Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Hrrmmmph!!!!!! That means 148 x 12 = 1776 - 700 = 1076 cals for me to lose weight :eek: Which is not many :D:D Thanks for this info Bev.

How are things in Espana? Warm and sunny here so my hot turns are doing really well at the mo :cry:xx
Chels - don't go below 1200 though as you drop into Starvation mode which is not good. Stick with SW - it should work for you even though you only have 8lbs to go.

Hot Hot HOT here. 34c yesterday in a bloody conservatory playing bridge was not fun. Cooler today as it's only 30c but more importantly there is a breeze which is just lovely. Sat in my bikini and my baby girls keep trying to have a cuddle - I keep shoving them off. All that fur is too bloody much!

Interesting, my hot turns seem to have calmed down since it warmed up. Or maybe it's just that I don't notice them! LOL

I'll be missing for the next week now so good luck for this week to both of you. Off to the UK tomorrow morning and will only have limited access to get at essential emails. Email me if you need a chat or a shoulder.

Chels - don't go below 1200 though as you drop into Starvation mode which is not good. Stick with SW - it should work for you even though you only have 8lbs to go.
:D
Hot Hot HOT here. 34c yesterday in a bloody conservatory playing bridge was not fun. Cooler today as it's only 30c but more importantly there is a breeze which is just lovely. Sat in my bikini and my baby girls keep trying to have a cuddle - I keep shoving them off. All that fur is too bloody much!
Lol........only 30c :D
Interesting, my hot turns seem to have calmed down since it warmed up. Or maybe it's just that I don't notice them! LOL

That's probably the case, being so hot that a hot flush goes by un-noticed. Perhaps I should emigrate to Saudi and wear a full burka or somefink

I'll be missing for the next week now so good luck for this week to both of you. Off to the UK tomorrow morning and will only have limited access to get at essential emails. Email me if you need a chat or a shoulder.

Oooh, have a good trip back to here and hope that you can get on and post once in a while. xxx

Mine's 1280 - Thanks Bev! :) xxxxx
Mega amount of cals :D Actually, does that mean that this figure has to be constantly adjusted to keep you losing weight. Surely when you get to 148 lbs you would have to go down to my level I am at now?????? :confused: If that was the case then IF I got to 133 lbs I would have to have 896 to continue to lose weight. :cry: Purely hypothetical of course..........:D

Spose...well, I shall adjust accordingly. :D

So...after yesterday - I have drafted out a letter to my boss...let me know what you think. ;)

Dear Employer.

You're an Ar**hole. How DARE you rip in to me because I was off sick last week?! I work so so hard for you, I'm extremely loyal and this is how I get treated? I can't help it if Tom, Dick and Harry gave me the flu can I? It's kinda involuntary isn't it? Trust me - I don't ASK to get the flu.

Enjoy your conference call with HR today discussing my possible disciplinary. It's an absolute effing joke. I have never had a disciplinary, or a warning in my life. I am a very hard worker and I give alot to you. Now I just feel like what was the point? What was the point in staying late to finish a project, or working through a large number of lunch breaks? What was the point in me running around like a headless chicken trying to meet your stupid deadlines?

You've shot yourself in the foot really, because I have had two agencies call me today wanting to put me forward for good jobs, paying £5-6k more than what you're paying me. One of which, I turned down a few weeks ago because I'm so stupidly loyal. Well EFF YOU. I've gone for both. You can stick your "possible disciplinary" and your "consequences" up your big fat bum.

