Chelsea Lou - The Ventura adventure, not a sinking ship!

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
O.M.G. 12st 4lbs, which is only 9lbs away from my heaviest in 2009, which made me decide to CD in the first place!! Ok, so I had eaten dinner before I got weighed last night, I was also wearing jeans, which aren't exactly light but 172lbs....not good :cry:

We decided, because of the British Military Fitness (I'm hoping I am well enough to start back again on Monday) that I will SS and on my exercise days throw in a bit of chicken or an extra shake.

I'm supposed to be starting next Tuesday but I do have some spare shakes which means I could start tomorrow, so that is what I will do.

There it is ladies....... I've got 4 months to shift 32lbs in time for mine and Jess' birthdays and then to dress shop for the wedding cruise in July. I can do it, I know I will get lots of support/advice/giggles on here.

Wish me luck :D

Last edited:
Wishing you lots of luck CL, you can do it!!
Have a great weekend!
xx

Thanks Jess, we will both rock come our birthdays :eek:)

Thanks Lelly for your support and hope you have a great weekend yourself x

Morning thank you for visiting my dairy!
Am I correct you and jess r mother and daughter ??

How sweet , keep focused and you will see the pounds drop off you very soon x

Good choice to start a diary in this section....the more the merrier.!

You WILL do it CL, you and your lovely daughter will succeed in this...you have all of our support

Hello Chelsea! You can do it, I know you can... you won't just be slim by summer you will be fit as well, which is amazing! Glad you've started the diary and good luck with your start... go for it hunny!

xxx

Lovely to see you have a diary here Chelsea, good on you for getting your head back round to doing it. We are all in the same boat, or sledge/waggon ;-).
Hope you have a lovely day x

Thanks everyone for all your lovely messages of support........Lord knows I am going to need everyone of you over the next weeks but I am looking forward to the challenge. I intend to take the occasional photo to chart my progress and I may be brave enough one day to post them........you have been warned :D

The countdown has begun

Yowsers!!! In approximately 13 hours time I will be CDing my way to a 32lbs weightloss. I have so much to look forward to this year but if I stay looking as I do then it will all be torture. I'll be utterly miserable and full of self-loathing, which is stupid and senseless and I will only have myself to blame.

My youngest 'baby' Jess will be 21 on 29th May and we have a fab celebration at a local retro nightspot planned. My birthday is 3 days after hers and I want to be looking - if not hot - certainly my best. Some time in June there are loads of us planning a huge frock shop in readiness for my middle 'baby' Laura's wedding cruise on board The Ventura in July. We set sail from Southampton on 23rd and her and her fiance marry on 25th. I am to give her away and there is absolutely no chance of me being able to do that and make a speech whilst looking like I do. I just wouldnt have the confidence. I don't want to let her down and I really don't want to let myself down. I really have to knuckle down and just get on with it before its too late.

I felt great the first time I did CD. Every day, it seemed, clothes got looser, people were noticing me, compliments and lots of attention. THAT freaked me out to be honest. The nearer I got to goal the more I panicked and self-sabotaged. I've spent so many years hiding behind my weight. It was easy. I could convince myself that my size was the only reason I was single. It meant not having to face up to myself, not getting into a relationship and possibly getting hurt.

No more. That is so not me really. I have emotionally shut down and I am lonely and sad and want and need to reach out to others and let them in. This is my first step.

I will post in my diary......good and bad, in the hope that it a) helps me b) helps others and c) is vaguely interesting :D

I'm looking forward to having my first taste of the Maple & Pecan porridge for brekky tomorrow morning..sounds yummy and will have to remind myself to glug the water. I never drink water, unless I am on CD and then it has to be either hot or fizzy!!!

Anyway, that's it!! Buckle up for the ride :D:D

Morning thank you for visiting my dairy!
Am I correct you and jess r mother and daughter ??

How sweet , keep focused and you will see the pounds drop off you very soon x

Hi Shanny, yes you are correct, I am Jess' mum. I am blessed with three beautiful daughters..........so lucky!

I see you are also going on a cruise. What ship are you sailing on? Do you have to fly to pick up the ship? We are lucky, just a short drive down the M3 to pick up our ship........can't wait. I've never been on a cruise before. Holiday of a lifetime and I definitely dont want to be a fat heiffer for that!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi Shanny, yes you are correct, I am Jess' mum. I am blessed with three beautiful daughters..........so lucky!

