Chewing Gum - Which one can I have?

lillypop

now got pictures in album
I've been reading the forums and some people chew gum and some people dont as it makes them feel hungry, well, I want to give it a go as I am obsessed with my breath smelling bad and sometimes at work its hard to get my breath freshener out without everything looking at me!! :eek:

So, my question is, what gum do people use if you are on the CD that hasnt got calories in it or citric acid?? :D:D

Thanks very much :):gimi:

I can't help with whats actually allowed, but for the past 6 months i've been chewing the mint flavoured Extra with no side affects.

I have tried the Extra and Trident fruit flavours, but they really make my tummy gurgle (sooo loud)

Hope this helps

I think as long as you stick to a sugar free mint flavour you're fine.. I use wrigleys extra, but then I always have!! the fruit flavoured ones have citric acid in so probably best to avoid.

I have chewed cool mint wrigleys extra throughout to no ill effect. It's better than watching the people you chat with cover their noses with their hands.

I have chewed any sugar free gum for the last 4 weeks. Don't feel hungry but it stops me worrying about blowing people away with my breath! :D

Interestingly I was reading an article about ... ummm ... wind :eek: ... and it seems that the sorbitol and xylitol?? (something or other like that) sweeteners used in gum can make you rather windy....

Different things work for different people....

Be gorgeous x

Michelle x

A note of caution.

Sugar free gum is neither calorie nor carbohydrate free.

Most of them contain Polyols which are short or medium chain sugar-alcohols. Either way, they do have some carbohydrate activity & too much & it can knock you out of ketosis.

iv been told by my cdc that im allwed trident splash x

Is there something different about this?
Please tell me more...

I'm glad the rest of you are Ok with gum. People vary enormously in how much thay can 'get away with' & remain in ketosis.

Its not just the citric acid, carbs, cals problem its the chewing action as well.

By chewing you are sending messages to your stomach that food is on the way, which we know it isn't but our poor old stomachs don't, stomach acids start to build in preparation to digest the non existent food. So you can be left with a sore stomach or indigestion as the acids have nothing to work on.

If you do have to chew just a few seconds to freshen breath then get rid.

Its not just the citric acid, carbs, cals problem its the chewing action as well.

By chewing you are sending messages to your stomach that food is on the way, which we know it isn't but our poor old stomachs don't, stomach acids start to build in preparation to digest the non existent food. So you can be left with a sore stomach or indigestion as the acids have nothing to work on.

If you do have to chew just a few seconds to freshen breath then get rid.

Thanks for that, I will do that then, chew for just a few seconds and get rid, its fine using the breath fresheners when I am not in meetings but sometimes I feel a bit paranoid that I have really bad breath and cant get the freshener out without it making a 'sshhhhhhh' noise!

Back