Chicken Chasseur

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by laura2481, 27 September 2010 Social URL.

1. laura2481

laura2481 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(12.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just made this for dinner- adapated from a Gary Rhodes recipe (thanks Gary :D) and it was lovely. So much I'm thinking of having leftovers again tomorrow! :)

3 syns per serving on Extra Easy and Original.

For Green I guess you could have HEB portion of chicken?

Chicken chasseur serves 4 = 3 syns per serving
    6 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs Free
    2 onions, thickly sliced Free
    250g whole button mushrooms Free
    300 ml white wine 12 syns
    400ml chicken stock Free
    4 tomatoes, quartered (and de-seeded if you like) Free
    1tbsp tomatoe puree (negligible syns per serving)

method:
    • Cut thigh portions in half so you have 12 pieces= 3 pieces each for serving :)
    • Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Pan-fry the chicken over a medium-high heat using frylight, turning, until golden on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep to one side
    • Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, stirring occasionally until they have a little colour and are beginning to soften, 6-8 mins.
    • Stir in the tomato purée and white wine, then pour in the stock.
    • Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer.
    • Place a lid on the pan and continue to cook, allowing the sauce to just simmer for about 1 hr, or until the meat is completely tender
    • At the last 15 minutes, add the tomatoes. Simmer, without the lid, until has reached a nice consistency.
    Serve with veg and mashed potato, or whatever you like :)

Last edited: 7 May 2012
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    That sounds yum! I shall be testing that out next week. When I used to make it I'd sometimes add some diced bacon when doing the onions so I might try that.

Thank you :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.