Chelsea's charge to Goal!!!! (And beyond)

Hiya everyone,

Sorry I have not been posting on here for a while, I just needed a break from all things Cambridge and diets. It was starting to get quite obsessive - really messing with my head. I think, from having chats with Jess, she is feeling the same way. She could probably verbalise it better than I am though :eek:

I have decided that I will just eat healthily. Be more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. I am not going to be weighing and measuring but just aim to listen to my body. Pay attention to what it is telling me. Up the exercise and just basically try to live a normal and sustainable life and stay at a healthy weight. I am still 10lbs off the original goal weight I set for myself and I hope to just gradually work my way down.

I think CD has been great in terms of the quickness of weight loss but I have been panicking thinking that I couldnt do without it. Once food came back into it I couldn't cope and got scared of food. I thought that I would be spending my whole life on shakes and not being able to eat again. I need to prove to myself that I can make good food choices, cut down on my portion sizes and be in control!!!!! I can't be running back to CD everytime I gain a lb or two.

I will still be hanging around on here and keeping up to speed with all your stories. I just won't be obsessing like I was.

Love to you all xxxx

I

Lorrayne, I know exactly what you mean about this diet, I think it really messes with your head big time and I argue with myself every day whether I should stick at 10 stone 5lb or still aim for my target as I feel I have failed if I dont, but 2 people lately have mentioned to me or a family member that I shouldn't lose anymore weight, but I guess people often say that.... so seem to spend my life fighting my inner self, not stressing to lose the weight now and am trying to be more relaxed, went to the gym to day and burned off 410 calories which once deducted from my 1000 plan doesn't leave too many so have decided to add a snack in mid morning and an apple in the afternoon to up my calories a bit, I seem to be playing with Cambridge now, but just dont seem to quite be able to let go just yet... well done for making that move and good luck with your food choices and maintenance.

Lorrayne, I know exactly what you mean about this diet, I think it really messes with your head big time and I argue with myself every day whether I should stick at 10 stone 5lb or still aim for my target as I feel I have failed if I dont, but 2 people lately have mentioned to me or a family member that I shouldn't lose anymore weight, but I guess people often say that.... so seem to spend my life fighting my inner self, not stressing to lose the weight now and am trying to be more relaxed, went to the gym to day and burned off 410 calories which once deducted from my 1000 plan doesn't leave too many so have decided to add a snack in mid morning and an apple in the afternoon to up my calories a bit, I seem to be playing with Cambridge now, but just dont seem to quite be able to let go just yet... well done for making that move and good luck with your food choices and maintenance.

Sweetie, I had people weeks ago telling me I should stop losing the weight. Funny thing is, I am at the same weight and yet no-one is still saying it, which is bizarre. It is entirely up to how you feel as to whether or not you carry on losing weight. I still aim to get to the goal I set for myself but at a different pace and in a different way now.

Good luck to you - you look brilliant x

Lorrayne glad to see your back. I felt the same (pattern emerging, I think) that I could not do without CD. What if I put on, oh it's ok I will just go back on the shakes to shift it. Then again hang on, I will then have my carb hit and be back to square one.....unless I lose more before having the hit. It started to mess with my head. :confused: I still have days where I think, I know I will order some shakes to get off the 3 lb I put on. Really though whats a few lbs! CD is fantastic for the weight loss but when you get closer to goal it gets harder. I jumped ship too and am completely happy where I am and where Im going like you. I take my hat off to Katie, KD, sarena e.c.t who have worked up the plans properly but it's not for us all. You have done so well and look fantastic. :D Keep posting x

Thanks Triple. I know exactly where you are coming from and, like you, take my hat off to all the others that have gone right through it. It certainly isnt easy.

Right now I am panicking because I am 2lbs heavier than I was when I last went to my CDC. I am panicking because I have got it into my head that I can only lose it via the shakes instead of making good food choices. I obviously dont trust myself one iota - which is not good.

