, a pretty cardigan, a small hat and gloves with a clutch bag. Get yourself to a charity shop girl! Sounds good fun! xx

I have no idea what my weekend will be like, I know what I want - sunshine and peace, but from past experience that's most unlikely! x

Torturing yourself basically!
Lol, I am sure there are better ways of using up some excess......it doesn't sound much like fun to me either Bess.

That sounds great! Cinched in waist, a pretty cardigan, a small hat and gloves with a clutch bag. Get yourself to a charity shop girl! Sounds good fun! xx
All sounds so pretty, very ladylike, very hoity and VERY toity

To quote the dvd it is a 20 minute workout that "combines strength, cardio and abs to blast through the calories for a dramitic 30 day shred". It goes from easy to difficult but yes, I think it is going to be torture! But I've got to do something to start toning bum, tum and bing-wings!

Hmmmmmmmmmm the link has come up saying 1950s but it was definitely 1940s on google.
The clothes shown are definitely 50's - halters, jackets and cardies and very flouncy shirts.
40's was much sleeker - double straps on dresses, straight pleated or pencil skirts, cinched waist suits, and big baggy pants. Have a look at this page - or just key something into google
Versetto Fashion: 1940's Fashion

What am I doing at the weekend? Well I'm meeting up for coffee with another lady who I've met on a Spanish forum. She only lives here part-time but she sounds fascinating. I'll let you know on monday!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Weekend sounds great Bev. Let us know how you get on with your forum friend :D And don't get too sun-drenched, sigh, rain forecast for us this weekend :cry:
xx

Hello Chels... checking in late today, lots going on over here!

Shred: I am avoiding it on the assumption that you end up shredded after even attempting it. No thanks! (Bad attitude, I know, lol!)

1940s lunch - SOOOO jealous! I have a couple of 40s frocks and love the look, though 50s is easier to come by. I wore my hair in a 1940s 'roll' for years. A Boden tea dress is pretty close, I'd say... knee length, often square-ish shoulders and cardis or little boxy jackets. Utility/rationing meant fabric was limited but I love the nostalgia of it all. (And no, I wasn't born till decades later so don't start!!!)

My weekend - setting off at 5 in morning for two work events, then on to friend's house where I'll be based until thursday for my work-away week. Sunday will be spent with pal, then meeting up wit two old school friends in evening... cannot wait!

xxx

I did pop in to vivien of holloway earlier as it wasn't that far from work andv picked up a lovely dress that's late 40s. It is a halterneck dress with a pencil type skirt - the label calls it a sarong. It might be on the web site... its very pretty and one I can see myself wearing again to weddings or other smarter events. I might post up a picture later if I'm brave enough.

Katy - how on earth do you create pincurls? I'm guessing it will be impossible with short-ish hair.

So glad I went though so thanks for the tip Chels! :)

It sounds lovely!!!

No, I never had pincurls... a 'roll' instead. (known as 'victory roll'!) I had a very long fringe and would backcomb it and then roll it back, securing the back with hairgrips. Then spritz it with hairspray. Rest of hair was curled or flicked under. In the end I could get a perfect roll without even looking in mirror! Gave up about 8 years ago after Princess Anne visited a local art centre and DD met her. 'She's got a roll just like you, only it goes right around her head' DD said. Never wore my hair in a roll again!

xxx

Katycakes said:
It sounds lovely!!!

No, I never had pincurls... a 'roll' instead. (known as 'victory roll'!) I had a very long fringe and would backcomb it and then roll it back, securing the back with hairgrips. Then spritz it with hairspray. Rest of hair was curled or flicked under. In the end I could get a perfect roll without even looking in mirror! Gave up about 8 years ago after Princess Anne visited a local art centre and DD met her. 'She's got a roll just like you, only it goes right around her head' DD said. Never wore my hair in a roll again!

xxx

Ooh - maybe I could do something like that with my fringe It's not that long but might work. I suspect I'd look more like Elvis than a 1940s lady though but who knows ...

A hat with a veil? Put on at an angle...tres Chic, and bright red lippy.......don't forget the gloves and clutch bag! xx

Back