cheryl's WW food log & thoughts !

yes i plan to get one but a bit broke at the mo. Do you recomend the starter pack with the journal etc ?

Personally? No. I think the journal is an un-neccesary expense. Ive bought an a5 notebook out of WHSmiths for £1.50, its the type with the rings down the spine so you can tear pages out nicely. I start a fresh page every day, list what Ive eaten, the points and my remaining points for the day and any to carry over. Every Monday I tear out the previous weeks and start afresh.

I got my calculator on ebay for £7 not sure what WW sell them for tho

think i saw the calculator at £6 , looked at the eating out & shopping guides too, they were in the starter pack & the lady said it was better value to get that than separately

Hi Cheryl,

I have the little calculator - its fab and really discreet too. I wander around M&S checking points I can really reccomend it. I have the eating out guide which is really good and I bought the shopping guide last week. Good luck with your first week.

Ax

starlight ~ are you doing it on line or just followng the plan on your own ?

had a 50/50 day today.
started well with a plain bagel & honey for b'fast (4 1/2 pts)
then went off to my sisters to collect eldest daughter, stayed for coffee & more coffee etc. By time i took DD1 to M&S to look at school uniform i was starving (about 3.30pm) so got a sarnie & scone (9 1/2) which left me 9 pts for dinner. OK, till both daughters decide they r going to stay at my sisters tonight & i decide to throw a sickie to have a night on own with hubby ( who's now asleep on sofa :rolleyes:) & we get pizza & chicken combo & garlic bread :eek:.( Domino's)
i had 4 slices pizza, 3 chicken strips 1/2 portion wedges & 1/2 the garlic bread - how many points ????
i had 7 1/2 points in reserve + 9 left of todays = 16 1/2, how many to i have to cut off my next 4 days, any ideas please

Hi Cheryl

Dunno about the points, but I am seriously considering WW. I have gained about 3lbs, but I am up and down a helluva lot and need to address the eating thing. I seriously don't think I eat enough regularly, and then when I do, bang on goes the weight. I really cant face SSing again, does my head in now after 10 years on and off, so would be grateful for any help and hints and whether you think I should go for it! xxx

hi Cheryl, how ya doing hun ?
like you i couldn't SS again & found i needed some structure as when i tried Intuitive eating i ate everything.
I have done WW many times b4 & it suits me & the family.
I'd say give it a go, you can't lose anything ~ bar weight :rolleyes: ~ they have free registration at the mo, go on their site & you can print a voucher.
if you do points it should address portion control & this is what i'm counting on.
good luck.

I am fine hun, reading and lurking, not posting much. I am waiting to hear back from WW so that I can talk to a class leader before I embark, but sounds like a good approach to me. I definitely need control, can't keep relying on foodbacks for the rest of my life. It has ruled my life for sooooo long now, and I need to get on with things, if you see what I mean.

My daughter is due to give birth in about 4 weeks and I am so excited. I know that I have twin grandchildren, my son's. but its a bit different being the maternal granny. And, with my medical history, I need to be in tip top condition.

Wish I was a bit further up the country so that I could meet up with you more often, but being at the ends of the earth, its not easy.

Will watch your postings with interest and will let you know which way I decide to go. You are going great guns hun, onwards and forwards, no point dwelling on the past, we can't change what has happened only what will happen. We are in control (most of the time lol) x x x

Hi Cheryl

Dunno about the points, but I am seriously considering WW. I have gained about 3lbs, but I am up and down a helluva lot and need to address the eating thing. I seriously don't think I eat enough regularly, and then when I do, bang on goes the weight. I really cant face SSing again, does my head in now after 10 years on and off, so would be grateful for any help and hints and whether you think I should go for it! xxx

Im sure you'd really enjoy WW if you started it :)

it would appear i've just scoffed 23 1/2 points :eek:.
with my 7 1/2 in reserve & 9 left for today, that means i need to pull back 6 points over the next 4 days, i'm sure i can manage that.
well lesson learnt ~ allthough somewhat enjoyably.
Life is for living ain't it

Lol, it's good as you're keeping track so if you do go over you can recoup them!
Glad you enjoyed it though!
xx

oh yes it was mighty yummy, not had Pizza since pre CD, so at least last October if not b4

had a good day today.
started off with a bagel & 2 poached eggs, real yummy.
lunch was a "help yourself" fruit salad from Sainsbury's , if you know what i mean, with a spoon of lf greek yogurt on, i have counted it as 3 1/2 points.
tonight i have had spaghetti bolognese.
in total this is 20 1/2 points, leaving 2 1/2 points to take off my excess of last night

You're doing really well, well done on saving some points to make up for your pizza!
xx

today has been a disaster :eek:
TOTM arrived this morning & i feel crappy, actually took to my bed this afternoon which is unususal.
unfortunatly feeling crappy has led to a day long of grazing, can't even really remember all of it, some ceral bars, sandwiches,pie & chips to name a few of the things that were mindlessly shoveled in :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
finishing off with the remenants of a bottle of wine.
shall cancel today out of my memory & tommorrow will be a fresh start

today has been a disaster :eek:
TOTM arrived this morning & i feel crappy, actually took to my bed this afternoon which is unususal.

Awww :(

I was so hoping you were going to say you were in Waitrose. I felt sure I was going to see you in there. No idea why. Just couldn't stop thinking about it and checking out the other customers. (I did refrain from walking around calling "Cheryl...Cheryl...are you there?" which is a definite improment :clap:

As I say, no idea why I thought you were there. I've had these physic thoughts before with other people and I'm never right :D

Hope you feel more yourself tomorrow.

hi KD,
don't usually shop in Waitrose, if i'm feeling flush i may get an item or 2 in there but thats it.
Actually i'm waiting for my first Asda on line delivery this evening, trying to shop with the girls in toe is a nightmare, i forget loads but spend more on the "can we just have"...'s so thought i'd give it a go

Back