Instead of concentrating on the fact that I have lost 30lbs I am just seeing 'fat' again. The irony is when I first started CD and posting on minis all the weight-loss stories were such an inspiration to me, now they just make me feel that I am a failure!!!

Last edited:
Dont be hard on yourself hun. 2lbs is nothing...just a toilet trip :rolleyes: sorry. Seriously in the big picture you have lost 31lbs thats fantastic, you have done so well, your def not a failure.
I sometimes feel the same reference 'I can only lose it via the shakes' but it just isnt true.
CD teach us that food is banned when we SS and it alters our minds during that time. When we introduce food again we belive we can't lose by eating. How many threads have been posted every week about people being scared they will put the weight back on when they start eating!:confused:
You can lose 2lbs in a week by healthy eating even on the 1000 plan and i'm sure you will, just trust yourself x

Lorrayne, dont be too hard on yourself, our weight fluctuates from week to week, day to day, give it a few more days and see if it goes down again, dont forget to eat healthily and keep an eye on portion sizes.... good luck, I am sure you will be posting soon that your 2lb has disappeared...

Lorrayne, dont be too hard on yourself, our weight fluctuates from week to week, day to day, give it a few more days and see if it goes down again, dont forget to eat healthily and keep an eye on portion sizes.... good luck, I am sure you will be posting soon that your 2lb has disappeared...

:cry:I wouldn't be too sure about that Greeneyes, I've had two slices of cake today and now I am angry about that!!!! I knew this would happen, I was perfectly fine and on track for 11+weeks and then ..........crap! Fell off and just cannot get back on again. Went to the gym (Curves) last night for the first time and really enjoyed it. They are offering a free week this week and then if I like it I can sign up - which I probably will do. I like the fact that you get a full body workout in 30 minutes. I get soooooooo bored with the usual gym. It is my intention to go 3 times a week plus at least one swim a week. This is soooooo hard and very depressing and I am sorry to anyone reading this and thinking......'what's the point?' You WON'T be like me, I am just very good at self-sabotage!!!!

:cry:I wouldn't be too sure about that Greeneyes, I've had two slices of cake today and now I am angry about that!!!! I knew this would happen, I was perfectly fine and on track for 11+weeks and then ..........crap! Fell off and just cannot get back on again. Went to the gym (Curves) last night for the first time and really enjoyed it. They are offering a free week this week and then if I like it I can sign up - which I probably will do. I like the fact that you get a full body workout in 30 minutes. I get soooooooo bored with the usual gym. It is my intention to go 3 times a week plus at least one swim a week. This is soooooo hard and very depressing and I am sorry to anyone reading this and thinking......'what's the point?' You WON'T be like me, I am just very good at self-sabotage!!!!

I still hold the Queen of the Galaxy self-sabotage award for my efforts over the last 6 months but I'll share it if you want.

I have no words of advice but just know you are being thought of. (((Hugs))) xx

I went through these exact same thoughts lorrayne, and started feeling sorry for myself which have me even more reasons to binge. Cheer up, have some faith im yourself. You will get through this and be fine, the more you tell yourself you cant have certain foods, ie cake, the more you will want it! Think positive, you CAN Do this!

Chels, you will do this one way or another... don't be so hard on yourself. You have come a long way and the lessons we are all trying to learn here are tough ones, they take time. I know that since coming off SS my journey felt so slow, one step forward & two back, making every mistake with food possible, but we have to make those mistakes perhaps, to learn from them. You are not gonna fall & we are all rooting for you, but don't ever think that you are the only one who has ever made a mistake or messed up because that is SO not the case!
The thing is to have the courage (or madness) to keep on trying, in spite of the times we derail.
Like Laura, no magic answers, but a big hug. Keep the faith (CD or healthy eating, don't care WHICH faith... but hang on!). You can do this.

xxx

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and I promise to try and relax about it instead of making food such a big issue. I will take a chill pill :eek:.

