Cherry's time to blossom

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
I have a blog (see my sig) but thought I might as well add a diary on here as well now they have their own section.

Basic intro to my diary. I'm currently on week 4 of S&S (can't believe it's been that long already!) I started on the 28th December with lots and lots to lose. I've tried Slimming World before but had real difficulty sticking to the plan with so much tempting food everywhere! Decided to give VLCD a go as I need to 'reset' my brain and my relationship with food. At the moment just seeing how it goes as to how long I stay on this plan. Once I've finished I hope to lose the last bit and maintain with Slimming World as I know it works.

Currently I'm doing the 3 packs a day, however, not a 100%er as I have diet fizzy drinks, eat the occasional quorn instead of chicken and fish and occasionally forget to eat a pack (usually remember the next day). My usual daily meals consist of a choc truffa bar, spag bol and crispy choc shake. I do have loads of other packs but I love these 3 so much till I run out I probably won't see much of the others!

I weigh in on Wednesday morning and usually try to take measurements. In my first 3 weeks I've lost 21.5lb (1st 7.5lb) which is pretty close to the most I've lost on a diet and certainly the fastest I've lost that much. Measurements wise I don't seem to have changed much but my clothes feel looser (work that one out).

Anyway some of the posts on here will probably be pretty much copied from my blog and others will just be general rambling. Not much more to say :D

Glad you've started a diary cherry! And well done for getting to week 4. Seems a distant dream to me just now.....

Look forward to reading more xx

You'll get there!! Oh sent those packs btw :)

Thanks! I pm'd you to day yours will be posted tomorrow! :) x

You're doing great Cherry. I always find that once I get over the 2 stone mark I start seeing a difference in clothes. Prior to that I don't really shift down a size. But any stones you lose from then on result in smaller sizes. That's what it's like for me anyway :)

That's what it's like for me too BG x

I'm hoping once I'm back in the 16's some of my old clothes will start fitting me again as that's the weight I was when I brought them. Haven't dared try them on yet.

Good luck Cherry, really good to see someone on week 4 as I'm not even at the end of week one! Good to know it's doable.

One thing I regret, when I moved abroad, was getting rid of all of my 'skinny' clothes. At that point I was the lowest I have ever been so all my stuff was new! But I couldn't take much so I got rid of all of my 'fat' clothes and most of my skinny, with the idea of buying new stuff. Big mistake, in central Paris size 16 is still huge! I had to buy things here every trip home.... every trip, they were bigger again..... really glad I'm back and happy now, I'd be a balloon by now if I'd stayed!

Hey Cherry, try them on. Even if they don't fit it's great to have something to assess your losses by other than the scales, and too small clothes definitely do that. What's horribly tight one minute you're wearing the next (well, in a couple of weeks or so anyway!). I have some lovely Monsoon jeans that I really liked wearing last time I lost the weight and another pair the same in the size below that (as I liked them so bought the same pair but smaller). I can't get the bigger pair over my arse yet :) but every couple of weeks from now on I will be judging my progress by how far up my arse they have got :). My next target is to get them done up, and the next target will be to be able to breath in them :). When I'm comfortably in the size down from that I should be at goal with any luck.

I remember having clothes in the wardrobe last time that were too small and then when I got round to trying them again they were too big, so don't miss out on wearing anything like I did.

I know they'll start fitting me again soon as they fit me in the 16's. Got some shirts that are from 15's/16's so I'll try them soon. I know I won't end up with them too big (or at least unwearable) for a while as they're all I have from between 13's and 16's!

I have sooo much stuff it's not real. And bags and bags of size 16 stuff in the loft that wouldn't look at me just now. If that lot comes down it'll be like a whole new wardrobe as I cannot for the life of me remember what I put up there!!!

I was the same scotbean - I had mountains of clothes in all the sizes from 14 to 22/24! I got to size 14 last time I did a VLCD and went completely mad shopping for clothes. I had thrown all my fat clothes away when I got to goal so I had no bigger clothes so ended up buying new ones as I piled the weight on. I'm now wearing them all again as I slim down again. I'm in a size 16 - 18 at the moment depending on the make. I have big boobs and hips and a relatively small waist so things that fit on the waist just now are too tight round the bum and things that fit my bum are a bit big on the waist. I hope things even out a bit eventually. I had a massive sort out of clothes a few weeks ago as I had bin liners full of my goal weight clothes but I'm still 2 stone away from wearing any just yet. I'll get there eventually though although no doubt another shopping spree will be on the cards when I get to goal :)

I'm similar on clothes BG. If they fit my waist they won't go over my hips and if they go over my hips they're big on the waist. And don't even get me started on big boobs and tops. I end up in tents as they're the only things that fit over my boobs!

I hate my boobs and would like them surgically reduced when I get to goal. Seriously thinking about it. I want to be a C / D cup and able to buy lovely bras and not seeing them head south as soon as I undress :(

I'm praying mine will go down in size as I lose weight but then they'd head south. No point me having any work on them till I've had any kids I want as they'd just muck it up. I would love a lift though and potentially a reduction.

Yeah, you leave yours well alone for now Cherry and think about it when you get to my age if you want to :). You might go down a few cup sizes but I know that unfortunately I don't. Start an F cup, end an F cup. The band size decreases though. I'm on a 38 now - started at 42. I should be a 36 when I'm done.

Really struggling today :( It's my second TOTM this month having just come off the pill (seriously considering going back on) and all I want to do is eat!! I have literally spent the entire day clock watching to my next meal and the second I've finished it I want another. I know it's not so much hunger and I don't care if what I eat is packs or real food I just want it! I think part of it might be slight dehydration as I always drink loads at this time and I will admit I have been rather lacking in drinking enough.

One thing that is really getting to me though is lack of scales movement. Since Wednesday (weigh day) I've not lost anything and some days I've even gained. So depressing. Just really hoping I get a loss on Wednesday, especially as I am so so close to my next stone drop (17's to 16's).

Keep up the good work cherry, its rubbish at TOTM, I sympathise as I to have been having two a month since dec, so 4 since then! It is hard but you don't want to ruin all your hard work and fantastic weight loss for a moment of brief distraction. That's all it is, distraction. xxxx

Sorry you are having a tough day today Cherry and hope that more water helps. It's not easy getting through the tough hours but you've done so well and those scales will shift!

Last edited:
Back