I see you are also going on a cruise. What ship are you sailing on? Do you have to fly to pick up the ship? We are lucky, just a short drive down the M3 to pick up our ship........can't wait. I've never been on a cruise before. Holiday of a lifetime and I definitely dont want to be a fat heiffer for that!!!!!!!!!!:D
Aww how sweet you and jess will look fab for you holiday.
Im leaving from southampton too ship is p&O a new ship been built so i will be first one in the bed and first to use the loo lol lol funny.!

Ive never been on a cruise myself all i know 24 hour food... lol lol
xxx God as soon as i land bac in birmingham i will need to be back on cd.!

where r u off to nice? x

Aww how sweet you and jess will look fab for you holiday.
Im leaving from southampton too ship is p&O a new ship been built so i will be first one in the bed and first to use the loo lol lol funny.!

Ive never been on a cruise myself all i know 24 hour food... lol lol
xxx God as soon as i land bac in birmingham i will need to be back on cd.!

where r u off to nice? x

Lol, I know what you mean about all the food. I was wondering whether to buy a couple of dresses a size larger, to wear near the end of the week. Perhaps some nice skirts with elasticated waists lol lol. I figure that if I stick to mainly protein, salads and veggies I should be fine. It's the carbs that really screw me.........and the alcohol heheheheheheh. Still this will be my one and only cruise so I intend to enjoy it ........and every mouthful:D

you made me giggles LOTS i went into peacocks today and brouht cheap dresses starting at £4.. for my trip do u have a peacocks ??

don't buy too many larger size clothes lol funny

Heheheheh, yes we have a Peacocks in Farnborough, which is just a few miles from me. Daughter would have forty fits if I turned out for her wedding in a £4 number. "And here comes the Mother of the Bride wearing a fetching crimpolene skirt, with elasticated waist and a pregnancy panel in the front to accommodate her growing girth"

I'm not sure what frocks or where to get them from at the moment, we have 3 formal nights plus the wedding, so that is 4 posh frocks.......ranging from a 12 (she says hopefully) to a 16 for the end of the week lol. Might get a couple of cocktail length and a couple of long ones, to cover up the thunder thighs by about...hmmmm Wednesday :D It's so exciting this cruising lark isnt it??

oo lol i ment dresses for the day time really... but wedding outfits have u looked in Monsoon.! they have 75% off now.

4 posh frocks how exciting.. ive never heard of a wedding on a cruise before but boi that sounds wonderful WOW.!

today it finally hit home im going on a cruise lol while shopping hehe x

oo lol i ment dresses for the day time really... but wedding outfits have u looked in Monsoon.! they have 75% off now.

4 posh frocks how exciting.. ive never heard of a wedding on a cruise before but boi that sounds wonderful WOW.!

today it finally hit home im going on a cruise lol while shopping hehe x

Bo££ock$, I just typed you a really long and amusing (even though I say so myself) reply and it disappeared before I could submit it grrrrrrrrrrrr. Am off out now and hopefully I will remember it tomorrow and try again ;o))

Wooop!! Welcome to the CD train ;) hehe

I bet you & Jess are going to look gorgeous for the wedding! Can`t wait to see the photos :D

Hope you`re having a great weekend Xxx

What a brilliant statement of intent Chels - all the best for tomorrow! Also laughing at the size 12-16 dresses required for cruise... lol!

xxx

Day 1 almost over :eek:))

Good evening everyone, I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend!

I'm knackered. My daughter - the one who is getting married this summer - was running up the stairs a week or so ago, tripped and broke her big toe. She had an op to have it pinned last Thursday and she is hobbling about on crutches now and will be for weeks! Consequently she has needed help with looking after her 20 month old twins girls and that has basically been me for the weekend. Not that I mind at all, they are so cute and so funny but its amazing how tiring little ones can be.....especially when you get to my age :cry:

On the CD front.........day 1 has gone well. 3 shakes and a tiny little piece of chicken breast, so pleased with that. Just have to keep reminding myself to drink the water!

Jess has borrowed my scales so I will have no idea what my losses will be until I WI with CDC in 9 days time. Hopefully it will be at least 7lbs off by then.

Right, that's my report for today. I'll be back on here again tomorrow with further progress.

Goodnight all x

Helllooooooooooooooooo
So good to "see you"... I dont know if you remember me from before but I remember you!
Sounds like your doing fab so far.. and have so much to look forward to...
You can do this as you have done it before...............
take care and Im going to try and get on here more again now..
xxxx

Back