I probably wont post as often but I will come on here from time to time and check up on you all :D and to let you know how I am doing.

Take care, special people xxxxx

It's only meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello one and all. Chelsea's back :D As you may be aware, I have been lurking for weeks. Spent most of the summer trying to get back onto SS after having a few days off for mine and Jess' birthday celebrations and it has been soooooooo hard :cry:I got down to 10st 9lbs - 9lbs off my initial target. At the moment I am hovering between 10-10 and 10-12 so not too much damage has been done. I probably deserved to gain a stone at least with all the chocolate I've been stuffing down whenever things have got stressful and believe me, they have been stressful and the old, bad coping mechanisms came into play......BIG time. I was convinced after 12 weeks or so of 100% SS that I would never go back to old habits and put junk into my body again......DOH!!!

Anyway, thought I would pick up my diary again for that extra bit of motivation (and accountability) so here goes.

I am going on a Spa break with three other women from work on 4th October and really want to shift 7lbs in time for that, which is very achievable don't you think? I also want to be 10st max for Xmas. So when the company do is on, I shall be 3 whole stones lighter than last years and maybe then I will get some attention from some of the lovely men that will be in attendance :love:and also some admiring glances from the ladies. Better than being ignored like last year.

I know that I am not strictly maintaining yet but as I am quite close to goal I envisage being able to start working up the plan to maintenance in a month. I just hope now I have made such a provocative statement I don't do the usual and self-destruct. Please girlies, save me from doing that to myself ;)

Off to see CDC at 6:30. I am not going to be weighed this week as I have not been very SS, so I am going to put my starting weight as what it was last week = 10st 12lbs.

Hope all you lovely maintainers are well. Greeneyes, Curly etc you are all doing great. Curly, you look absolutely fabulous and congrats on becoming a CDC. I'm sure you are/will be a brilliant one. Such an example.

Report back soon.

Love and hugs to you all xxxx

Hi Lorrayne, welcome back, we have missed you and the lovely Jess, how is she doing. Well done on staying around the same weight as you were before and 7lb is definately attainable by 4th October if you stick to it..... drink the choccie shakes instead of bars of chocolate, or have a CD bar instead, much more calorie friendly than the big bars you sometimes eat.... How hard is it to lose the weight. As you will see I am now at goal, well actually slightly lower and I have managed to maintain for a whole month now.... woohoo!!! Definately still a learning curve though... hope everything went well with your CDC tonight, go for it hun... 100% until next week and a fabulous weight loss!!

Hi Lorrayne, welcome back, we have missed you and the lovely Jess, how is she doing. Well done on staying around the same weight as you were before and 7lb is definately attainable by 4th October if you stick to it..... drink the choccie shakes instead of bars of chocolate, or have a CD bar instead, much more calorie friendly than the big bars you sometimes eat.... How hard is it to lose the weight. As you will see I am now at goal, well actually slightly lower and I have managed to maintain for a whole month now.... woohoo!!! Definately still a learning curve though... hope everything went well with your CDC tonight, go for it hun... 100% until next week and a fabulous weight loss!!

Hi Linda, Thanks for your kind words. I have been quietly following everyone's progress and have been so full of admiration at how you have stuck to it, your menus etc. You have done so well.

Jess is fine. She is muddling through, trying to sort out her head and her finances. Everytime she goes for it on SS something sets her back - usually lack of funds!!! We had to cancel our Ibiza holiday and both lost £200 because of that. Typical, when you have no money, you lose even more money......grrrrrrrrr. She is taking on the Bank at the moment, with help from my Son in law, which should make a big difference, if she wins and gets all her charges back. Hopefully everything will settle down and she can get back on track.

Today is my start day - so wish me luck. Meeting a friend for lunch and I have warned her that I will be having a shake and black coffee only!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday :D

Go for it honey... have a great day. Sorry to hear about ibiza... nooo! Hugs to you and some to pass on to Jess too...

xxx

Back