Yours Sincerely,
JT

So, in light of all of this, instead of doing work, I'm on minis, confetti, facebook and all manner of sites. Not doing it today! And with the free time i've had today...I'm making you a little something :D:D xxx
GENIUS...........that'll learn 'em :D:8855:

Mega amount of cals :D Actually, does that mean that this figure has to be constantly adjusted to keep you losing weight. Surely when you get to 148 lbs you would have to go down to my level I am at now?????? :confused: If that was the case then IF I got to 133 lbs I would have to have 896 to continue to lose weight. :cry: Purely hypothetical of course..........:D

Spose...well, I shall adjust accordingly. :D
Yu can continue to adjust if you like but whatever you start with will continue to work. Your weight loss will just slow down a bit.
But in case you have missed it
YOU MUST NOT DROP BELOW 1200

Unlikely I'll get on here again now until next Monday night - probably going to be on dial-up! and don't want to run a big phone bill up for mum.

Hi Chels, hope you have a good day. :)

Only 299 more posts! and l can go gold, lol. Wonder if there's silver, bronze, sections too, l might qualify for tin. :D

Thanks Dis. Will copy and paste my post on Gold for the benefit of anyone who is interested over here :D Give me a mo oh and hope your Wednesday is a lovely one too. xx

Good morning,

I will start by posting food for yesterday, as follows:-

B. Activia FF yogurt and small bunch of grapes. One tea, two coffees (HEA)

L. Caesar Salad, without the caesar! I passed on the croutons and just had a small amount of chicken and the leaves.

S. Banana

D. Home-made chilli with lean mince, peppers, celery, chopped toms, kidney beans. Wholemeal roll and a scrape of spread (HEB + 2 syns). Bunch red grapes.

Really pleased with the choices for yesterday. :D

Jess and I went on our first outing with the Sandhurst Joggers. What a lovely group of people and we both got a very warm welcome. Unlike the British Military Fitness, there was no pressure to keep up and I wasn't made to feel that I was holding anyone up or letting 'my team' down. We covered approx 4 miles, jogging and walking - mainly walking in my case - and I felt good afterwards and still feel good this morning. I can't wait to get good and get the joggers high that I hear so much about :D:D

We have been set some homework, which is basically a 30 minute run/walk, done over one session. So Jess and I have decided to do this on Saturday morning.

All in all, a good day yesterday.

I have got some left-over chilli for lunch today, plus activia ff yogurts and plenty of fruit.

Jess, bless her, spent the day yesterday making our own progress cards, adorned with photos that are personal to us plus columns for us to record our measurements, weight, etc. I've got a picture of a glass of rose wine on the front of mine, along with Jose Mourinho (phwoar!) and some nice pics of Jess and I at her recent 21st celebrations. Nice work Jess. Your marketing skills are evident :D

Today's food so far:-

B. Banana, apple, pear and Activia ff yogurt

L. Chilli, no rice

Will update the rest later.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying "hump day".

Off to read some diaries, work permitting :D

I'm at home today, scrubbed the garden path this morning, tired out :eek:, loads of housework & decluttering to get done, but l need a break without going near the fridge/food cupboards, hence Minis. :D

Activity is good Dis. I found, when I had a garden, that I could totally lose myself in it and not give food a thought........miracle :D

If you do calorie counting there is a very rough and ready formula to use for how many calories you should have. Take you weight in pounds and multiply by 12. This is the number of calories you need to MAINTAIN your weight. To lose weight just subtract 700 and aim for this. You can easily lose with this number of calories less.

So for me at 180 lbs - to maintain I need 180*12 = 2160 so to lose I need 2160-700 = 1460.

DO NOT GO BELOW THE 700 LOWER OR 1200 A DAY or else you body goes back into starvation mode and you will not lose and may even put on weight believe it or not.

Well that's clever, I didn't know this, thanks Bev!

Fur, fur!? I thought we'd had a chat about an epilator somewhere - didn't it work then? :8855:

Fur, fur!? I thought we'd had a chat about an epilator somewhere - didn't it work then? :8855:
I promise I got the epilator out - it's just the bloody cats wouldn't stay still long enough for me to do them! I think it's time they went on the BBQ and singe the bloody fur off! (I'm not serious of course I adore my babies).

Sold the Bex Bissell years ago Chels - but it would be useful now on tiled floors.

Well, I bought myself a dongle and it's sort of working. Slightly faster than dial up speed - but not much - although I keep losing the connection. Pants really, so not too impressed at all.

But you may hear from me after all over the next few days.

Nightie bye ladies. Must away to bed, It is now 1:50 am (although to my body 2:50) and I've got to take mum out at 9:30 in the morning as she is off on some old fogies day trip.

Last edited:
I promise I got the epilator out - it's just the bloody cats wouldn't stay still long enough for me to do them! I think it's time they went on the BBQ and singe the bloody fur off! (I'm not serious of course I adore my babies).

PMSL!

I hope you were able to get some rest and will enjoy your visit.

Mel

Nightie bye ladies. Must away to bed, It is now 1:50 am (although to my body 2:50) and I've got to take mum out at 9:30 in the morning as she is off on some old fogies day trip.
Hahaha, old fogies day trips will be the highlight of our week pretty darn soon. :8855:

Morning Chels, have a good day. :)

Hahaha, old fogies day trips will be the highlight of our week pretty darn soon. :8855:

A trip like that would be the highlight of my week NOW, lol, my 7 y o son told me the other day that my age (44) is old! :rolleyes: Right enough my hearing and eyesight aren't as good these days and my memory has been getting worse for the last 7 years. Us old fogies rock! :D

Morning Chels, have a good day. :)

A trip like that would be the highlight of my week NOW, lol, my 7 y o son told me the other day that my age (44) is old! :rolleyes: Right enough my hearing and eyesight aren't as good these days and my memory has been getting worse for the last 7 years. Us old fogies rock! :D
Blimmin' heck Dis......things shouldn't be packing up at your tender age ;) My memory is dreadful. I have copious amounts of post-its in my glasses case to remind me of things I have to do/places I have to be at etc. Eyesight is awful, like someone has turned down the dimmer switch and now you come to mention it, I do have the telly up rather loud these days :eek::D I keep telling myself it is because of the traffic noise when the windows are open but maybe not................ :D

Hope your day is a good one xx

Posted on my Gold diary yesterday

I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago for the first time in 8 years :eek: A check-up revealed no fillings needed, just a scale and polish, which was fair enough. I had scale and polish last Saturday :D Anyway, when I'd had the initial check I enquired as to whether anything could be done about the gap I have towards the back, upper. I didn't have an adult tooth growing behind the milk tooth so have had this gap all my adult life and very self-conscious of it, especially when smiling. The dentist said he could crown the tooth behind and fit a bridge to fill the gap. In the past I have been told that it could only be done privately like this and for the cost of £1,000 upwards!!

This guy said he could do it on the NHS for £204. Bargain :D Today I had the first appointment, where he drilled away some of the tooth to be crowned, took an impression and put on a temporary metal crown. I now look like Jaws from the Bond movie :D:D I go back in 2 weeks to have the tooth and bridge finished off.

Here I am sitting here and not being able to eat anything because my 'bite' is so uneven. I am mildly peckish but no more and I'm staring at a tin of Heinz soup willing myself to fancy it..........not happening. In order to get something inside me I have just sucked on a small bag of Chocolate buttons - approx 10.5 syns - so SW wise good and if I was to be CC ing, very good.

So, the foolproof way to lose weight (eat your heart out Marissa, Atkins etc) is to get a dodgy, metal crown inserted into your oral cavity and job's a good 'un :D:D

The check-up and the clean and polish cost £17.00!!! The practice also offer botox :eek: The receptionist has it periodically, she is 49 and truly hasn't a line on her face. For £180 I am seriously considering it. She looks totally 'unworried' but still has expression. Marvellous what you can get from the dentist these days :)

P.S. When the dentist says "You need a filling" does he actually mean that the lines on your face look like they could do with some drastic intervention or does he mean you have a tooth cavity???

Thursday 16th

Food so far today:-

One 4 fingered kit-kat because I still can't chew properly - plan on having soup for lunch. Pesky tooth

Back